AIG Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,018 reviews matching the search See all 2,638 reviews
SENIOR NCC TECHNICAL ANALYST (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 17, 2018
Overall was a good job with great benefits, upper management did lack with getting new employees up to speed in new positions. Limited on training or new hires.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Culture and training
Poor management
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 17, 2018
Very poor management carrot and stick approach to managing advisors, poor compensation. Lack of opportunities for advancement. The district manager needs to retire and let someone who really knows how to grow a team take over. Bad job choice.
Pros
Setting own schedule
Cons
Everything else
First career based job - actuarial analyst
Actuarial Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2018
AIG has great benefits. Our team is allowed to work from home 3 days a week. We are provided the office equipment to do our job at home as well. There is many opportunities to move around the company but you have to do a lot of work to get that info. With our new CEO our company has been doing Christmas parties, company picnics and pizza party’s.
Pros
Benefits, 401k is 6% match plus an extra 3% for just working there, Working from home is great, And the 24 PTO days is great.
Cons
Constant manager/employee turn over, New consultants being hired and the team doesn’t have any input on who’s hired.
Very family oriented environment
Analyst Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2018
All I can say is I loved my job! I would thank them for all the opportunities I was given while getting promoted through out my time at AIG. Allowing me to be a part of the companies growing and a piece of my mind to have helped achieve this.
Consistent layoffs.
Case Coordinator II/ Quality analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2018
low morale and chance for advancement
if advancement does surface it's not what you know but who you know.
the hardest part of the job is the older systems they use to process modern day work
good place
Aws DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work at BNYMellon. I am very lucky to get selected in the interview and get a great platform to work . My team was very supportive and helpful.
Good solid job, relaxed atmosphere
Utilization Review Referral Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 10, 2018
I like my shift because I got a later start. The environment was relaxed, quiet, and you don't punch a time clock. The work is sometimes demanding but given plenty of resources and easy to self-manage; Not much opportunity for advancement in my area. The paid days off were good (start with 2/month 24/year) but the health benefits aren't spectacular which I'd expect better in the insurance industry.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Calm Environment, Self-managed Work
Cons
Opportunity for advancement, Health Benefits
Good Company for Starting Graduate
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 8, 2018
I liked working at AIG. I think it was a good starting job after finishing college. Working with Various individuals from different teams also helped me in my career
Pros
Very Structured
Cons
A little boring
Lack of communication and direction
SR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2018
This is not a place for the week of heart. there is a lack of meaningful communication from upper management to the workers. You get communication with no substance.
Pros
Meet great people and acquire experience
Cons
Poor management and frequent turnover with re-organizations every 6-12 months
Too much political nonsense - Nothing gets done !!
CTO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
Unfortunately the culture at AIG has become very political. The move away from Centralized IT Enterprise Services to Decentralized Business Unit IT Services is promoting this behavior.
Customer Service / Inside Sales
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2018
While working at AIG, I was able to hone in on my customer service skill set while adapting a consultative approach to education customers in a friendly professional way
Pros
sales opportunities were abundant
Its a great place to start
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
great way to start your career in the corporate space but there is minimal advancement opportunity. there are plenty of ways to learn and expand your knowledge base in order to move forward in your career.
Overall
Underwriting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 6, 2018
Remote worker. Opportunities to telecommute. Great management. Enjoy opportunities to collab with colleagues on more challenging work... With automated underwriting and straight through processing (STP), future is uncertain.
Typical Call Center
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 6, 2018
I did enjoy my time here. I would gladly return to this company if the opportunity arose, however I am not in the area any longer. For a call center, they did take care of their temp workers, however they would not hire anyone on, which made many of us choose to leave after our time instead of re-up another 3 months.
N/a
Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 6, 2018
My work experience at AIG, to date, was my worst working experience ever. I gave up stable income to relocate to, and promised to be trained thoroughly because I was newly licensed and new to the industry. In addition, the office closed four months after I was hired.
Shadow of its former self
General Insurance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Terrible culture, totally disorganized, zero leadership. Everyone worried they'll be let go at any time. Any worthwhile leader is quickly weeded out by the bad apples. Most of the good talent was let go after 2008 meltdown.
Pros
Pretty good benefits and PTO
Cons
More focused on image than substance
Great company
Regional Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  KualaAugust 6, 2018
Great company to work for. Great culture and values. Management is very supportive and provides opportunitiesto grow and advance in career. Driven to help customers manage their risksz
Pros
Stable
Cons
Too big, need tobe nimble and fast
Committed employees in a tough environment
Program Manager - Transformation (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJAugust 5, 2018
Updating insurance systems and processes is costly, time consuming. There is no great time. Embarking on such an endeavor challenges teams, intellect, culture. Biggest challenge with all transformation is quickly training/educating the associates who are seeped in the prior processes as well as respecting their views. The associates commitment to bringing the new in was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive place to work
Workers Comp Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2018
Consistent work flow everyday, great place to work. Learn more each day as the day progresses. Lots of things to learn with compliance issues, review your production accurately.
Great flexibility and freedom
Wintel/ Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
Was a great place to work but little opportunity to go permanent. Our group was fun to work with however there was little communication between members.
Pros
Some WFA
Cons
After hrs work was regular.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight