Aflac Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,380 reviews matching the search See all 2,385 reviews
B2B Sales
Benefit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 16, 2018
Spend more in gas and time than you make. You put in all the time and effort and your trainer gets half. They want you to eat, sleep and breathe Aflac.
Very Competitive.
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 15, 2018
B2B Sales, 100% Commission based, networking to reach decision makers to determine benefit programs that suite their employees best.

Build and maintain client relationships.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Sales, always on the move
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 15, 2018
This is a sales position. Mostly cold calling in the beginning. Training is given and always offered. Commission based pay so you dont get money if you dont make a sale.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Commission based pay
Unlimited potential, yet income security is slow to come.
Producer / Writer Health Insurance, Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 15, 2018
Great potential, yet it would take over a year to start earning enough to live on. If you were lucky and if you really worked at it for many, many hours, this is not necessarily a negative yet when your on commission, if you'er not being compensated it begins to be very discouraging & disappointing. A work day is up to the individual, but of course the more hours you put in the greater your chances for the long term. Basic Life insurance writer, producer, St. of VA licensure, class and test fees paid by individual.
Obtaining enough clients and the delay in rewards.
Your time is your own to do with what you want. Very flexible, yet, demanding in-order to maintain costs of living.
Pros
Great potential and freedom.
Cons
Slow to gain income.
Difficult place to work
Insurance Benefits Counslor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVmJuly 13, 2018
If need to earn money and have no back up Aflac is not the place to be. It takes time to get any sort of residual income and the constant daily prospecting. Supplemental Benifits are a tough market, now days almost all companies offer some form of supplemental voluntary benefits. Years ago AFLAC was one of the only companies around that is no longer true. I do have to say they are one of the most ethical companies I’ve seen. Long hours no benefits no base pay is hard. If you have at back up or want to earn extra money it’s good. If need money from day one avoid all commission only jobs.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Pay
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2018
Aflac is great but hardest part is generating your own leads. Ive been with them 3 months and have yet to make a sale. Until I make a sale im pretty much working for free
Typical day
Agent (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 13, 2018
A typical day here is burning your own gas riding around Louisiana praying and hoping someone opens an account with. If you don't open any accounts you don't get paid basically.
Cons
Commission only
Focus and Driven Company
Sales Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10003July 12, 2018
Exciting and dynamic company with viable health products that are appealing for progressive health conscience, product up-date companies to acquire (i.e., Disability Income Product for existing health conditions)
Pros
Work scheduling
Cons
Pricing for Bid submittals
Working at Aflac in Williamsport
Independent Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 12, 2018
Aflac is not a bad company to work for in general; however, it is not a great place to start as an entry level worker living on your own with no other means of financial stability. Sales is a lot of work and takes a long time to get up and running with a good customer base. In today's age, nobody wants to talk about insurance so selling insurance of any kind is not the easiest task. I believe Aflac sales associates are hardworking people who are also very good at heart and at what they do. I appreciated the help and understanding of my management team in Williamsport.
Aflac sends you to sales schools, lifts their people up, works with you to support and motivate you on your journey, provides a nice income (once you have a customer base and a rhythm for it), and is a great sales experience, but is not for everyone.
Na
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 11, 2018
Position is not what I was trained to do. The management team was supportive but the guidance is non existent. Typical sales environment with sink or swim attitude. Realized that this is not the career for me.
great company
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great Company MUST BE SELF DRIVEN! pay is driven by your motivation! if you do not sell anything you do not make anything, so it is very difficult if you have never worked in this type of work or do not have a mentor.
Pros
the harder you work the more incentive there is
Cons
1099 commission
Insurance Sales
Independent Agent Representing Aflac (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJuly 10, 2018
This was a good learning experience for me, and is probably a fine place to work if you're really a sales person at heart, which I am not. Fun, collaborative but competitive culture in the office.
Tough to start making money right away
Aflac Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 9, 2018
Do it if you can afford to not make any money for the first year unless you are the kind of person that can sell things easily. Aflac did not work out well for me because I’m more inclined to be efficient at helping people when they come to me with a problem. At Aflac you’re job is just to sell.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes. Free education
Cons
Commission only
manager was nice, but was loaded with a lot of stress.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Central, VirginiaJuly 8, 2018
I loved meeting new people, but the income was not worth the amount of work I was putting in. to much of a risk. No health benefits and charge backs, which charges you for the cost of the policy you wrote, if they decided not to keep it. Just wasn't what I expected.
okay job
My supervisor was Susan Ingle (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GA 30248July 8, 2018
If you hustle you can do well. You are your own boss. You must be self motivated. It is expensive doing door to door sales. Coldl calling over the phone is hard. Most people don't like insurance agents!
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
lack of structure
Flexible hours were nice
Claims administrator/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 7, 2018
Flexible work at home hours, very convenient. It was a pleasure to help assist people with their claims process personally. Gives a person a sense of fulfillment, as assisting someone personally, helps them feel like someone cares, and avoid the aggravation of an automated system.
Insurance Sales
AFLAC- Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 7, 2018
Working for AFLAC requires being licensed in insurance sales. The cost to become licensed may be large at first. Door to door sales with very few leads. Too many agents to truly be successful unless you get great referrals.
Independent Insurance Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJuly 6, 2018
Overall a great place to work. The majority of the employees are contractual, so there are no benefits. Work environment consists of office/field and there is also the flexibility to work from home.
Pros
Independence and varied work hour.
Cons
No benefits
Fun and action-packed work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJuly 6, 2018
great people to teach and guide you. no limit for the amount of success or pay you receive. the amount of work coordinates with the pay when done correctly. fast job placement. great teammates and awesome staff atmosphere. guided for success
Pros
10-99 contracted emplee
Cons
no benefits
Great people, but not enough compensation to live on.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 6, 2018
I put 43,000 miles on my vehicle in one year trying to make this job work. I went out every day making cold calls. I got stood up regularly for appointments with business owners. The market is extremely saturated for supplemental insurance and Aflac gives you no help with any book of business. I can confidently say I did everything I could to make this job work, but at the end of the day you have to be able to pay the bills.
Pros
Flexibility to make your own schedule
Cons
Saturated market with no base pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

83out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aflac.

Powered by Comparably