AXA Advisors Employee Reviews

productive and fun work place
Financial Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
Great company to work for! Great managers lots of challenges to help you meet goals and requirements. Meetings are fun and interesting. When meeting with clients there is always something new to learn.
Great colleagues, great mentors, opportunity for growth
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2018
Was responsible for assisting and advising individuals and small businesses to protect themselves and their families by implementing various financial strategies. Strategies implemented were derived from financial planning/forecasting software. Duties included: direct prospecting via phone and in person; conducting sales presentations; handling and overcoming objections; educating clients; closing the sale/recommendation; and follow-up to ensure client/advisor relationships. Provided clients with a full suite of services and financial products including: life insurance, long-term disability, long-term care, annuities, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, managed accounts, and fee based planning. Also worked with small businesses funding buy-sell agreements, implementing retirement plans, COLI, and key man insurance.
Great Place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 19, 2018
Great place to work with lots of training available! The culture is very good, it can be stressful at times but everyone is willing to help each other.
Fast paced, challenging.
Lead Manager - Illinois Branch Controls (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 17, 2018
Fast paced, challenging, rewarding. Position, although structured, allows you to be creative, work with various departments within the Firm, including the sales and compliance sides of the business.
Pros
Challenging, allows you to be a self starter.
Cons
It's a tough place to work, even if you have a few years of .experience and the turnover rate is over 80%
Investment Adviser Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2018
I would get to the office before the markets opened. I would use this time to catch up on my emails and then organize my day. Between 7:00 am I would start calling C-Suite management as well as any job title that was director or higher. I would start again about 9:00 am and would call until 11:40 depending on whether I have client meetings. Although I am an excellent cold caller/ prospector, that to me was the hardest thing for me but once I picked up the phone the anxiety fades away and I am able to book 4-7 appointments a day. Although I am on the phone and book my appointments, I know that I am a much better salesman in person. One thing I really enjoy is helping the new employees, writing scripts for them and listen to their call. All of the new people I helped, everyone of them became good producers and did very well ( I would consider teaching to be the most enjoyable part of the job)
Cons
terrible Healthcare, no matter what your production number is, they still only subsidize between 50-55%
Belong to top 1%
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2018
Being a financial adviser is not an easy job. If you are looking for top 1%, then you are coming to a right place. I'm not saying it will be easy. but they do have solution and help you on your way up. More than 50% failure rate for the 1st year is normal in this job. But if you are welling to sacrifice first 3 years to exchange your time freedom. I think is worth it.
Pros
freedom on work schedule
Cons
1st 3-5 years need to work extra hard.
Glad it's over
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOJune 25, 2018
This was a painful learning experience. Company pushes brokers to sell costly policies and forego what the customer actually needs at the expense of the broker.
Not honest about job description for any position I have seen
Branch Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 14, 2018
Very committed as many are to hiring a younger "good looking" pool of candidates. Not willing to advance older experienced people in support positions only in sales, "you should be grateful" to have your job. Time off is extremely good and if you are getting ready to have a family 4 months maternity leave. Not much as far as retirement goes for the size of the company. Good but not great health insurance. Funny since this is primarily an Insurance firm 1st and a Financial firm 2nd. Sell it don't give it.
Smart and caring leadership
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 14, 2018
While the job is challenging, the leadership is strong and takes time to coach and develop. Innovative and industry leading sales process with uncapped potential
Great place
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 12, 2018
Great Job and place to work.

Our individual and group life insurance policies encompass both savings and retirement products, on the one hand, and other health and personal protection products.

We protect assets

The asset management business involves investing and managing assets for the Group's insurance companies and their clients, as well as for third parties, both retail and institutional clientsnd Company to work for.
nice place to work
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 11, 2018
Relaxed environment. If you are proficient at prospecting, this will be a rewarding career. Management does the best they can with what they have. Excellent training program
Annuity Chopshop
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJune 1, 2018
Company only cares about selling proprietary insurance products. Replacement of annuities was a given on a daily basis. HIre the masses, train em in classes then fire their behinds. Run away, don't walk.
Career Changer Paradise
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2018
Pro's

-No ceiling to you growth
-Uncapped earning potential
-Management cares about your success
-Best platform in the industry
-Teamwork makes the dream work!
-You can 100% control your career trajectory
-The best work life balance I've ever had
-Truly a family here #AXAfamily

Con's

I came from the medical sales industry which I saw a lot of success but hated that I had no control over my trajectory. So moving to the world of finance was a HUGE breath of fresh air, you are no longer on the hamster wheel. So like any career that you can make a ton of money in you have to put in a lot of hours to perfect your craft and get better every day. That is not a con, it is a fact. If you are not willing to work harder and longer hours early in your career then you will not be successful.
Productive and positive place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2018
The executive team that I worked with was productive and ethical. They seemed to really care about the clients they worked with. The overall work environment was positive and professional.
Pros
hours were flexible.
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Excellent platform for a financial services practice
Regional VP (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2018
-Comprehensive training program helped me learn the industry from scratch.

-AXA has some proprietary products and an 'open architecture' model to offer other products beyond AXA.

-I like that I can offer my clients more than just insurance products or just investment products like most other firms.

-AXA helped me get my CFP designation as well as my Series 7 and 66 when I first started.

-Collaborative work environment, people are always willing to help work on client cases together.

-It may not be for everyone, but I like the compensation model: the harder you work the more money you make. I really feel like I am paid for the work I am doing.

-Incredible work life balance. You get to create your own schedule. It seems like the people who fail out end up taking advantage of this freedom.

-Compliance, operations, marketing folks are available whenever I need them.

-If you work really hard here you can make a lot of money. That always made sense to me.
Pros
Unlimited earnings potential, work life balance
Cons
Hard work, especially in the first few years
Productive work place, fun co-workers, nice parties
Assistant to VP (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company, it just didn't work out for me in the long run. My direct manager was great to work for, they just couldn't work with me with vacation time.
Pros
Flexible hours, nice manager
Cons
Poor relations with CFO
Very Productive work place
Financial Professional (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 15, 2018
Training was excellent, the Syracuse branch provides all of the tools needed to succeed through their advanced training methods. I would highly recommend the position to young entrepreneurs looking to start a career in the financial service industry
Lead Manager - Broker Dealer Product Management (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 5, 2018
The best part of my job is that I get to work with great people. I enjoy the responsibilities of my role and I have learned a lot during my time at the company.
Big mistake!!
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMay 2, 2018
I was sold on the dream that they pitch of “unlimited income,” “being your own boss,” etc. But, one thing I noticed about AXA is, they maximize the good stuff, but never, ever mention bad news. This makes its employees think everything is good all the time. Lack of communication was a big issue in my location. Extremely important information (i.e. bad news) wasn’t shared with individuals until it was too late to do anything about it. Management does a good job of appearing to be encouraging when they really only care about lining their pockets. Contract employees have to pay for practically everything, including equipment, supplies, gas, travel, software and program subscriptions, etc. The company itself takes so much of the revenue from your own business that you’re often working for literally nothing. If you don’t mind going thru years of emotional, mental & financial stress to one day, perhaps, have “success,” go for it. Otherwise, save yourself!
Very productive and a great place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bala, PAMay 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at AXA Advisors, unfortunately, my boss had to reduce my hours and I had to leave because I could not afford to work 3 days per weeks.

Typical day at work, calling clients, preparing quarterly and annual client reviews, making travel arrangements, accounts (tax prep work), making daily bank deposits, accounts payable and receivable.

Everyone at AXA was a pleasure to work with... if you ever had a question about anything you weren't sure of, all you had to do was ask.
Pros
Great work place environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA Advisors. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight