AT&T Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

Found 522 reviews matching the search See all 36,826 reviews
Fast-Paced
Manager In-Home Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2019
Needs work in Sales department. Upper Management needs a lot of work as well. Very unorganized at times, with no direction in leading the team in success. Could be fixed with proper Upper Management personnel.
Too stressful life too short
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 11, 2019
I know all jobs are stressful but working for this company your stress can turn in into an actual health concern that would require you to visit a doctor on a regular basis if not a morgue .Not a fun job like it starts out as office politics will eventually find its way to you making you feel like your holding on to your job by a thread no matter if your the best or mediocre it will not matter.
Typical wireless sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 2, 2019
Overall, my experience with ATT was less than stellar. This is only my experience, and I'm sure this is not typical. However, I will say the root of all the issues I experienced was due to poor training. It is a web-based training platform and my trainer seemed out of sorts and disorganized. You will need to make sure you pay close attention and reach out to peers for support. If working in a retail store expect to work every weekend for the foreseeable future. Some AT&T retail stores are unionized and scheduling is based on seniority. AT&T will often promote "top" sales people into management regardless of managerial skills. It will be a mixed bag of sorts with the type of leadership you will interact with. Also, this job is NOT for thin-skinned individuals. Customers will harras and belittle you for seemingly minuscule issues.

If you apply yourself and possess the right attitude you can make a decent living and the benefits are excellent. Regular spiffs and bonuses are paid in addition to commissions and great discounts.
Pros
Good pay, excellent benefits, decent culture.
Cons
Work/Life balance - Verbal abuse from customers.
Good money no security
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJune 29, 2019
Office was closed and forced to take buyout or move. While working there supervisors we're not the best communication between management and employees was horrible
Pros
Great pay potential
Cons
Managers, supervisors
Fun Workplace
Part Time Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 26, 2019
I was excited to go to work each day. I worked in a corporate location in the top producing area in the midwest. The more hours you put in, the better your odds of reaching the required goals. Everyone was very upbeat and I would recommend to many that this is a great place to work.
Fun place to work and make a great living for a young adult
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2019
Was a good job while I was in college. Learned a great deal of things that I apply to my everyday life. The job is challenging and stressful if your're not an aggressive sales consultant.
Fun co-workers, and focussed team
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 19, 2019
Management can be a bit difficult and have unrealistic expectations. They also choose when they want to follow company policies and they break it in order to generate ghost sales that will cancel in a matter of days , they will pressure the customer into products that they don't need at the cost of customers experience.BIG warning if you have any medical issues, they don't care if have doctor note that says you had to visit them, unless you are literally dying they do not care. You have to be willing to let go of your social and school life they will work you till you quit, the reason I'm still here it's because of the pay otherwise I would leave.
The Fallback Gig.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 12, 2019
After three years of working at AT&T, I've realized that it's solely up to the individual whether to work at AT&T temporarily or to end up being micromanaged for the rest of their life. The only positive thing I could say about being AT&T's frontline was meeting new people. Those customers who I had something in common with made my day much easier and enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible for students and parents.
Cons
An Absent Point System, not many sick days, all at a mediocre pay level. Higher management are such a disappointment.
Customer service and competition is Key to success
Sales Consultant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALJune 9, 2019
Love competition with other workers. At the time management could have been much better. Look to create selling opportunities with every customer and offer all qualifying products to customers. Be cheerful as you are doing so.
Pros
Great competition, benefits
Cons
Robotic at timeswith what managerwanted said to customers
Great benefits great starting point
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJune 2, 2019
Started off great, great pay and benefits. Management will hire anyone. People who don’t know a thing about technology. Having to bombard customers with questions about entertainment needs in an attempt to sell directv which is a dying service and no one wants.
Pros
Benefits, pay, co workers
Cons
Changing commission, Management, Unrealistic sales goals, entertainment is focus should be broadband and cell coverage
Dead end
Mobility Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2019
The wrong people lead this company. We have to compete against our other store, our customer service , online, and other departments and the goals get hiigher and higher every year.
Pros
vacation time and union
Cons
honestly bad for your health
Challenging
Entertainment Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 20, 2019
Enjoyed working for AT&T. It was very demanding and challenging but if you worked well, compensation was rewarding. Management fell off the wagon for a while, but after a while things began to catch backup.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Sometimes compensation wasn't too good for the amount of work imput
At&t
Sale Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 16, 2019
ATT was an awesome company, Very fast paced and numbers driven position. I enjoyed being able to satisfy and save the customer the most. The hardest part I would have to say was not being able to retain all customers.
reward the achievers
Sales Consultant - Manager (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMay 11, 2019
over all it was a great company to work for, I made enough $$ to provide for myself comfortable. manager was easy to work with, advancement opportunity was there
Great
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 2, 2019
Great place to work at. Fun and enjoyable. Great co workers. Flexible. Great meetings to get team engagement. Hands on experience. Easy to learn.
Terrible
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOApril 26, 2019
Horrible leadership, very dependent on who you're friends with in upper management if you get promoted or not. Terrible commission pay, although it used to be good.
Pros
Discount
Cons
everything work related
Great company to work for.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2019
Great pay and great benefits. This is a great company to grow with, it provides lots of options to get more training and develop more skills that you can use to advance within the compny
high pressure sales, difficult to give good service
Account Consultant/Sales/Voice/Data (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 22, 2019
Excellent pay, benefits, and if you desire to work remotely with customer visits this can be ideal. Quotas difficult to reach because often too busy working on putting out fires.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Salary, Travel, work from home
Cons
Not many just wish there was more time in the day to get the job done right.
Ok place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2019
This company is not really a customer service company, they are more sales based, I received more coachings for being too customer service and not enough sales oriented
SALES CONSULTANT/CERTIFIED BUSINESS EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 15, 2019
Worst company I've ever worked for. Would not recommend this company to anyone. It's a monstrosity that only looks to continue to take over more and more company's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.

512.7K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AT&T.

Powered by Comparably