Aflac

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction

Productive workplace with room for advancement

I learned a lot over the 10 months that I have been the company. They allowed me to use my computer skills, such as: Word and Excel. My boss let me organize our office; for example our filing system and offices.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Not much time for breaks

Great Company Very dependable

Work is rewarding, trustworthy company. Management is helpful especially in the first year which is the hardest. Multiple ways to earn your income and not HAVE to work 9-5 every day.

Customer Service

If you have great customer service skills, you will do well here. You must be eager to learn and willing to work with claimants and Aflac Headquarters. The employees are very flexible and will accommodate you if needed.

Needs work

Aflac needs to implement a structure in agents offices. The district is unorganized and regional is busy selling. There is little help for new agents.

Aflac insurance

This company was one of the best companies that I've had the pleasure of working for. I prefer the office setting over any other field in the workforce. Very family-oriented feeling environment.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

100% Sales.

As a regional administrator, you work directly for the regional manager. It's essentially an assistant position so take that for what it is. As a representative for Aflac it is 100% sales and commission. I would not recommend it if you need money right away or if you don't have a book of clients built up. It costs money to get a license and it takes time to build a clientele. You will be doing lots of cold calling and grinding to get appointments.

It was a good learning experience

The time spent there was very educational. I worked with difficult people and some great people. There were no benefits and I felt I did not receive credit for my work.

Pros

pay

Cons

accomplishments

Regional office admin

I worked as a personal admin for a regional office. Very family friendly, wasn’t paid benefits because the managers pay their admins out of their own pockets. This job was my favorite I had ever had and it was sad to leave.

Pros

Work with friends

Cons

No benefits

Organized, good job environment

Good place to work, friendly people. Good job environment with very professional staff. Management is very helpful and organized. Good place to grow into an Aflac agent for sales position.

Great Company

Work with a great team and have learned much in the realm of sales, asset management, and recruiting. Aflac does much for their employees and field force by offering great incentives, renewals, stock options, and great products.

Not my cup of tea

The only positive I can give is that the manager is good to work around you or your families schedules. You are expected to learn most of the information on your own. Unless you actually sell the insurance you don't get paid very well but you do most of the work that involves fixing mistakes that the sellers under your DM make.

Awesome place to work and great people

I enjoyed working for this company immensely. I learned about supplemental insurance and the benefits of having them, how to speak to large groups of people. This is a very family oriented company. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to deliver a claim check to someone who was in desperate need of the money. This created a feeling of really making a difference in people's lives.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

As a salesperson you work on a 100% commission basis and this can be hard to get accustomed to.

Great place to work.

I enjoyed answering phone calls and helping all the customers with their needs. It was a great place to grow and level up in many aspects. Plus I met all kinds of people.

A Great place to be

Wonderful co-workers, flexable hours, an enjoyable place to work. I helped process claims for policy holders, while doing so I learned about the many different policies that Aflac has to offer. I enjoyed helping people file their claims and got to see how benefical the policies are for so many people.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

No benefits

great job looking for better benefits. Enpower employees great place to work enjoy all co workers management was great relaxing place.

Pros

allow free time to handle family

Cons

not a 1040 worker

Not too busy of a company

I enjoyed working for Aflac because I have a passion for Clerical duties, I wish the company was busy enough otherwise I would be employed through Aflac till this day.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Office too slow

The best place to work

Responsibilities included, overseeing 65+ employees, data entry, weekly reports, helping customers file claims, answer phones, inventory control, recruiting, interview scheduling, maintain over 1,700 accounts, and setting up regional (65+ in attendance) and state meetings (300+ in attendance).

Pros

The People

Cons

Some days were slower than others

gratifying position helping clients with claims filing process

Was a gratifying job assisting clients with the claims process Setting interviews an assisting new sales associates get started in the business was challenging.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

no benifits

Agent & Administrator

As an agent, you will spend most of your time looking for leads, knocking on doors and seeking new business relationships. It is a very difficult position to do if you do not have a lot of business contacts. The administrative side was very rewarding because I wad the pleasure of informing claimants how much CASH they will be getting when they need it the most!

Pros

Fun group of people.

Cons

Comission based pay ONLY!

productive and fun enviorment

i learn something new everyday and it enhances my skills. I am very new to the company, but i enjoy the agents as well as the district coordinator. communication is heavy and staedy.

Pros

learning ecperience

Cons

not enough hours

part time only

very enjoyable part time hours friendly regional sales coordinator

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aflac.
Powered byComparably

Compare Aflac with

Career recommendations for Administrator

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Aflac