AXA Advisors Employee Reviews

.none
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 18, 2018
Develop a book of business from existing relationships and create new relationships to with other professionals to generate a healthy referral source of clients.
Know people who have assets
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 13, 2018
If you cannot make at least 40k a year in Production credits, you will fail at this career. one production credit as a rule is equal to 3% of the total dollars you bring into the firm. It can be higher for life insurance. Trails are not PCable, something they neglect to tell you.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Very little support from management when starting
Review
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2018
It was OK company to work for.
The company had a good environment there. The empolyee was good people to work with and the manager was also good peoples to work with.
All expenses for position as Financial Professional are paid by employee, and are very expensive.
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 28, 2018
Great training programs, excellent team work, best practices for serving customers is excellent, products offered to customers is of excellent quality. The expenses that must be paid by employees in order to conduct business are very expensive.
Pros
Very knowledgable fellow employees.
Cons
Expenses required to be paid by employees are very expensive.
Bad work place
Branch Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 27, 2018
Hated it, Not a place that growth was encouraged or good work was rewarded. There was never support from management, Questions were not encouraged....
Great Company
Administrative Assistant, Branch Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2018
Depending in which sector you are in the management varies. The corporate culture is very fast paced. There is little work life balance at AXA starting out. The company offers great benefits and compensation.
Absolutely great
Executive Assistant and Client Relationship Manger (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2018
Wonderful management, great environment. I would recommend them to anyone. I gave exposure to a new field and I had an absolutely amazing and inspiring experience there.
productive and fun work place
Financial Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
Great company to work for! Great managers lots of challenges to help you meet goals and requirements. Meetings are fun and interesting. When meeting with clients there is always something new to learn.
Great colleagues, great mentors, opportunity for growth
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2018
Was responsible for assisting and advising individuals and small businesses to protect themselves and their families by implementing various financial strategies. Strategies implemented were derived from financial planning/forecasting software. Duties included: direct prospecting via phone and in person; conducting sales presentations; handling and overcoming objections; educating clients; closing the sale/recommendation; and follow-up to ensure client/advisor relationships. Provided clients with a full suite of services and financial products including: life insurance, long-term disability, long-term care, annuities, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, managed accounts, and fee based planning. Also worked with small businesses funding buy-sell agreements, implementing retirement plans, COLI, and key man insurance.
Great Place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 19, 2018
Great place to work with lots of training available! The culture is very good, it can be stressful at times but everyone is willing to help each other.
Fast paced, challenging.
Lead Manager - Illinois Branch Controls (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 17, 2018
Fast paced, challenging, rewarding. Position, although structured, allows you to be creative, work with various departments within the Firm, including the sales and compliance sides of the business.
Pros
Challenging, allows you to be a self starter.
Cons
It's a tough place to work, even if you have a few years of .experience and the turnover rate is over 80%
Investment Adviser Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2018
I would get to the office before the markets opened. I would use this time to catch up on my emails and then organize my day. Between 7:00 am I would start calling C-Suite management as well as any job title that was director or higher. I would start again about 9:00 am and would call until 11:40 depending on whether I have client meetings. Although I am an excellent cold caller/ prospector, that to me was the hardest thing for me but once I picked up the phone the anxiety fades away and I am able to book 4-7 appointments a day. Although I am on the phone and book my appointments, I know that I am a much better salesman in person. One thing I really enjoy is helping the new employees, writing scripts for them and listen to their call. All of the new people I helped, everyone of them became good producers and did very well ( I would consider teaching to be the most enjoyable part of the job)
Cons
terrible Healthcare, no matter what your production number is, they still only subsidize between 50-55%
Belong to top 1%
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2018
Being a financial adviser is not an easy job. If you are looking for top 1%, then you are coming to a right place. I'm not saying it will be easy. but they do have solution and help you on your way up. More than 50% failure rate for the 1st year is normal in this job. But if you are welling to sacrifice first 3 years to exchange your time freedom. I think is worth it.
Pros
freedom on work schedule
Cons
1st 3-5 years need to work extra hard.
Glad it's over
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOJune 25, 2018
This was a painful learning experience. Company pushes brokers to sell costly policies and forego what the customer actually needs at the expense of the broker.
Not honest about job description for any position I have seen
Branch Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 14, 2018
Very committed as many are to hiring a younger "good looking" pool of candidates. Not willing to advance older experienced people in support positions only in sales, "you should be grateful" to have your job. Time off is extremely good and if you are getting ready to have a family 4 months maternity leave. Not much as far as retirement goes for the size of the company. Good but not great health insurance. Funny since this is primarily an Insurance firm 1st and a Financial firm 2nd. Sell it don't give it.
Smart and caring leadership
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 14, 2018
While the job is challenging, the leadership is strong and takes time to coach and develop. Innovative and industry leading sales process with uncapped potential
Great place
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 12, 2018
Great Job and place to work.

Our individual and group life insurance policies encompass both savings and retirement products, on the one hand, and other health and personal protection products.

We protect assets

The asset management business involves investing and managing assets for the Group's insurance companies and their clients, as well as for third parties, both retail and institutional clientsnd Company to work for.
nice place to work
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 11, 2018
Relaxed environment. If you are proficient at prospecting, this will be a rewarding career. Management does the best they can with what they have. Excellent training program
Annuity Chopshop
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJune 1, 2018
Company only cares about selling proprietary insurance products. Replacement of annuities was a given on a daily basis. HIre the masses, train em in classes then fire their behinds. Run away, don't walk.
Career Changer Paradise
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2018
Pro's

-No ceiling to you growth
-Uncapped earning potential
-Management cares about your success
-Best platform in the industry
-Teamwork makes the dream work!
-You can 100% control your career trajectory
-The best work life balance I've ever had
-Truly a family here #AXAfamily

Con's

I came from the medical sales industry which I saw a lot of success but hated that I had no control over my trajectory. So moving to the world of finance was a HUGE breath of fresh air, you are no longer on the hamster wheel. So like any career that you can make a ton of money in you have to put in a lot of hours to perfect your craft and get better every day. That is not a con, it is a fact. If you are not willing to work harder and longer hours early in your career then you will not be successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA Advisors. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight