AAA CLUB ALLIANCE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Okay job, but only just that.
Light Service Driver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 12, 2018
It's really hard to recommend this job for anyone. It started out okay, but the garage has a huge tendency to force weeks, if not months, of overtime at the drop of a dime, because they have USPS levels of turn over. If they would just take the time to raise the wages a bit, make the work environment better, give us working tools, and not put so much pressure on making every single call early, the workers they have would feel a little more relaxed. Instead, everyone feels on edge, and overworked.
Fun but mostly stressful
Automotive general service technician (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 12, 2018
Had the best co workers which made everyday at work fun, other than that it was stressful. Everyday we were rushed to complete car after car and somedays we did not even get time for our lunch breaks because the service advisers did not stop bringing cars in. Many times we stayed past closing time, 7pm. This was because we already had 2 or 3 tickets left to work on by 5pm so by the time we finished it was almost 8 then had to clean up. The pay was OK but for the skills I have i should of been payed more. I Helped out technicians and did tech work with out getting payed extra because i am hourly. The hours i spent working on big jobs i did not get any money for only the company did because they charge the customer labor hours and since I am hourly rate all that labor time went in the companies pockets since no technician got flat rate commission if I worked on it. They need to set up a hourly/ commission pay style to make it fair for the general service techs who do their work.
Pros
Fun Enviroment and Co workers
Cons
Stressful job pace and illogical decision making
Good company
International Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 11, 2018
Pay is too low for travel agents. Sales goals are too high to achieve in order to earn commission. Health insurance affordable. Worked every Saturday.
Good company
Dispatcher Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 22, 2018
Great company to work for...I enjoyed working with the people very friendly and a great work environment. Serving the public was satisfying. Would highly recommend.
awful
Diesel Truck Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phila paMay 19, 2018
typical day started at 4AM, prepared work orders for all mechanics so they were ready to work as soon as they arrived. had to pick up slack for supervisor and do my own work . basically did the work of three people
progressive look wrapped around "traditional" thinking
HRIS Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 17, 2018
the AAA organization lacks diversity in management, leadership and associate level positions which is why racism is "normalized" and overlooked in the organization.
Pros
the company has been around for a long time
Cons
lacks diversity
The position changes daily with new knowledge which is challenging
Retails Sales/Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJMay 10, 2018
Very competitive and goal oriented position. Working closely with co-workers to have a team effort for letting the members know our customer service comes first.
Pros
Pto, AAA discounts
Cons
stressful environment
Call Center
Membership Sales Specialist Level II (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 27, 2018
Good place to make decent money. There is also job advancement opportunities if you want to work for it. Ever changing policies relating to sales has both improved the chance to receive a percentage of the sales you acquired and at the same time made it more difficult to receive all of that money.
Pros
People
Cons
Short Breaks, Call center stress and volume.
Fun workplace with tons of holiday parties with food/snacks
Roadside Assistance Counselor for multiple states (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJApril 23, 2018
My over all experience with AAA was okay, they offer pto and unlimited over time that you can apply for daily, the pay is decent, but members are rude and we are always busy so it is a fast pase job. You have barely any privacy you can see into anyone's cubicle. They are really strict with scheduling, if you are 3 mins late, you get in trouble. You spend long hours on the phone so it's boring. Would not plan to keep it as a career.
Pros
Decent pay, nice co workers
Cons
Short breaks, strict schedule, always busy
Goals have to be met
Insurance Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 12, 2018
After the one week and an a half of training in Hamilton NJ or Dover DE you are sent to your permanent location where you begin ramp up for 9 months. You have to meet goals and each month the goal increases. After your 9 months are up you have to sell 18 policies or more to keep your job in good standing otherwise you get put on probation. If all is not better in 90 days you can be terminated.
Pros
Benefits & Flex time schedule
Cons
Pay/Compensaton plan is far under industry standard
i liked the job
TOW TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 11, 2018
i liked the job and all of the people. i just need a job closer to home .i dont get to see my family to much. but i love the job.would stay if it was closer to home
call center blues
Roadside Assistance Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 8, 2018
it shouldn't be hard to hire the good occasional workers that dedicate at least 9 hours a day 7 days a week , those are the essential workers that deserve health and dental benefits , pto , and more... but what do I know... the motto here is " its not what you know, its who you know. "
Pros
up to 12 hours OT daily
Cons
short breaks, kitchen chef sucks, overpriced disgusting tasteless food, 8 hours work with a 10 min break 20 mins before shift over
Down hill
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 30, 2018
I have worked for the company for almost 5 years. Was mith Mid-Atlantic beige the merge...

There was a time I loved my job! Even in the most stressful days I could proudly say I enjoyed the work I did. Now, I hate it. Top management could care less about their front line employees. They are simply about money and how they can take it away from those who deserve it.

It’s very upsetting to see what once such a great company fall to the wasteside.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of support, out of touch manangent, stressful
Great Benefits/ long hours
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mid AtlanticMarch 5, 2018
The benefits and discounts are fantastic you even get a free membership. The management will work with you the best they can until the hire up people rain down on them. The only downfall is your salary working 50-65 hours a week. Forbidden to have Saturdays off.
Pros
Benifits, discounts
Cons
hours to pay ratio.
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMarch 1, 2018
Great place to work! Friendly staff helpful management and good benefits! I've worked here for just about a year and I look forward to many more years with this company.
Boring / hectic
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJFebruary 28, 2018
Bored to death when slow. Hectic beyond being able to do job properly when busy. Not enough training , especially not for people who are not computer savy
Good
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHFebruary 26, 2018
Going through many changes so the profit margin is decreasing. Great benefits, however. But not the end all be all of the employment. Most employees have two jobs, must hit goals to make more money, but the money does not pump out unless you over exceed.
Could have been great.
Former member (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 22, 2018
The team generally works well together. Good salary. Nice package for time off. BUT the business is still in need of more top talent. Sales manager wants great talent, but won't hire it if it overshadows her reign.
Pros
work life balance, decent salary
Cons
outdated leadership
Productive Customer Care environment
Membership Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJFebruary 14, 2018
They really care about their employee's and the training was personal and organized. A typical work day is answering many questions about billing, creating new memberships, informing consumers on the benefits of different coverages and other products that would compliment their experience as a member. Need to have really strong listening skills, and much patience with each member and non-member. Awarded when meeting and surpassing goals.
Pros
Free Food, Raffles and Personal Attention Overall
Cons
need more compensation for the work you do
No work/ balance
Member Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 13, 2018
For a straight year they asked for overtime every week. There is a giant disconnect from the upper management and the front line. All employees are overworked with too many responsibilities. Promotions are based on favoritism and romantic relationships. Front line take 80-120 calls per 8 hour shift. Call takers are not allowed to disconnect from customers even when customers are abusive and threatening. No security officer on site. Workforce department make inside racial jokes about call takers. Call takers start at $11.50. Supervisors make +$40k.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA CLUB ALLIANCE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight