AT&T | The Wireless Experience Employee Reviews

Family feel, team environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 28, 2019
TWE's been much better than some of the big, corporate businesses I've worked at where my supervisor didn't even know my name. Instead, the managers at TWE actually take the time to get to know you. I've even been able to speak with our CEO a bunch of times, which I think is really cool. It's nice feeling like a valued member of the team.
Pros
cohesive team, friendly environment, caring management
Cons
organization could be better at times, to make less work for people
My experience
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDJanuary 16, 2019
Good company. Much training was given. Workers were happy. Many opportunities for Manager roles. Learned how to really sell under DM at the time. One of the best Managers I ever had.
Terrible
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Center Valley, PAJanuary 13, 2019
So basically I was thrown in a store with out a manager for 7months. They finally gave me a manager and she literally lied to hr and had me fired to get a friend into the position. Prior to her I was running the day to day operations without any increase in pay. Went through multiple employees who would call off or not show. I paid over $500 in Uber and covered everyone’s shifts and basically got shammed out of my job. Also upper management is none existent.... management in general is none existent. Also the commission changed 4 times in 7months. Turnover rate is high, no management, no work life balance, very little sales due to online options, plans are limited. Basically they will use you and throw you aside like a piece of meat. Don’t waist your time.
Pros
Zero pros broke my back for this company and was fired
Cons
Everything I regret it entirely
Good People, Lousy Corporation
AT&T Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJanuary 10, 2019
AT&T pays pretty well considering the potential on some of the payouts are limitless. And its a nice perk when you spend almost all of your day there unless you have been working for years, and have a good schedule. The Job i had (CSR) was a numbers game with all sorts of customers. You had to sell everything to everyone. Including the easygoing people, to the self-entitled jerks. My manager was super laid back and understanding, but I heard that he was a rare case. I loved the people i worked with, but the people i had to work for was the worst. Between the customers that never bought anything, but always came in for tech support (instead of calling someone or googling the issue), up to the corporate people that made bad/uninformed decisions could be enough to drive a person insane at times.

If you are a true salesman, like the numbers game, and dont mind pressure, I would definitely try out AT&T.
Pros
Good Pay, benefits, team builders
Cons
customers, numbers game
Clear upward track
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 7, 2019
TWE is structured to allow for nearly unlimited growth if you're willing to put the work in. Our platform and our products themselves make it super easy to succeed too. I've had great experiences all around.
Pros
transparent growth track, quality service, supportive management
Cons
lots of customer service
Excellent place to work
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJDecember 25, 2018
My managers have always been respectful and fair in my experience. The company structure is organized and there is never a shortage of work. It's been an enjoyable experience for me, so I would definitely recommend applying.
Pros
Fair, kind management. Organized. Steady work. Fun environment.
Cons
When workloads get high it gets kind of stressful for me.
Somewhere you can build career
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJDecember 7, 2018
I've enjoyed working for TWE. I'd definitely recommend it for anyone looking to grow their career with a company that won't make you sacrifice your personal life to be successful. We have a pretty great reputation and they understand employees need to be taken care of if they want their clients to get the best service possible.
Pros
Excellent experience. Strong reputation. Understanding management.
Cons
I must go above and beyond for every client.
Highly recommend
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJDecember 1, 2018
The organization at TWE makes my job incredibly easy (especially when compared to my previous employers). My team is really enjoyable to work with, I've made some close friends that are really fun to work with. Overall, I definitely like working there and I'll be lucky if I'm still there several years down the road.
Pros
Organized company sturcture. Talented emloyees. Close-knit team environment.
Cons
Client expectations are really high, which can be stressful.
An Okay Place to Work
Associate (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 29, 2018
The Wireless Experience was initially a nice change of pace, however over time the atmosphere seems to change the longer you're here. It begins to uncover how there's an inner circle within the corporate office and district managers, revealing favorites while others get the short end of the stick. The incentive boosts are nice, but when they're obtainable. Different locations have different volumes of customers so one incentive that covers every location just seems unfair sometimes. In addition, the pay does not reflect well with the amount of additional work that kind of just falls on your lap without any choice. There's barely any room to grow and raises just don't happen. Ideas are taken in to consideration but nothing seems to come of it, and if anything does, its just temporary for a couple of months, if that. Uniformity among the locations is what they strive to have in terms of look, feel, and values, but it feels as though they've forgotten this uniformity at the most important location. The corporate office.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Low pay, No raises
Awesome management
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 26, 2018
I've had plenty of jobs before where I couldn't stand my managers, and to be frank they always ended up being miserable work experiences. Thankfully the exact opposite is true at TWE. I don't know how they've done it, but they've managed to hire the nicest and most helpful at work, but they've also become great friends outside of it.
Pros
Friendly, supportive management. Awesome culture. Rewarding work environment.
Cons
Busy days can be stressful.
Incredible people to work for
Rep (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 7, 2018
I can't say enough good about the people here, especially our upper management. I was incredibly thankful for the opportunity when I was hired, and I've become even more appreciative of my role here in the years since. It's a privilege to enjoy the people i work for/with.
Pros
Incredible management. Upward growth track. Team environment.
Cons
I wish there there were more corporate-sponsored opportunities to network outside of the office.
Terrible
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDOctober 28, 2018
Terrible people and absolutely terrible management that doesn't care about their employees. Trash company and greedy money hungry demons. CEO is moronic and knows nothing of the business. Evil people greedy and will steal your money as soon as they can
Pros
Hate
Cons
Hate
With the right connections you can go far
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 27, 2018
My overall experience with the company was ok. I feel as though the corporate politics create a disconnect between the corporate office and the stores. I found that some of the management procedures weren't practical, and if put in a management position you may find you have no real authority in that position. Tread cautiously because HR will back reps over management. The base pay could be better as $10 plus commission isn't much, especially if you work in one of the slower stores.
Lovely experience
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 23, 2018
I've really enjoyed working with TWE. The work is fast-paced so I'm never bored and my team is absolutely amazing. Compensation is great as well. Had such wonderful experience at work.
Pros
++ pay and benefits. Talented team that works together. Interesting work. Nice offices.
Cons
Nothing stands out.
Generally enjoyable place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 20, 2018
TWE is up there among the better companies I've worked for in my career. The managers do a great job of recognizing our work and showing us how we're making a bigger impact within the company.
Cons
More corporate sponsored events outside of the office, Just to hang out with everybody outside of work more.
A Joke of a company..
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAOctober 19, 2018
This company changes there commission structure to benefit them and set goals so high its unattainable because they set there goals off of a traffic counter
They promote the most unqualified people and then demote them which is kinda funny and deserved.
Pros
This company has no Pros
Cons
Hmmmm everything about Twe is a Con
Job assessment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 17, 2018
A call center environment can be very stressful as well as demanding, emotionally draining. Every day you will hear personal stories from customers who have experienced disappoints and life changing events.
Pros
Wages, health insurance, and co workers.
Cons
Highly stressful and demanding environment
Low pay- no customers- no management.
Rep (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAOctober 16, 2018
Very low pay for selling $900 phones all day.
Hours are all over the place- good luck getting the days off you need. You get stuck working by yourself constantly and other reps/management skip out whenever they want. You don’t get a solid 40 hours a week and you CANT HAVE OVERTIME.
You do managers work and don’t get the pay or the credit for it. You can run an entire store as just a sales rep and they give the store to someone else to manage instead of picking someone who’s been there longer.
Reps don’t care, they add stuff onto customers accounts to get an additional $7 THAT WEEK.
Customers come in (who bought a phone somewhere else) and ask YOU to set up their email, reset their password, and transfer their stuff from their old phone to the new one that they didn’t even buy from you.
There’s days where you see two customers all day and they just pay bills. They expect you to sell directv to every customer and shove it down their throat.
The accessories are over priced and you make maybe $5 off a phone. The commission plan is god awful.
Management is poor.
You don’t get credit from management or “higher-ups” for exceeding your goals or going above and beyond for a customer.
If you’re not in a busy area, you’re not going to make much money every month. There’s not enough traffic to see money.
Pros
Bill discount
Cons
Management, salary, customers
Fun, innovative place to work
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 15, 2018
My favorite part about working here is simply that we get to do interesting, advanced work. I'm always working with the latest tools & software and I'm constantly learning new things. Keeps the job really interesting for me.
Pros
Interesting work. Cool tools and software. Advanced experience.
Cons
Complex work.
Don’t expect good pay or a balance of work and home life
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg,PaOctober 13, 2018
No work life balance They don’t allow you to discount overly expensive accessories They sit at home and watch you on the cameras your whole shift like some creeps Out of all Authorized Retailers The wireless Experience has the worst commission structure
Pros
Discount On Bill
Cons
Everything Else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T | The Wireless Experience. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight