AXA Advisors Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive work place, fun co-workers, nice parties
Assistant to VP (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company, it just didn't work out for me in the long run. My direct manager was great to work for, they just couldn't work with me with vacation time.
Pros
Flexible hours, nice manager
Cons
Poor relations with CFO
Very Productive work place
Financial Professional (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 15, 2018
Training was excellent, the Syracuse branch provides all of the tools needed to succeed through their advanced training methods. I would highly recommend the position to young entrepreneurs looking to start a career in the financial service industry
Lead Manager - Broker Dealer Product Management (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 5, 2018
The best part of my job is that I get to work with great people. I enjoy the responsibilities of my role and I have learned a lot during my time at the company.
Big mistake!!
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMay 2, 2018
I was sold on the dream that they pitch of “unlimited income,” “being your own boss,” etc. But, one thing I noticed about AXA is, they maximize the good stuff, but never, ever mention bad news. This makes its employees think everything is good all the time. Lack of communication was a big issue in my location. Extremely important information (i.e. bad news) wasn’t shared with individuals until it was too late to do anything about it. Management does a good job of appearing to be encouraging when they really only care about lining their pockets. Contract employees have to pay for practically everything, including equipment, supplies, gas, travel, software and program subscriptions, etc. The company itself takes so much of the revenue from your own business that you’re often working for literally nothing. If you don’t mind going thru years of emotional, mental & financial stress to one day, perhaps, have “success,” go for it. Otherwise, save yourself!
Very productive and a great place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bala, PAMay 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at AXA Advisors, unfortunately, my boss had to reduce my hours and I had to leave because I could not afford to work 3 days per weeks.

Typical day at work, calling clients, preparing quarterly and annual client reviews, making travel arrangements, accounts (tax prep work), making daily bank deposits, accounts payable and receivable.

Everyone at AXA was a pleasure to work with... if you ever had a question about anything you weren't sure of, all you had to do was ask.
Pros
Great work place environment
Bad
Financial Professional (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHApril 24, 2018
If you can make it on your own, then this is a wonderful place to work. A lot of the job is learning as you go, so a background in the industry is really a must.
Don't really remember
Team member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2018
i worked for axa right after getting my securities licensing about 15+ years ago. i worked in the indy office and my manager took another job right before my first day.
High-stressed
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 17, 2018
100% commission-based sales. Rigid pyramid culture where associates strongly-encouraged to utilize more established advisors for business due to their experience, eating into earning potential.
Do not do!
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2018
This job is perfect for someone who has family/friends who are in need on retirement planning and or investing needs. If you are someone who doesnt have family or friends to sell too....Good luck....very long hours.. you do not have a salary or get paid.
Pleasant work environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2018
Very caring staff. If you have a question you can feel comfortable asking a coworker. People bring in sweets to share and everyone is overall very friendly.
High Potential with sacrifice of personal life
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COApril 6, 2018
Axa is a good place for those who do not have a lot of personal commitments, or family obligations. It requires an extensive amount of time calling out to clients and "farming" you personal network to solicit business. While they say it is at your pace, in order to meet sales quotas expect to spend 60 or more hours per week. Additionally, be ready to active solicit your friends and family for business and referrals.
Fun yet productive place to work
Financial Professional Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 5, 2018
Everyday had a new challenge to face but there is plenty of support to help anyone, from those that are new to the industry to those that have decades of experience. The emphasis is on collaborative work and engaging clients with integrity and transparency.
Pros
You are your own boss and you determine your income.
Cons
You are your own boss and lack of discipline will be your detriment.
Very professional, hands on, and competitive environment
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2018
The other advisers were always willing to help and lend a helping hand in anyone's success. The management, while running their own practices were always willing to answer any questions or go to a meeting when needed. The training sessions were always changing in order to find new ways to better the younger professionals. I learned how to truly be a professional and carry myself in an organized manor.
Be ready to Grind!
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2018
Running door to door to chase after teachers for lousy applications. Success depends on where you're located.
Not much support from management
It does teach you how to manage your time well and teaches you how to accept being told no
Pros
Teaches you a lot about yourself and how to push hard for a sale
Cons
Constant grind, they say you "make it" quickly but it takes more than 5 years to "make it", the pay is awful and you lose your salary after 2 years, Mangers are only there to take care of themselves, have no problem helping you close a case but will take 50% when they didn't do 50% of the work
Axa
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAMarch 26, 2018
Good management. Encouraged to think outside of the box. Good in-house resources.

No salary. If no natural market, cold calls are the main way of acquiring clients.
Mangers make or break
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 26, 2018
your success is highly tied to how well your manager is willing to help you be successful. no matter what you will need to be able to figure things out on your own and you make your own success.
Fun workplace
Financial Advisor Externship (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 24, 2018
The advisors are awesome to work with and learn from. I really enjoyed the information they gave me on how to deal with all kinds of clients and also how to build your client base as an advisor.
Working at AXA Advisors, LLC
Financial Consultant Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 23, 2018
Working at AXA was insightful but did not help me learn the tools necessary to becoming proficient and successful in that job position. I was never taught how to interact and make decisions with clients which is entirely what being a financial consultant is all about.
Axa
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 22, 2018
My internship with AXA was muted at best. I did not have any exposure to investing or even the job structure at the firm. Having said that, it was an unpaid internship.
Forced insurance sales
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAMarch 22, 2018
Financial Advisor is not as you initially thought. Will be forced to sell insurance products to family members. Little to no guidance, sink or swim environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA Advisors. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight