AT&T Employee Reviews in St. Louis, MO

Found 475 reviews matching the search See all 36,826 reviews
Good work site
Retired (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2019
I really liked my job. We received good training with live instructors but sometimes we did training online with computers in a training room. Sometimes only a certain number of techs were trained and they would give instructions to the general population of tech as they needed assistance
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company has been downsizing.
Stressful place to work
Wireless Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 27, 2019
Management is difficult they are always trying to find something wrong. No positives remarks. Coworkers are fun to work with. Lots of drive time average 200 miles a day
Poor work / life balance
Premises technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 25, 2019
You are owned. I left the company after 10years. Never having a steady scheduke and then when you pick a schedule there is a high chance it gets ripped away with 2 days notice. Its taken a bad turn... And I would not recommend this for anybody.

Typical day depending on drive to the shop and at the end if the day... Is 6am-7pm.
Pros
Benefits and money to be made
Cons
Might be lucky to get 10-12hra a day outaide of work.
provided me with the needs to provide for my family
Specialist - IT Service Management (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2019
flexible work hours, opportunity to work from home, good benefits, etc.
flexible work hours, opportunity to work from home, education opportunities, good benefits.
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2019
Work Culture is Great , they have good process.
They have opportunity in different technology , and new emerging ones where one can upgrade skills and work on latest tools , technology
Working as an operator was a rewarding experience because it allowed me the opportunity to talk to people all around the country.
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2019
Workplace culture was diversified and very professional. The typical day consisted of helping callers make long distance calls if they encountered difficulty. The most enjoyable part of the job was being of service to others.
Good Place to work
Senior Technical Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 28, 2019
Been working at AT&T in various roles for 27 years. I have Learned tremendous amount about Information Technology and Networking. I am curious what other opportunities may be available.
Nevr had time for home and always feared for my job
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 24, 2019
Everyday was a worry as to who was next to be fired. The best techs were let go as well as the worse. Any day could be anyone's ticket out just depending on how someone felt. In the field even the simplist inconsequential error was enough for a upset manager or higher up to run on and try to fire you. Using sick time or leave was the worse offense and upon return you would find yourself on a write up or decision making leave. The Pay was great when you considered no education could get you over $24 an hour. All of the over time and out of town time as well helped pay a lot of bills. However its high pay and high stress.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
High Stress, No free time
Demanding and high pressure job
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2019
Required overtime, never know what time you will be off work. constant change in management, sometimes you are forced into a crew with poor managerial skills.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
high stress
Excellent place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 15, 2019
Excellent employer - great co workers, environment positive excellent training and open communication, benefits very good matched 401 k””””””””””””””””
no longer there
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2019
The pay and the people were great. However the union isn't what it was when I was first hired and no longer works for the employee. I would go back if I could in HR
Pros
pay
Cons
no advansement
its a job
Finance Representative II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 4, 2019
At&t always shifting focus. One week its selling directv one week internet. And if those don't perform they will buy out a competitor. then they will hire competitors employees and phase out its own. No loyalty. Customer service and taking care of current customers is non existent. They only worried about new customers.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
company doesnt care about you
Good People
Senior Business Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 27, 2019
Great group of talent at AT&T and the ability to work remotely is a great benefit. Management seems to care about their employees, however; there are surplus notices sent out several time a year. The company is losing good talent.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
surplus notices given consistently
Demanding and stressful, great people.
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 25, 2019
Great company to work for. Demanding and fast paced. Opportunities are endless. Company rewards top performers and invests in their workforce. Great vacation and benefits.
Pros
Great training and development, good salary and benefits.
Cons
very demanding and stressful
Good opportunity
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 18, 2019
Overall company provides good to excellent opportunities for careers and career advancement. The daily pace of work can be exciting and draining at times but overall you can make what you want of your career if you apply yourself.
Pros
Telecomuting, Salary and benefits
Cons
Force reductions make it difficults at times
Learning work place
Network Administrator (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 14, 2019
The on the job training was great
I would go back to AT&T if they had a opening in my field..
i took away from my experience with AT&T a lot of things

the work environment was a great place to be in
Fast paced but a rewarding place to work
Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 12, 2019
As a manager at AT&T I was always busy. The real reward and job satisfaction came in from watching employee develop and grow. The people I worked with at AT&T wanted to do a great job for the customer, and usually responded positively to to my coaching. Yes, occasionally you would have the difficult employee that wanted to do things their way, and eventually it could get to the point where you have to put them on discipline to get them to change their behaviors. The biggest thing I learn while at AT&T is that you have to change behaviors in order to change metrics. You can coach to a number but it will not be as effective and changing the behavior.
Pros
Salary, benefits, discounts
Cons
making everyone pay for the actions of a few
good place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2019
good place to work
fair pay
fair benefits
fair discounts
good managers
many locations
workplace culture could be better but not horrible
overall good place to work
Large corporation mentality
Senior Content Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 4, 2019
Being such a large company with so many employees, AT&T did not seem at all concerned about the employees, especially those in a department that was not AT&T's focus at the moment.
Pros
Good salaries
Cons
Constant reorgs, layoffs, lack of attention to sustaining work
culture
Manager OSP planning and Engineering Design (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2019
company is corporate driven and places little value on employees. Training is minimal and expectations are high. Same amount of work is expected from someone with 1 year compared to someone with 10
Pros
flex time
Cons
job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.

512.7K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AT&T.

Powered by Comparably