AIG Employee Reviews

Found 2,720 reviews matching the search
AIG is a great place but...
AIG is a great place to work if you're well establish in the higher levels or the opposite just starting. If higher up with greater years of experience the opportunity to take a leadership role and really drive the growth/maturity of the Cyber department is truly there. If just starting out in the field the opportunity to gain the experience needed for the next step is here at AIG as they grow and Mature in Cyber.

Caveat being if you're mid-level, its pretty dry... mostly consisting of hand off busy work and or if you do find or lead something its often broken up or re-delegated to others as it grows or just drops off the edge of the earth and dies. This leaves lacking opportunity to own something for its technical life span and show true strength and weakness in individual skill sets. There is also no line/scope for the Cyber department positions, Leadership will be working T1, SRs will be working T1, and even the flip side of T1 somehow leading T2/T3 development projects. This makes a clear path for advancement or ownership/belonging/scope of task very convoluted.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Department Structure/ Hierarchy
I was an intern
The reason the pay was so low was because I was an intern at the time> It was a great environment and really benefiting. It was challenging but working there was fun and easy.
Decent job
In the summer it's extremely hot. I learned how to use a tape measure appropriately. We would have meetings on Mondays to make sure everybody's on the same page. I worked with a small group we all got along best we could. It's not a bad place just easy to get cut or hurt.
Enjoyable Place to Work
I learned how to take charge and take responsibility for my work. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making sure everyone was safe.
hamster wheel
very competitive without the reward. quotas were constantly changed so that you could not hit bonuses. I had 5 managers and none of them cared about anything but month end production. one month you could be top salesman and the next you could be on the chopping block. top sales people were predetermined at the beginning of the year.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good
Good to work with Mphasis. No stress, competitive spirit, work life balance is good. Less salary hikea for freshers. Good and have scope to lear new technologiea
Always changing
Insurance companies changes ALL THE TIME... this we know but not like this.....
I was moved around all the time from one manager to another, none of which took stock in my learning my trade or learning more than what I already knew.

Just chaos at times poor management and very poor training. Actually nonexistent
I was given the opportunity to work on my own to accomplish goals set by company
I was given the freedom to exercise my ability to recruit and train new agents to accomplish goals set by the company. I was not micro managed and was given the support in materials, personnel and support of management to get the job done.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AIG?
Enjoyed working there
I would go back if there were a position I would want. Not always much job security but I enjoyed the work and coworkers. Once they find out you're a good worker, they keep adding more and more responsibilities but with no additional pay. But, I was able to work from home most of the time which I really liked!
Toxic work environment
Teams run in silos. Experience and success varies significantly based on the assigned silo. The majority of the senior management team is no longer there, so things may be different now.
Ok place to start career
I wouldn't recommend working at AIG. Insurance business is changing. More likely to streamline business units than to expand departments. Simi regular lay offs.
Very boring and unorganized
I worked here for two months. The first month you take a training to learn the computer system that's used. After that I held down an empty desk for 8 hours a day and did absolutely nothing. I was never assigned a department or a supervisor. I got tired of sitting around and being bored out of my mind.
Productive place to work
The ability for a work life balance is a huge perk. Career advancement with the right mentoring is available. You have to work hard to move ahead. Great benefits offered.
AIG Travel Guard
AIG Travel Guard is a good company to work for. They are very helpful and supportive in transitioning between departments. The Benefits that are available are unmatchable, incomparable to several other companies. Overall AIG is a very good place to work.
Self managed job with positive work environment
Working at AIG has helped my progression in not only typing, but knowledge in certain computer programs and software. As a quality analyst, I review hundreds of transactions on a daily basis dealing with clients retirement funds and life insurance policies. A transaction is processed, and it's my responsibility to make sure it is correct before the funds leave the company. The management team over my department is very laid back and easy to work with. When a problem arises, the management does their best to help fix it. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with individuals with a poor work ethic. My job weighs heavily on other people doing their job, so if that job isn't done properly then it makes my days longer as I have to wait on them to finish all work that comes in that day. The most enjoyable part of the day is certain co-workers that I have the pleasure of working with. AIG is a good company overall, but I am definitely ready for something new.
Much work for a little salary
Totally overloaded as whenever somebody left, they assigned his or her work to other underwriters. Usually they raised salary about $1000 per year! Bonuses were also minimal.
An ever changing environment and learning to adapt
I am thankful for the 18 plus years I had at American General/AIG. I am thankful for the opportunity I had to learn various products. I also was involved in their EAC and was able to help out in other TEAM projects as well. As our jobs were eliminated because of AIG selling off the Affinity and Small Group Employer business, there was no other place within the company. That would be the one downfault. Management was fair at times, but upper Management was always changing. You learned to adapt to their procedures.
Working for aig
I enjoyed and learned a lot of the years working for aig. It also felt like family and they were understanding if you had personal life to address when used properly. Very understanding. Wouldn’t change it for the world
Supportive Work Environment
Overall, I have worked with many supportive people at AIG. Everyone is encouraging and displays great work ethic. There are many experienced professionals who are always willing to help each other to get the work done.
Not a bad place to work but...
If you are just starting as a financial advisor, this is not the place for you. You need to have a lot of contacts and clients in your funnel on day one so you can ensure success. It is commission based, so get used to living off your savings.
Very relaxed environment to work in for IT professionals.
Great place to work. Good coworkers and some exciting projects. Good opportunities for continued learning and training. Spent over a 20 years tenure with the company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.
1K
1.2K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight