AXA
Here to help
Coronavirus update

AXA Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Chicago, IL63 reviews
The job is pretty involved, but the pay is inadequate. The work is complicated, so the pay should reflect that. It is a pretty flexible job that allowed us to work from home during the pandemic.
You are on the phones all day. Low pay and unrealistic expectations. Huge work load low support from managed and peers. Wouldn’t recommend for a career job.
Axa is a great company, management is always trying to improve job happiness. We have good benefits and 4 months maternity leave. Flexible hrs and work at home flexibility.
Every one is friendly and respectful of each other.
Being a European company, a minimum of one month vacation is not uncommon. This privilege supports work-life balance and entices job seekers as it is not generally offered by non-European companies.
It was a great place to work. Highly diverse, interesting work, new projects, fun people. There is no reason not to consider employment there. I would recommend it.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I enjoyed working at AXA, because I handled all Medicare claims they where all seniors and required lots of patience. I handled all there pharmacy claim reimbursement in a timely manner.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
a typical day consist of management choosing favorites not caring about productivity unless they need an excuse to let you go.
extensive favoritism and lack of willingness to promote within instead opting to hire outside the company.
A well meaning management force goes a long way in making workers feel welcome. But the bottom line is that employees are paid too little for the type of work they do. The company has some opportunities for upward mobility, though. This will depend on the temperament of your direct superior.
AXA will hire most people, but tasks given WILL NOT be for everyone. AXA is upfront with most entry-level employees about difficult hours. What they are not upfront about is the organizational challenges. Too many times employees are thrown into situations dealing with medical emergencies and no way to assist.

Mid-level employees will also be thrown into frustrating situations day in and day out. Most decisions are centered around nickel and diming every aspect of the business. Very little time is spent on improving what is a potentially flawed business model. AXA may be the most disorganized company I've personally ever worked for. If you find yourself in a management or support role, prepared to be underpaid for the amount of stress and responsibility placed on you.

If you have the opportunity to work here, it's not all bad. AXA offers some opportunities for personal growth. It's an easy way to get experience at an office and get some understanding of the medical insurance industry. AXA looks good on a resume. Mentorship opportunities may be available. Lots of decent benefits including vision, dental, healthcare, and PTO. The downtown location gives easy access to transit. Employee culture is quite friendly and encourages collaboration.

There are a lot of things to dislike about
 - more...
Interesting work normally, you will definitely feel productive, however that productivity and effort may only be recognized by an individual manager, the company as a whole does not invest much in its employees.
Pros
Learn new skills, learn about an entirely different industry, travel insurance.
Cons
Company as a whole does make a strong effort to support front line employees.
It is a very employee-friendly environment and i have enjoyed working with this organization. Their good nature and respect towards employees is what I always appreciate.
If you worked in the right department, this was a decent place to work, however, it's stressful. A lot of disorganization, and a pretty poor company culture, often times with low employee moral.
Axa has a laid back culture, but the associates get the work done. This company is very diverse and takes pride in honoring all employees. I like that Axa's culture is so engaging and involved. Axa takes time find our what's important to the associates/ employees and gets involved. I have never worked for a company like this and I am glad that they choose me.
be on time it's a nice place to work and fun very different cultures this sytem is asking for too much. management needs to be more loyal to the employees.
AXA is a great company to work for if you're starting fresh in medical insurance world. Management was easy to work with and the workplace was fun. Will definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to increase their skills in medical insurance.
Pros
Nice location, great management, and great work/home balance.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
AXA is not a terrible company to work for. They have a solid benefits package, a diverse and interesting staff and management, and most everyone working there is very nice. The company culture is very laid back. The dress code is described as business casual, but since the definition of "business casual" can vary greatly from company to company depending on one's location, industry, and other various regional and cultural differences. That said, they are definitely more on the casual end of the spectrum, and jeans are typically allowed on most days (not that there is anything wrong with that). It should also be noted that the company headquarters is based in France, so this undoubtedly plays a role in the dress code and overall company culture, which is a very positive culture that helps create a mostly positive working environment.

So why only 3 out of 5 stars? I must preface this with the fact that unfortunately, for purposes of keeping my identity confidential, I am unable to disclose what my position was there). First, there was the issue of pay. After doing research, I can say that I was relatively underpaid compared to comparable jobs in my industry, and given my credentials and qualifications (to be fair, I knew this going in, but accepted the position for the purpose of attaining that highly valued experience that all employers want to see on your resume).

My two biggest issues with AXA however, which are somewhat related in nature, are the terrible communication throughout the company, and the overall disorganization. Regarding the communication, there would be
 - more...
Pros
Great company culture and benefits package
Cons
Terrible communication and extensive bureaucratic performance
Ok I like the company wish I could stay here permanently. It’s ok to be at a company that has good employees. I’m sure anyone will enjoy this company like I have.
Pros
Nice work place
Cons
Contact
Senior leadership was not good. Too many layoffs and revolving door of employees. They got rid off and/or forced too many good people out. Employees weren’t fairly compensated and too many politics.
Pros
Cons
Over worked and under appreciated staff
Great company, it deals with medical emergency assistance so you build a relationship with patients and parents. Coworkers are great! Management is very friendly
Cons
Somewhat stressful workload
Started as a temp and the management has preferences tours their own and if for some reasons one of them don’t like you well they will get rid off you reall fast. Not professional at all always using profanity.
Cons
Supported field sales reps. I worked directly for them -- growing thier business. They were all really great. Nothing bad to say. They seemed to like thier sales positions
Poorly managed, lack of communication, fast paced and no true room for advancement. Procedures are rarely written (documented), yet constantly updated, making it difficult to keep up with the constant changes in process. There is a clear division between upper management, middle management and the rest of the office. HR is a complete disaster and completely unhelpful. There is a rather quick turnover in most departments within this company.
Pros
Minus the pay, the benefit package
Cons
Short breaks, cut through tactics, poor management, lack of communication
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA. Our community is ready to answer.
1.3K
1.3K
Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.