AAA Central Penn Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with nice benefits
Public Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 10, 2018
I love working for an organization that invests so much into understanding current transportation and travel trends, and increase awareness of major traffic safety concerns. Working at AAA really makes me feel as if I help people, improve the community, and make the world a little bit better place to live! I really appreciate the bonds developed with people I work with. Most co-workers are friendly and helpful. Like most jobs, it's what you make of it!
Pros
lots of opportunities to volunteer, quarterly luncheons, community support, etc
Cons
large work load
This is not a place to have a career.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 7, 2018
If you need health insurance right away, don't bother. They are in no rush to get you your benefits. 60 day wait for health insurance with no exception. 90 days for your free AAA service to start. Very unclear about the 401k, they say you have to be there for 6 months... which to me seemed like most people quit or are fired within 60 days. Very strange to me.
I worked in the call center. They are quick to throw people away if you're not performing up to their high standards. There was a large amount of people who left before I got there, so I'm guessing they had some sort of shift in expectations or management. I did not feel properly trained: 2 days to learn the material 1 to 1.5 weeks of trying to learn taking calls and the system. It was not enough time, and they expected perfection within a month or less, which is not realistic.
They got a lot of new people in recently, including a CEO.
Pros
Coworkers are nice. They pay you pay for travel for training. Pay is ok, more than some places, but several dollars per hour I was making at last job.
Cons
Lunch only half an hour. Slow to give you benefits.
Official response from AAA Central Penn
May 18, 2018

We do have a 60 day waiting period for benefits and when they start, they are very comprehensive including, health, prescription, dental and company provided life insurance and long term disability insurance. There is a waiting period for 401K participation and when you are eligible to participate, your funds are fully vested with a generous 6% company match.

We have high standards for our call center employees as we strive to provide remarkable personal experience to our members. We also have a new CEO and several new senior leaders who will guide AAA Central Penn to a bright future!

Great company, good benefits
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 13, 2018
AAA Central Penn is a great place to work. The environment is relaxed and I never feel pressured. The benefits are really great, too. The perks that you receive on top of the typical benefits are pretty awesome - just another way that AAA puts it's employees first. Some of the management could be better, but that's every company. I'd definitely recommend AAA Central Penn for anyone who needs a job with a great company - plenty of room for advancement, too!
Pros
Benefits, Discounts, Membership, Pto
Cons
Some management
Poor Management
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 26, 2018
Management needs to be overhauled. There is no advancement unless you are friends with the management staff. They work you like a dog and force you to do overtime even if you don't want it.
Very busy.
Tow Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 18, 2018
Assist members with disabled vehicles. Answer telephones when not servicing members out on the roadside.Get gas for the tow truck, Work on the slips that the garages turned in from the service calls they did.
Pros
Work with nice people.
Great Place to work, just no advancement.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Central PA areaOctober 27, 2017
Working for the company is / was great. They have GREAT packages for benefits and they match 6% of what you put in for 401k. They have Generous PTO time and are very forgiving when needing time off.

However Management needs work with knowledge and direction. The opportunity for Job advancement only goes so far. The positions you would want to move into have had people working in those positions for 20 years and they still have another 20+ till they retire. Just no room for great advancement.

In regard to all of that, this is a fantastic place to work mentally and the people you could work with are great. There is after all a reason people have worked there 20+ years..
Pros
People you work with, Benefits, PTO time, Bankers Hours
Cons
No room for advancement, Management needs guidance and experience.
Love the trips we were sent on.
Member Services Specialists II (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 19, 2017
Ridiculous rules, needed a job to pay for my rent and noticed when you received your paycheck i would of thought you was paying two landlords !!!!!!!!
Good job, but not long term.
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster County, PASeptember 6, 2017
They dont tell you that they do not keep most people after their 90 review. The 5 other people that were hired with me were also let go with me. They have a staff that has been there for 20+ years the rest are brought on in the winter and let go after the season is over.
Pros
great pay rate
Cons
limited time for employment
Wouldn't recommend this employer
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAJuly 29, 2017
I worked here for 8 years and never felt appreciated or respected. I was a travel agent. There were a lot of affairs between employees and management. I felt management was terrible because most never worked a day in the area they managed, so they had no clue how to solve problems effectively.
A day at AAA
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJuly 28, 2017
Manage and market to membership and non members through various outlets. Telephone, email and referral marketing. Network with various business leaders to offer personal insurance coverage for home, auto and life products. Input the activity into management system.
Enjoyable work activity, but keep an eye over your shoulder.
Senior Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 30, 2017
The actual work was enjoyable. Very active & effective marketing. Competitive rates, good coverage, name recognition. Excellent co-workers. Strong customer service.
Pros
Good clientele, active market, high closing rates.
Cons
Really bad management. Dismal employee satisfaction. Extremely political.
Wonderful Employer
Roadside Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 13, 2016
The management dept. is wonderful always willing to answer your question no matter how long you been there.THey do multiply activities for their employees. Human resources dept. is always willing to work with you. I strongly recommend anyone to apply definitely a great place.
Pros
Awesome Staff, Free Lunch, healthcare
Cons
Dealing with some customers
Long Term Employee
Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 17, 2016
There is a reason I am such a long term employee - the family atmosphere and the ability to grow within the company.

Management has the ability to recognize talent and foster growth within the individuals.

Management will work with any employee to better themselves within the company even if it involves transferring into a different division.

The comradery within the company is second to none - with everyone trying to help the company achieve its goals.

Some positions have the ability to work from home when needed which is an added benefit.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Bonuses, Family Atmosphere, Family Friendly
Cons
high turn over
after 9.5 years with the company, it is going down hill, poor managements.
MEMBER SERVICES SPECIALIST 2 (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 30, 2016
If you have nothing good to day, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING...
It is an office setting, and a nice place to work, wages are higher than expected. but they have a high turn over,
Pros
Money and work is good
Cons
Management can not be trusted.
great benefits and friendly atmosphere
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Call Center, Harrisburg paMarch 16, 2014
Love working with all of our members, great to help them and be able to get them the services they need.
Learning Experience
Emergency Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 18, 2013
Promoted and sold wireless services and devices. It was located in a mall, we interacted with current and potential customers.
Pros
located in a mall.
Cons
no room to grow
Easy but leaves you wanting
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 3, 2013
The normal work load is easy and has been accurately described as only needing 1/4 of a brain to accomplish, so it's easy to excel if your personal work ethic demands more. There seems to be little to no accountability for those not pulling their weight. Lots of call offs, requiring more from those who show up for their scheduled shifts, which is the hardest part of the job. Often feels like you're doing the work of 3 people for the price of one. The best part of the job is the 5 weeks of paid time off per year.
Pros
paid time off, health plan, 401(k)
Cons
wages, lack of management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Central Penn. Our community is ready to answer.

AAA Central Penn Reviews by Location