AT&T | Spring Mobile Employee Reviews

not enough staff
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 20, 2018
I hire new employees but no one stays because the pay plan isn't that great. I've worked for Spring Mobile over 4 years there's a lot of long hours sometimes working open to close by myself
Pros
At&t discount
Cons
Pay plan not enough staff
loved my job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 20, 2018
So sorry when my store closed. Worked with me for the hours I worked and needed. The benefits were excellent and very cost effective. The management was available when you needed them.
Stressful work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 14, 2018
At the beginning of working for Spring Mobile everything seemed like it would make this a good job. As time went on the hours were no longer the same. There would be one week with 35 hours and then the next week with only 10. The job posting for my area shows the starting hourly is $14.50/hr which is not true. In the same position I was given a raise to $11/hr for the same exact job. The job became stressful without the proper training on how to handle certain situations. As you can find out with many of their locations, their are not enough employees to full staff a store. With that you are taking on even more loads of customers with little to know help. The DM says he will come by and help but with all the issues they have to take care of it is more of talking rather than doing. Most of the time as a new employee you will be on your own with little to know help from them.
benefits
Cons
non-flexible hours, lack of staffing
I have enjoyed my position
Loss Prevention Admin/LP Field Coor (Former Employee) –  Calhoun GAJuly 14, 2018
They gave me an opportunity to do something I had never done. This was the best job I have ever had. I traveled and visited stores and then was still able to come back in office and continue working with stores.
Pros
Very open company
Cons
They did away with my position
Fun
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJuly 13, 2018
Great place ro work, fun atmosphere, fast paced. Keeps you busy all day long so you have no down time. Great employees, upper management needs a little work.
Pros
Fast paced
Great JOB!
Customer care (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJuly 7, 2018
I loved the job and would recommend it to anyone! My manager was always so great at working around my school schedule. It was a decent paying job for someone going to college!
great place to work
Part Time Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, TNJuly 4, 2018
great place to work if you enjoy working with people and in a competitive environment. the place is under new management now, and mostly new employees.
They do not care about you as an individual PERIOD!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Northern UtahJune 29, 2018
Management didn’t care one bit. I bent over backwards for them working at 7 locations within a month period of time, and ZERO recognition! The company is full of selfish only in it for themselves SHARKS!!
Pros
Discount plan
Cons
Full of lies and mis information! Disorganized
Going through growing pains
Manager (Former Employee) –  USAJune 26, 2018
Company grew too fast and is in a very competitive market. Many layoffs and store closings. If you can sell you can do very well. Good opportunity for advancement
Cool experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2018
Cool experience, but what sucked the most was they're not afraid to fire you. An when. They do they withhold 30% of you're final check and you get it back of a period of 90 days. Took them forever to get my discount pushed through (and they never did.) Coolest part was the staff past that it wasn't that great.
Pros
Team bonus if everyone hits their goals.
Cons
Commission is only 5%
Lack of Communication
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 22, 2018
There seems to be a major disconnect between the field and the corporate office which has lasted for a while. Not sure why this happens but this definitely effects day to day operations/ sales. The opportunities for growth are there but there is a preconceived notion that all positions are predetermined with very little chance being given to others. For a company that prides itself on culture, it is disappointing to see the lack of engagement and communication from the director level and higher.
Pros
Benefits, tools to succeed
Cons
No voice from the field, too much patience for upper management
Blind leading the blind
Business Account Executive (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 22, 2018
Do not go to work for the Spring Business channel. The entire team has not received a commission check since January. The management is horrible, which changes policy and procedure like most people change cloths. They hold you to unrealistic goals, can NOT lead by example, provide zero training, and the communication is atrocious. Broken promises from a cult like leadership team should have been a sign, especially after being made to literally stand up and recite a pledge to the company. They “pledge” to do things a certain way and have “S” factors that only apply to those in the home office or cult leadership facility. Worst leadership ever in FL and entire East. The team has had to search on Indeed to find something worthwhile.
Pros
Free phone
Cons
Everything else
Lack of Communication and Management
Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 21, 2018
We experienced explosive growth without any preparation or increase in staff. There was a lack of real direction and leadership, no clear communication throughout the company, and policies were constantly changing and only loosely enforced. Rewards often given based on popularity rather than quality of work. Employees were demanding and often hostile. Middle management was untrained, or unwilling to perform their jobs. Upper management was difficult to get into contact with, and rarely offered any assistance. When I started there were a lot of great perks, but between being bought out by GameStop and growing too much too fast, the fun parts and good culture were lost.
Pros
Possible to get more than 3% annual raise
Cons
Heavy workload with very little support
Great place to help gain sales experience.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAJune 20, 2018
This was a good place to work at. It helped gain confidence in yourself to drive sales and know how to speak to the customers. It teaches you how to approach people and get their attention.
Lots of Oppertunity to learn
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 20, 2018
Lots of role playing evolving around sales.
The most enjoyable was how easy it was to get your GP up by having so many bundles and deals for customers.
The hardest part about the job was the micromanaging
Pros
Discount on your accessories
Cons
Work vs Private life balance
traveling
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
This company was a good start up, I was with them in the beginning when they were small. I grew with the company to becoming a Branch manager . I learned alot
Pros
the people
Cons
lack of quality of life
don't join them
WIRELESS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 15, 2018
worst company Ive ever worked for. They will use you and burn you out typical retail hours with poor benefits and management, but you owe them because they gave you a job!!
Very business oriented
Business Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. Very competitive but worth the experience and growth as an individual. Was pushed outside my comfort zone but as a young adult working on getting into the corporate world--very valuable job history and experience.
great place to work with fun fast paced environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 8, 2018
Spring Mobile was a good place to work with a decent pay plan as long as you were at a busy store. The only downfall was not many locations so chances for advancement where slim.
Pros
fun fast pace
Cons
not much room for advancement
Great culture but expect to work hard
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2018
If you’re wanting to be challenged and have the opportunity to move up, this might be the company. I have experienced some challenges in change of pay and goals but haven’t made more money than I have here. Got to be ready for commission!
Pros
Huge discount on phone bill. Latest and greatest phones. Growth opportunity
Cons
Can be a lot of hours at times. Managers need more training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T | Spring Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight