AT&T | Spring Mobile Employee Reviews

Relaxed and calm work setting
Retail sales representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2018
This store was a great start in sales, I learned all the basics in with this job. I recommend future reps to try and land a spot here at springmobile.
Not the Same Company
Power Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 15, 2018
When this company began to grow employee advancement was something that was highly promoted, almost guaranteed. It's growth only lasted a couple of years and employee satisfaction since has been on the decline. Most promotions come from "who" you know rather than "how" you perform to the point that the standards of leadership have drastically changed for the worse. Sales goals are high almost unattainable and you have to find a higher cause to want to stay. Having had made the communications industry my career its very unfortunate to feel this way today.
Pros
If you love retail and be around people, you will get your share.
Cons
Poor leadership and employee satisfaction
Great work environment with generally happy people
Business Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 13, 2018
Higher commission rates at busier stores. Also, higher hourly wage at busier stores. 30 min lunch, 8 hour shift is the norm. 57% off AT&T Cellular phone bill
Fun yet competitive
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 12, 2018
Spring is an amazing company to work for if you have good people skills and are goal oriented! The relaxed competition of bettering not yourself but your co-workers make for everyday to be exciting
hi
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 12, 2018
Standing on my feet all day long looking for a job that is willing to let me sit when i need and keep it cold for me. learning how to sale tv. the most enjoyable part of the job was the people i got to meet
Great place to work IF management was better!!!!
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  South Hill, VAOctober 28, 2018
I loved working at spring mobile BUT management was so terrible. We would have had a great work place if management would have just had more respect for their employees.
Pros
A lot of money to be made
Cons
Management was terrible
Challenging and fast paced sales atmosphere
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZOctober 15, 2018
Challenging and fast paced sales atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the sales goals in an area that had terrible network coverage.

Selling, teaching, and fixing smartphones is very challenging when cellular network cannot keep up
Spring Mobile
Retail Sale Consultant (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 2, 2018
Everything about the company was poorly managed. Nothing was done proactively; everything was a reaction to the crisis of the day or week. Rarely followed through on initiatives. Day to day resources and technology used was cumbersome, not industry standards, and overburdened. Disappointed in the vision of the company and the respect they have for their employees. Every one was disposable and you never felt the company was investing in you. Please work for the real At&t
Just dont
Store Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARSeptember 29, 2018
Don’t do it. Overworked, underpaid and unless you kiss the dms butt, you’ll get nowhere! And don’t count on any help from upper management because they know NOTHING!! $300 a week to get bent over daily. Trust me just don’t do it
Pros
Discounts on phone bill
Cons
Literally everything
Company is going down hill
Business Account Executive (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 29, 2018
Everything was great when I first started, but back in February of 2018 Spring divided off the business channel and everything went downhill. Management is a joke, turnover is crazy and they are just looking for an opportunity to fire people. The compensation sucks unless you hit your top tiers and unless you have relationships on the corporate side that are strong you might as well get used to having no life trying to hit these goals. The company "lives" by their 5 key B's, mission and vision, pledge and all these other lies but its all a joke. they make it seem like you are walking into the best company and it sucks. Stress and Anxiety every day, its just not worth it.
Pros
you work from home majority of the time
Cons
Everything else
Iffy place to work
Business Executive (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 26, 2018
Watch out for the HR department in this company they will do all means to get you out of their company evening being their top seller in the market, it does not matter. They love getting new employees in vs keeping their current ones.
Pros
good pay if goals met
Cons
Whole company is a snake, especially the HR deparment
Productive fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, GASeptember 24, 2018
I enjoyed working here very much because you meet people from all over and learn about all the new technology before it comes out. It is also very competitive and makes you push yourself harder and harder each day.
Pros
Jour lunch, company meetings with free dinner, discount on phone bill
Cons
fast paced, cut throat
Poorly managed, poor pay, razor thin margins
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 19, 2018
Stressful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYSeptember 18, 2018
As manager for this company I can tell you firsthand if you’re an “Adult” who pays bills at home with a family, this job ain’t for you, they don’t pay you enough for the amount of work they make you do, you never get raise unless the store moves up tiers, the culture here is seriously the most horrible culture I have ever been apart of, they shove down your throat the 5 key behaviors that upper management doesn’t even follow, it is impossible to have a sick day without having to ask the whole company first for coverage, people who come work here come and go all the time so new people are always being hired due to the fact that they can’t get people to stay due to their lack of consintency and fake promises !
Pros
Part time
Cons
Almost everything about them is a con.
Brain washing poor managmet
Business Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCSeptember 14, 2018
More complicated to complete an order than making a bomb. No training on systems get thrown right in the fire. Management grades you on memorizing a stupid chant....
Pros
Discount
fun
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 13, 2018
fun work environment, branding culture, equips staff with necessary tools to make their job more effective. listens to what their employees have concerns with.
Cons
mandatory overtime
A great company to work for dependent on who is above you.
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 12, 2018
This is a great company to work for depending on which manager is above you, less qualified people and less experienced people get promoted over those who are experienced and overqualified. This company does very well to take care of the district managers and regional directors. even does a very good job of taking care of sales reps however store managers are left in the dust they are over micromanaged to the point of uselessness and aren’t given the freedoms to actually run their stores in an efficient manner
Pros
Culture at a corporate level, actually a part of something good.
Cons
Micromanagement to the extreme
Super fun job in a competitive industry with high but attainable goal expectations, livable salary, work/home life somewhat unbalanced
Retail Operations and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, ARSeptember 2, 2018
I loved working for Spring Mobile under authorization of AT&T. I managed the Newport and Bryant, Arkansas locations, separately. I originally started out under Cellular World which was later bought out by Spring. The work/home balance was definitely not equally weighted and you definitely put in your hours whether you're a sales rep or a manager but you can make great money for yourself in commission and bonuses so it can be worth it if you are focused. The only issue I had was with the upper management structure and their lack of vecks and balances for area manager. While at the Newport location which was almost 5 years I was fortunate enough to have had an area manager who was consistently on top of his game and kept our team very well informed and communicated openly with each of his store managers multiple times each day, which is actually necessary given the amount of approval needed for specials and discounts. Once I transferred to the other store I was in a new territory and there had been no area or store manager for months and no one had picked up the slack in their absence. It made the transition very hard and quite frankly, impossible to turn around in a short amount of time. Quite a bit of damage had been done to the staff regarding efficient training and without any guidance or supervision they'd all developed very bad habits and weren't too keen on creating constructive habits. This is what led to my leaving the company and it was extremely unfortunate because I absolutely loved the time I spent there for the previous 4 1/2 years. I'm sure the management restructuring  more... has settled down and sorted itself out by now however I learned just how much harder my original manager worked at providing leadership for our team than most of the other ones did for theirs so to work at this company you most certainly have to be on your toes and great at staying current on changing information.  less
Pros
Bonuses, Incentives, Contests
Cons
Long hours, ever-changing technology to keep up to date with
it was ok but alot of inconsistency
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 1, 2018
in bonus, commissions, and overall pay kept fluctuating due to new purchases the company was making so due to our store location we have sales expections as on of the big stores off of a busy street off a vactional site.
Pros
manager on site very flexible
Cons
bad loaction for a store, and pay and commission were on a variable base
Great place to work if you can keep up with pace
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NCAugust 30, 2018
If you're great at selling and a people person this is the job for you. There is a large amount of money to be made between pay and commission if you're willing to put in the effort.
Pros
Paid Time Off, 401K, Insurance
Cons
Varying Commision structures, Monthly goals would sometimes change weekly to daily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T | Spring Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight