Play YouTube video button

AES Drilling Fluids Employee Reviews

Featured review
AES Drilling Fluids selected this as a representative review
Excellent Company with a lot of postivity
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Kermit, TXAugust 8, 2019
The long days do not seem long at all, great people to work with and for. The hardest part of the job is learning all the process' needed for each customer.
Large company with small company values.
Drilling Fluids Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 14, 2019
AES treats you like family. When you work here, you feel more like brothers and sisters with roles, than peers, supervisors and management. AES is a strong, growing company and a solid place to work. One of the best jobs I've ever had. Literally no complaints.
Choose a better employer..
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXAugust 13, 2019
In less than a year I was there, I saw almost 12 people get hired and quit due to the work environment. There are better places to work for sure. Easy money but toxic environment.
Excellent company to work for
Drilling Fluids Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 4, 2019
The best fluids company I've been a part of in my short oilfield career. They let you make the decisions, deliveries are extremely fast and they get you all of the tools necessary to do your job. Can't say that for other companies I've worked for.
Terrible place to work
Solids Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJuly 11, 2019
Management is complete joke and will lie right to your face it was a very “click “ place to work which if you’re not family then you’re screwed. Stay away at all costs
Great Place To Work
SR AP Analyst (Special Project/Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77079July 10, 2019
A great company to work for. Flexible work schedule, family oriented, work hard, play hard work environment. Relaxed environment...family comes first attitude.
Drilling Fluids Engineer (Former Employee) –  Permian BasinJuly 10, 2019
Aggressive Professional environment, beware of backstabbing politics in the office.
You can be the best on your job and still someone in the office will stab you in the back and you will loose your job without any opportunity given to defend yourself, even when the client is stepping in to defend you and your value and professionalism.
Get with the times
Jr Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2019
It is very unfortunate that AES drilling fluids still operates the same way they did in the 1970s. My time there has been weird/interesting to say the least every day I felt like I was stepping into another time zone. They lacked the software and the technology to operate like most companies do in 2019, which made it very difficult to do my job. The culture there is toxic to say the least but not Explicitly toxic, it’s slightly insidious. Many of the managers are racist and ignorant and it’s hard being a minority in their corporate office. You can pretend like everything‘s OK and you’ll fit right in, but if you’re aware to the negative vibes you won’t fit in very well.
Pros
Salad on Wednesday
Cons
Moody management, racist co workers, passive aggressive culture
Productive and funplace to work
SR AP Analyst (Special Project/Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77079May 23, 2019
I learned a great deal from this company. One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Understanding, kind, patience, do not micromanagement, entrust that employees will do their job.
Pros
Free lunch on Wednesday
Mud Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 6, 2019
AES is a great employer to work for. Been here almost a full year now and still love it. Considering transferring to the Colorado office soon just for new opportunities.
Benefits
Cons
Paid hourly instead of contract
Waste of effort
Lead Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXNovember 29, 2018
I sacrificed a lot for this company only to be let go for something I wasn’t even guilty of. Never would I even consider returning to work for this company.
Pros
A good place to obtain experience
Fluid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Lab Technicians will have a career limited to about 2 years. The President is difficult to work for and treats his lab employes badly. Every Monday morning his attitude changes and evetually threatens peoples employment. Lab director is unorganized and forgetful, creating an unorganized work flow that eventually leads unfinished projects. There are alot of machines in lab or aquiring experinace in application chemisty can be done in the houston lab.
Pros
good experience
Cons
difficult work environment, very passive aggressive
Good work environment and good promotions if in the right place at the right time
Technical Drilling Fluids Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2018
i have nothing bad to say about AES. They are a good company to work for and it gives good promotions when time comes. The employees are good people and get along well. The Houston office was good place to work.
Good Place to work with great benefits
AR SPECIALIST/BILLING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
This company is great to work for if you like a very monotonous type of work day. They offer pretty good job perks though. Salad Wednesdays, 2 on site massages a month. Christmas bonus. All holidays are paid time off.
great work place
INVENTORY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg PAHoustonTX pasenton TXKirmit TXMay 21, 2018
Nice work environment long hours but its great place to work. Mixing mud , loading truck with pallet materials its an great experience. Its has being my pleasure to work for aes in the pass .
Pros
Good benefits
good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXApril 25, 2018
When I started they had management problems. A new manager was coming in as I was leaving I think that should improve the overall work environment. The job was overall okay.
Before and After
Fluids Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2018
It was a great place to work until the company was sold. It then became a place filled with nepotism. It seemed that if you were not related to someone it was hard to get anything accomplished.
Pros
Good middle management
Cons
Poor senior leadership
Like a Family
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79707March 10, 2018
Everyone that work with the company was like a FAMILY, we all help each other, been their on tick and thin issues. Each morning we all walk in has being happy to be there.
Pros
Everyone enjoy showing to work
Cons
The company sold and everyone was let go
Productive area and good organized
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Kermit, TXMarch 10, 2018
I will talk about it when i get interview. Hope i get the change to have one, there are tips but i think in person are better. Thanks for your atention!!
Staff is like Family
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Great work culture. They appreciate their workers more than any place I have ever been. Not only is everyone supportive and kind, their is a cohesive way that everyone works together to keep the company and its values first.
Pros
Friday Lunches / Birthdays
the manager is not fair
Warehouse Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Big Lake, TXJanuary 16, 2018
It's a good place to work work but the manager there isn't very fair with everything he does some guys stay up there by themselves when they're not supposed to and it's not right

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AES Drilling Fluids. Our community is ready to answer.

AES Drilling Fluids Reviews by Location