Ajax Tocco Magnethermic Employee Reviews for Accounts Payable Clerk

Pretty routine job overall
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boaz, ALJune 3, 2015
Typical day: compare purchase orders against items received/pricing. Discuss pricing &/or quantity discrepancies with purchase managers; enter invoices into AS400 system, occasional inventory checks; talk to vendors on the phone to verify invoices correct; weekly check runs to pay invoices; stuff envelopes, filing, etc. I was an AP clerk. Our supervisor was a hard person to work for, very particular in how she wanted things done & even if you could show her an easier/better way of doing it, she would not allow you to change her methods. She also wasn't fond of letting us take actual breaks in the breakroom, instead she wanted you to use the restrooms as fast as possible & bring your snacks back to your desk with you & not socialize with other coworkers who worked in the actual plant. The hardest part of the job was getting the purchase managers to find time to get back to you with discrepancies in order to get invoices processed on time. The most enjoyable part of my job was it was a regular routine, you knew what to do on a regular basis & rarely had changes to the way it had to be done.
Pros
Regular routine, you knew what to expect to be done daily, good benefits.
Cons
Supervisor hard to get along with, hard to balance family time with this job, no regular breaks away from desk allowed, no opportunity for advancement.