AXA Employee Reviews

Found 457 reviews matching the search See all 1,627 reviews
Overstated opportunity and pay
Senior Client Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 5, 2019
I took this position at AXA thinking it was an intriguing opportunity to use my financial and interpersonal skills as a financial planner, but the entire experience was a farce. I was promised one rate of pay when interviewing, so immediately questioned an offer letter at 30% less. I was satisfied with the answer that this was my pay for the "training period" which was to be only a month or two while I got my licenses. Turns out their "training" was sitting me at a computer with no interaction to study for tests with no guidance, and months after receiving my licenses, I was still receiving my training pay. Over a week after being on the phones and successfully making several appointments with clients, I was informed that I should be making appointments for field agents and not for myself. It was bad enough that they were not honest about the job when luring me to work; it was even worse that they provided no instruction when just setting me to work. The awful experience I was terminated for failing to call in until noon on a morning when I was in the emergency room, so at least they released me to find my next job with the cushion of an unemployment claim. This company is a joke, and I would advise nobody to work there.
Great pay, amazing employee culture, good career advancement
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  MexicoMarch 5, 2019
A day at worked looked with a full, full tight agenda for the next 3 weeks meeting after meeting, however, they were productive meetings.

A company that let you develop your leadership skills, managing big projects, big investments, interactions across departments, regional best practices among different countries etc.

Employees are quite important for the company so they invest in YOU and YOUR development, knowledge and well being.

Management can be hard, and intense but at a C-level is the expectation, so no news there, however, the goals are set quite high and so do the expectations, therefore, lots of pressure, but they DO provide the tools/resources for accomplishing them.

The hardest part was managing quite a complex operation with SOOOO MANNY internal clients with SOOO MANNY different needs and goals.

I enjoyed the culture a lot you had fun while working, there is a sense of ownership towards the brand so team players mindset and non-egoic contributions are Key. I had a very big empowerment on the well bring of the area, desition making, budgeting, projects etc.
Pros
Well Paid, Career Advancement, Well being programs, Great Challenges
Cons
Quite big company so its hard to navigate all interactions and projects.
High autonomy job, commission driven
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 23, 2019
AXA does a great job at getting you licensed and set to help client. However, getting started can be very difficult if you are unable to have sucsess early on with prospecting and closing business on your own. There is high turn over. Most people who leave are simply not willing to do the work necessary to stay and be sucsessful.
SENIOR INTERNAL WHOLESALER (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutFebruary 21, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at AXA. Beimg a french owned company they really put their employeds first. Great benefits amd work life balance. I wish they were still in my life.
Growing at the expense of employees that help build their brand
Field Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 21, 2019
Recruited/hired people with extensive years of experience/knowledge to build out operations, quoting & name recognition only to lay-off after growth..
Pros
Growth mode
Cons
Long hours, responsibilities outside of role scope, layoffs without notice.
I would have stayed with AXA through retirement if possible.
Senior Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 17, 2019
AXA was a wonderful place to work. The work/life balance was second to none. The flex hours, work from home, and vacation made this the ideal job for a working Mom. Upper management & the lawyers I worked with could probably not pick me out of a lineup due to the minimum face time I had with them but maybe that was for the better. Great benefits. Plenty of ways to learn new things. Absolutely adored the wonderful people who worked on my floor in my office.
Pros
Flex hours, Work from Home, Vacation days
Cons
They let excellent employees go to save money
a nice place to work
Life Illustration Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ 07310February 8, 2019
there were busy days, times when we had short deadlines to meet but the company and their outlook made it great place to work there. We were surrounded by good people which made the job easier.
Pros
the work environment
Cons
no free lunches
Senior Manager - IT (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 7, 2019
I enjoyed working at AXA because of my co-workers. They were supportive and helpful. I established many professional relationships which made my work more enjoyable. I had extensive knowledge about the systems that I was supporting and knew how to do perform my tasks. I also knew where to get help if needed. The biggest perk of working at AXA was the option to work remotely.
Pros
flexible work hours, work from home
Cons
sometimes had to work on weeknights and weekends
stressful work environment
Sr. Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 5, 2019
High call volume and limited resources make the job very stressful. Management, because they are number driven treat you as if you are not a human... you are a machine with unrealistic goals.
Pros
set schedule, no weekends
Cons
only 10 min breaks, high call volume, limited resources
Terrible
Financial Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2019
Nobody should work for this company. Get licenses here and then move on to a more helpful company that actually cares about employees. No need to work here ever.
Fun place to work with great culture
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 24, 2019
AXA was a great place to work and you could advance if you had the education and personality to do so. They offered a lot of training. Management was great they really made you feel as if you were family. Culture is all inclusive and had activities that allow you to sample the culture of other employees. The hardest part of my job was leaving.
Great Place to work
Lead Associate, EPG Elite Producer Group (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 22, 2019
Prior to joining the Elite Producer group at AXA I worked 8 years in the Associate Hiring and Contracting Administration group. Most of my career was spent in AHCA. The managers and team members were awesome. The managers were always willing and able to give good advise and were always willing to promote anyone who was interested in taking on new challenges. I learned that working in a large team can be somewhat challenging however with the right leadership in place everyone can learn from one another and can truly be quite successful. The hardest part of working in AHCA was the transition. The group moved to Charlotte, NC and it was quite difficult to deal with. Still yet, we remained in good spirts despite the circumstances. I worked in the EPG one month. My experience there was not a good one. The group was very small and the manager whom I reported to did not have any patience and certainly did not have the leadership skills I was accustom to.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Group relocated to Charlotte, Nc
Not a place for anyone expecting professionalism.
Medical Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2018
I worked in the Medical department for almost 4 years. I have found the manager and the supervisor to be steeped in protecting themselves. This is a place where people do the absolute minimum and manage to get by. This is not a place where anyone who is serious about their careers to end up at.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Management, Micro-managing, Poor leadership, lack of direction, Lack of knowledge on business objectives, Poor communication.
Numbers
Sr. Associate Replacement Case Manger (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 25, 2018
This is a number driven organization everything is about numbers. Quantity over Quality. We get to work form home which is a great work/life balance. Hard part is working a two or three man job and only getting paid for one of them.
Pros
no micro management
Cons
n/a
A very good company
Assistance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time at AXA. Beyond the benefits, the company had raffles and contest for days-off and gift cards.
Also a yearly company party in downtown Chicago.
They wanted the work to be done but would always be available to help with any problems or questions.
Pros
Very good work environment
Cons
It can be exhausting dealing with customers
High enegry level job
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 12, 2018
Good Entry level job in the insurance business. A typical day at work began with calls as a member of the call center. I have learned many aspects of the products that AXA sells. Management is quite flexible. The work culture is fast pace. The hardest part of the call center is keeping on top of the hourly changing informations. The most enjoyable part of the job is that every call presents an opportunity to WOW a customer
Pros
Employee development
Cons
short lunch in call center
not interested in providing a review
AVP Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2018
not interested in providing a review as it would not accurately summarize my 20 years in a minute that this little text box pops up and asks me to complete with out moving forward until I type enough no random characters.
Pros
new york location
Cons
moved to Charlotte North Carolina
Great Learning and Earning Environment
Registered Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 2, 2018
Past experience is a must to be successful as a Financial Planner
Learned everything needed to be successful
Management was very supportive in a learning environment
Your success was Managements success
There was always an opportunity to earn as much as you want
Provided you were willing to put the time in.
The hardest part of the job is finding qualifyed clients will
A large assets.
The most enjoyable part of the job was closing a large Sale
And the rewards that come with it.
Pros
You plan your own day
Axa
Assistant Administrative (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at AXA Advisor, As Administrative assistant i enjoyed being at work everyday and assistant the manager with his client, it was a lot of learning and stepping stone in the business marketing. AXA has taught me a lot of knowledge even with my future goals in life to investment and how important to generate my asset to achieve of how i am using my money and can be contribute to other growth of business. I plan to work for AXA again if there is a opening position available. I sure did enjoy the culture and my manager sure did make me feel welcome.
Pros
Follow employees were awesome and client were extremely nice.
Cons
Transaction are not meet to the client expectations
I enjoyed my experience with AXA Financial
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
My internship with AXA financial was a success.The first day I jumped right in to what it meant to be a financial adviser. Studying Insurance Guidelines and creating client spending profiles. The overall and environment was very focused and driven as well as very welcoming. I did not feel as though I was an intern but an employee like any other in the office. Most of my work entailed detailing different aspects of a clients financial portfolio to determine where to allocate funds among the investment accounts. This job requires a proficient knowledge of Insurance and tax code rhetoric, getting up to beat with some of the terms and policies was the hardest part at first.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight