Aflac

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction

Great place to work, and build a career. There are a lot of opportunity for progressing here. The pay is great on top of bonus and incentives. *******

Pros

Incentive for overtime

Cons

Great company to work for

It is a great company but there was a lot of pressure for production numbers and quality. There needs to be a balance between. Equipment upgrades are needed. Department had overtime and it turned into mandatory. It leads to a lot of work burnout and low morale at work. Still love the company events every year and bonus.

Pros

profit bonus free policy department events happy policyholders

Cons

mandatory overtime production and quality standards

No longer the Aflac people has grown to love.

With management changes comes a lack of understanding. Company used to be family oriented, now it is all about the dollar. I’m thankful to have met some great people there, but management sucks and they are quick to throw away great employees to save face.

Great environment

Aflac is a great company to work for. It is truly like a big family. Everyone is professional and helpful. Things can get hectic at time which is given with any company but you can always reach out to someone for help.

Pros

So many

Cons

Sometimes you may feel like your opinion isn’t heard

Claims specialist 1

I have worked for AFLAC for 10 years now. I have been in the claims dept for a year now and it is the most stressful job i have ever had. unrealistic production goals, appraisals, and quality. Management does not listen to our concerns at all.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

High class place to work.

I was poorly trained and all my equipment didnt function i went on the best i could with one monitor for 12 week and they laid ne off the week of graduation and said that my performance was the reason. I tried the best i could with what i was given and was the only one let go out of my training.

Pros

They have great benefits

Cons

Management is just that, and dont care to consider anything they just het rid of you.

Stressful... no job security

The job as a Claims Specialist is extremely stressful. They expect us to do 65 claims a day which makes it to be 1 claim every 6 minutes. The claims also have to be PERFECT. NO mistakes at all. The PIC team however has 3 hours to rip your claim apart to find a mistake. Then they get you for errors. The best part of the job is PTO, lunches, and your 2 15 minute breaks, and getting off of work. While other companies got rid of production goals due to the pandemic Aflac raised their production goals. The job makes me wake up every single morning and dread going in. They never say what a good job your doing but are constantly nagging you about mistakes that you make. My boss doesn't understand that we are humans and are not a robot.

Pros

Getting off of work, good benefits, Pto

Cons

Too high of production goals, micromanagement

If you’re a robot, this is the perfect job!

The most stressful job I’ve ever had. We are held to unrealistic standards and it’s too much! You have to make 100% in production every week or they write you up. Having to do 65+ claims a day with no mistakes is impossible. Most supervisors have never processed a claim themselves but are the first ones to ask your barriers if you don’t make production. Most people don’t even take a break or lunch because they won’t meet production if they do. You’re hassled with emails all day about nothing. But make sure you respond or they’ll IM next. The only good thing about the job is the benefits and PTO, which you’ll probably use to go get blood pressure medication because the job will stress you out that bad!

Pros

Benefits and PTO

Cons

Unrealistic production, nagging management, favoritism

This company has changed, for the worse

I have been working here for a while and things have shifted for the worse! Since Sept. 2019, there's been nothing but system issues and employees are being reprimanded for it. Your appraisals should be based off your performance (quality and production), however, you will get dinged for not joining different clubs/activities that aren't company required which can affect your scores. Example: they want you to send emails to the team when it's their birthday. You won't get wrote up if you don't participate but when you get your appraisals, it will be mentioned that you didn't participate so that could've changed your score from a 3 to a 4. Tell me, wtf does this have to do with my job performance!! We are expected to be medical professionals when reviewing claims but yet we're paid like a first year cashier for a fast food restaurant! Lastly, this company states "you can move up by networking", that's bull! You have to have friends in upper management and willing to kiss a lot of tail to move up. Your work can be itty, but if your proficient in tail kissing, you will have a promising career here.

Pros

getting paid 15th and 30th each month

Cons

management, pay

cons can sometimes outweigh pros in call center.

very through training. awesome empoyee appreciation week and yearly bonus. the stress for time off is awful for any type of production jobs/call center.

Pros

Training, employee appreciation week, yearly bonus

Cons

no job security in call center

Diversity and Community of Respect

Overall great insurance company with a diversified workforce from the boardroom to the field force. The company provides state of the art learning seminars and secondary learning opportunities through tuition reimbursement programs.

Sink or Swim

Working here has been enjoyable. Lots of changes. Career progression most times it what you make of it. Sometimes positions are posted just out of formality. The fix can already be in.

N/a

I love Aflac. It hurt me to leave, because they really know how to take care of their people. Customers, Clients, Employees... I really miss my Aflac family.

Great Benefits

Aflac was a great place to work. The benefits are amazing. The hourly rate was not enough for cost of living. Management is superb. Work environment is like that of a family.

Great place to work!

Best job ever! I worked as a claims specialist and it was a great experience. We always had activities going on, weekends off, paid holidays. It was an overall great place to work.

Pros

Weekends and holidays off

Flexible with Schedule

Job was rewarding as it allowed me to help others in their time of need. My passion has always been helping people. I encountered a lot of friends through out my career and that in itself was a reward.

Pros

Helped others in their time of need

Cons

Not enough paid time off

Great Work Place

You work Monday through Friday off on holidays, The company is a family friendly environment. The hardest part is getting through training because you don't get the help you ask for nor need.

n/a

Love working for Aflac! I process accident claims. The management staff goes above and beyond to help if needed. The entire company is exceptional. Go Aflac!

Aflac

Aflac is a great place to work. It is very laid back and family oriented. If you like dealing with insurance claims this would be a great place to work.

okay

Aflac offers a seemingly great job opportunity if you can handle the high demands for quantity over quality in your performance and customer production.

Great work Atomsphere

Everyone should try getting a job here this has been my best job thus far. I wouldn't trade this job for nothing in the world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aflac.
Powered byComparably

Compare Aflac with

Career recommendations for Claims Specialist

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Aflac