AT&T | Spring Mobile Employee Reviews

Not the same company as before
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 20, 2018
Spring went from the company who is known for paying reps minimum wage to one that is severely understaffed. The put profitability above safety and a positive work environment. What they say and what they do are often different things. Culture has been lost through the many changes the company has gone through.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Understaffed, doesn't care about the employee
Is a great job for the right person
Entertainment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 14, 2018
I've worked with serveral wireless retailers, and Spring Mobile is one of the best. If you work hard you will be compensated fairly. Some management is better than others as with any job. If you aren't into sales this probably isn't the job for you as it is very goal oriented. Sales focuses will change pretty often along with promotions so everyday is a new day.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Healthcare for an individual
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CAMay 14, 2018
I don’t really like sales ( having to keep information from people / kind of scamming people. ) I am an honest person and wouldn’t want to put people in a bad situation.
Low comensation
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMay 11, 2018
Spring Mobile doesn't pay it's employees enough, nor is it very commission-based. Even if it paid more, it couldn't make up for management practices or the amount of repetitive training videos that they make you watch each day.
Pros
free time
Cons
everything else
Great job for college students
Business Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 11, 2018
Very slow during the mid day and business picks up around 5 after people are off work. Overall if you put in hard work and consistent effort you will be successful as an assistant manager or store manager. Retail sales consultant do not have the potential to make a decent wage. Recent compensation changes made achieving a $50,000 annual salary very difficult so if you're interested in a good job while you're in school Spring Mobile is a great choice. It is not a company I would consider starting my career at, however.
Pros
Good commission when busy and great practice with customer service
Cons
Too much time without seeing customers can halt motivation and effort in employees.
Worst Company I ever worked for period
Sales (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 9, 2018
I can not describe in words how bad this place was to work. You are better off working for corporate. Very poor commission very poor base pay. I had a guy come up from anther store to help one weekend he was a traveler for them he was cool
Pros
discount on phone
Cons
Dont work here
only if you like sitting a lot
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILMay 8, 2018
would not recommend, lied to since day one, no development, no coaching, no raises, schedule is not guaranteed, location is not guaranteed. hardest part of the job is sitting all day with no customers.
benefits
Cons
no structure, cuts corners, misleading, pay is horrible, boring
Great place
AT&T Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2018
Fast pace salaries great environment before for work team meeting. Always a chance for advancement. Company focused on quality product and retaining customer base while gaining new territory.
Pros
Relation great with upper management
Cons
Competion hard and long work hours.
Great culture but the pay isn't balanced properly
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 7, 2018
I loved the job for a really long time. I gave all I had to this company. But the work/life balance really killed me. I was working over 100 hours a week with nothing to show for it. The money is great when it is great. But when it isn't it makes coming in to work 14 Hour shifts kind of dreadful. They take care of 98% of their employees but I was a "one-offer" as they liked to call me where I was losing money. All in all, I lost more money than I made here. Whereas other managers and staff made double what I was making for the same job and working less hours.
Pros
Benefits, paid conferences, paid mileage, paid time off, vacation packages, discounts on services and products, flexible hours for employees.
Cons
Managers are overworked, high turnover rates, not enough work/life balanced.
fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WAApril 28, 2018
This was a fun learning environment. Sales is a very stressful job, however Spring Mobile kept the job fun. They always protected the family. Definitely would recommend to anyone.
Could have been better
Representative (Former Employee) –  Union, NJApril 26, 2018
My time at spring mobile could have been better. The pay structure was horrible and if u were not pushing DTV you were not making money. im sure its still the same, DTV/Home services or bust. Dont expect a big paycheck if u arent in a location with ppl who u can sucker into DTV or DTV now. You wont like the out come. But at lease you will have a firm understanding that everyone u work with knows "The pay could be alot better.. expectations of selling a DTV could be more realistic. Good luck to all who are still trying to pursue a career in spring.. because ur gonna need it.
Pros
Cons
Pay, management, hours.
Workplace management
Sr. Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
Although the pay and the benefits are great. The job security is not reliable. The expected work schedule can range from 40 to 50 hours with no over-time pay. Projects overlap work hours and into off hours with no compensation.
heavy work load, small amount of training
AT&T Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Douglas, WYApril 25, 2018
worked long hours some with out help. did a lot of fixing former employees problems. district manager was not local which added a harder step to getting things approved. the training process was lengthly and did not help much.
Pros
discounts, insurance
Cons
lots of problems with management
Horrible company
Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TXApril 24, 2018
Absolutely horrible company. I started off getting promoted being a top seller, and every month hit my goals and exceeding them was making around $80k and they kept up talking everything being in management and how it will only get better... so they just made a compensation change to be better yet now our pay is cut $2k a month for exceeding the same goals and working just as much. Just avoid at all costs, it’s not worth missing family and always being stressed out at this business. If you work for At&t work for the corporate not spring mobile
Pros
Cons
Pay, life, stress
horrible evil company
manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 24, 2018
worked here became a manager and realized how replaceable they treat their employees. change your pay structure constantly and nickel and dime you endlessly I could not allow my regional to treat my employees as she did and was canned for it. if your in small town pay can be great but you are played half what corporate makes. spring is OWNED BY GAMESTOP
Pros
2 weeks vacation
Cons
you will be lambasted for using that vacation
Awesome
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlinville, ILApril 23, 2018
I loved working with spring mobile. The people were great and so was the vibe. My boss was really cool and laid back but stern at the same time, he was an amazing guy to work with and if I could work there again I totally would.
Really a nice place to work for younger people starting a career in sales.
Business Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
I have nothing bad to say about Spring Mobile. It is a pretty cool company with a pretty focused vision. It was not a good fit for me, but the teams are excellent and the managers are over-worked.
Pros
Hip Culture!
Cons
Territory assignments determine success.
Official response from AT&T | Spring Mobile
April 23, 2018

Thank you for giving us a shot, and even more for leaving us this review. We are glad you were touched by our vision and that you were able to see its value. We wish you all the best for your future!

na
Business Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Centralia, ILApril 17, 2018
Spring is an ever-changing company. With rapid growth, it seemed as though the company did not plan procedures out correctly. We would have changes then one week later another change was made. Very inconsistent
entertainment consultant
Entertainment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIApril 15, 2018
great place to work and meet new people. the atmosphere is light and friendly with both customers and co workers. As associates we could help one another with questions, sales,etc
Too many redundant processes
Entertainment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2018
What you learn in the training is not applicable to the floor, and dealing with the customers. Management is worried about their chargeback, There not worried about training you to be a better salesmen and problem solver as far as dealing with the customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T | Spring Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight