Aflac Employee Reviews

Found 2,345 reviews matching the search See all 2,350 reviews
Productive place to work with great benefits
Information Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 8, 2018
My time at Aflac was very productive. We were given our tasks and goals and were given free reign to collaborate with other teams and come up with a solution, present to management and roll out those solutions to the Aflac enterprise.

The benefits look to be the best in Columbus and I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great benefits and 401k matching, company appreciated employees
Cons
Direct supervisor often made assumptions without consulting employees for clarification.
travel intensive, too many cold calls
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 7, 2018
must make 20-50 cold calls at businesses per day, if you don't sell your quota, you don't make any money. If a client cancels a policy or is late to pay, it comes out of your paycheck.
Pros
great potential if you want to be 200% dedicated to your job
Cons
cold calling is MISERABLE, training is subpar
Love this place!
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 5, 2018
The regional in Glendora is very helpful and does not mistreat those new to the field. He is always ready and willing to help. He was one of the reasons I was interested in a career with Aflac.
You must be motivated
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2018
I arrived everyday by 7:30am. I learned that I need to be motivated. Every manager offered something. If you have the work ethic you can be successful.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
You are placed on a team without meeting the manager.
Prime America is Selling Life insurance to People who feel strongly about how important it is to have Life Insurance
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 5, 2018
Aflac was a productive environment. I was just not wanting to sell secondary insurance. With Prime America I am more comfortable selling life insurance. Something I feel very strong about so a family can continue to cover their bills incase some kind of bad accidents happens to the main provider of the family.
stressful
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2018
Must be happy with total commission and ready for cold calling. It is a dog eat dog business and not my cup of tea. Can be very financially rewarding
Pros
total commission
Cons
no real benefits
Aflac is about Aflac
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 4, 2018
Aflac is about Aflac and not it's people. They offer no benefits for the outside sales team and hire people to complete contests. They do not train properly and are all about the top earners until they use them up.
Amazing Company
Recognized as top sales person (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 4, 2018
Great company. Looking for a stable income. Love the support and recognition offered by Aflac. Great mentorship program, great leadership, excellent on the job training.
Commissioned Only = MANY MANY Hours with Little Payout
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2018
While some throuroughly strive in this type of setting, don't let them fool you! They work 80 hours a week (including weekends) to build up their "book of business" all for very little pay! You need to Hustle Hustle Hustle in this business if you want to be able to eat! While the rewards seem great (trips, $$$, Prizes), you have to hit some seriously strenuous goals. Be wary of the "Benefit Consultant" title they claim to use... you are merely a low on the totem pole sales person! And depending on how often you need to eat is how greasy you're going to get!
Very collaborative workplace
Senior Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 4, 2018
Days consisted of project meaning to outline details and scope of project. I learned about how to implement intergration systems from the beginning. The management was extremely flexible and relaxed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Competitive and entrepreneurial workplace
Sales Associate and HR Intern (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 2, 2018
My time in Sales in Aflac was characterized by strong pressures to contact as many businesses as possible. Individual performances were evaluated weekly within a group context, and compensation was commission-only. That being said, the experience pushed me to step further out of my comfort zone by allowing me to interact with a wide variety of individuals in an attempt to sell them insurance.
Structure is key
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 1, 2018
If you are under the right management there is lots of room for you to have a flourishing career potential. Structure and organization is key without this there is no hope.
Pros
Great bonus structures
Cons
Too little training and cultivating resources
you are your own boss
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 1, 2018
As a benefits specialist, you are your own boss and get what you put into it. You work on getting clients through leads, referrals and through networking.
Pros
you make your own hours
Cons
if you are not driven, you will not succeed
I wasn't there very long don't feel comfortable leaving a review
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2018
I wasn't there very long don't feel comfortable leaving a review. I was only with Aflac for a few months, and honestly I am a terrible salesman. I hated the job but I was the wrong fit for it.
Fun work place
Aflac District Admin (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 30, 2018
I loved working for Aflac although it is commission only and I am looking for a steady pay as I am a college student. I would totally recommend to anyone who is an outgoing person!
Competitive and a self paced job
Insurance Sales representative Intern (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 30, 2018
A typical work day would involve making called to business owners and or CEO's of a company. Next, you would go on runs to different business and asking to speak to the owners to see if we could set up an appointment to present our benefit packages to them.
Pros
Extremely Relaxed, Self-paced, Paid as you go
Cons
Long drives sometime, rude customers
Its okay
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 30, 2018
You have to drive around to get people to purchase insurance. We have a pretty good team, we have fun when we do work together. It is commission only so if you don't have sell, you don't get paid.
Fun yet fast paced call center
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 28, 2018
Working for Aflac in the call center was actually one of the best jobs that I have ever had. Aflac is an awesome company with awesome benefits such as medical, life, dental, and cancer policies for employees. They offer the best starting pay rate of most of the companies in Columbus, Georgia! Unless you are living way above your means you can definitely live comfortably. There was always music of different genre's playing at just the right level to keep the mood right. The most enjoyable part of teh job is getting to encourage those policyholders who are going through a rough time and to try and reassure them that things will get better. The hardest part of the job is doing all that you can in your power to assit a person and they curse you out and call you all types of names and are just rude and disrespectful to you. That can be challenging at times to deal with on a daily basis. Overall awesome place of business!
Pros
Gifts and pries give away often, awesome music paying while working, awesome benefits.
Cons
You can never find a supervisor when needed.
Benefits consultatnt
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Marquette, MIMay 28, 2018
100% commission position so it is extremely time consuming and expensive to get started.

I drained my bank account trying to get started as an associate.
competitive with the demand to make high returns
sale representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2018
while working at aflac i was giving the autonomy to work alone out in the field. there where meetings to discuss tools we could implement in the field
Pros
little oversight
Cons
demand to meet deadlines and make sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

83out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aflac.

Powered by Comparably