AT&T Employee Reviews for Premises Technician

Found 1,407 reviews matching the search See all 36,840 reviews
Learn something new all the time, Great place to work!
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 18, 2019
Typical day would be dispatching from home, you would go to your first job. A whole lot communication with the customers and management. You have to manage your time a lot as well. The company became union which placed me at the bottom of the seniority list unfortunately that caused me to get laid off due to cutbacks. I wanted to retire at At&t because it was a great company to work for. Other than that, At&t is a great company to work for!
Decent
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 18, 2019
Good job to be at don’t know why you asking me to rate this company anyhow but since I must was a good job to work will not have weekend off based on time there
Productive workplace, managers always watching
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 18, 2019
A typical day consists of taking jobs from a random pool of available customers from your IPad. Call the customer, drive to their home, and quickly analyze best route to wire/setup the service. Each home is different, thus you must figure out the best way to complete it in limited time frame. Managers check-in frequently and are constantly on after you about your "numbers". Employees must cover themselves in write ups after a job is complete to avoid consequences.

I found the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and traveling around the area fun.

Hardest part is meeting your deadlines with management.
Hard Work, Great Pay, Work Rain or Shine
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2019
Very hard work. Management pushed you a lot and expected a lot. However your pay and benefits were very good all things considered. Just preform at your job and you'll be fine. I just saw it as a way to get rid of those who are not hard workers or scare away when work is asked of them.
AT&T is a bad company to work for
Premise Technician (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 17, 2019
Company is a sinking ship, due to current leadership. The company lays off employees every quarter, and this will continue for the ongoing years ahead.
No opportunity for advancement
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2019
Work is always the focus for the company. Employees don't have time to pursue further education. Work in inclement weather, regardless of the severity, w/o hardard pay.
Good Career
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Bell, ILJuly 17, 2019
Was a very good job to have for the time i was employed there. was able to learn a lot about different thing and how to handle customer at every aspect.
Exciting place to work.
Premise Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2019
Company is great to work for, not much room for advancement. Surplus/Downsizing is pretty often and unexpected. All Employees get along very well, even with management
Pros
Half off of services
Cons
Don't really know what time you will be out.
Decent place to work
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  Napa, CA and Vallejo, CAJuly 12, 2019
After 5 years a lot has changed. In the beginning during honeymoon phase its all exciting and awesome place to be. My yard was very welcoming and helpful. Crews become your second family as hours are long. Some people there work up to 12 hours a day optionally. (can be forced up to 2 hours overtime up to 15 hours extra a week). The pay is pretty good if you put in extra hours, but the scope of work is ever increasing. First we only did copper, years later we added sattelite, then fiber after. All three take their own methods, quality assurance, and time. Sales pushes for the biggest package, so you often get the multi-installs that take more than 6 - 12 hours to complete. The cities I worked in mostly impacted the time it took. The benefits are good, vacation/PDOs are okay. Work is easy to learn. They pay for training. They havent hired in my area for a while though. Overtime is frequent. Only about a month out of the year where there isnt
Lay-offs like crazy
Premise Technician/outside plant technician (Former Employee) –  Merced, CA / Fresno, CAJuly 11, 2019
Was perm for 4yrs then laid off was term for 1.5yrs then laid off great pay no job security management cool people. Union a joke.
Great Experience
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2019
Really a great place to work and learn new things. Great place to advance and move up in the company. There's good opportunity for overtime as well and time off.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No breaks
Good job, if you get a good manager
Premise Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2019
Full paid training at the CFL was great. Learned some cool things and all the instructors are awesome.
The ride alongs with experienced techs was extremely helpful. The training teaches you basics, but you see some crazy stuff out there so I'd say its 20% training 80% on the job training. All the other techs under your manager will help you out if you call which saved my butt alot as a new guy.
Overall, I think it's a good company, typical corporate with lots of policies and rules.
If... you get a good manager. My experience was not so great.
After completion of training, you are given more ride along time for a brief time. I cant remember exactly how long, roughly 2 weeks. During that time, soak up as much as you can. Ask to take lead. Dont be too afraid of making mistakes, you have backup. On the 3rd week, the tech riding with you wont do anything but watch unless you get completely stuck. After those two days, you're solo. My manager sent me out without enough tools despite me repeatedly asking which was frustrating. He says to ask the other techs for aerial drop and nobody will respond.
Shows up at a customers house to perform a quality check on my work and threatens to write me up because I didnt make the customer put up a sweet little lap dog that never paid us any attention.
I would run into problems I've never seen before and when I would update him, I would recieve criticism rather than advice.

Hours are expectedly crazy. Some days the load was finished around 4. Other days, around 9. On occasion you'll work til 11.

Great group of techs though. All
  more... of them have a great attitude and it was an honor to work with them  less
Stressful invironment but there are worse places to work.
Premises Technician (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJuly 10, 2019
Very number driven. if you can keep your nose clean benifits are decent and pay is not bad. however. Steps of discipline get handed out by management like Oprah handing out prizes. steps of discipline are often used as a power play. granted not all managers operate in this way. I feel like it is a good stepping stone job into the tech world.
Stressful place to work.
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 9, 2019
Manager was not a very good one. Cared more about making his bonus than really caring about the people he managed. Instead of pointing out a mistake, he would write you up rather than coach you. This whole last year was a joke and a nightmare. Never knowing if it was going to be your last day there all because I missed something at a customers house. To meet your numbers you really had to care less about the customer just to hurry up and get to the next one. I believe that AT&T has lost their true vision. I am really glad that I am no longer there. All the guys I worked with where always complaining how bad the work conditions are. I know that if a manager is going to get rid of you just because you really care about the service to the customer, and looks for anything to say I got him hes gone, and hes done the exact same thing. He just did not get caught. Life at At&t sucks. Paid good, but its not worth it. I put in four years. No more.
Pros
Cons
Negative atmosphere
Golden handcuffs
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 9, 2019
Too much micromanagement! Bottom line driven not employee driven , highly political .Benefits are awesome , chances of promotion are not . The tech that I work with are the best .
Excellent company with excellent benefits and excellent chances for advancement
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2019
Excellent company with excellent health benefits and great chances for advancement. Excellent training program and a great learning experience. One of the best companies in the world to work for...
Great job if there's good management
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 7, 2019
Very active, interesting and rewarding job. I loved this job, I loved being outside and feeling like my own boss. The weather was the best and worst part about the job. Company benefits and perks were outstanding.

Management: Let me first say there was some good management. This company is an extremely large company and they are 100% focused on profits and stakeholders. While there was some good management most was bad or downright horrible. Some management actively set out to write employees up to make themselves look better or to make a name for themselves. Due to being such a large company, it seemed as though everyone would step on each other just to get ahead.

This job is the foundation or starting point to my passion for IT. I was amazed how communication and technology worked and how AT&T accomplished this.
Pros
Work alone, Very active, Outside elements, benefits & perks.
Cons
Large corporation, felt like a number, focused on money, Outside elements
The job itself is very fun
Premise Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleburne, TXJuly 1, 2019
Management is okay at the technician level, but When it gets to staff level is where it goes to bad. Pros: Top pay 26.09. Company pays for everything. Company vehicle, gas, tools, half off att everything.
Cons: staff management make up numbers and data in order to justify their jobs and push it down on us and make it mandatory or else we get into trouble. Management is so out of touch in our field that they can’t ever help any of us. No room for growth. We are underpaid for the work we do.
Exciting always different
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 30, 2019
It’s exciting yet stressful at times but always different changes are always happening sometimes good sometimes bad in the end work is work you’ll have good days and bad
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No advancements
Pleasing the customer
Premises Technician (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 28, 2019
Love making sure the client is happy. Period!!!! Willing to help a fellow employee when needed. Was always on time to work. Dont believe in making excuses I make solutions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.

512.7K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

62%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss