Aflac Employee Reviews

Found 2,628 reviews matching the search See all 2,633 reviews
Amazing
Translator Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 18, 2019
Is no words that can describe Aflac, is the greatest Company I have ever seen, with great the Benefits, the humanitarian heart of each employees and the great mentality of our CEO, is an everyday learning process with each jobs and the people you work with leaving you great experience every day, the culture and the diversity on each project is amazing and be part of that really rejoice me every day. Knowing that you have a company that cares about their employees is a really great felling not only taking care of you but also take you to another level guiding you, teaching you, and help you to get better every day leading your career to another level inside of the company.
Pros
Great athsmosphere and Diversity
Cons
My department is very old school
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 16, 2019
Your co-workers are there to help you and drive you to succeed. I was able to gain valuable experience every day from the job requirements and would recommend this position to anyone.
Cut throat and Agressive
Insurance Salesman (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 15, 2019
Management seems ti encourage breaking the rules and I come first attitude. Management will have cattle calls and Everyone is hired but not paid . Only commission so you have to get license but while studying for exam they ask you to cold call 300 people a day . Then let other agents run your appointment . You get no money for any cold calling . Older agent take advantage of newer agents . Just not a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Alot
Productive and Fun Workplace
Independent Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJanuary 14, 2019
Wonderful work environment filled with self motivated, hardworking people. Great mentoring and support from upper management. Flexible schedule with family as a priority.
Great Culture and Place to Work
INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Definitely would recommend for motivated individuals who enjoy working with like-minded people. I think it is an environment that will grow and challenge you in the best of ways.
Unlimited opportunities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 10, 2019
This industry is changing. It is more competitive and the landscape for outside sales in the health care industry is changing. But for a person who is willing to be focused, driven and teachable; it is a great opportunity.
Productive and fun place to work.
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 10, 2019
The job is 100 percent travel and has flexible working hours and is commission based. You must be self motivated in order to make it in the business very high turnover rate.
Pros
No limits on how much you can earn.
Cons
No salary
Great Company
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Working at Aflac is great because everyone knows "THE DUCK." It's a competative company to work in and takes things to the next level of success. Working with Aflac is planning you're own successful life, your way.
Pros
Insurance
fun travel
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 9, 2019
fun workplace, good incentive, company travel, fun organization activities. work time you make your own schedule and not being micro manage. hard when started
good work experience but very bad culture and lot of politics
Executive (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 9, 2019
joined in 2008, had lot of opportunity to grow as most leaders did not know what to and how to do, every one just doing busy job with out a vision, lot of politics every one trying to others down rather than working as a team, lot of show-off, everyone is related to other as some kind ex relation ... great marketing though. long story short, i was told multiple times by leaders in 8 years i was there, that, I make other people look bad, as i work hard, seriously, and, that, we don't have to speak our mind when the leader on the table thinks otherwise, well, i a fact based person, so left the company, to work where i can work hard and speak my mind with facts.
Okay
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2019
Wasn't looking for a full time job at the time I only wanted a part-time job just enough to have something to do although it was a nice place to work I met a lot of new people I was glad for the experience
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Full time job
pyramid-y
Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2019
out of college was a great experience of getting cold calls and door slammed in your face. definitely needs a go getter attitude but can see it working part time also
Aflac Experience
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 7, 2019
Your day normally begins with a meeting with your district sales advisor. He/she will practice "cold-calling" with you as develop a list of small business that you would approach using a local library database. You will not have an office. The majority of your time will be spent going business to business to set discovery meetings so you can learn more about how you can help those business secure stable employees.
Pros
Take lunch whenever you want.
Cons
1099 positon. Not an hourly rate.
Supervisor, Broker Sales Development and Support (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 7, 2019
Good place to work, very relaxed environment. We are a leading Aflac office in the nation and can provide you a pathway to a financially and personally rewarding career.
Laid Back Job
Independent Associate (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 7, 2019
I really enjoyed working with Aflac. Of course, after the certification of Accidental, health, and life insurance qualifications, I really got into the culture of working for them. It's relatively easy but it's brutal going door to door for customers.
Fun workplace
Administrative work (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 7, 2019
If you are lookin for flexibility. Aflac has a lot to offer. The environment is wonderful and that teams are great. Aflac has great incentives and you can set your own hours.
A great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 7, 2019
Aflac is an awesome company. The organization is focused on the well-being of their employees and their customers. The company leaders are heavily involved with their employees and have an open-door policy.
Hard to make ends meet
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 6, 2019
This was a nightmare! There is no base salary and you are driving around all day wasting gas and not making any money. I would never recommend this company.
Job insecurity. Not stable work. Lots of drama.
Claims Examiner Spicialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 5, 2019
While I was employed with Aflac I witness bullying, people got terminated for no reason without notice. I felt the same was about to happen to me. My fellow employee and myself felt replaceable.
Pros
Free luncheons
Cons
Termination without notice.
Great Benefits for People
Benefits Consultant/State Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 5, 2019
The benefits they offer for the public and employees are great. They really help people out financially when situations/illness occur in their lives but there is definitely a training deficit that needs to be tackled.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.9Fairygodboss Score

79%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

85%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss