Aflac Employee Reviews

I loved working for Aflac
Csr level 2 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 18, 2018
It was an awesome experience. I may go back to the company in the future. I learned alot while working with them. One of the things I learned was empathy
Potential but lack of Consistency
Account Agent (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 18, 2018
Not a job for a recent graduate of college or Grad school. Little to know chance for advancement and minimal support after introductory stage.
Many people end up quitting within the first 6 months.
Cut throat sales
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 15, 2018
They have "trainings" where you are required to call people on their list and ask them to get involved with AFLAC - essentially asking you to sign up people who could be your direct competitor for an account.

Cold calling for the first three months are supposed to be the list of clients you have for the next few years to work off of and get them to enroll.

Cut Throat as you are required to put your contacts on a list - this does NOT stop someone else with this company from going into this account and try to get the account over you. This can cause hard feelings, especially when you've been establishing a relationship with an organization and someone else comes in and closes the deal and gets the income from the contact.

I found it VERY hard to live off of the income I received with the restrictions I was given by my managers.

There are NO specified territories for you to market to - you have all of the state, along with everyone else in the organization.
Pros
Wonderful product
Cons
HIGHLY competetive.
Your work determines your worth
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 14, 2018
You get paid based on the work you put in. It’s not easy being successful with this company. It’s 100% commission only with zero benefits. You must have reserve funds in order to get started, you may not get paid for the first 5-6 months in the business, but again, this depends on you.
Pros
Flexible work hours. Be your own boss. Residual income.
Cons
Commission only. Lack of management. High turnover.
High Pressure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 13, 2018
AFLAC was fast paced and often cut throat. Even though they promised in the beginning they wouldn't go after friends and family, they did. AFLAC is a great company and does a great deal for children with cancer and my wife and I still have to cancer policies.
Pros
unlimited earning potential
Cons
Often a year or more to see this potential
Selling AFLAC supplemental insurance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 13, 2018
Day shift usually customer appointment basis and cold calling; passed State insurance licensing; local management adequate; hardest part company training; enjoyed outside sales calling on customers.
Pros
Independent agent
Cons
ongoing training
I already had my insurance card when I worked there
Agent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 12, 2018
Aflac was not that bad to work for I still have Aflac stuffed animals that say Aflac. My manager was not bad he roped me into one day going to a coal company to sign up workers. That was about the only paycheck I got from them. They did make us go to Morgantown, WV to stay at a hotel for a sales meeting. I think I left them after that.
Awesome Place
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 12, 2018
I loved Aflac as a work place, would love to go back but the chances for advancement seem to be a bit harder and the call center can have challenging days
Great Place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 11, 2018
I really enjoyed myself working for AFLAC. I was trained by some of the best and I was able to learn about the products that really benefited the people we were speaking with. I know A lot of the business I did in the past was beneficial and really helped many families
It was a good place to work for the most part
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Aflac. I learned a lot and was able to take those skills with me as I journeyed to other sales positions. I had the pleasure of interacting with various individuals.
Business expenses incurred on you.
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WISeptember 11, 2018
You need to travel everyday and are responsible for paying all gas expenses with no compensation. 100% commission, would be a good job for people who want to work around their own schedule and don't want to work under a boss.
A great company to work and learn
INDEPENDENT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 11, 2018
A typical day would include making calls to set appointments to land company benefits for their employees. Go out an enroll employees into their benefit's.
Independent Agent
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Lots of cold calls and rejection. Some help from the Management. I was commission only so I had to hustle. The only way to really make any money is to get into management.
Pros
Freedom to set your own schedules
Cons
Commission only and very little training in the beginning. So you better be a self starter.
Amazing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 7, 2018
You have the opportunity to become a multimillionaire insurance agent however it’s very hard work and hard to get into but if you continue to follow your dreams you can accomplish anything in this company allows that to happen Yes
Aflac
INSURANCE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 6, 2018
If you're looking for self-driven independent work, this is the place for you. Weekly team meetings provided a recap of the prior week and recognition of team and individual success. They also give an overview of upcoming events and goals for the week. The hours you work are completely up to you, but the more you work the more opportunity you have to make money!
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Commission only salary
Training
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 6, 2018
The training was quite awful and the market didn't prove to be amenable to the product...particularly the Richmond market. I will say that my trainer tried but it was not eventful.
Not enough money
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 5, 2018
You have to drive everyday in order to make money. If you have a good DSC you can do really well. if you have a bad one you will fail. It is hard to be successful unless you already have funds saved in order to make money . a lot of people quite their first year.
Pros
work/ life freedom. you are your own boss
Cons
Not enough stable money
Good Stuff
Licensed Independent Insurance Producer/Agent (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 5, 2018
The company honestly does what they say they will do, and for me to morally sell someone something I have to know it is truly worth the consumers money, and I can say it is. During my time with the company I witnessed the ease,speed, and honesty that came with filing a claim. Excellent company to both work for and purchase from as I am also a policy holder.
Flexible hours but not steady compensation
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 5, 2018
Insurance sales is not for the faint of heart. The first year or 2 are the hardest. Sales is commission only and very hard to keep steady pace. Lack of training and follow-through with management.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Commission sales, lack of training
Fun place to work at and meant new people all the time.
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 5, 2018
The most interesting part of this job is that there is no ‘typical’ day. One day I would be busy scheduling meetings and the other day I would be traveling on the road.
Maybe the next day I would be busy making presentations in front of a crowd. If the job is unpredictable and calls for efficiency, I try my best to reach that level.
Pros
Monthly and yearly gatherings, very fun.
Cons
Commission based pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.9Fairygodboss Score

79%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

85%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.