Aflac Employee Reviews

Found 2,561 reviews matching the search See all 2,566 reviews
I loved helping the clients
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Amory MSNovember 14, 2018
The people were great. It just needs to be more structured and organized. The company itself is great. This office was run by a DSC who was never there and would be irregular with decisions.
Pros
Hours were good
Cons
Unorganized
Sales job
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 14, 2018
I was not prepared for it to be strictly sales. I thought the position would have leads and other opportunities to grow your business. It is difficult to build your business.
Valuable Benefits
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 14, 2018
Learning about products offered and how they can benefit everyone is great. Aflac helps people when life happens. Educatiing people of benefits brings value.
ok company for commission based pay
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXNovember 13, 2018
company is great as long as no manager disappears or dies, then the company is not prepared for unexpected changes in training situations. the company is not structured for change its set to stay the same
Very Unstable
Manager - Claims (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 13, 2018
Aflac Group is a very unstable environment. The supervisors will take something that is said and twist it to meet their needs. Managers can't have any input unless it is what comes from their Director. There is always another motive.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Director
I was only an intern
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 12, 2018
Very friendly atmosphere. I only worked there 2 days a week unpaid for an internship in HR. It was a lot of fun and I was able to learn a lot about the insurance side of a company and what Aflac actually provided to their customers.
Pros
friendly work environment and flexible schedule
Cons
it was unpaid
Great First Internship
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 12, 2018
As a Human Resources Intern, I come in dressed business casual with my laptop, find an open desk (which is hard sometimes), and immediately get to work. How long I work depends on how much there is for me to do, but I usually leave before my scheduled time. My job is to basically recruit and screen potential candidates for positions at Aflac and schedule meetings. The hardest part of the job was getting comfortable talking to people on the phone and convincing them to attend a meeting. The most enjoyable part is finally calling someone who is genuinely interested in the job and scheduling them for an interview. The office we work at is a shared office space, so it can be a little crowded at times. Overall, I enjoy coming in to work, but I feel out of place sometimes with all of these professionals around me eyeing me down.
Pros
Free coffee, flexible hours
Cons
No pay, rude people on the phone
Commission Sales
Licensed Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 11, 2018
On the road every day you must be ready to get it go with as many B2B opportunities as possible in any given day. Great products for any age customer that was very well designed for the common man, women or family.
Pros
Work on your on time
Cons
Commission you don't sell you don't get paid, you must be willing to be your own boss and manage your own business.
N/a
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 11, 2018
Aflac is a forward moving and innovative company which values the input of all employees. Aflac has a strong focus on family, community and teamwork.
Hard Business
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 9, 2018
Landing clients is tough
Multiple step process to attain new clients
first have to have a business owner agree to see you than you need to sign up multiply people from the business to finalize the process

If your lucky enough to see people of an established Aflac Representative where you can go to sign individuals up for policies, writing business isn't as much as an obstacle
Policies are highly regarded by people who own Aflac
Not the same company I went to work for in 2007
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 8, 2018
Aflac is not the same company I went to work for in 2007. The Company actually cared about their employees. Now it is all about numbers. My district supervisor would stab you in the back. I loved the job I did just couldn't handle the management team.
Exciting and very competitive work environment.
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 8, 2018
AFLAC is overall a great place to work and had many perks involved.
Working at AFLAC was challenging and very competitive and I really enjoyed it. The only downside was that they didn't provide medical coverage.
Pros
Very rewarding and competitive
Cons
no health benefits
Bad training curriculum
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2018
I wasted my time and gas with this company. I commuted daily to another city, sold policies, and was not paid for them. Almost everything good that was initially written about working for this company was fabricated.
Great family oriented company
Business Process Analyst I & II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 8, 2018
Wonderful company to work for, but as you progress up the corporate ladder, there is a middle management glut that can lead to the inability to promote up. Current employees are not afforded a cost of living increase, however new incoming employees are compensated based on the current cost of living, which often means that they will make more coming in the door than someone at the same level with more years of experience within the company.
Great place to work for advancement
District Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Radford, VANovember 8, 2018
Aflac is a great place to work for if you are looking to advance in to management. Great bonus incentives and great worth ethic. Was able to build a team of unlimited team members and enjoy learning and teaching new agents.
Name your own hours
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 7, 2018
AFLAC will support you with how many hours you are willing to put forth. They also offer an amazing training with effective teaching and learning strategies
Energetic place to work
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 7, 2018
This company has the best supplemental insurance in the industry. I feel very confident when selling this product to my clients. The hardest part of this job is being 100% commission and dealing with the billing problems.
Pros
great products
Cons
billing and pay
Good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDNovember 7, 2018
i enjoyed working here for many reasons, including the flexibility of my schedule throughout school, and how i got to work at my own pace. This made it easy to get done what i needed to when i could.
i don't know how people make a living working there
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 6, 2018
Aflac is great, i believe in the products offered and i like the company. HOWEVER, it is a 100% commission-based pay structure. You don't sell you don't eat. i don' know how people do this for a living.
Pros
extremely flexible schedue
Cons
it is extremely hard to make a dollar there
Great Mission
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHNovember 6, 2018
Aflac's mission is to partner with businesses to help both the business and the employees save money through voluntary benefits. These benefits include Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital, Cancer. Life, Dental and Vision insurance policies.
Pros
Helps people and the pay is good
Cons
Hard work getting started

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight