AT&T - Prime Communications Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I called customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2018
I called customers. To pay my bill on time. Management is a alcoholic. They are not professional. To many attitudes. Got some experience in medical career.
Pros
got a job
Cons
no room for growth
Competitive work environment with great growth for advancement t
Customer Service, and Operations (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAApril 2, 2018
Company does have great room for advancement! Very competitive compensation & working environment. Does have a tendency to understaff their locations causing employees to work sporadically without notice.
Pros
Good option for advancement
Cons
Understaffing
Advancement opportunities and steady paycheck
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 19, 2018
The good thing about working with Prime Communications was they were always looking to expand and progress their locations. That means the employees have the opportunity to move up rather quickly. Even as a sales rep for them, I remember receiving a decent hourly along with a good commission for selling/hitting goals.
Great place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2018
Great place to work at.

Fun and competitive.

Always around new technology.

Fast pace at times and also slow at times.

Have to be a fast thinker to saves sales
Pros
health care, Pto, 401k
Cons
na
retail sales consultant
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYDecember 16, 2017
This review is very specific to the upstate area from what I hear elsewhere things are pretty good. I apologize for my poor use of punctuation but I just need to say what needs to be said.

I have been a retail sales consultant for the last 3 years with first a different company then they got bought out by prime communications. Ever since Prime a has taken over they never pay commission, or special promotions to motivate their sellers such as a gift card for hitting a goal. The managers want you to take customers credit card information and set up direct tv accounts and then cancel them a month later so that they can hit their goals and look good on paper for corporat. and that's just the tip of the iceberg as far as shady things that go on in that place. I would not recommend working here if your experienced and looking to get a commission check don't expect to get one unless your in a location that does a ridiculous amount of opps which most locations in upstate don't. They make their pay plan very appetizing and basically sell you on that trying to convince you that you will make a boatload of money when in reality they just end pocketing that money themselves. they are looking for soft obedient minds whom they can tell them to do whatever they like.

I'm not a disgruntled employee, I love my job. I just very much loathe the company. I've witnessed them fire employees who haven't done a single thing wrong they just wanted fresh blood in the store sure maybe their numbers weren't as high as expected but it was directly impacted to lower traffic numbers so they
  more... forced them to step down or just flat out made something up so they had the ability to fire them. They have even replaced people before the new year and they have yet to even inform this employee yet that he was being let go, He only found out because he went onto the companies portal website and saw that they had a new manger starting as of the first replacing his position.  less
Pros
n/a
Cons
commission pay structure
Worst Decision of my life
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 7, 2017
It was the worst mistake, it is based off of commission but you must check all boxes before you are paid. It is very hard due to the business is not that great. You must also sell DIRECTV and in the area I'm in the customers have Charter Spectrum.
Poor management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLNovember 30, 2017
They offer you training and good paid but once you're in training is poor they don't train you to do the right thing but just to be a mediocre sales rep, district manager literally told me he doesnt care about my opinion but sales. Commission changes every month so you get pay less and less. Horrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Poor management and training
summary
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TXNovember 28, 2017
always have to meet a quota. work weekends and long days at times is required. you can only take vacation when they say so cause of blacked out dates. even if you have over 10 years tenure they will not give you a weekend off.
Competitive and rewarding
District Sales and Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCNovember 26, 2017
Great place to work if you are competitive , can adapt to change and can relocate. Prime will reward you when you perform and also show you what right look like when you fail.
Pros
all the above
Cons
not a terrible place to work
Retail store manager (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, OHOctober 26, 2017
my biggest complaint is the fact that i was lied to about my salary. I started under the impression i was being paid $15 an hour nut in reality i make $12

Want to know more about AT&T - Prime Communications?

Ask a question
Upper Management is always changing.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 21, 2017
They do not value employees. It does not matter your position you are just a warm body. It my short time with this company, I have worked for 5 different District Managers.
The only thing consistent is inconsistency
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 13, 2017
Over a one year period of working for Prime communications I have worked directly alongside over 9 employees. One at a time, employees have come and gone. My hours have never remained stable with such high turnover. Even though the compensation is decent, the lack of consistency is an incredible deterrent.
Pros
discount
Cons
makes you take breaks while at work
Terrible company with nothing but excuses
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 5, 2017
I worked with the company for a year and a half and they kept lowering the pay,while increasing the goals. What's terrible is a big part of your pay goes off what the store does,so you could do everything right but you'd only receive a fraction of what you earned if the store doesn't hit it's unreasonablely high expectations. The management is very poor, continuously voicing our options means nothing to them,there's a reason why they rank so poorly on this website and others such as glass door. When it comes down to it,you put in alot of effort and it's just not worth it. Wouldn't recommend at all,if anything go to a corporate location or even a different dealer.
Cons
high goals, low pay, no work life balance, poor management
This place was good at one time
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2017
After being here for 2 years the pay plans have changed 4 or 5 times making it harder for the reps to keep up with everything we have to sell. If you don’t hit your quota your check is minimal. Cell phones get paid very little, then you have directv/U-verse tv, internet, home security and accessories to worry about selling along with insurance for the phones you sell. The commission is horrible compared to other places. The hourly is not enough for all the cost of living and the customer service we have to do( upset customers thinking we’re to blame, fixing phone issues, account passwords etc.) insurance is high. Good job for being in an air conditioned place.
Pros
54% discount off plan, first to see the new phones/ cases, air conditioning
Cons
Healthcare, pay sucks, pay plans always changing
Worst job I have ever had
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 30, 2017
1 The pay is god awful no matter how much you sell no matter how many "boxes you check" you commission check will be horrible! I use to have faith in this company the first few months and even tried to adapt to the constant 4-6 pay plan changes. But this is the worse company I have ever worked for in my entire life. You have to wait 3 months to get a actual commission check working for 12 dollars an hour. Oh and when you do I have seen checks as little as .45 cents all the way to 400 dollars selling 75 phones DIRECTV etc. and other items that you sell. Management is poor. Short staffed and when you do get employees they see how stressful and the lack of company moral is horrible. It's nothing like working for corporate. I WOULDNT RECOMMEND THIS JOB TO A HOMELESS PERSON HOLDING A SIGN ON THE STREET.If you and in a horrible position at one company I ABSOLUTELY WOULDNT RECOMMEND COMING TO WORK HERE! Because you will be sadly disappointed.

PRIME YOU NEED TO DO BETTER YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THE WAY YOU PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES BECAUSED ITS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS JOB HAS DONE NOTHING BUT PUT EVERYONE I KNOW IN BAD POSITIONS LOOKING FOR JOBS.
Pros
Discount on you bill
Cons
Pay, Lack of Life & stress
goog place to work for
Retail Store Sales (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 28, 2017
relaxed, not worry just sale when customer come in try to sale them what ever you could other wise just watching movies and doing nothing.i really like but they just need to pay us alittle bit more
Pros
commission jobs
Cons
sales job
Company sold out.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 16, 2017
After a very quick shake up of small dealers, this company sold out. The manager would work you like a dog until you couldn't anymore. Do not work for them.
Pros
None.
Cons
All of them.
Do not work here
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2017
Prime looks like a great opportunity from afar, but once you're in you see the pay structure (which they change every 2 months). You work SO hard and for SO little payout! You deal with angry customers, incompetent management, and nothing but complaints. My commission checks in the last 2 years I've been here have gone from $2,000+ to less than $800
Pros
Easy
Cons
Management, pay
Great company to work for
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 15, 2017
Great pay, advancement opportunity good benefits. Great career and learning experience. Great discount on service etc. ability to own your position. Fantastic
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 10, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job at AT&T is honestly meeting everyone that walks through the door, building a relationship with them.
While listening to all their issues whether that be with the phone they have or with other companies, I compile a mental solution while they are discussing their variety of problems, and then I communicate my solutions to them. After delivering my solution promptly, the customer is relieved and the relationship is built. I can then offer them more solutions or perks, and create a sale.