AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 33,927 reviews matching the search See all 36,200 reviews
Mentally exhausting at times.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 14, 2019
Great job. I work in Texh Support. However after a while the job gets mentally exhausting. For me at least. It gets hard at times. And knowing people always call in with a problem eventually got the best of me. However the pay is more than I could have asked for in a starting position.
The company does not have good- work life balance. The skills acquired at the company are not easily transferable.
Digital Service Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2019
The pay is not worth the work. The work-life balance is sub-par. The skills are not readily transferable. The older you become the less valuable u are.
Pros
The benefits are ok.
Cons
The older you become the less valuable you become to the company.
Pay is great
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2019
However, you will work long hours and be expected to do work beyond what is described. They don't tell you that you have to shake every customers hand and open the door for them. They don't tell you about using 5 key behaviors and having to demo (broken demos) on repeat customers as manager observes the conversation. Management has a gossip culture and promote their favorites regardless of performance.
Pros
Pay
Cons
everything else.
Productive but very 'clique' and hard to succeed
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJune 14, 2019
This was a very good 'filer' job. Since this company was a 3rd party contracted out and i did not get the chance to work Directly from ATT i feel as though i cannot provide appropriate feedback.
Good benefits, horrible everything else
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 14, 2019
Since AT&T accrued the most debt of any private company ever the company has really taken a turn for the worse. The hours are not set in stone and you never know when you will get to go home. They are not providing adequate material for the job. The job is very stressful and you will be required to follow new guidelines weekly. The pay is good but overall there is no growth opportunity in Austin and the job just generally isn't worth the trouble.
Relaxing place to work
DBA and technical lead (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 14, 2019
As a contractor, I worked with a lot of permanent employees that were fun and supportive. However I did not find the same level of expertise among members that I typically find in my contract positions. In particular the management was not able to grasp project and technical ideas without some high level presentations.
AT&T is an awesome job that is completely diverse.
Account Clerk at AT&T (Current Employee) –  4331 Communications Dr Dallas txJune 14, 2019
Best job with awesome insurance and great benefits! Wages are great and hours mean the world to me. I recommend them. My jobs have all been doable and I've learn alot working there.
You make your pay
Retail sales associate (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 14, 2019
Store traffic is not going up, as corporate hires more people they increase sale metrics. Hard to reach goals for commission. Corporate is separating from the lowly sales people.
Run if tou have childern that are young and you sont have alot of support
AT&T Call center (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2019
Horrible on life work balance. Dont acfet doctors notes for sick leave so you get pointed and if you get 8 point you are terminated. Mandatory overtime even you worked 10hours already. Change you hours every six months and you have bid for the shift tou want based on seniority. Your kid is sick they do not care, it a point. Chbage teams every 6 months Good pay. Decent time off that paid dont get til 6 months in. Lief happens in between time
No room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cerritos CaJune 14, 2019
Was there 12 years never was promoted. Instead they promise you’ll be offline and you do work other people get paid more for. Management is for the most part Drama.
Pros
Vacation, decent pay and benefits
Cons
Call center drama and politics are extreme
Great Opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHJune 14, 2019
I had great opportunities from AT&T to succeed and move up in the company not all of the staff have good intentions but most do. The work culture was good everyone tried to be upbeat and positive. This job is daunting and extremely (mentally) hard work. I was at this job for almost 5 years and it was hard to leave but the negatives at the time out weighed the positives.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, good people to work with
Cons
Work life balance was terrible, sales was the main focus over doing the right thing, the work was exhausting
Previous employer
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 14, 2019
It has been a long time since I've worked for At&t. I left because there was not any opportunity for growth at the time I was there & I reached a cap at the amount of money I could make. Not a bad company to work for. This particular call center location/area did not have opportunity for growth.
40 years at AT&T
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedminster, NJJune 14, 2019
I saw many changes throughout the company in my 40 years. During the past 4-5 years it has become very difficult due to competition and downsizing. The workload for those left was extreme.
Great customers, lousy workplace
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Scotch Plains, NJJune 14, 2019
As it was not a corporate store, the manager took way too many liberties with my scheduling and went as far as transferring me to another store miles away from my home with only very expensive public transit as a means for me to get to and from work. The manager was also very unscrupulous and encouraged me to omit information customers needed which went against core competencies from AT&T
Unfair
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2019
I was unfairly fired from this company,which is really sad,because I loved working for them. I missed two days(one during training)and the other because I was sick due to being pregnant with high blood pressure and migraines. I made my hours up for the second time I missed,my points were taken off my attendance. As soon as we switched managers,my points mysteriously appeared back on my attendance. I spoke with my manager at the time about it,he said he would handle it(he did not)They have a union that don't do anything for you. Before I made up my hours I specifically spoke with someone from the union about this matter,because I did not want to be fired,he insisted that if I did not have a lot of absences or being late that he would fight for me. Well that was a lie,the same person that told me that was the same person who said NOTHING when I was being fired,was even asked if he had anything to say and he said NO. After being let go,I applied for unemployment,well of course they have to reach out to the job,well AT&T failed me again because they lied. They told unemployment two DIFFERENT stories,but unemployment was to stupid to see it. So all in all,I was fired from AT&T,evicted from place(that i just moved into)and denied unemployment all due to unfairly being fired and lies from AT&T.
Pros
Pay and coworkers
Cons
Management, Area Manager Anita
Productive and competitive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 13, 2019
A typical day at work consist of every morning observing company metric for each technician, if tech isn't meeting that metric I would have a documented discussion regarding their day. I would spend time going over the whole teams numbers. Get out into the field to do Safety and quality observation and coaching with each tech that I visited that day.
I learned how to be a good communicator with employees that had areas of opportunity. I also learned how to motivate my team into becoming a top performing team.
Love this place!!!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 13, 2019
AT&T is a great place to work!!!!. The environment itself is a wonderful place to be. Every job has its cons but the good outweighs the bad. The pay is even better and they’re not stingy with the money! And the discounts are amazing!
Pros
Discounts, work environment, benefits
Cons
Some management
Awesome place to work
Premier Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaJune 13, 2019
Very homely feeling great place to work allows you to go for your full potential and a lot of people here to help with whatever you want to do in life
Doesn't walk the talk
Business CS Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 13, 2019
AT&T likes to market itself as caring to both customers and employees, however the company's actual practices often go against the very company goals they claim to be aiming for.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
Everything else
AT&T does not care about the employees
DSL Tier II Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Richardson TXJune 13, 2019
I do not recommend anyone to work for AT&T. There is no loyalty from this company. They will lay you off in a heart beat, you are nothing but a number. the only way to go anywhere is who you know. I tell people to run the other way. The pay is really good the stress is almost not worth it!! HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
Pros
pay rate
Cons
monitor every step you take, even to go to the bathroom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.

512.6K

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight