AXA Advisors Employee Reviews

Traditional Product Agency
Prospective Regional VP (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 11, 2019
Old school insurance agency model with modern spin. Not in line with current, and certainly future, of financial advising. Highly product focused and commission dependent. Creates more of a "Have and Have Not" culture for agents, then reward for hard work and doing right by the client.

Plenty of good talk from managers, but little to back it up as an organization. Unless you reach a high level of production (which I suspect would offer similar rewards anywhere), expect extra struggles. You will be charged expenses to remain employed, you will receive bonus payouts primarily on proprietary products only, and if you create a large, passive income, renewal based book, then do not assume you will even have benefits.
Pros
Benefits(if you qualify), Upside comp(commission only), Autonomy
Cons
Operations, Mgmt., Pay structure
Terrible
Operations Manager - Financial Compass Group, LLC (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJanuary 8, 2019
Terrible place to work. You are made very aware of the fact that you are always and easily replaceable. Support staff are expected to work their 40 hours and then some without any additional compensation, recognition, appreciation, flexibility or additional benefits. A simple, Thank You, would make all the difference. Support staff work tirelessly to support and produce to increase the pockets of the advisors/FPs without any opportunity for growth personally, professionally and monetarily. Go to John Hancock. They at least treat staff with respect, provide reasonable compensation, benefits, work life balance and opportunity for growth.
AXA Advisors - Jacksonville
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 11, 2018
The training process throughout the first 3 years is very extensive and allows you to become an expert very quickly.

The team in the office feels more like a family than like coworkers

No income limit - You can make as much as you earn

You create your own calendar so the work/life balance is very achievable

Management is very helpful and very involved in the process
Pros
Flexible Calendar / No cap on pay / Great management
Cons
First few years require a lot of hard work and determination
Career Changer Paradise
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2018
Pro's

-No ceiling to you growth
-Uncapped earning potential
-Management cares about your success
-Best platform in the industry
-Teamwork makes the dream work!
-You can 100% control your career trajectory
-The best work life balance I've ever had
-Truly a family here #AXAfamily

Con's

I came from the medical sales industry which I saw a lot of success but hated that I had no control over my trajectory. So moving to the world of finance was a HUGE breath of fresh air, you are no longer on the hamster wheel. So like any career that you can make a ton of money in you have to put in a lot of hours to perfect your craft and get better every day. That is not a con, it is a fact. If you are not willing to work harder and longer hours early in your career then you will not be successful.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant, Branch Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2018
Depending in which sector you are in the management varies. The corporate culture is very fast paced. There is little work life balance at AXA starting out. The company offers great benefits and compensation.
Innovation & Teaming
Executive Vice President (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 11, 2018
This is a fast-paced collaborative environment where colleagues are constantly thinking about ways to better serve clients. Leadership is focused on training and developing advisors and combining unique-abilities to drive the business. Must have a responsible mindset and be willing to work 60+ hrs. per week in the first 4 yrs in order to build the business.
Pros
Career path options and serving clients
Cons
Long hours and ups and downs in income
A good opportunity to get into the business
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 26, 2018
Great culture and support at the branch level. Corporate culture is totally disconnected from the branch and its employees and often make decisions with only themselves considered. Insurance products are good, annuities are okay. This is a great place to get licensed work for a year or so and then move on.
Pros
Great opportunity to get into management
Cons
high expenses, marginal products, very poor corporate culture
Energetic and fast paced work environment
Executive Assistant to the Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2019
The environment at AXA is a very energetic, fast paced environment. There is never a time where i was bored or felt like the day was dragging.

Technology is a major issue however. it can take weeks-months to get you completely on board and set up. If you happen to forget your password, it is a long process to retrieve it.

As far as leadership, like any place, there are some leaders that understand what it takes to actually lead a group of professionals and provide support when needed and then there are the ones that sit back and rely on their team to figure it out, and bring the money in.

Salary is not great unless you are a licensed advisors and able to make commission as well. If you are a regular staff member, the base salary is very low with minimal increases and bonuses.
Solid company with solid products
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time with AXA. I got along well with fellow employees and with my management team. I learned a great deal about the industry with I appreciate. Compensation was solid.
Pros
Good pay structure. Good management team.
Cons
Commission only. Highly stressful industry position.
Its a tough grind
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 28, 2018
AXA is an international company with plenty to teach. Its definitely a tough industry full of long hours and potential for great earnings. If completely committed, you will be successful and the management team knows their stuff and are very knowledgeable.
Know people who have assets
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 13, 2018
If you cannot make at least 40k a year in Production credits, you will fail at this career. one production credit as a rule is equal to 3% of the total dollars you bring into the firm. It can be higher for life insurance. Trails are not PCable, something they neglect to tell you.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Very little support from management when starting
Increasing Wrokload decreasing pay scale
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 2, 2018
As an Advisor you are always trying to find new clients and SELL prospects on whatever financial product you are pitching.

As time goes on you have to add in service for your existing clients on top of what you are already doing. This means a lot of long days that extend into evening hours. Oh and you split an assistant with about 20 other advisors so there is very little support for 3-5 year advisors.

Also you get paid either salary and 1/2 commission. or a decreasing over time commission plus bonus model. Bonus percentage goes down from 30% yr1 to 20% yr2 and 15% yr3. So you are working more and making at best the same.

Thiis is not a job for people who want to have a life outside of work. Work = Life and mnagement never lets you forget that.
Pros
flexible work hours as you can come and go as you please but will be shamed for going
Cons
Decreasing bonus, healthcare subsidy based on production
Depends on the manager
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2019
I had a great first few years and then management changed and the culture became awful.
If you have a great manager and they actually have a branch leader it can be a great place to work.
Excellent platform for a financial services practice
Regional VP (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2018
-Comprehensive training program helped me learn the industry from scratch.

-AXA has some proprietary products and an 'open architecture' model to offer other products beyond AXA.

-I like that I can offer my clients more than just insurance products or just investment products like most other firms.

-AXA helped me get my CFP designation as well as my Series 7 and 66 when I first started.

-Collaborative work environment, people are always willing to help work on client cases together.

-It may not be for everyone, but I like the compensation model: the harder you work the more money you make. I really feel like I am paid for the work I am doing.

-Incredible work life balance. You get to create your own schedule. It seems like the people who fail out end up taking advantage of this freedom.

-Compliance, operations, marketing folks are available whenever I need them.

-If you work really hard here you can make a lot of money. That always made sense to me.
Pros
Unlimited earnings potential, work life balance
Cons
Hard work, especially in the first few years
It's a tough place to work, even if you have a few years of .experience and the turnover rate is over 80%
Investment Adviser Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2018
I would get to the office before the markets opened. I would use this time to catch up on my emails and then organize my day. Between 7:00 am I would start calling C-Suite management as well as any job title that was director or higher. I would start again about 9:00 am and would call until 11:40 depending on whether I have client meetings. Although I am an excellent cold caller/ prospector, that to me was the hardest thing for me but once I picked up the phone the anxiety fades away and I am able to book 4-7 appointments a day. Although I am on the phone and book my appointments, I know that I am a much better salesman in person. One thing I really enjoy is helping the new employees, writing scripts for them and listen to their call. All of the new people I helped, everyone of them became good producers and did very well ( I would consider teaching to be the most enjoyable part of the job)
Cons
terrible Healthcare, no matter what your production number is, they still only subsidize between 50-55%
Be ready to Grind!
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2018
Running door to door to chase after teachers for lousy applications. Success depends on where you're located.
Not much support from management
It does teach you how to manage your time well and teaches you how to accept being told no
Pros
Teaches you a lot about yourself and how to push hard for a sale
Cons
Constant grind, they say you "make it" quickly but it takes more than 5 years to "make it", the pay is awful and you lose your salary after 2 years, Mangers are only there to take care of themselves, have no problem helping you close a case but will take 50% when they didn't do 50% of the work
Fast paced environment
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Typical day was to find new clients by cold calling, email blasts, business to business meetings, school functions and community involvement. Fast paced and challenging as there is not a salary for your efforts.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential
Cons
High turnover and no base salary
great place to start a business careers
Financial Sales Professional Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYOctober 12, 2018
I would attend once a week because it was an internship. My day would begin with meeting my manager and he would assign me a couple of tasks. The environment and culture of the work place was great .
Very competitive and fast paced
Lead Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2018
Starting out you are working close to 50-60 hours/week. A lot of cold calling and your typical sales job. You can see people who work there are stressed and are working to keep a full schedule each day. Commission base salary so it is up to you to make your salary, nothing is guaranteed.
Not for the weak minded
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 12, 2018
If you're up for a challenge, if you're a fighter, give it a shot.
You will grow.
If you're someone inundated with instant gratification, you will not make it in this career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA Advisors. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight