Aflac

Aflac Employee Reviews

United States3,873 reviews

Found 3,873 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,884 reviews
commissionagentcoldcallingsaleincomeprospectinsurance

I left my 9-5 and now I make more money working PT. You get out what you put in, it also helps if you have a good DSM to mentor you

Featured review

Aflac selected this as a representative review
Aflac promotes an extremely healthy work/life balance based on their pay structure. Their bonuses are easily attainable based on the time they give you to hit it. I work less now for myself and make more money than I did working for someone else.

Pros

Easy to hit bonuses if you're trying. You work for yourself and set your own schedule, pay is great compared to slaving at a 9-5 in a toxic work environment for pennies.

Cons

you may get the occasional no but that comes with any sales position.

Excessive meetings and group chats

Meeting after meeting, group chat after group chat cut into prospecting time. “Eh” at best and only if you have a FT secondary income (at least for the 1st two years.

Aflac insights

Based on 1,281 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Productive and fun workplace

Aflac is a very good company to work for. It provides opportunities to start and grow your own business. Also it give you the ability to set your own schedule.

Great Product. Great Potential. Great People.

If you are looking for a career that will let you flex your skills and pay you for the effort you are putting in, then Aflac is the place for you. There is no limit to your income potential. If you work hard and have quick success, a management position can come rather quickly.

read each & ask questions about pay

not sure how the position works. 90 percent of revenue sits in their business account.. some say you’ll be paying to work when ever you first begin .. always make sure u know how your getting paid

Fun good benefits

Good place to work, good benefits , low pay . Really enjoyed the time and coworkers even sometimes was hectic. It could be better and easy to get promotion

Good leadership

I loved the leadership and positivity from everyone that worked hereThe pay was good and I had about 2 raises within a year good work life balanceA lot of ppl stay here for years

Try to control you but you are the CEO

They try to make it feel like you are in a W2 job and participate in all these silly meetings that don’t generate income. If you need that sort of thing to hold you accountable it can be helpful but I felt it was a waste of time and training was redundant and a waste of time

Lots of work but if you cant sell you will never be paid.

You'll go weeks even months without getting paid. Your not an employee you are a independent agent representing aflac. You pay your own taxes and expenses. Save your time and effort and find a real job.

Good stable company

Compensation is normally aligned with the industry and market. Stable company where you can really grow. Cons - as a result of many companies working remote there are opportunities for higher paying remote positions

Good Beginner Job

So there is no complaints as a recruiter. It’s a good beginner job. You aren’t directly hired by Aflac, you are a subcontractor. So your pay depends on who you land under. No room for growth but my RSC is the best.

The people are great here.

It's just a commission only job so there is no salary. Management is awesome and they take care of you but if you're not setting appointments and selling then you're not getting paid.

Not set up for success

6 weeks into working I was let go for “lack of productivity.” I feel like this was premature and I didn’t get a chance to actually step into the role. Majority of new agents who have a successful DSC will do just fine but if you have a DSC with a small book of business you’re basically on your own.

Lots of walking and calling

If you are a patient, tenacious, young, and single person, this could be a good gig. There is potential for money, bonuses, trips, prizes, advancement, etc. You have to visit places relentlessly to get through gatekeepers who have seen dozens of Aflac reps before. The market in my region was highly saturated, making it difficult to stand out from the years of previous agents.

Flexible job but low pay

Commission only and no benefits. They will hire anyone, and water down the pool of agents in doing so. You can make your own schedule, but they also expect you to attend weekly and monthly meetings on your own dime.

Want to waste time and money?

Very misleading if you want to waste away all of your time and money you’re in the right place! Little to no training provided they over exaggerate the opportunity

Supportive Work Place, Income = Effort Put In

People here are supportive & company provides an abundance of ways to learn. Income is based on how well you sell. You can earn 6 figure income if you put in the work or more. People are very friendly and always offer to help each other if you ask. This job requires you to have a go getter attitude and good at sales at least if you are a producer. Also, going through their training helps you learn how to read insurance contracts and coverage paperwork. Great skill to have in everyday life, not just work.

Poor training and guidance.

I went to my interview with little to no knowledge about the company and compensation.Aflac is purely commission based. They give you almost no training and throw you into the field after 1 hour of showing you what to do. I was told that I don’t need to be “babysat” when speaking to potential clients. However, I was completely new to insurance and the company gives you no training or references on how to speak with the clients. You are basically thrown into the shark infested water with no weapons.

Pros

Cons

No hourly, no guidance, commission ONLY, no training

Claims Specialist

I was excited by the opportunity, training went well, ramp up started well but in the end was unable to give them the quality they wanted with the quantity without rushing and making possible errors.

Pros

Wfh, provided equipment, voluntary OT incentives, free Aflac policies, standard benefits package

Cons

Metric expectations are difficult to achieve. If you do not achieve them you will be terminated.

High stress and very low pay. In the beginning you pay to go to work!

The compensation is 100% commission and is structured as your own business, therefore you're responsible for everything and there are no benefits at all. Its a typical pyramid business model with very high turnover because the regional/district coordinators try to bring in as many people as they can bc they get a piece of all the action. There is very little training and then you are sent out on your own and until you close your first deal, there is no pay. this timeframe can be anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Save yourself the trouble and avoid this job at all costs!

Great management and get to choose your schedule but you decide your fate

Getting to choose your own schedule is nice but you have to be self motivated to get up and go out everyday and be willing to take chances. You only make money when you sell.

Pros

Cons

Commission only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight