AXA

AXA Employee Reviews

United States699 reviews

Found 699 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,447 reviews

Good Financial Service Organization

Acquiring my Series 6 and 63 was all part of the learning process when employed here. Obtaining those licenses as valid criteria to advise clients and understand financial portfolio's and products was essential. The hardest part of the job was obtaining those creditials and participating in continued education courses to remain employed. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet so many people and learn about financial security.

Best company I worked for in my life

I think AXA equitable was the best company I worked for. The culture and respect all everyone in the company was outstanding. Multicultural team of people, educated with great manners helping each other to succeed.

AXA insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

There is nothing good to say about this company but at the end of the day it was a job and micromanaging was horrible and honestly the schedule sucked and pay was low and nobody really seems to value all the hard work you put into the job but at the end of the day again if you need a job it is what it is the pay is OK benefits suck but sometimes you just take what you need to do and do what you need to do because your back is against the wall and there is no other way to deal

Good career path for certain people.

Good career path if you have what it takes to be a salesperson. Only 10% make it though and they don't tell you that up front. No emphasis on expertise, just finding clients.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Management not up front with realities of industry

Overall, it’s a great company

Equitable has really great benefits and smart financial handling of the company. They offer more time off holidays than most non bank companies. In addition, they are flexible with work life balance. However, I think they run a tight ship and was short staffed (as normal BAU) across several departments.

Great Training - Toxic people

Great training - I felt very well prepared for the role and had a lot of great references and training materials. However, enough of the people were insecure and toxic to make me glad I was only there short term.

Pros

Great training

Cons

Toxic work relationships

It started out great, call volume shot up after the first day and it never stopped....

Its your typical work from home job where you will have system issues all through training. You wont get any real hands on experience with the systems that you actually use and you will be put on the phones very quick and expected to use the systems and all your peers in which if you work after 4pm good luck because its only 1-2 people helping until about 5:30 or 6 if you get really lucky...that last hour you will have to just use what you know...and if its not familiar or something you've asked about and noted you will get dinged for dead time and not reaching out to sources in which you had to access to. I kept getting added to more queues just because i was meeting my metrics...however this doubled my work while others skated by day to day...I was taking 40-70 calls a day where others weren't even getting a full 30. As Long as you pay attention in training and take 10 pages worth of notes that you will need forever then you wont make it long...the job isnt hard itself but the flow of it is unnatural and time consuming

Pros

The pay is great and you get paid every week

Cons

really short breaks, high call volume, short on help for support

A club

You need to be a graduate of Williams College to be in the club, and if you weren't, you won't be compensated as well. If you're in the club, it could be very very good

Pros

not in the city

Cons

small

Every second in Axa counts

The job always look stressful at the beginning but if you take the lessons by heart, you'll stand tall everywhere you found yourself. Training is a constant

It was very nice place to work

the time i worked there the managers was very nice to me and easy to understand the Job Assigned. I was very happy when working in thereMy manager was very easy to understand and willing to help when learning the job.

Pros

Cons

normal breack time

Ok place to start

Worked as an admin for 3.5 yrs through college. It was pretty easy work once you knew what needed to be done but there was no training. You need to be able to learn on your own. There was good flexibility with schedules which was nice.

fast paced

great team culture that you can always reach out to get help. great work/life balance. People won't blame if you do sth wrong, rather they will be happy to collaborate and listen your voice.

Pros

people

Cons

short break

Lack of Job Security

You could be doing a great job putting in extra hours and they will still let you go if you do one thing wrong. You always have to be perfect and live up to perfection which is not always obtainable.

Pros

4 personal days

Cons

Management unrealistic with goals starts from the top

Gotta love AXA

Great company to work for overall. Definitely learned and gained a lot of knowledge on how to process medical claims, repricing a claim and most importantly how to process an international claim which I've learned now that most companies don't even process international claims only domestic. So I feel like working for AXA gave me a more advancement on how to process a medical claims!!! If i eve moved back to Chicago IL I would definitely try my best to get back into the AXA Family!!

Phenomenal company

Was heartbreaking when they moved out of Ohio to New York, loved my coworkers now it was a joy to go to work everyday. Training was phenomenal they trained you in healthcare and Excel and all the programs needed for brokerage management of high risk clients

Pros

32 hour weekday

The best

In hindsight after not working here for 20 years, it was a great job with some, not all, awesome people. There was opportunity with the right managers, to learn and move up. Although it took the end of my time there to be under better management to realize this.

Benefits

Cons

Some in upper management didn’t belong

Good Place

Good place to work. Your income is based on your sales. connections in the community are important. Need to ask for referrals from existing clients. You have to generate your own leads.

Productive and fun workplace

I loved working at axa. My managers were very supportive and always made me feel comfortable to ask questions. Everyone there was helpful. The job itself is a lot to learn and stressful sometimes but it feels nice when you know you are helping people.

Pros

Hours, great people

Cons

No job security

Great company to work for as a starting FA

Make cold calls, schedule meetings. It's a numbers game. Management is great and they care about the staff and Fa's. Wholesales come and provide with lunch and learns, so you are also learning about new products and keeping with the competitors.

Pros

Great tools and resources

Cons

Comissions

Excellent

Only one word excellent, great ambience , good team leaders everything is perfect. Make sure you are going for the right thing because entire team work load can put in another world.

Good for some

This was the most stressful job I had. Definitely focused more on quantity than quality. New opportunities were given to friends and family regardless of skill. Certain jobs were moved over seas and they required some employees to work additional hours on different projects with no pay and exclaimed that it would be a great opportunity for them and good for their future at the company.

Pros

Cafeteria in the building

Cons

Very Clicky

Common questions about AXA

Answered by current and former employees at AXA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AXA.
Powered byComparably