AT&T Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 4,819 reviews matching the search See all 36,840 reviews
Not a place for those that don't perform well under constant pressure and criticism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 19, 2019
This employer should reevaluate rules and regulations currently in place, managers should not date coworkers, advancement shouldn't be based on who you know but by your work performance. Equality should be addressed as well.
Pros
Friendly competition
Cons
Management is not up to par, long hours, no room for error, lots of racial bias
Okay place to work if you need money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 18, 2019
Training was more they provided you with materials and if you had questions, they didn't like answering them. You felt on your own from the get go. Pay was not worth what you had to do. Advancement was not common.
good pay bad management
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2019
the pay was ok not great but the managers are willing to fabricate anything the get rid of a good employee. The coworkers are great by the way they don't care about you life
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 18, 2019
Schedules are not flexible, vacations are rarely available during the holidays and the job is very stressful. Good benefits ................................................................
Great job if you like to sale
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 16, 2019
Work for the company almost 15 years. Recently left only because of sales. I hate to force sales into the conversation. You work hard to get the customer issue resolve i.e lower bill, fix a problem that had the customer upset then you have to turn around and sell them something. Even if you pitch it and they don’t take it you are penalized. Most people who make it use word play to get sales.
Great place to work. Good management, ongoing training and inter-department cross training.
AR / Fraud Analyst / Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 16, 2019
Big focus on team work. Management readily available within call center. Ongoing training keeps everyone in the same page. Would recommend to anyone considering position with them.
Workplace that is behind the time of technology
Customer Service Representative - Collection (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2019
The Management is ill trained and rude. It is composed of people that were great Rep but dont mean great in Management. The systems are slow and always not working correctly. The training is outdated and not sustain by research but theories of how things should be. The management talks about how terrible the customers are and about the Reps in private chat groups. People wear PJs to work. The customer service provide is told to lie to make the customer feel good so can get a good survey instead of really resolve the customer issue so dont call back. The call routing system transfer calls to the wrong departments. The app never is working correctly. The location is outdated that is not clean.
na
Customer Service Retention (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2019
This is not a great company to work for, the management is no consistent. They promotions are based off of favortism, and there is no opportunity for advancement no matter how great you are at your job.
Good experience
Leveraged Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOJuly 13, 2019
Working for AT&T was overall a good experience. The company takes care of its employees very well. I worked in a call center. It is a very fast paced environment, but that comes with the job.
I love my job
Customer Loyalty Agent (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 12, 2019
I love this place. I have been working since 15, it has great benefits. Potential to make money, major money. The managers are great. If you are not designed for customer service, then this is not the job for you. You have to care.
Good beginings millenial ending
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2019
Company had strong employees in its begining. Employees were fortunate to work with Illinois Bell, other Bells and ameritech. However somewhere after ameritech their ceos mismanaged that company terribly they began to loose revenue and that resulted in yearly layoffs. Millennials were hired and the company has been going downhill.
Don’t depend on union
AT&T Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 11, 2019
I was here over a year then lost it while I couldn’t work because they kept refusing my fmla paperwork but wouldn’t state what was wrong with it. I loved it besides that.
Fun work place
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BillingJuly 11, 2019
I learned a lot of things when I worked before with AT&T especially in handling irate customers and giving the excellent service to them. I was well compensated by the company and I've really enjoyed my experience there.
Much better as DTV
Technical CSR (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 10, 2019
AT&T took over and the culture changed. They were all about the money and no longer the employees. All services were expensive and the only way to afford it was with employee discount. Rotating shifts.
fun place to work with several activities to do
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 9, 2019
it is I nice place to work they offer several things for employees to unwind like ping pong, basketball court, and xbox to play. is a fast paced environment
Made great friendships here!
Leveraged Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 9, 2019
Working here was one of the most stressful times of my life, and yes the job was most of the reason why. Yes, you over compensated for the work you do but you'll be selling your soul in the process. The people you meet are under the same circumstances, so you build strong bonds towards each other. I love and miss all of my co workers at AT&T, but wouldn't work here again if it was my last resort! Just my experience though, some people may feel differently. Drinking the cool-aid is easy to do in an environment like that one.
Productive and fun place
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2019
They will make everything sound so great in your interview but its not anything like they tell you schedule changes all the time you can make very good money and it can be a fun environment and also if anything personal happens you will be wrote up immediately no if and and buts about it.Also AT&T changes thing every other day
Customer focus
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 7, 2019
a typical day includes incoming calls addressing billing, troubleshooting, new service, adjusting programming and providing information. I learned a variety of technical troubleshooting skills as well as addressing and resolving billing issues and completing new sales. The management tended to not be proficient in general managerial skills including manager/employee interactions. The workplace was positive and friendly. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers and the most enjoyable was resolving issues making customers happy.
Pros
health care, vacation/pto, long lunches
Cons
poor interaction skills by management
Fun Workplace minus team manager
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILJuly 6, 2019
Coworkers were cool but the managers sucked and showed favoritism when it came to enforcing rules. Call center environment so your phone rings nonstop especially during peak days and holidays. Pay was okay for the area we lived in. Overall, I’d return if they had new managers.
Creative Workplace!
Costumer Service Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 5, 2019
The best part of my job is my team. We all work together and help each other. Management works with you to mold into the best. This being a new environment was a little stressful but you learn to self educate and ease through problems.
Pros
Pay, Paid Holiday, Lunch Breaks, Comfy Environment, Perks, Prizes
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.

512.7K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

62%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss