AA Metals, Inc. Employee Reviews

Unfortunately, this is a poor employer
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2018
This is not a long term career option, it is simply an entry level job with limited upward mobility. Read glassdoor reviews and trust the transparency. They speak the truth.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
lack of management, extremely stressful, 0 trust, extremely political, toxic environment, no job security, unethical
Company is growing, but Management is still eons behind.
Many Titles (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 17, 2018
Good to use as an in-between job for experience purposes. Majority of employees wonderful people. Many people in Management abuse power and employees.
Pros
Free Breakfast on Fridays. Wonderful fellow-employees.
Cons
Management Structure, Job Security, No Upward-Advancement, Individuals in Management that have no related experience.
Unreliable Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2017
CEO not able to run the company, he hires and fires people every 8 months, he keeps only young Chinese girls, which are inexperienced and some of them really conceited and overbearing (they think they know everything just after leaving the university)
Periodically the company hires incompetent people to reorganize, but this is only to get rid of professionals trying to raise the fate of a boat that is about to sink
Pros
Cons
no business intelligence
Great Potential, Not Managed Efficiently
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 9, 2017
During my employment at AA Metals, a lot of great and efficient employees left the company due to lack of consistency within the company. AA Metals has tremendous potential, but until the company is able to create its own culture, good employees will keep on recognizing the persistent issues and will keep moving on.
Entry Level Job
Logistics & Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Location is not near many lunch options
Vacation time is hard to get approved
Co workers are very kind and supportive
Donuts every Friday
Unprofessional
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Doesn't care about the the employees only there product. Driver has to repeatly ask for material to make sure it reaches the destination safe... Truck not safe to drive won't fix when needed and when ask. Very racist!!! Stay away...
Unhealthy work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2016
This company offers nothing in exchange for an enviroment and management that do not have any metal distribution experience.

Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this Chinese owned company unless you thrive in a paranoid work place.

One star ratings given because zero was not an option
Pros
Cons
Paranoid work enviroment - high turnover as people cannot wait to get out
A great learning experience
Accountant / AP (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2015
I was mainly responsible for monitoring the commercial bank accounts through the CEO web portal. I would report all money coming in and out. Clear checks, billing, processing invoices, processing corporate American Express accounts and report any fraudulent charges. In addition, I also took over the responsibility of Accounts Payable from the Sr. Accountant. I did check runs and made sure all our vendors were receiving timely payment or any missing unpaid invoices as well as disputing charges on invoices.My co-workers and management were very supportive and I enjoyed working with everyone. The hardest part about the job was paying attention to detail and making sure there were very minimal errors, in which I feel I succeeded in. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a professional atmosphere and working together with the Accounting team. I learned a lot about accounting, how the debit and credits work using the accounting software, working together with different departments, and communicating effectively with everyone in the business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AA Metals, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

AA Metals, Inc. Reviews by Location