AIG Employee Reviews

Found 2,291 reviews matching the search See all 2,972 reviews
Depending on the area was a nice place to work
Customer Welcome Pilot Group (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 19, 2019
I enjoyed my time at AIG. The management was always helpful and knowledgeable. We had great teams in our departments and it was fun to come to work each day.
Do your work
Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 18, 2019
I’ve been with AIG for just under 2 years. The department has a great culture and only has a few obnoxious/annoying people. However, there are a lot of people who think the management team sets unreasonable expectations but those are the people who are consistently ranked in the bottom of performance. Do your job and management will leave you alone. I’ve been promoted a couple of times already and have been able to accomplish and grow so much professionally.
Pros
A lot of recognition if you do your job well
AIG was a great company
Manager- Guided Portfolio Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I grew at AIG. I had the opportunity to move into management while there. It was a growth experience where I was able to expand my reach, experience and exposure.
Very stressfull.
Claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJanuary 15, 2019
Job was just starting in warranty. Low knowledge of job information from bosses. Kinda learned as I went with no guidance from management. Went to management with a problem and the problem became worse than it was. No communication.
Producation and quiet
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2019
I love AIG. This is a huge company and been around for years. They have amazing benefits and take good care of their employees. Bonus are not promises but most likely rewarded to department who complete their yearly self-evaluations and team goals evaluation.
Pros
Discount on lunch with number of purchases
Cons
easily write ups, quiet, not that friendly in IT, no formal training
insurance
Executive Assistant to District Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2019
I put my review for AIG on Superior by accident. So I will be repeating myself. Overall not a bad company to work for. The buy-out impacted the company greatly.
Morale is very low, too many lay offs, company mission/objectives unclear
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2019
Company needs significant improvement. Constant change of leadership has hindered the mission of the company. Too many layoffs. Employees very concerned about future of company and lack of upward mobility, opportunities for growth.
Energetic and Productive work environment
Resource Pool Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 15, 2019
AIG provided a comfortable working environment with great benefits for their employees. Management always welcomed open conversations about any concerns their staff had.
Aig
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2019
AIG, Inc. is a typical fast paced corporate environment. A very large international company with room for advancement. Overall, I enjoyed working for AIG, Inc.
Decent Company to work for
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 14, 2019
Decent Company to work for, good work life balance. Management needs work, often not focused on employees. Benefits are top of the line. Ability to travel
Great Place to work
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 14, 2019
very nice place to work, challenging tasks
easy going and always changing
leanred valuable skills and team work
will recommend to anyone looking for a nice place to work
Productive and Fun Place to work.
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2019
From data entry, to suspense item research, to processing payments, to communication with AIG agents and group clients payroll departments. Never a dull moment in this busy paper job.

Balance and processed lockboxes from JPMorgan Receivable Edge application. Moved monies around to other departments as needed and return monies to clients that didn't belong to us or that wasn't in compliance of SEC rules.

I learned so much from my manager and she was the hardest part of my job. Which turned out to be the most rewarding part of the job.
Pros
Co-workers became like family.
Cons
Our jobs went to Amarillo.
Good
Guidewire Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2019
have been working with Sample Supports for over 2 years now and have moved up from direct care staff to now management. The pay is extremely competitive and the benefits are great. I'm so glad I get to work on a team that collaborates and are passionate about the company values
Great Job Opportunity
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 11, 2019
This job gives you an opportunity to learn sales skills with your own creativity. The management is very encouraging throughout the entire work day and is always willing to provide help when needed. They give you an opportunity to reach bonuses daily and weekly to push your own personal growth within the company. We always have a lot of fun there and share jokes with each other. We were always rewarded for our hard work and the company always showed extreme gratitude for each individual employee.
Pros
Lots of money
Cons
Mentally draining
Fun People but no job security
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2019
AIG is going through some significant changes, as in they are laying many people off. If you can get a job there (and keep it), there is a great work-life balance and good compensation. The people are super nice and collaborative.
Pros
Good cafeteria, game room
Cons
Slow days
New Policy Processor
New Business Processor (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 9, 2019
A workday is one in which you do not talk to or interact with other employees. Stressful with less than 5% allowed for errors. Would not recommend.
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Very long hours. Very poor systems. Poor direction from management. Poor collaboration among workers. Lots of relatives work throughout the company - political more than skill based decisions. 10 years never got a raise. Management seems very well aware of all the issues but indifferent to making any changes.
Great Environment with Great People!
Regional Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2019
AIG has a great company culture and morale that they pride themselves in! Great opportunity for anyone looking to advance within the financial/insurance industry!
Horrible company
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 7, 2019
One of, if not the biggest insurance companies in the world, and thet start you at $12 an hour. Benefits are amazing, but you have to work overtime just to offset the deductions from your check. Management is horrible, no communication between departments, no communication between supervisors and their employees. They preach about focusing on customer service, but that is a lie. It's all about hitting your points on the qa sheet. I know workers who are 100% in quality, but sound so monotone or are rude, but they hit the qa marks, so it's a good call. That's not customer service. They will tell you one thing and stab you in the back if you aren't one of their drones. If you want a highly stressful, low paying, frustrating job where you get yelled at by customers and management on a daily basis, this is the job for you
Pros
Benefits, they buy lunch IF you work overtime
Cons
Pay, pay, lunches are usually cheap, fatty, fast food garbage, oh, and the pay
Great place to work.
Group Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 6, 2019
AIG is a great place to work, learn, and grow your skills. Friendly team based environments. Medium to fast paces work loads. Really good medical and retirement benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.

41K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight