Ajax Tocco Magnethermic Employee Reviews

Wonderful work environment - not a lot of advancement
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHApril 3, 2019
I would recommend working at Ajax. I would make sure you start with reasonable compensation because the raises are small and once a year. This was a wonderful work environment. The people were kind and helpful. There was not a lot of advancement opportunities.
Pros
Good people, long careers, casual
Cons
pay, few advancement opportunities
Great place
Board repair technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 20, 2019
Plenty of overtime, the people are great,management flexible .you can use your vacations how ever you want.
Quarterly bonuses, free work shoes every year
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Slow with the raises
Lots of travel
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 1, 2019
The travel is ridiculous. as a remote field service engineer, work was expected to have you away from home a minimum of 75% of the time. Typical job is 12 hour shifts, 7 days per week. VERY demanding job to say the least.
Bad place to work good people bad mangament
Panel Wireman (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHOctober 24, 2018
Horrible terrible managment, dreadful engineering good floor staff tho, schematics are more or less just suggestions, takes for ever to find out answers to questions about the print if something is wrong or missing
Cons
Healthcare is horrible
job characteristics
bushing repair specialist (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 22, 2018
As of April 2014 all bushing repairs have been made my responsibility. Emphasis on correctly repairing the bushings in a timely manner with bushing effectiveness to be competent and lasting...
Sandblast an array of miscellaneous items for the MIS department and miscellaneous parts for other departments where they repair and manufacture new Magnathermic coil and other miscellaneous charged emission devices.
Other departments within Ajax require services as well within my department where sandblasting is a stepping stone in completing their work to the standards of the clientele that we do our work for from start to finish.
Coils and other pressure tested devices are done by myself as well as preparation work for the completion of jobs itemized for manufacturing and shipping
Induction heating requires new or refurbished inductors where refractory enclosures are manufactured to insulate and protect the bushings that supply the power and heat that eventually melts the metals established based on the amperage and voltage emitted by the bushings. The staging and prep work for these is sometimes an instrumental part of what I am required to do.
Pros
vacation, bonuses, incentives
Cons
restrictions and pressure
Not a good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 21, 2018
Management expects 1 person to carry the workload of 3 to 4 people. It doesn't work. Raises don't happen and there is zero communication among employees to management. Zero motivation to improve overall workplace. There is no yearly cost of living raises and insurance benefits are to high for very little coverage.
Pros
Cons
Management, salary, perks
Love working here, family comes first.
Sales & Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 26, 2018
Great company and great people. Would recommend this company to anyone. I've been here over 7 years and I still enjoy coming to work. Pay is great. I love the flexibility I have here with my kids and appointments.
fine
Welder (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 17, 2018
good job but low pay for welding people are nice job is very clean for a welding job nice and warm in the winter time. but they need to pay a little more.
Pros
good people
Cons
low pay
It was a productive workplace.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 12, 2018
A typical day at work included a variety of job assignments. There were many tasks to be handled. It was a productive work environment. The culture varied.
It’s an okay place
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 7, 2018
Best crew of decent guys I’ve ever worked with in Welding and Shop.
Medical benefits could be cheaper and much better.
Shouldn’t have to work so much for a decent check.
Forman are good guys if you have the skills to fit your position.
Pros
Pretty Understanding if an issue arises for absence.
Cons
Lots of hours for a good paycheck
Nice Place
Laboror (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHNovember 6, 2017
It's a very relaxed environment and allows a chance to learn different departments. Not much structure or consistent work per department. Direct supervisors are very good. Plant manager is just a pain not mean but seems to be in the way.
Do not apply
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHOctober 2, 2017
This is a cut throat operation that will chew you up and spit you out. Unless you are a suck up that doesn't know there job you will never get ahead here. There parts flow to build machines is terrible and you will stand around more then work and you will get written up for standing around. Don't do it to yourself, you would be better off flipping burgers.
Learning Enviornment
Senior Electronics Technician/Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warren, OH 44483August 13, 2017
My typical day requires me to interface with customers via phone, email, and customer visits. What I learn on the job is valuable to make me a better and successful employee and professional. Communication is poor within departments and management, the work culture is average. The hardest part of the job is getting information for other departments in timely manner and most enjoyable part of the job is the constant learning and coworkers.
Pros
Constant learning, Hardworking employees
Cons
healthcare, pay, and 401K, management
good
Welder (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 30, 2017
great work great managment only thing is the hours are kind of wierd but can manage. good job for beginners for any kind of big machine welding and or fab
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHApril 5, 2017
Ajax Tocco Magnethermic is a great company to work for. They are flexible, and understanding. The workload can be stressful at times, but all in all the majority of the days are enjoyable.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare & Workload
I liked the fact that I recieved certifications in the welding field.
Fitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  Howland OhioFebruary 25, 2017
Reading blueprints, locating and identifying parts, inspecting parts for fabrication , layout parts, fitting and welding parts according to specs. Inspection of completed parts. Filling out identification tags for part. Using 50 ton overhead crane when needed and tow motor. I learned tons in the welding field. I received my certification in using Mig,Tig and Flux-core. With Steel, Stainless and Aluminum. I also received a certification with a 50 ton Overhead Crane. And OSHA approved Tow Motor License. The most enjoyable part of my job was I got the chance to learn something new. The only thing I did not like was No ventilation during winter.
Pros
The Company Picnics and lunches that they provided
Cons
The rising cost of Healthcare and no raise to cover it
Good clean place to work
Assemble Worker (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 4, 2016
I have enjoyed my employment with Ajax Tocco. They sent me to Italy for three weeks to assemble machines while overseas. The work environment is clean for a shop setting. The only problem that I have is that employment is almost an hour from home. I would recommend this employer to anyone that is looking for a job working in a shop setting.
Pros
Travel possiblities
Cons
too far from home
Great place to work at
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIOctober 31, 2016
Great group of co-workers every one is fun to work my boss is very understanding about personal life so if I need to miss a day or leave early he is very understanding.
No fun, incomprehensible management
Bushing repair specialist (Former Employee) –  warren, ohioMay 7, 2016
No good ever came from doing very good work, no matter how good, or often. I regret trying to make it my last stop before retirement.
Pros
work hours
Cons
Where do I begin?
Poor management
Sr. Buyer/Production Control (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 6, 2016
Would not recommend working here. Very little opportunity for advancement, unless you are friends with the right people (this is a fact, a particular person was photographed sleeping on the job more than once and that person was promoted to a manager position).

Bonuses are always paid late. Reviews are always late and retro pay (if any - only give cost of living raises and those aren't guaranteed) is always months after reviews.

Benefits renewals are always late, the benefit renewals used to happen in January, but every year for the past 10 years they have been delayed and this year they were in Oct. and employees still had to wait a month for the system to update. The benefits are pretty bad and it is frustrating to have to deal with the delays every year.

This is definitely a male dominated company, and people have said that certain positions are "women work". Men are definitely treated differently than the females.

The company does very little for their employees.

Overall this company is not a good choice for some looking for long term employment. There are things I would write that would just seem to absurbd to be true.
Cons
no breaks for certain departments, no lunch room for office employees (could share with the shop, but over crowded). No coffee service, no real perks of any kind for their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ajax Tocco Magnethermic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ajax Tocco Magnethermic Reviews by Location