Aflac Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 15, 2017
Aflac was a great place to work you had a work life balance. A typical day at work would be cold calling on business for about 2 -4 hours. the rest of the day was spent making follow up calls to set appointments for the next day. We had some of the best district meeting ever and the food was great.
Pros
Enrollment periods
Cons
competition very competitive
Good culture
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Colorao Springs, CONovember 15, 2017
Commission only position and very hard to make a living. Very difficult to open accounts. It is nice to set own schedule, but need more leadership for someone with no sales experience
Pros
Set own schedule
Cons
Commission Only
It required lots of cold-calling
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2017
Good place to start learning about the insurance business as a young college graduate if you don't mind working on commission. Was not a fan of making the suggested 500 cold calls a day.
Great organizational culture
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Covington, LANovember 13, 2017
Management wants you to succeed and will do everything possible to assist you. Fun place to work and competition is friendly, not cut-throat. Commission jobs aren't for everyone, but if you can handle rejection and are organized and self-directed, you can make a great living at this.
Pros
culture
Cons
commission only
Performance Driven but limited upward mobility
Senior Regulatory Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 13, 2017
It is a great place to work but do not expect advancement to come quickly. The organization can be a bit siloed and is fairly flat in terms of reporting authority.
Pros
Great benefits and culture
Cons
Limited advancement potential
Aflac
Independent Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2017
A typical day at work entailed several forms of communication with clients, fellow agents, and those in leadership positions. Visits to client's homes and work places were an every day occurrence. Benefits counseling and claims filing. It was a fast paced occupation that required networking and a knack to understand people in order to effectively meet their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely calling a policyholder to inform them of their claim being accepted and paid!
Pros
Flexibility; I worked on my own time
Cons
No job security
Takes a certain person
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 10, 2017
Takes a certain type of person. Don't get caught up in the sales pitch during the introduction to the business. Yes there is a lot of money to be had, but not many people actually hit the goals
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Left on your own a lot
Fast pace. Task oriented
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 9, 2017
Working for Aflac was enjoyable. You have a lot of agents to assist when your the front administer, usually in a district office. Teaches you how to work efficiently under pressure. You got to be an organized detailed person to work for Aflac.
Pros
Good hours, commission
Cons
adminastrators dont get commission, stressful at times
Dive in if you're going this direction
Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2017
Not a position for a shy person. Need to have some ability to connect with small business owners to make this work for you. A great opportunity if you have a lot of contacts.
Pros
trips
Cons
work all the time, clients call all the time
Challenging and enjoyable opportunity
Applications Programmer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 8, 2017
Challenging but good learning environment. Great people and friendly and supportive. Obtain experience with SQLCOBOL and additional insurance experience. I commuted but was allowed flexibility in my schedule. Most difficult part of the job was dealing with the different groups involved with the programming, but expected in an insurance environment. Location was convenient for getting personal business done during and after work.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Was contract so have no complaints
Great company, great people
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 8, 2017
Aflac is a wonderful company. The people were/are great.

A typical day was cold calling on businesses to get an appointment with the decision maker on employee benefits to discuss what AFLAC has to offer. I learned a lot about time management, what to say and what not to say to a potential client and how to handle the word "No".

Management was wonderful. The culture is relaxed. It is your time to do with as you wish as long as you are producing. Hours are very flexible. You rarely had to be in the office because you were out calling on businesses. The hardest part was closing the deal. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the new people, finding businesses you didn't know existed because they were located next to one you had an appointment with .
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Commission only
Consultant with Aflac
Small Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 7, 2017
I worked for the corporate office of Aflac in Boise before transferring into the field as a consultant. The corporate position was amazing with great benefits and great pay. After transitioning into the field I felt as though I was lost in the shuffle and over time there was less energy put into training and helping me even though I was still new to the business.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits or base pay
Very Competitive
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDNovember 7, 2017
The Aflac products are top notch. However, you are paid commission based, which was hardest for me to juggle. The fellow agents and supervisors are very supportive and enjoy when you succeed.
rough place if you have to support your self
AZ Licensed Producer/ Accident, Health/injury (Former Employee) –  Mesa AzNovember 6, 2017
unless you have someone to support you while you build your base there is now way to support yourself. if you dont have business owners you are pretty much done
too many agents working the same territory
not as easy as you think
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILNovember 6, 2017
I loved working for Aflac. the only problem was we live in a small town with several agents. I was sometimes hard to fin a company that did not already have it.
Pros
open job hours
Cons
no regular pay
good
HR Coordinator/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 5, 2017
im glad i had the opportunity to participate in their human resources internship program. i learned a lot and met new people and learned kay hr responsibilities
Great company
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 5, 2017
It's a great company to work for that is full of great people.The only downside is it takes a long time to get started making money. Other than the commission based pay, it's wonderful.
My typical day
District Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALNovember 5, 2017
Daily, I go to my office and the 1st hour & a half is spent on paperwork, returning phone calls, doing appeals, checking pended business, and making the schedule for the day. (Schedules change daily so I cant do them ahead of time.) All my associates report to my office or check in by 9 AM. I either spend the day with my new associates in the field doing training or go with seasoned associates to run presentations, do enrollments, and closing new groups.
Pros
I don't sit in front of a computer all day, I travel a lot, I learn new things daily about my job, I am a great people person and remember the littlest of details
Cons
Hard to schedule real life appointments because I am with one of my associates daily, Compensation is strictly commission based.
Great Work Place
Claims Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA 31907November 5, 2017
You work Monday through Friday off on holidays, The company is a family friendly environment. The hardest part is getting through training because you don't get the help you ask for nor need.
Good opportunity for those who enjoy being their own boss.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VANovember 3, 2017
I worked for Aflac during the recession and found it challenging for that reason, but the company provides excellent training and support. Your pay is in direct proportion to how much you are willing to put into it, and the freedom of being an independent contractor is worth the risk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.