AT&T | The Wireless Experience Employee Reviews

Poor management
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMarch 30, 2018
Poor management, do not reccomend working there if you have a family. Pay sucks. They tell you it's full time and only schedule you for 35 hours a week. Foot traffic is awful. You stair at the wall the majority of the day. You don't get credit if you hit your monthly goals.
hope you like eating dollar menu every day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAMarch 29, 2018
commission structure, is TERRIBLE, and only getting worse the hourly pay is too low, upper management keeps personal beefs with sales reps, and other than complaining or micro managing is more or less non existent, floor traffic is awful. if you are good at selling phones and not tv plans this is not the place for you. if you dont sell directv you will make nothing. Your schedule will change without notice and it will be your responsibility to adjust to it. if you hit goals or beyond you will not be praised for it, you're treated as more of a number than a person would not recommend to anyone. If you want to work for AT&T apply for corporate and make twice the money for the same job, don't waste your time here. with most issues your customers face, you'll have to send them to corporate anyway. being that authorized retailers are prohibited from issuing bill credits, rebates or waving fees. So you will see most of your potential income walk right out the door.
Pros
great place to learn how to debate, since you'll be getting yelled at all day
Cons
low pay, horrible commission, micro managing non existent upper management
Hours/management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna County, PASeptember 17, 2017
The hours are all over the place. You never know when you are working and with a family it is tough. Manager doesn't help much at all with training of new employees.
Benefits
Cons
Manager isn't helpful; hours are to crazy to have a family
AT&T cable
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Davis, CASeptember 17, 2017
AT&T was a awesome employer , I would work for them again. They have a great benefits package and pay a fair wage.
I enjoyed my position with the company and loved working for AT&T.
Pros
Great environment to work in
Cons
Unable to find a position with att in my area.
I Love it Here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 21, 2017
This is an amazing company. I love my job. I love the coworkers. It is a great place to call home. Good money if you work hard, bad money if you dont. I see a lot of opportunity for advancement here and it seems we are grwoing.
Pros
money, amosphere, commission, culture
Cons
training could be better
depends on location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAAugust 16, 2017
some of this companies locations can make a lot of money but many of them do not. The commission structure is decent but the hourly and lack of promotions or pay raises is ridiculous.
Pros
decent commission
Cons
lack of opportunities for advancement or pay raises
Incredible Place to Work
Sales (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 28, 2017
I have worked for The Wireless Experience for 4 years. It has been an incredible experience. I enjoy what I do very much. The leadership I have had, helped me to grow not only as a person but as an employee. In my 4 short years, we have almost doubled in size, and yet I still feel included and we still operate like a family.
Pros
Family environment, awesome culture, incredible co-workers, Amazing leadership.
Cons
None that I can think of from my experience
Pretty Cool
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2017
Thsi is is a pretty cool company to work for. They really care about theri employees, it shows. It wasn't always like this but it is more obvious than ever they care. We have a big party to give award we do things in teh community to help. Even the CEO and Chief of staff are in the stores, it's cool.

The money could be better but it isnt bad. If you work hard you will earn more than most places. We dont get paid minimum wage and we get commission and a yearly bonus.

Good coworkers.
Pros
the work environment money coworkers and leadership
Cons
more trainning could be provided. My district manager doesnt seem as into it as leadership.
Great Place to Work, Getting Better.
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  MDJuly 23, 2017
This is a great place to work. It's not perfect by any means but it's getting better. Management seems to care and is making good changes. Things change frequently, but it's sales.
Pros
Atmosphere yearly trip coworkers
Great place for someone 18 yo
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 7, 2017
This company puts people in leadership roles that have zero experience leading. The MD market is a disaster. Managers constantly being moved around. The managers present write-ups to employees on the sales floor. Nothing is confidential. Some managers don't work the required 45 hours but expect you to change your schedule at the last minute. This company could be a much better place to work if the right decision makers were in place. Employee turnover is extremely high.
Pros
You get to work by yourself
Cons
You almost are always working by yourself. Leadership could be better
Fun, Innovative, Inspiring Place to Work
Development & Strategic Initiatives (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 15, 2017
In my time at The Wireless Experience, I have been so grateful for the opportunity to work with such incredible people who pour their hearts into what they do. Everyone from the owner to front line sellers are engaged and available to speak with. The people at TWE go out of their way to welcome you to your new home and encourage you along your career path, providing innovative training and development that is sure to build confidence and personal skills that I can use to excel in the workplace.
Pros
Sales incentives, generours compensation plans, fun, engaging, inspiring workplace
Cons
I have yet to find any
Tough but Rewarding Job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  PAJune 10, 2017
It's a fun environment and you can definitely make money if you work hard and know what you are doing. Training is frequent as there is always something new to learn.
Pros
Quarterly dinners, annual gatherings, frequent contests
Cons
Goals can be tough, sometimes long hours depending on how busy.
The worst ever
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 27, 2017
Very tough place in the industry to make a living. The company charges an extreme amount for insurance if your a rep with a family. Management level are salary for 40 hours working 50 hours and competing with their reps for sales. Management goals to make money doesn't match your store goals. I have never worked in a place with such poor management. The turn over rate is through the roof. They believe that everyone is replaceable. The dm told told performing reps they were all replaceable. I have never seen such a lack of ethics from leadership.
Pros
None i can think of
Cons
Too many to list but leadership is awful hence the turn over
Awful company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Manheim, PAJanuary 14, 2017
I worked here for a 1yr and a half. The company is an absolute joke, managers are never in there stores, reps rip off customers, they hold back your pay, constant turnover, oh but u get to go to disgusting Atlantic city for 3 days were u have to listen to boring brand reps try to get you to sell there stuff And the CEO pretends he pays for everything and everyone bows in his presence
Pros
Watch tv all day
Cons
Constant micromanaging, awful pay, useless upper managemnt
Management does not stand behind the manager.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAOctober 11, 2016
At the beginning I thought this was a good place to work; however the foot traffic in the store is not enough to make good money if there are more than two employees in the location. Equipment is old does not work half the time as well as the internet connection is horrible and must be shared with all the connected devices. The store is so far from other locations you only see one manager and no other upper management. The goals are doable for certain things (phone sales) but it is never enough. Management show favoritism to other locations. You will hear how well you are doing but there is always a however that follows. Phone sales and helping customers isn't enough, you need to push all other products on customers who don't want them. When a customer comes in to pay a bill, don't just take the bill and let the customer walk out the door. Must sell them other products.
Pros
Great customers.
Cons
Low pay, long hours, customers mistreated by pushing services and not listening to their needs.
poor managment, poor pay, un-honest work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Parkesburg, PAMay 30, 2016
I have worked here for almost a year and have barley been able to make ends meet, management is horrible, stores are required to make sales goals that are impossible because people know atts gimmicks and there isnt enough business for most of the stores to reach those goals. no room for advancement because even if you are doing manager duties because yours is never there, they give the job to someone conning and selling more then you strictly because of sales numbers. do yourself a favor and go work for corporate or a sales job that you will actually make money in.
Pros
sit around and watch netflix all day.
Cons
unreachable sales goals, super poor management, low pay, withheld commission.
Do not work for the wireless experience
Sale Rep (Current Employee) –  Temple, PAApril 24, 2016
I have worked here for about 2 years now & I can tell you i hate it a lot. Commission is horrible, management is terrible, there isn't much nice things to say honestly. They change the pay structure maybe ever 3 months & it doesn't mean we will make more money we actually make no money at all.If you don't sell what they want you to sell they hold your commission, meaning we won't get paid . APPLY AT at&t CORP..please!! Don't do it
Pros
None at all
Cons
Horrible pay
Just go apply for an actual AT&T corporate store
Rep/Sort of Manager (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAMarch 21, 2016
When I started working for this company I was optimistic. I was brought on as a sales rep and the position was what I was looking for.
Then I transferred to the store I was hired for (not the one they had me commute to for training) and the entire atmosphere and culture changed. I was suddenly in a store that was understaffed, had half of a functioning computer, had an internet connection that was spotty at best and absolutely no support. I was expected to do the tasks of a manager and not get compensated as a manager. I was told I was incompetent at my job when I was offered no management training even though I was doing the job for 5 months. Upper management refused to appoint an official manager and it created a toxic work environment. In my short time with this company there was one store in the district that was not short staffed because people kept abandoning ship.

I do have to say, however, that I feel like the company itself is not a bad company, just the management of the area I was employed by. There's a corporate store right up the road, save your mental well being and just go apply there.
Pros
Free swag from reps/trainings
Cons
Management, Pay, Communication, lack of willingness to help their associates
I wouldn't even want my worst enemy working here!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAFebruary 3, 2016
One of THE worst jobs I have EVER worked at. Management was a complete joke! I'm pretty sure my 6 year old niece could've ran a better establishment. People are constantly leaving because the pay is barely keeping people alive and they constantly threaten you with taking you off the floor if you don't meet sale goals (which are also impossible) I would rather be a garbage man than ever work for this company ever again. If you like to constantly be undermined and work awful hours, work underneath people who love to con, then this is the job for you. Commission is tiered, which means for every $900 phone you sell, you make $3.
Pros
None.
Cons
Pay, management, employees
Nice People, but Poorly Managed
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MANovember 6, 2015
Working at The Wireless Experience should not be this aggravating. While my coworkers have ever been supportive and friendly, I did not receive any formal training until nearly a month and a half into my employment, and it took even longer for the higher management to provide the necessary codes and information for me to access the sales software on an account of my own. Furthermore, the store continued to suffer low customer traffic due to a lack of marketing. The store has been open since January of 2015, yet even in November of the same year, most of our patrons hadn't known about it until shortly before they walked in. Overall, working here has been an unsatisfactory experience, despite the friendly staff and good commission structure.
Pros
Good commission structure.
Cons
Poorly managed, lack of communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T | The Wireless Experience. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

1.2Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

AT&T | The Wireless Experience Reviews by Location