AXA Advisors Employee Reviews

Not for the weak minded
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 12, 2018
If you're up for a challenge, if you're a fighter, give it a shot.
You will grow.
If you're someone inundated with instant gratification, you will not make it in this career.
weekly training
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 12, 2018
AXA provide excellent training for new Advisors is excellent runs Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Wednesdays are for different wholesalers to visit and share new information.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
nothing
okay
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 31, 2018
Very typical of a life and annuity company. Very open architecture. THey have almost every offering under the sun. However very minimal admin support. Completely on your own.
On your own
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 31, 2018
AXA does little to invest in their employees. It is more of a numbers game where they hire as many college graduates as the can and see which ones "stick".
Inter experience was pleasant
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 27, 2018
Interning there gave me a snapshot of the financial services industry which really helped develop an idea of how I wanted to proceed in my career after finishing college.
A good opportunity to get into the business
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 26, 2018
Great culture and support at the branch level. Corporate culture is totally disconnected from the branch and its employees and often make decisions with only themselves considered. Insurance products are good, annuities are okay. This is a great place to get licensed work for a year or so and then move on.
Pros
Great opportunity to get into management
Cons
high expenses, marginal products, very poor corporate culture
Good Team Atmosphere
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 23, 2018
Great place to begin your career in the financial services industry. Dedicated systems to make sure if you can survive for 4 years you will be succesful.
If you are good at it you will do well, for most people avoid
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAOctober 22, 2018
This is a job that is commission only, I think that is awful I would recommend most people avoid it like the plague, the information provided sucked and it took forever to get paid anything but hey at least I didn't have to do much most days.
Solid company with solid products
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time with AXA. I got along well with fellow employees and with my management team. I learned a great deal about the industry with I appreciate. Compensation was solid.
Pros
Good pay structure. Good management team.
Cons
Commission only. Highly stressful industry position.
Fast-Paced, Numbers Driven, Stressful Workplace
Financial Professional (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 16, 2018
Managers don't give a fook about you. Only looking for increasing their own numbers. Little training, even smaller margins for getting payed. Expect you to do everything on your own with little involvement. Look elsewhere unless you have some strange reason not to.
Traditional work culture
Salesforce Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 14, 2018
Worked with multiple licensed professionals on cases dealing with Life Insurance policies, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and many other financial products. Eventually proposing these opportunities to potential clients.
Pros
Freedom, Self starting, Competitive
Cons
Slower Paced
great place to start a business careers
Financial Sales Professional Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYOctober 12, 2018
I would attend once a week because it was an internship. My day would begin with meeting my manager and he would assign me a couple of tasks. The environment and culture of the work place was great .
Excellent Company - Cares about its employees and their success
FINANCIAL ADVISOR - Pre Employment Personnel (PEP) (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 10, 2018
I left the company during the pre-employment phase as I became less interested in the position of Financial Adviser that I was hired for and studying to pass financial exams to actually be hired.

My experience there was great. The company is very interested in their employees succeeding and will go to all ends to support and make that happen. As far as the company goes, I was sorry to leave them for those reasons.
Increasing Wrokload decreasing pay scale
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 2, 2018
As an Advisor you are always trying to find new clients and SELL prospects on whatever financial product you are pitching.

As time goes on you have to add in service for your existing clients on top of what you are already doing. This means a lot of long days that extend into evening hours. Oh and you split an assistant with about 20 other advisors so there is very little support for 3-5 year advisors.

Also you get paid either salary and 1/2 commission. or a decreasing over time commission plus bonus model. Bonus percentage goes down from 30% yr1 to 20% yr2 and 15% yr3. So you are working more and making at best the same.

Thiis is not a job for people who want to have a life outside of work. Work = Life and mnagement never lets you forget that.
Pros
flexible work hours as you can come and go as you please but will be shamed for going
Cons
Decreasing bonus, healthcare subsidy based on production
Very competitive and fast paced
Lead Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2018
Starting out you are working close to 50-60 hours/week. A lot of cold calling and your typical sales job. You can see people who work there are stressed and are working to keep a full schedule each day. Commission base salary so it is up to you to make your salary, nothing is guaranteed.
.none
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 18, 2018
Develop a book of business from existing relationships and create new relationships to with other professionals to generate a healthy referral source of clients.
Know people who have assets
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 13, 2018
If you cannot make at least 40k a year in Production credits, you will fail at this career. one production credit as a rule is equal to 3% of the total dollars you bring into the firm. It can be higher for life insurance. Trails are not PCable, something they neglect to tell you.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Very little support from management when starting
Review
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2018
It was OK company to work for.
The company had a good environment there. The empolyee was good people to work with and the manager was also good peoples to work with.
All expenses for position as Financial Professional are paid by employee, and are very expensive.
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 28, 2018
Great training programs, excellent team work, best practices for serving customers is excellent, products offered to customers is of excellent quality. The expenses that must be paid by employees in order to conduct business are very expensive.
Pros
Very knowledgable fellow employees.
Cons
Expenses required to be paid by employees are very expensive.
Bad work place
Branch Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 27, 2018
Hated it, Not a place that growth was encouraged or good work was rewarded. There was never support from management, Questions were not encouraged....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA Advisors. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight