AAA Carolinas Employee Reviews

Unorganized, stressful, always watch your back
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2018
There are actually no words that can convey my experience at AAA Carolinas. I really think if other AAA clubs knew how this one operated (or AAA National for that matter), they would honestly be disgraced at how much AAA Carolinas is tarnishing the brand. The biggest issue is leadership - they preach culture, innovation and change but if you’re the first to offer up a new idea you’ll be the first one out the door. Their has been an unspoken fear instilled across all departments in corporate that in order to keep your job, you must keep your mouth shut. My department (and recently many others) was a revolving door with tremendous turnover. This organization cut most of their HR department - that alone should tell you something. This place is truly a good ol’ boys club with just one female officer (look it up) and the only way to advance in this company is to do the dirty work of the c-suite, let go of talented people who care and actually want to improve the organizaton. With the job market as good as it is right now, please consider other options. AAA Carolinas pays below market value from a salary perspective and why work in a place that does not often provide a positive experience or a day where you feel like you don’t have to watch your own back. This is a very unprofessional, unorganized, chaotic environment to be in and I cannot express enough how much you should run in the other direction. I have had recruiters tell me that this place is one of the biggest local shams with an awful reputation in the Charlotte market - the longer you stay, the more difficult it is to find  more... other work. So glad I am out of this place!  less
Pros
Colleagues, 401k, profit sharing
Cons
Just about everything else
Good Place to work
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCAugust 4, 2018
Despite days off and hours to work, AAA Carolinas is a good place to work if this is to help lead you to another position once you have experience. The workplace is filled with good people and you can form good relationship with your coworkers.
Pros
team building, appreciation days
Cons
short breaks, no overtime
Relaxed
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCAugust 1, 2018
there is many opportunities for career advancement at this company. you don't have to work there long to move up the company ladder, or to different departments
AAA work day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 31, 2018
I loved the interaction with the customers as well as the staff. Everyone was friendly and willing to help with any questions. The job was easy and in the sells department there were goals to meet which were met.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not great pay
AAA Carolina is a wonderful company
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJuly 25, 2018
The Hendersonville location is an asset to area. I am still a member of AAA Carolina and still use the Hendersonville office for travel needs as well as member of my family.
Great
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 23, 2018
Great place to work, fast paced but makes the days go by fast. You are learning something new every day with the industry of AAA. AAA Carolinas is a great employer
poor place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 22, 2018
the only good thing about this company is the benefits. Management is very unorganized and unreliable, the don't compensate you for a job until weeks later.
benefits
Cons
payment on jobs
Average Management
Material Damage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2018
Good Company but needs to take a hard look at processes and procedures. Management is not thinking of the fast changes that the industry is experiencing.
I loved it
Call Receiver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 5, 2018
I would tell anyone to go back to AAA... I just say watch yourself because they lie sometimes to make themselves look good in front of THEIR Supervisors!
Pros
Good Pay, 1 Hour lunch
Cons
Don’t rehire, short breaks
Very fast paced, very long work weeks
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 1, 2018
The time I spent at AAA was a learning experience. It was my first job out of school. I loved payday even though I would work 60 to 70 hrs some weeks.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long work weeks
The company respects it's employees & customers
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2018
It is a relaxed environment but the work gets done, Management respects the associates. They really try to focus on both creating value for the customer and retaining quality associates.
This place is very disorganized
Car Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 18, 2018
The employee turnover is crazy people go in and out your never staffed right. There is a buddy system here in management if you are in with them you are good if you are not you will go no where here.
Benefits
Cons
Good place for in between job.
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2018
I hear it used to be a wonderful company to work for long term. They've gotten new direction in the HR department and now there has been a spike in let goes. People that had been with the company for years and we're close to retirement were all let go. People that were with the company 5+ years or 10+ years that were expecting a pay raise or adequate compensation given their length of employment are seemingly being cut out at the rate of 1-3 a month.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Job security gone
Stay a way from this place !!!!
Technician (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 15, 2018
To many mangers in one year, the company has no control of their shops. Company needs new system to work with , thats way they are making not making money in auto care centers. When they want to get you out they fire you for no reason. Watch your back, no team work!!!
Benefits
Cons
To much free labor
Dont waste your time
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 3, 2018
Its a okay company don’t believe to much the supervisors say about pay. Rate is based on Tiers and if you cross train you earn a lil extra money. Hours are not Promised if there is nothing to do expect to go home early. You’re just a number they have to keep a certain amount of drivers at all times.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay rate, less then 30 hours full time
Workplace
Senior Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCApril 23, 2018
The job is convenient because it’s local but the pay could be better and the attendance policy it’s stressful when you get wrote up for when you miss work cause you have to call out
Good benefits but low pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCApril 19, 2018
AAA Carolinas is a call center for roadside assistance. There is so much to learn. They train you, but training only gives you a little insight on the job. Really once you actually start doing the job, you learn more and become better and more confident. You must be a people person, because you deal with so many different personalities over the phone. Sometimes the customers are frustrated and a bit rude, but you must maintain a professional attitude at all times. All calls are recorded, and they listen to calls randomly. So, if caught, you could lose your job for mistreating people. Also, you must meet quality, if not they will take your pay back down until you get it back up or even fire you.
Pros
Good benefits, discounts, and incentives
Cons
Pay is too low, supervisors not very friendly
Good place to be
Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2018
Really like working there wish had a better manager. everyone in my department was very close off and that is because the manger seemed by pooler, never really sure who he was going to be from one day to the next.
RUN from this place
employee (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 7, 2018
You can learn from this company. However, the pay is very low. Raises are almost unheard of. Not fairly treated. Stressful. Poor Management. Not appreciated.
Pros
No nights. Jeans on Fridays and Saturdays when you pay $1 for each of the 2 days.
Cons
LOW pay. Expectations to High. No one is happy.
Best Job I've ever had
Auto Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2018
AAA Carolinas is the best place I've ever worked bar none. AAA provides excellent benefits, great pay and a wonderful work atmosphere. Life balance is fantastic, I am one happy employee.
Pros
Culture, benefits, pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Carolinas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight