AXA Equitable Life Insurance Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent Workplace
MANAGER, Capacity/Performance (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 15, 2018
Opportunity to work 4 days a week from home, excellent vacation policy (2 days a month), annual raise and bonus, possible opportunity to work abroad, friendly work environment.
Pros
4 day a week from home
Depends on the department
Senior Associate - Case Resolution (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 13, 2018
Work/live balance, advancement, management, compensation, and culture will vary depending on the department you work for. Some are better than others.
The people are great
International Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2018
It is a great environment to work but the management should make some changes so that they can push the company forward. I can see a lot of holes and I would like to fix them but I have not been there long enough and now I am on to a better paying job and to explore different careers. I hope the company does well as when we get things done, people's lives are affected positively.
Pros
You are given all of your PTO at the beginning of the year and are extremely encouraged to use it.
Cons
Management, I would like them to push forward some, although, they do a good job.
Financial Advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2018
For this job you first go through months of testing to get certified. To be successful you need to have friends and family that are willing to work with you to build you business. Be prepared to call all of them to start.
Good for a beginner, but i did not make much money
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2018
It seemed great in the beginning, but I never felt comfortable with the product. . The fees and surrender charges were high, and I didn't make much money.
worked there
Broker Dealer, Central Supervisory Unit (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 14, 2018
none at all, worked there, got some experience, some exposure, no room for advancement, small controlled environment, would need to move to other areas or branch work
Great Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2018
In my experience, believe that AXA Equitable is a very reputable company due to the financial success that it has had as well as the active and supportive management teams that are guiding employees and students. I think that the managers and coaches spend a good deal of time and effort into training their employees and have fun, intelligent, and engaging individuals growing and expanding the company's knowledge to newcomers.
Pros
Supportie management, fun coaches, friendly environment; fairly easy position
Cons
No time off during an internship, no benefits until 6 months is completed; if you don't like sitting all day and being on the phone, you might not like this type of work
It's ok
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 31, 2018
It's OK. Not the best pay, not the best mobility. Need to know someone to move up, but people in one's department are great. Would look elsewhere if you're looking for a life outside of work.
Great Company
Employee Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 25, 2018
Axa Equitable is by far the best organization I have worked for. Too bad majority of the positions are moving out of New Jersey. I would definitely stay with the company if my position weren't moving to Charlotte.
management
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 17, 2018
I had three different bosses in 3 years. Management often changes
direction and causes confusion and stress for employees.Service for customers was always an issue mismangement from antiquated systems
senior programmer analyst
Systems Analyst / Senior Programmer (Former Employee) –  Jerset CityMay 15, 2018
Had a long career at the company. Started working with a small team and worked up through the software design life cycle. Managed programmers and played lead,
Regional Vice President of Sales (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 14, 2018
why do you require this bull. i dont want to do this. there is no reason why i have to do this. you just want to sell this information. this sucks
Axa is a cut throat company
Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 10, 2018
Think twice before applying here . You can give your all to this company but mgmt will in turn give their backside for you to kiss. If I had my way I should have kicked their backsides for what they did to me.
I hate certain ones and hope they rot in a dark hole.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Lack of proper mgmt
Make sure to prepare yourself
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2018
You get what you put in, very high turnover. The days are long, the training is good but not really enough to prepare you fully for everything experienced on the job. Understand you may put in a lot more than what you get out of the role.
Needs to focus on customers first
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 1, 2018
Less time on meetings to have meetings. Somewhere along the way, the customer was sacrificed for reducing expenses. Better communication from the top down.
Productive, flexible, independent place to work
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 27, 2018
A great boss that doesn't micromanage or hang over your shoulder, allows talented people to contribute all that they can, in my opinion, being a contract staff for years, this boss was incredible and friendly too and knows how to make people feel welcome and appreciated.
Pros
Flexible work environment, can work independently or collaborate, work from home as needed, great cafeteria w/ employee discount, nice place to walk during lunch, great boss!
Cons
short contract
AXA Assistance USA review
Developer\Business Analyst\Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLApril 26, 2018
The nature of the job was interesting and I had a great time working with an awesome team of programmers and the guys from Networking. They were all very professional and we had a very good working environment there.
Pros
The team was awesome
Cons
Sometimes long hours
nice management
Financial Advisor Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDApril 25, 2018
did not stay with company long enough to say anything good or bad about them.. The reason why I left is because i was not making any money to pay my bills since it was a commissions only job
Don’t Do It!
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  LouisianaApril 18, 2018
People at AXA are very good salespeople, which means they’re terrible people. I was sold on the dream that they pitch of “unlimited income,” “being your own boss,” etc. But, one thing I noticed about AXA is, they maximize the good stuff, but never, ever mention bad news. This makes its employees think everything is good all the time. Lack of communication was a big issue in my location. Extremely important information (i.e. bad news) wasn’t shared with individuals until it was too late to do anything about it. Management does a good job of appearing to be encouraging when they really only care about lining their pockets. Contract employees have to pay for practically everything, including equipment, supplies, gas, travel, software and program subscriptions, etc. The company itself takes so much of the revenue from your own business that you’re often working for literally nothing. If you don’t mind going thru years of emotional, mental & financial stress to one day, perhaps, have “success,” go for it. Otherwise, save yourself!
clean environment
Paid Change Senior Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2018
it started off welll. i wanted to use the contact center as a stepping stone to advance to processing position. i was quickly trained in all aspects of the department becauseof the high turnover rate in the contact center and now it seems impossible for me to get out. you are tied to the phone with very high que's with no room to breathe or make mistakes. it is very overwhelming. it appears they are quick to find what you may have not done correct and use that towards pay increases and advancement.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
two 10 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA Equitable Life Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight