AT&T Employee Reviews

Good company, decent benefits
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at AT&T. The compensation and benefits package was comparable to others. I may have continued to advance my career if the location in my city had not been closed.
Pros
Reliable schedules, good location
Cons
strict sick time policy
Great place to advance in the work life.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYAugust 18, 2018
AT&T is an excellent career choice if you want to advance at a fast pace.
Very friendly staff who are on stand by with any questions you need answering.
Truely enjoyed my time.
Management (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 18, 2018
Like all things in life, there were the ups and downs, but I can honestly say, I had many more ups. I truly enjoyed my time with Bellsouth/AT&T. I had the opportunity to learn so much and experienced so many different things. I have no regrets, and I am looking forward to the next chapter in my journey.
Pros
Great place to learn and develop valuable career skills, and the company also allows for the utilization of those skills.
Cons
There are cons, but none worth complaining about.
Good Internship
Business Intelligence Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2018
This company paid well and gave me an opportunity to gain valuable experience in business intelligence before I entered the workforce as a college graduate.
Top-notch mentoring program and opportunities for growth
Senior Network Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2018
I started as clerical and within 2 years I was transferred to a technical position. Training was on the job and I worked with some of the best most knowledgeable people ever. I loved the challenges and the satisfaction of seeing a job well done.
Pros
Chances to learn new skills
Cons
loss of comraderie in the work force
Good work place
Wire Technician (Current Employee) –  Morgan City, LAAugust 17, 2018
Everyday is something new get to meet new people. Make good money with very good benifets always learning something new. Hardest part of my job is working in hot attics and working in bad weather. I have the best manager he helps me when ever i have a problem.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks
Great Corporate Employee Discounts
Communications Assistant/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX AND Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2018
Working in AT&T's Small Business Mobility department provided me with amazing corporate employee discounts, especially on my cell phone accounts and Uverse.
Okay
Premise Technician (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 17, 2018
Not family oriented. They work their employees as much as possible without being penalized. AT&T finds ways around the union contract for their benefit only.
once was a great company to work for
Retail sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Levittown, PAAugust 17, 2018
AT&T at one point was a great place to work 8yrs with the company then the shift started to change with the new products such as Direct TV, Home security etc and lead to increased pressure on the sales reps from management and subsidizing stores and countless lay offs very greedy company and work place is very stressfull and some managers are shady and some sales reps are shady and poor sales tactics and lying on accounts
Pros
decent pay hourly and commission
Cons
very stressful if sales are not good
Dysfunctional Bureaucracy
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2018
I was unfortunately not happy with AT&T. The dysfunction caused by the bureaucracy made it difficult to feel like my work was worthwhile. As a data scientist, it was frustrating that nobody in the chain of command above me was even basically proficient in data science when our job was to provide internal data science solutions. As a result, "feelings" and "trust" are more important than evidence in many cases, because the decision-makers are unable to assess the evidence.
Fast paced depending on the time, had to deal with a lot of mean customers
Iqor (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 17, 2018
Loved it but have had personal stuff happen so I lost the job. Have to maintain a good attendance for them to keep you at the job. It is hard for people sometimes to manage that so they lose their job.
Pros
Free dtv, benefits, health care
Cons
Sick time
I worked in an environment where my coworkers were very supportive, we took care of each other. we were family.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 17, 2018
we treat each other fairly. we made sure our department will succeed on expectations. we follow what we were told and we made sure we don't get in the wrong side out the managements.
Productive workplace , fun workplace
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2018
AT&T has great benefits the pay is really good, no other company can compare with that.
A typical day at work with AT&T answering about 35 calls from irate customers more than few, offering different packages that contain phone, internet and television services to retain their service with AT&T. Often sold services that the customer did not have. At AT&T learned great customer service. The hardest part working at AT&T was the everyday pressure of speaking to irate customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking to customers that were not irate.
Pros
Free lunches, celebrated different holidays and birthdays
Cons
timed on bathroom breaks, sitting for too long
Constant changes very fast paced
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 17, 2018
AT&T was a great company to work for with great healthcare and very competitive wages. We serviced Technicians in 23 States and things were constantly changing so there was always something new to learn.
Technical Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2018
AT&T was a great place to work. Great benefits, salary and room for advancement. It was hard to leave but, I decided I wanted to do something different and possibly travel.
Pros
Work at home envirenoment
Cons
Can't think of any. Lots of responsibility but, it comes with the salary :)
AT&T used to be a great company to work for
Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2018
AT&T is going through a lot of changes. Overall, the feeling amongst employees is that the company has lost its sense of direction. With every new acquisition, the bonuses seem to get smaller, as sales targets are, intentionally, raised. Also, AT&T is opting for more oversees outsourcing, which really diminishes the quality of service everyone has come to expect from them. This has made working there less than satisfying.
benefits
Cons
job security
Constant Threat of Layoffs
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 17, 2018
AT&T was once a great place to work for. However in the last 5 or so years there were more and more lay off rounds going on. Have talked to many people and all most agree that AT&T is not a place that you can retire from anymore. No one feels safe or secure.
Pros
Some can work from home
Cons
No job security
It's a very good place to work at and full of potential, but can improve even more.
Customer Service Representative (Retention) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2018
It's a great company to work for, but they have the worst attendance policy and the management is really bad, not to mention the stressful environment and lack of support from management.
Pros
Benefits, employee discounts, Paid time off, sick days, salary increase, opportunity for growth.
Cons
Have one of the most abusive attendance systems.
Not a lot of forward thinking, just follow the plan as it lays. Limitiations on freedom to work on building customer base. Hard to advance.
Leveraged Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 17, 2018
Not a lot of forward thinking, just follow the plan as it lays. Limitiations on freedom to work on building customer base. Hard to advance from the call center.
Working at AT&T taught me a lot but the management was a little to micro manageable.
AT&T Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 17, 2018
Was a good job very repetitive.
Security was very tight
Learned to work very fast paced
Placed 15th out of 400 agents
Great people to work with.
Management was very micromanaging
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
The manger was always targetting someone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.

510.8K
49.3K
36.4K
22.2K
11.8K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AT&T.