AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 29,866 reviews matching the search See all 31,762 reviews
At&t
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2018
Good Overall but cut throat when it comes to getting sick and being penalized for it. I would recommend working for them but benefits take 6months to take effect and FMLA doesn’t benefit you if you haven’t been there over a year. So Its at your risk and it’s union based so if you aren’t part of the union and pay your dues it works against you. Overall a good company but just any other company many ways to get rid of you and demean your confidence and value!
Pros
Great discounts and prizes
Cons
Benefits, procedures, mismanagement
If you don't care when you get off work and can learn fast...its for you.
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2018
I am a father of 3 and could not stand it that I did not know when I was going to be off from work. You cant plan for anything and you have to work there for years before you get a weekend off. I would encourage those with out family to go for it but if you want some hint at stability working for AT&T as a prim tech is not for you.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Dont know when you are getting off work.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MS 39564October 18, 2018
Assisted customers with issues with their cell phones. Set up new cell phone service and activated phones for the customer. Set up payment arrangements for customers. Enjoyed talking with the customers. Emphasis was more on selling something to the customers even when they called in for payment arrangements.
Pros
Nice coworkers, enjoyed talking with the customers
Cons
Selling to the customer when they were having hard times.
Great people, fast paced and innovative company!
Manager - U-Verse Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 18, 2018
Very fast paced which I loved. You work many hours but you make good money for your hard work. They invest in their leadership with excellent training and continued training throughout your career.
awesome company
IT Srvc Mgmt Specialist - MPC (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2018
awesome stable company with much room for advancement and a great professional work enviornment... Awesome benefits as well and great pay i really enjoyed my 20 years there
Great job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 18, 2018
when i worked for the company it was Directv Inc and was a great place to work. Flexible hours and great benefits. Great commissions. Great advances. Great staff.
Pros
Commision
Cons
mandatory overtime
Installer Tech (Former Employee) –  desmoines iaOctober 18, 2018
I did not like working there they dropped my pay after they took over directv wich I thought was unfair, they should not have been able to do so, I have been there for 10 years before they took over
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
didnt answer most of my questions
Att
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOOctober 18, 2018
At the ATT Call Center, the employees don't matter. The bottom line is the numbers. The managers are cutthroat and not supportive. There is no training, you are placed on the phone and expected to perform.
Pros
Commission is good
Cons
Everything else
Friendly & Productive
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2018
Very friendly and productive place to work the pay was decent. The commute was great I love working for them but the laid offs were consistent. If I had another chance I would go for it or reapply
Not good
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 18, 2018
I did not enjoy working for AT&T because there was no help from management. I don’t feel like I was trained correctly. There was no team building. I would not recommend AT&T to anyone.

Want to know more about AT&T?

Ask a question
just didnt work out with me and ATT
Wire Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 18, 2018
work day starts with the morning meeting then the team goes on to there work truck calls the customer to inform them that we are in route go to the warehouse grab any products we need for the job and head to take care of the customer hardest part of that job was having to deal with management and the most enjoyable part was satisfying the customer
Some great people, horrible leadership
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 17, 2018
There are some really great people there. But somehow, amidst all the talent in the company, underqualified and poor leaders get promoted, while hard working and talented leaders remain underpaid and stagnant in their career growth. The company has lost its moral compass, having senior leadership push unethical practices for short term results. The entire level 2 leadership team and many of their direct supervisors are engaged in highly unethical behavior, and eventually the company will have to address it, or lose customers. The two cannot coexist. The HR nightmare that is the sales team overshadow any discount or benefit that the company may offer. Avoid the entire retail channel and you may be ok.
Pros
Service discounts, tuition reimbursement, in-store leadership
Cons
ZERO work-life balance, managers will get calls/texts on days off, while on vacation, you never are truly off. Level 2 managers are unethical and cuthtroat, don't trust anyone.
Different company
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAOctober 17, 2018
If you can find better, I would recommend that. There’s a big turn over rate. It’s also extremely hard working here when you have a family. The schedule changes all the time and they could careless if it effects your home life or family.
High Paced Stressful at Times
Collector/Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2018
AT&T wireless was a good company to work for. They offer a variety of shifts. Lots of college students are employed here. Good benefits and discounts on cell service.
Micro Managment at it finest
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 17, 2018
I’ve worked here for over a decade and it was very pleasant for the first five or six. Now it’s everybody out for blood and all they care about is being number one and how they get there doesn’t matter. If you’re not cutting it they’re going to fire you union or not. They pay well, however if you need to build your skills there’s not anybody to help you with that is satisfactory anyway.
Pros
pay?
Cons
Managment all levels
dont go off my review
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 17, 2018
I worked when it was directv over 12 years ago so this is not the best review to use, things can change over a period of time so I cant say what is or isn't good
Awesome place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 17, 2018
Awesome place to work. Fast paced, and a great place to grow and advance your career. They have great benefits and you can pick your schedule. Getting time off is easy too.
Very competitve
Call center representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2018
Call enter environment. Incoming calls (300+) answering billing questions, selling or upgrades. Help with disputes by reviewing and researching claims.
The hardest part was making people understand all takes time. Expectations always high and we worked to ensure they were met.
My first job in sales and I truly loved working and learning, Excellent training. Had some bad apples but it happens. I was sorry to leave but I moved out of state.
Pros
Great insentives
Cons
mandatory over time
The center is now closed
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 17, 2018
It was a fun environment until they closed the center. We did have massage chairs in the entertainment center. Overall I enjoy my job working at AT&T and I am very sad that they closed our center.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 17, 2018
AT&T offers exceptional customer service and product training through their University Program. They also offer a generous benefit plan with lots of perks and opportunities to be apart of a team, win prizes, hit targets, receive bonuses, with an efficient onboarding process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.

511.2K
49.7K
36.7K
22.4K
11.9K

Diversity score

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AT&T.

Powered by Comparably