AIG Employee Reviews

Found 2,142 reviews matching the search See all 2,785 reviews
Flexible work schedule with partial telecommuting
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJOctober 19, 2018
Overall, leadership appear to want to improve employee moral, but don't appear to be certain how to do so...

Salary appear to lag behind industry demand, but annual assessment methods have improved greatly over the last 5 years...
Pros
Improved Employee annual performance assessments.
company
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2018
people are ok. advancement opportunities are limited to protected classes. severence is phenominal but it has to be because the announcement of your RiF (reduction in force) is non-professional
Management was ineffective
Head of Market Data Procurement (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
My management team, who was let go soon after I left, did not attend to employees needs or development requests. Hours worked to get the job done push 65-70 hours per week.
Cons
Long hours, very little support
workplace moral very low
Retirement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2018
great starter company , when the quest comes for more other options seem better . the moral in the office is very low its nt a welcoming enviroment which makes the work day longer and less enjoyable
Pros
great benefits and off weekends
Cons
short breaks, no set schedules
Good company
Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2018
Initially good company to work for however very poor communication and decision to relocate the local office was difficult and unnecessary, not explained well to the staff
Flexible work hrs
Sr. Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2018
OK place to work. No salary increase, hard to get promoted. You must move around to make more money. Flexible work hours. Great employees like family. Most work days are extremely busy. The job is not challenging.
Great Business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2018
While Working at Aig ,I learned and grown so much. the people I worked with are great, the company is awesome. I wish it want a temp job, I would work there again
Top heavy, reactive Management that hired many employees without having adequate means of keeping them busy.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 16, 2018
Top heavy, reactive, unintelligent, Management, that hired many employees without having adequate means of keeping them busy. Procedures try to remove all types of subjectivity , replacing it with check lists.
Good staff to work with.
Client Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 16, 2018
I had 2 supervisors which I only worked for. I did office work while they went to public schools and hospitals. I would schedule appointments, submit paperwork, etc.
Pros
Good staff members
Cons
Good place to work, unfortunately the company is relocating
Account Analyst/Operations Quoting (Current Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 15, 2018
Review new business quotes,
Quote assessment, get risk scores and and release new approved quotes to brokers or UW Team for farther assessment.

Review paper applications and built new quotes based on internal guidelines.
Pros
Great working enviroment - great benefis
Cons
Company is relocating out of CA tp IL and NJ
Aig
INFORMATION ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 15, 2018
Work is life with AIG. People don't work til it is almost time to get off so that they can get as much overtime as possible. If you do more work you still have to stay late. Not for people with families that want to be home with them.
Great for Agents
New Business (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
There are several positions within this company however I would only suggest if you are looking to work in marketing or sales. Benefits are great but the compensation, training and morale is lacking in this corporation.
Pros
Benefits are excellent
Cons
Growth opportunities with reasonable pay increase
Excellent Managers
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2018
AIG has provided me with the tools to advance my career. My direct supervisors are second to none and have supported me throughout my 10 years at the company.
Unproductive and very slow paced.
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2018
I had no idea what I was getting into. Very slow paced, unproductive and inactive in the Claims department(s). Extremely uninspiring as I hear managers talk about "time off" and "working from home" on a daily basis. No engagement in the work and un-collaborative. I would not recommend working here if you are at all career minded.
Pros
Seems like unlimited time off/lunch.
Cons
Poor management, unproductive, inactive.
not if you have a life or family
Desktop Engineering/SCCM Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2018
many hours of work. high expectation with very little reward or praise. many people have not received raises in 10+ years. They pile on work on you with exception to finish the project at the same time to finish the new project. The amount of disrespect and back stabbing was unbelievable. Rarely got praise for good work. was laid off after 10 years of hard work. Even though I would get good reviews
Pros
work from home and nothing else
Cons
everything else
AIG survey
Financial Representative II (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 10, 2018
AIG SunAmerica is company that sells individual annuity products in all 50 states. During that time I had worked in several different departments learning variety of function and developing a full understanding of the daily operations of the company. This required me and all employees of the company to have a basic understanding of all federal and individual state regulation within the insurance industry. One of my primary daily functions in the Compensation Department was to run audits for some of our larger broker-dealers that sold our products including companies like Edward Jones and Morgan Stanley. These audits were done to verify commission events and to ensure there were no discrepancies found within. If any were found, I was responsible to research the cause and determine if this was a one off situation or if there was any ongoing situation that would need to be address. Once the problem was determine, I was responsible for making all necessary adjustment to correct the commission payout. In addition, over the last three years, I was primary representative handling all collection duties for the Compensation (Commission) Department; which average about $1,000.00 in debt collection from other companies a week. All of this while maintaining a high quality of customer services to all of our internal and external customers.
Good benefits and work/life balance
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 9, 2018
AIG offers a great benefits package. However, there is not a significant increase in salary with performance increases. In last two years there have been many layoffs and uncertainty across the company.
Pros
Available PTO
Cons
Layoff and low base salary
Great place to start had a good team to work alongside.
Sr. Collections Analyst - AR/AP (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJOctober 9, 2018
Working at AIG was a learning experience everyday. Challenging work but gives you good experience.
Gives you exposure to enter into any field and even promotes your career growth.
Pros
Flexibility to work
Cons
Restricted overtime
Great people to work with.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 8, 2018
The team I was on was great. We helped each other to make sure that everyone shined. Pretty sad that 13 out of 15 of us were let go. Most of us felt bewildered why were let go; if it was because the expenditures were too high, then why keep hiring senior executives.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hired too many senior executives which in my opinion lead to restructuring and lost jobs.
Excellent benefits, and work life balance
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
AIG is an excellent place to work in a dynamic and global environment. The work life balance and benefits are probably the best in the financial services industry.

Growth opportunities are limited but also depend upon the individual.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

68%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

90%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss