AT&T Portables Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you like drinking at buffalo wild wings
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wind Gap, PAOctober 7, 2019
The district Manager for my region is a power hungry 23 year old who loved to go drinking after work with all the younger kids and fill there heads with a plethora of bologna.
Extremely unprofessional
Pros
Cons
Not a place where you can retire
A downhill slide
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  variousSeptember 11, 2019
I spent 4 years with this company working my way up to management and every year the culture just got worse.
If they like you then great, you are "IN" but if you aren't then its a pattern of constantly explaining and getting coached.
For the record, I was "In" but that did not stop me from recognizing a toxic culture.
They fire the good people who work hard and keep the folks who can't be trusted.
If the employees are happy then sales go up
Sr. Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 29, 2019
Any typical retail sales job paying commission, unrealistic expectations, long hours, & delusional management. Working for an authorized dealer, it's always about sales and the customer service takes an backseat. Plus when your manager is only worried about getting promoted and not putting in the time and dedication as the employees that's a big red flag. On the positive side the annual holiday party is very nice.
Great place to be work
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 15, 2019
Wonderful place to work, i enjoyed my upper management. So much room for growth and i am happy to have joined this company! I have been able to learn so much about management and about the company. They give you all the tools to be successful.
Jobs okay
Retail sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Spotsylvania, VAAugust 5, 2019
They play favorites and if you aren’t a favorite they won raise you pay no matter how well you do. The management always looks down on everyone it’s pretty sad honestly. All of the hire up staff is shady and incompetent and will ask you to do fraudulent things to push them higher up and put you at risk of getting fired.
Review
ATT BUSINESS SUPPORT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 9, 2018
I learned a lot managing business accounts at at&t portables but very hard to move up. I have been there for 4 years and have no paid vacations or benefits which is horrible.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Very biased work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 12, 2018
The supervisors have live cameras in every store with microphones where they stalk stores all day. It soon felt like harassment. They would use profanity to get their point across and judge employees and customers off of their appearance. The job required long distance of unpaid travel, you have to pay for uniforms and your own business cards. I will never work for such an unequal business again. They also do not abide by NC labor laws with overtime pay.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  vaFebruary 21, 2018
it was an interesting first real job to have. the people were nice and trained me to the best of their abilities. I enjoyed working there with the variety of people
Fun place, but fast paced and very high turn around
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed the experience, but the job wasn't for me. I learned a lot and the store manager was awesome, but the atmosphere just wasn't for me. Anyone in need of a decent job shouldn't overlook it, you can make some serious money.
Pros
Fun coworkers and chill atmosphere
Cons
Upper Management is rude, Customers can be quite nasty
Portables
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery County, MDJanuary 16, 2017
Great competitive company to work for. Always striving to be number 1. If your looking to make quick money this is the place. Staff and bosses are great.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
To much extra work to put in
Fun Working there
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 2, 2015
I was the store manager at AT&T Portables. We would be given sales quota on monthly bases which we narrowed on daily bases to get it accomplished
Pros
n/an.a
Tough schedule
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 28, 2014
Schedule was very tough for MGMT. Had to work 6 days sometimes 7 and shifts veried from 8-10 hours. Does not leave much for family work balance.
It was an ok job
Retail Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDMay 29, 2014
A typical day was kind of slow paced, Which made it hard to get sales and reach monthly sales goals. My management across the board wasn't very good which made the job more difficult. My co-workers were great I would work with them again if given the chance. The most enjoyable part about the job was the location and my co-workers
productive
sales rep (Current Employee) –  woodbridge ,vaFebruary 27, 2014
helping customer with their issues and solving them. making sales buy introducing a product to the customer and closing the sale . making the customer happy at the end of each deal and welcome them to come back for more service .
Pros
45 munites breaks
Cons
15 munites breaks
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAAugust 17, 2012
My day consisted of running numerous reports showing the company's sales, auditing day to day sale transactions, and other various administrative duties. I worked directly under the HR Manager which was an amazing experience. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with. I did not consider any part of my job to be hard. There were difficult moments but nothing I could not handle. What I loved the most about my job was contributing my part to the company to make sure we were being productive and giving the best customer service available.