AT&T Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Found 1,523 reviews matching the search See all 36,725 reviews
Great
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rantoul, ILJuly 13, 2019
I’m very grateful for the time spent working at AT&T. I’ve had some great coworkers and I’ve learned a lot about dealing with customers and resolving issues that at times seems impossible to resolve. There has been a lot of changes within the company regarding the job I was expected to do.
Every day work day
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  California, MDJuly 10, 2019
I encourage you to go to work everyday in something comfortable and to also be prepared to deal with people whom are upset about their devices as well
Fun job but low pay
sales (Former Employee) –  North Royalton, OHJuly 9, 2019
Traveled a lot and had the hotels payed for and travel payed for but the job had an awful management staff and the pay was extremely low, they made big promises
They are a reputable co.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  444 Michigan aveJuly 9, 2019
They are a reputable comapany with great benifit and well order! They have rewards set up for people who reach quotas, The employees are friendly and helpful.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 8, 2019
Great place to work if you are driven to achieve high sales. The pay is good! The benefits are a definite perk. Only downside is that as a part timer I was made to work 13 hour a day shifts at many times. I did not return after my maternity leave for this reason.
Work was fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKJuly 4, 2019
Work was always fun at the elk city location but that was because of our managers and the coworkers. The higher ups suck and will throw you under the bus to save themselves.
Had a bad experience within the company.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 3, 2019
Had an issue with a manager saying things to me that were inappropriate. When I brought it up to my direct supervisor she told me “You should just leave if that kind of talk bothers you.” So I did.
corporate setting where you were awarded for acheivements
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sorrento, CAJuly 3, 2019
inbound calls. a point system. the more sales the more dollar in commission. we had 7 mins on each call to answer any complaints then review accounts then upgrade and sale..i learned to program, I wrote orders from scratch, I can take calls. memories the script, I can answer.any call do any order from cell to homephone and stayed in top 5. the management supported us. they were are cheerleaders.The hardest part of the job was making sure everything was done correctly. they listened in on all calls. the most enjoyable part of the job was receiving a award for the most manager takeovers. always found the issue..
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJuly 2, 2019
I Loved the team I worked with! Training was great, made me feel like I can handle any objections with confidence.

Always had meetings and updates on what new products that was coming out, and ways to sell.
Pros
Great Leaders, and rewards once quotas were met
Cons
Slow months off commission
Needs more employees
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2019
This is a great company to work for when the stores are staffed correctly. I have learned a lot of leadership skills and how to think on my feet. The best part of the job is being able to communicate with customers and have them leaving the store extremely happy with the customer service that was provided.
Great place to work,flexible.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIJuly 2, 2019
I enjoyed my time at AT&T, although it wasnt for me. Its great for flexibility and anyone who thrives in a social environment. I suggest this job for anyone in school or looking for invest in a career.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 1, 2019
AT&T always had building activities which made us have better experience at sales. We had daily, weekly, and monthly incentives. Typical day at the job was to receive calls and try to sell them AT&T products.
Engaging and challenging
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 28, 2019
Having a sales driven job was exciting to me at the time and I had a great experience with customers while working there. Fun incentives and competitions made the work week and month go by fast.
Pros
perks and benefits for achieving sales goals.
Cons
commission only sometimes didn't pay well.
Great fun place to see new technology coming out !
AT&T Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2019
Great place to see and hear about new phones and other devices coming out before anyone else.

Also it was fun being able to test out the phones before they dropped as well as being an ambassador for whichever brand you liked or used the most.
Productive workplace, excellent co-workers and management
AT&T Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2019
Work hours are normally stable, being that it may vary if you have coworkers out on vacation. The learning experience is always continuous especially since new products and promos are always available to your expense. Management is always there to help you grow and give advice when you may need it. Your coworkers are always there to look out for you. If you are having trouble with a sale just know that there is always someone there to help. The hardest part about the job is not being able to satisfy every customer that may walk through the door. The most enjoyable part of the day is learning that you have turned a bad situation for the customer into a good one.
Depression Central
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 25, 2019
I would love to say that I love my job, I love the customers. Working for AT&T is miserable, some days are worse than others. It's corporate's fault. My store is a very small store in a very small town, the goals set for us by our district manager are unrealistic for what little traffic we get in store, my hours are great, but I won't get my commission if I don't sell at least one direct TV a month, which in my small town, it's practically impossible to do. So not only will I be written up for not selling direct TV, you have to sell a certain amount of everything to reach goals. Now, as I said. I love our customers, most of them are older folks who just need help with their phones and that's perfectly fine. They're sweet and cute. I am very thankful to even have a job, this job has been a blessing until recently. I'm sure that working for a store like this in a larger city would be great, but this small store will never be able to reach the impossible goals set. It's just me and my boss here and my schedule gets thrown around, I won't have two consecutive days off soon, which- I'm a kid. There's nothing I can do with just one day off, I can't travel, I can't do anything. I am miserable and I never used to be that way here until they made everything so unrealistic and impossible.
Pros
An Hour lunch, I guess
Cons
Mostly Everything
Heaven and H*ll literally
Entertainment Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2019
AT&T is like heaven and h*ll literally. You may meet your sales quotas 50% of the time and when you do the pay is AMAZING. They give you all kind of incentives but when you dont make your sales quotas you will only get paid for what you sell and you are guaranteed to get written up. If you get written up for not making sales quotas you are guaranteed to be fired. The customers are terrible! You get cursed out and get disrespected like 5 times a day and theres nothing you can do about it. That place drove me into depression literally until they fired me. I think I was happier being fired than working there.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Management, sales quotas, customers
Loved working for At&t
AT&T Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 25, 2019
At&t is a great company to work for, it was the best job I’ve ever had, the pay was excellent and the overall experience was amazing, I left because I was having a baby am
Commission structure has changed - more difficult to hit sales goals
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 25, 2019
Everything was about DirecTV Now when I left the company. Commission goals constantly change, so never get too comfortable once you figure how to reach sales targets.
Pros
Decent health insurance plan
Cons
Shifts work based on tenure and bidding
Productive environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIJune 24, 2019
The employees within the store locations become like family and everyone pushes each other to do better. Sometimes the corporate numbers wanted can be high, but with enough tenacity can be reached. Management varies from store to store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.

512.7K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AT&T.

Powered by Comparably