Aflac

United States208 reviews

Found 208 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,802 reviews
saleagentcommissiontrainbosbenefitsaturatebase

Working from home

Great opportunity for those who have a nice nest egg of money saved before they get started, or having a spouse who can handle bills. Unfortunately that is not me.

Highly Stressful, Low Pay- Not Recommended

As a mid-top tier successful high-performing agent generating a lot of new business revenue, expect to make hundreds of phone calls every week, and drive around the city spending 4-8 hours a day trying to solicit new business. It is 100% commission based and it's not as glamorous as they claim it to be. Everyone gets a piece of your cake, aka new business. Management told me I would never make over a certain dollar amount if I leave which was completely false. If you're willing to take a risk and put in the extra work, go for it. If not, I do not recommend it. Also, you might receive a letter 2-3 years after leaving claiming you 'owe money somehow. The best part of the job was leaving!

Aflac insights

Based on 1,173 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

AFLAC is a home based supplemental insurance company. You are in charge of your schedule

Typically will all insurance platforms you beat the bushes to create your client base. The work at first is grueling, but over time and a tremendous investment of your own time, you can earn an income. The hours can be long, depending on your attention to detail and record-keeping, but without good record keeping your clients can be easily drawn away by your competitors. My average workday was 10-11 hours between face to face with clients/potential clients and after hours in my office

Pros

Home Based business with all the perks

Cons

You build your own client base, recruit your own accounts.

very flexible schedule

flexible schedule but tough to get started i would suggest having 6 months worth of savings. Perfect for someone who just graduated highschool and lives with their parents.

Production is all on you

If you want to get into insurance this is the way to get ur foot in the door wish I could have been more productive. You should have a lil money for bills cause there is no compensation for training and your first commission could be a while off. Other than that great people and lots of fun

Pros

Uu

Lots of Cold Calling and All commission pay

You pretty much make around 100 calls per day to various business owners in a particular area and try to schedule appoinments for Aflac presentations with the hope that they will be interested in Aflac's products.

Pros

Hands on experience talking directly to owners

Cons

100% Commission, No Benefits and hours on the phone

Great team environment

There is a great work and team environment at Aflac. If you are going to succeed you have to be ok with talking to a lot of people and good at connecting with them on a daily basis. Super fulfilling and impactful when you get to help people find plans that meet their needs and a great way to give back but you must know you have to work and treat this like a full time job to receive full time income and flexibility and freedom from the role.

Pros

Training and fun team events

Cons

Have to be ok being uncomfortable

A good company, if you’re prepared to work on commission only

Commission only was too tough for me. I wasn’t ready for that. Management and growth potential were both good, I just wasn’t able to generate enough income

Pros

Good earning potential

Cons

No benefits or base salary

Beware them selling themselves to you

Highest management levels operate in their own little bubble feeding off success of those beneath while operating completely separate. Entirely feeds a top down relationship with no influence given to those at lower levels. Very much a place that promotes quantity over quality in hires at lower levels as they let people try and fend for themselves while still telling them what they want to hear instead of truly training and investing in them. Incredibly individualized company instead of community and culture oriented.

Commission only and sell to your friends and family

This is a strictly commission only job. They do not pay benefits consultants a salary. They expect you to sell insurance to your family and friends. Only an extremely tiny percentage of people will make any money doing this and there are no benefits for employees. For the most part, the managers are making money off passive income from existing accounts set up by people who no longer work there. I would advise anyone serious to get a real job and avoid aflac.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Lack of salary or benefits

Great company but has its drawbacks

Great company to work for and I enjoyed the supportive team I was a part of. However, it definitely had its drawbacks. You are a 1099 employee that works 100% based on commissions. If you are able to overcome the objections of the business's strong dislike of Aflac or that they are already providing major medical then you can do well. There is uncapped earning potential but it is very difficult to get to a point where you can reach financial stability. Highly do not recommend it as a job fresh out of college.

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, Aflac stock, work for a Fortune 500 company, set your own hours

Cons

No salary or hourly wage, work solely on commissions, a number of businesses are anti-Aflac work long hours for even chance of success

Not for stable income

It's ok to work there if you have plenty of money saved up. Not for people who need a stable paycheck. The job was pretty laid back because they gave no hour rate. You only make money after making a sale which could take weeks or never. People can do very well but most people don't make enough money to support their family. Also you need to pay for an insurance class and license which is about 300 dollars or more.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Not stable, no hourly wage

Great Long Term Career

Working with Aflac can be a wonderful career that is very rewarding. The position is commission based which sounds scary, but has no cap so you are able to be paid what you are worth. The residual income that comes after a couple years of hard work is what really attracted me to work with Aflac. Also there are lots of contests and trips you can win if you are successful. I love the freedom and flexibility that I have while still making a great income. When you first start you will have a manager to assist you and push you to set up meetings with businesses to provide coverage to their employees. You also get to assist your policyholders with claims and make a difference in peoples lives.

Pros

Residual Income, Provide Value to Clients, Trips, Flexible Schedule

Cons

Need to put in hard work to get started.

Great opportunity

Great training and good culture. Disappointed in field force support from HQ. Terrific flexibility with schedule. Fun and creative culture with teams. Good district, region and market support.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Poor support from HQ

Ups and Downs every month.

A typical day is very long, and you must put in more than you are going to get at first. You will get up early, go door to door to businesses, cold call, etc... You will spend more money than what you will make in your first year; get a second job to support you. Salary is NEVERRRR guaranteed don’t let them fool you in your interview, you can have a really good month then go months without making a dime because deals and promises fall apart. You get upfront commission when signing up an account, but they can cancel right after then you will be stuck with chargebacks. The rest of your commission will be taken until your account balance evens out. If they don’t pay their first bill? You get screwed- Ask about this process in your interview. Bonuses are nice, but only if you sell enough Aflac to qualify and if you don’t you miss the bonus $. I will say you will be able to meet some great people within your community but will have the door shut in your face. Have a tough mental state for this career path. Covid has made going door to door very difficult. Always be open to learning. It helps to have a great manager leading and guiding you through your first year. Beware of shady people in this business!!! Please keep up with Insurance Laws and Regulations, this is not a joke. You are having people trust you with what you are selling, so do it honestly. Don't take shortcuts because you will be caught. Also, no benefits or 401k is available, so if you get sick or hurt, you’re SOL bud.

Pros

Get to see community, can meet some nice people, bonuses.

Cons

No financial security, shady management, long days.

Can be lucrative but it is tough just starting out

Basically you make cold calls all day and try to set appointments. Commission only which can be either a good or a bad thing. Make sure you have some savings just incase things do not go as planned

Pros

Commision

Cons

Commission

AFLAC -independent Benefits Rep

Overall a good company and long-term income can be achieved. Ideal for someone who wants their own business in the insurance benefits space but has a an outstanding company supporting them. 100% commission position with pay earned quickly after enrollment. Long-term residuals can be lucrative. After training, you're on your own, so it will be advantageous to have a solid lead/contact list ready to go. Expect several months of little to no income unless you close accounts immediately. National advertising leads are disbursed at the discretion of the District and Branch Managers.

Pros

Income incentive, pride of providing protection to those in need.

Cons

100% commission, no benefit packages

I joined at the wrong time

The people who trained me and who I worked with were absolutely amazing and did an even better job of providing me the resources to become successful. Unfortunately, I joined the team during the peak of COVID-19 and this resulted in fruitless efforts to make sales and I was forced to resign because of insufficient income.

Pros

Work on your own time

Cons

Made no income

Flexible schedule

It’s nice having a flexible work schedule to do other things and focus on family. It’s nice having the choice to stay safer at home. It was nice being able to work and stay caught up on chores so the flexibility was nice.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

No pay unless you make sales, Limited training when running appointments. Lots of promises that weren’t kept.

Take a pass.

Very nice people. Worst pay i have ever seen. Not a great place to work for. They want you to be successful, the cooperate side makes it tough. I would pass if I were you.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Pay/ Compsation

I drank the kool-aid, and really wished someone had stopped me sooner

I was attracted by the idea that I would be making my own schedule, and would be my own boss. What I didn't know was that when they said they would train the new agents, they meant tell them the basics and then tell them to strike it out on their own. They are very much a clique-like group, if you don't fit in you might as well give up. You work yourself half to death and don't make money, you have to go door to door and hope you don't get cussed out, and you have to hope your supervisors actually want you to succeed. Worst job I have ever had.

Pros

make your own schedule

Cons

commission pay only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.9Fairygodboss Score

79%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

79%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss