Aflac
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Aflac:

Aflac Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA41 reviews
Working at HQ isn't too bad. It is like every other place. It is what you put into it. There are some great leaders, and there are some that are lacking.
All commission and not the best training. As and intern I felt like they brought us in just to get sales from our warm leads. There were twice as many interns as there were agents.
It is fully commissioned based when you first start. The more business you write the more you build your monthly residual income. You must put in the work to do good
If you are good at selling this should be easy for you. Try to learn quickly on your own. Closing accounts by yourself will give you the best pay. Good luck.
AFLAC is a great place to start your career but most people do not make it a whole year. It is very tough to make it, but work-life balance is great. They promote from within and based on your numbers so it is a fair culture. Would work there again if they had benefits.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
In order to make a livable wage in this company you must make around 200 cold calls a day (roughly 1,000 a week). They did not tell me this beforehand and implied I would be receiving "warm leads" which was 100% not true. There is no base salary and no benefits, and enrolling yourself in Aflac benefits is actually more expensive than what your clients pay. The best part of the job is that you can make your own schedule and do the work wherever you want, and I found the people who worked at the office were very kind and helpful.
Pros
flexible work schedule, pleasant office atmosphere
Cons
making hundreds of cold calls a day, 100% commission with no benefits
The company and the atmosphere was pleasant. Since the position was in sales, there was quite a bit of cold-calling which was my least favorite activity and the uncertainty of being commission-based was a problem with my current situation.
As a regional administrator, you work directly for the regional manager. It's essentially an assistant position so take that for what it is. As a representative for Aflac it is 100% sales and commission. I would not recommend it if you need money right away or if you don't have a book of clients built up. It costs money to get a license and it takes time to build a clientele. You will be doing lots of cold calling and grinding to get appointments.
If you stay focused and make calls, you can make some good money. However, if you put no time in, you wont make any money.aa
...................................................................
Your co-workers are there to help you and drive you to succeed. I was able to gain valuable experience every day from the job requirements and would recommend this position to anyone.
Pros
flexible schedule, work control, amazing enviroment
Cons
no base salary
A typical day at work involved self marketing, closing meetings, enrollments, and strategic planning. I learned to be self sufficient by having to complete all of my own tasks and being responsible for my own business. Management was very weak and did not try to properly train employees, which created a high turnover. The workplace culture was a very much "What have you done for me lately" culture. I was able to learn how to recruit credible employees by using a different structure then what was being trained at the time. The hardest part of my job was penetrating a saturated market. As healthcare has become more expensive, clients do not want to purchase alternative benefits. I enjoyed being able to learn how to operate a difficult field.
Pros
many awards given out, good work experience, created great business relationships.
Cons
compensation was too low, no paid time off, saturated market conditions.
good place to work if you are a starting a new career. I would not work at AFLAC if I was 10 years into the workforce. The work culture was inviting and I enjoyed the environment.
Lots of cold calling so if you are into that then this is a good job for you. Pay is off of commission, so there were days I worked 8 hours and never made money.
I was thrown to the wolves, and had very littler training. Self taught most of it, and had no room for advancement due to manager. If I had better management it would have been a more positive experience
im glad i had the opportunity to participate in their human resources internship program. i learned a lot and met new people and learned kay hr responsibilities
was not the internship i was expecting. thought i would be shadowing underwriting or auditing, was actually out pedaling sales in the streets. would not recommend.
Aflac is an amazing company with wonderful products. However, if you are not good at sales and closing deals, you will not make a dollar. Working at Aflac was fun, but I wasn't good at it.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Commission only
A typical day starts with looking at career/job websites trying to find applicants that are suited for working for insurance companies like AFLAC - you then contact them either via phone or by e-mail with a standard letterhead. The more interviews you can secure as a human resource intern you are paid a salary. I learned as a human resource intern what goes into deciding who would be a good candidate for insurance sales, I was allowed the freedom to create a new template for job hiring inquiry. I did have an excellent manager who did take a chance on hiring me as an intern and I did have flexible hours in so far as I could call as many people as I wanted and stay as long as I wanted since I was an intern. The hardest part of the job was trying to secure potential interview candidates because getting paid depended on it. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the different job experience other than working sales
Pros
Having internship experience
Cons
Not getting paid if you could not secure an interview
I did not like it at all. You cant get paid unless you get your certification. If you are a college student like me focusing on college courses do not work here. Plus a str8 sales job. No sales no money.
I learned to go and get what I want and not show any ounce of fear. I showed no fear towards different CEOs of different businesses, that's the mindset Aflac instilled in me and I thank them a lot for that.
While I enjoyed my time with Aflac I found the commission based sales structure a bit overwhelming. Aflac offers amazing products and wonderful compensation and for sales it's tough to match the quality of what Aflac stands for.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aflac.