AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 31,020 reviews matching the search See all 32,990 reviews
company overall
Small Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  atlantaDecember 16, 2018
the company offers great perks and benefits and gives you the option to grow within the company and branch out to differnt areas, but expect no work/life balance.
Pros
perks and benefits
Cons
no work/life balance
Decent place to work
While supplying excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 16, 2018
Working daily along with the office politics and the pressure from upper management toon supervisors to pressure employees for production. Typical company issues but it’s a fine place to gain good benefits and stable pay.
Pros
A great place that offers good benefits
Cons
A very controlling employer
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 16, 2018
Good pay, nice people, and good opportunities to gain more knowledge and advancement. New Positions are hired from within before hiring from the outside.
Busy work place.
Sales Support Representative/ Back Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 16, 2018
There is money opportunities but no work/life balance. Hard to move up in the company depending on your location. It is a very political company on a retail level. Wish there was a better opportunity with schedule choices for employees trying to go to school.
Benefits
Very fast pace, focus on the work productivity for the day.
Strong administrative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2018
In my department we did not have any fun it was all about job. Only once amount birthday celebration. The employees does give a lot money to charity places, Veterans, etc.
Pros
Cons
Breaks, benefits, good salary
Good place to work with good management support.
Senior Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GADecember 15, 2018
A typical day was some what routined. In office work in the morning and field inspections in the afternoon. I learned how to be organized and accountable. Management was very supportive. The work place was relaxed and encouraging. The hardest part was working with Contractors. The most enjoyable part was collaborating with my colleagues..
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Working without definite guidelines
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2018
Great job and benefits
Management needs improvement within process and following company procedures-Lead by example
Overall great company to work within nice opportunities if given.
Pros
Vacation selections
Cons
Effectiveness within management and employee very low
Excellent Place to work
SR SPECIALIST-TECH VENDOR MGMT (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 15, 2018
Enjoyable place to work Training is always available........Excellent company with excellent benefits.....everyone is friendly and very knowable at what they do and always willing to help.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
All ways looking to surplus staff
AT&T is a good place to work!
Associate Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 15, 2018
AT&T is a great place to work. It offers great benefits. I worked processing all the reports for the director and upper management for their daily, weekly and monthly meetings.
Typical work day
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NJDecember 15, 2018
A typical day at work - Mostly meetings and attending reviews.
What I learned - Highly organized structure.
Always attempted to use latest technologies.
Great place
RETAIL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 15, 2018
Great place to work. Good people. Competitive. Great pay and benefits. Always made sure you were trained. Coached. Developed. Great team environment. Definitely would go back.
Pros
Discounts. Equipment. Team. Environment.
Cons
Worked holidays. Stressful at times due to targets
N/a
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 15, 2018
went to customers houses did installs and provided customer care, drove around in a company vehicle, also had to make sure that work was completed on time
Learning curve
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 15, 2018
It was very enjoyable working for at&t. Got used to the dress code. Personalize with customers. build up a solid standard for cusotmer service. Professional working environment.
Pros
professional working environment
Cons
stand all day
Doesn’t care about employees.
CSR - Customer Service Representative for sales (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, VADecember 14, 2018
As long as you are selling they don’t care what your customer service is like. I regret working there. 3 months of my life wasted. The training does not actually prepare you for anything. The managers are ridiculous. Absolutely absurd. If you can sell and do call center work. Have at it but it’s not a good job. Regret it to the fullest extent. The managers DO NOT care about you. You are a number to them. Screw AT&T.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Nothing.
Good money
Premise Technician (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CADecember 14, 2018
Can make good money but be prepared to get off late. You are union so you have union dues. You get company owed vehicle with gas card. You work alone for the most part but meet lots of people
Pros
Discount, lots of overtime
Cons
Lots of overtime, never know when youre off
Great Management, Great Team Members, Financial Cash Strapped
Professional Technical Architect (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 14, 2018
I have been working with AT&T for many years now. I love what I do. The company is cash strapped after acquiring DirectTV and Time Warner. I am being pushed out the door as a result. I think the company needs to discontinue the stock dividend and re-invest that money back in their employees for a change.
Pros
Great Employee Discounts on Mobile and DirectTV, Diversity is Respected, Entreprenurial Culture
Cons
Medical Plan is Whimpy, Stock Dividend and Recent Acquisitions Puts Company DEEP In Debt
AT&T is what you make of it. Beware of the sewing circle culture in ALL departments
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 14, 2018
There are great opportunities for advancement in a technically advanced communications company. They are truly equal opportunity. There is no more diverse company than AT&T. It is professional but the departments I worked in (construction/engineering and network services/maintenance) were relaxed. The company is demanding of timeliness and attendance and they don't relax those standards in any department. It is a very good company to work for.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Poor quality in low level management. Predatorial management practices
Good work place
Network Help Desk Agent, Collabera (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 14, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at AT&T. They provided adequate on the job training. Management was always fair and communicated well with employees.
Great work environment if your dedicated to the company.
Service Delivery & Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 14, 2018
I advanced and had great mentors for the most part. I advanced pretty quick until a new boss was promoted and my advancement stopped. There is always that one boss that feels that you will take his job, so I did not advance anymore.
Not a career place anymore
Uverse Technician (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 14, 2018
When I started on I heard it was a place to have a career and move laterally. In these past few years I have watched every year the company cut managers and even groups of front line employees.
The atmosphere is very "will I have a job this time next year". Any "advancement" or change is now a contract period where they can cut you at any time even if you've been a permanent employee in your previous position with them because the employee "took the risk" so its justified. I saw them recently give more "surplusses" ie pink slips, and turn right around and buty brand new trucks for several managers and technicians with more seniority. Why not save employees jobs versus buy several neww trucks?
The company has everything upside down with their priorities. When it comes to buying material things, they spend without reserve. However, when it comes to retention of employees, there is little thought than you are a number to them and you have very shaky ground with job security no matter how hard one may work and prove to the company.
I have worked as a prem tech for several years and getting to any other side of the business is just not possible today. It was possible several years ago but not so much these days.
We have mandatory 6 day work weeks. If it wasn't for the union we'd be pushing how much overtime can the company enforce on us. The wage gap between these techs and ALL other techs is ridiculous when you compare the workloads. And while I'll admit the employee benefits help outweigh some of the pay gap, those same techs getting double digits pay an hour more than we
  more... are - are getting the same benefits.
I saw a comment on the personal time off and using it for sick days. They were correct, you have to plan your sick day 6 weeks in advance or it counts against you unless FMLA can cover you.
I had family in the company when it went by another name, Southwestern Bell, and they all say the same thing; when it became ATT, they lost their care of the employees vs their bottom line.
Anyone looking in from the outside would shake their heads at the direction of this company.
Pros
The employee benefits.
Cons
Sick time without the ability to use when needed, the pay gap between technicians who can do the same job but their "title" is different, the mandatory 6 day work weeks that can go all summer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.

511.7K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

51%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

66%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss