AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 32,632 reviews matching the search See all 34,810 reviews
Good pay and decent benefits
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 22, 2019
The pay was good. Great commission incentives, although they're difficult to reach. Competitive sales environment, which I found to be motivating. Decent benefits.
Pays well. Management is never great.
In Home Expert (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 22, 2019
AT&T is amazing at first. The pay is good and the benefits are amazing. The management is lacking. It’s a sales job with all the typical downfalls of a sales job.
Pros
Great benefits and discounts
Cons
Sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 22, 2019
You can always know that someone is always there when help is needed. You have a questions just ask and they will try their best to get you the answer you are looking for
You make good money but no help with management whatsoever
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 22, 2019
Terrible experience. No help whatsoever with resources or getting help when needed most. Pushed to the side over particular important situations. Felt pressured and an unsafe work environment.
Solid company
Sr. Customer Serv. Rep (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 22, 2019
Pay does not match jobs performed. Multiple functions in the customer service field as the company was moving to on stop shop, but pay did not increase with the work performed.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
pay does not match job
Not the same company I started working for.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 22, 2019
Made many great colleagues along the way and learned from all of them. Unfortunately like so many others, I was laid off due to no fault of my own. Company seems to be in a state of turmoil.
Do. Not. Apply. Or. Work. Here.
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 22, 2019
Go anywhere else. The management is incredibly bad. They are extremely shady. There is a lot of fraud going on in all of the stores. Miserable time here. If you aren’t hitting their ridiculous numbers they pretty much hate fly and want you gone. So again save your time and just go somewhere else.
Pros
50% off services
Cons
Management and work/life balance
Its fine
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 22, 2019
Most of the time people you deal with day to day are fun to talk to and to help them try and get what they're looking for in a new phone. Any position within ATT is subject to layoffs.
Cons
If you dont like quottas this isnt for you
Not the same as Google.
Network Central Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2019
Working for AT&T was very challenging this was due to the ever changing processes which were being implemented almost every 6-months. Some of the timelines or due dates in my opinion became unrealistic to manage correctly. So based of this process you find the goals which were set for the organization fell short of being completed or exceeded based on the category of performance. Due to the climate of the social media & higher expectations from leadership the real world applications became difficult to achieve.
Pros
Medical Benefits and Vacation.
Cons
Working in in a 24 /7 environment and unwanted stress / Union interaction
Convincing Customers
Sr. Communication Specialist/Asst. Mgr (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 22, 2019
typical day would be the part of convincing customers that we are the right choice for technology compared to the other wireless providers in the industry
Pros
coworkers
Cons
expensive services
Good job with zero security
Wire Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 22, 2019
I got laid off, despite being a union member. That pretty much says it all, but I'm required to enter 150 characters for this review (and this will make 159.)
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
You can get laid off anytime.
Overall good place
Customer Service Representative, Convergys (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 22, 2019
Not bad if your really foos at customer service and can make bonuses. But the rewards are too small for the amount of work. It has been years so these things may have changed.
Cable is out
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 22, 2019
As a premium technician, they are laying off many workers, it is a fast pace and stressful job. The union (CWA) has a contract that is up for renewal for a year which we haven't bargained yet. Att expects techs to go above and beyond the contract without any addition compensation. Horrible comparison to work for. Like the stock though for investments.
Pros
Benifits are not bad, pay is good
Cons
Long...long hours, no work life as we never k ow when we will get home, mandatory 6 days, at a whim, no ducking out early and days off can be rescinded if they need workers.
Job Security is not there, adds to stress
Field Technician (Install/Service) (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 22, 2019
has ruined the company they just bought out. monopoly that is pushing out their employees. Benefits are about the same as they were before but now our life-work balance is horrible.
You make you own choice
Authorized Technician (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 21, 2019
I won’t work for this company anymore due to the the I was treated. It seems AT&T does not cakes how employees are treated. I moving to GA and Ibwill need a job but due to the negative treatment I won’t even look that way.
AT&T Ruined Directv's Employee-centric vibe
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MontanaMarch 21, 2019
AT&T Ruined Directv's Employee-centric vibe. they care about the bottom line and that's it. Frequent surplussing of lower level management employees followed by replacing them with underqualified, lower paid managers. AT&T doesn't care about it's employees, bottom line.
Pros
discount
Cons
everything else
Overall a fun place to work.
Installation technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2019
Long and hard but fun and enjoyable. Safety is key and getting the job done right is a big part of that as well. I loved working with my hands and getting out there to help people.
no comment
Assistant, Interactive Marketing (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2019
- stressful & heavy workload
- took some job responsibilities of 3 managers that retired
- management plays too much politics in the corporate world
- racist
- strive for perfect, no room for mistakes
- working with some smart coworkers
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
political, favorites get promoted than what was really deserved
Fun, til they don't need you anymore.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 21, 2019
They used us (DSL tech support) for sales in U-Verse, then after we sold so much, they furloughed our whole dept. If job security is crucial to you, just say no to AT&T.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security
Terrible Management
Retail Sales Consultant (RSC) (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 21, 2019
Manager left the day I started. AT&T started 2 new manager and is not great at all. Company does not care about AT&T just Directv. If you do not sell DTV, management will hate you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.

512.2K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

68%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss