AAA Cooper Transportation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ok company to work for
Truck Driver-Dedicated Run and SouthEast Regional (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 10, 2018
Ok company to work for not really a work/life balance needs to have managers on board that actually driven a truck and knows how to relate to the drivers ,the pay could have been much better
Pros
Dedicated account
AAA cooper
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJuly 26, 2018
I enjoyed the work i do, i love the freight work and the open dock, and loading trailers. its good job its fast pace, its a good work environment, good people, and good management
Pros
i could make my own hours as part time
Cons
short breaks no insurance
Dock worker
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mid CityJuly 23, 2018
Horrible place to work no overtime no time and a half management only have favoritism. But if you want to learn how to ride a forklift place to store out other words nothing else is good.
Pros
Great place to learn how to ride forklift
Cons
There is nothing good about this company
Job Clarification
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 23, 2018
Busy as far as production goes you have to unload a truck and take the freight to the correct doors within a hour. Sometimes you have to pace yourself cause of the amount of hours the company wants you to work. Its diverse in such as far as different ethnicity from different back grounds all their to get the job done.The hardest part of my job is the climate of hot and cold weather and the size of the forklift. Supervision is limited with my job but numbers give a production rate on the progress through out each day of work.
Pros
great benefits and healthcare
Cons
Climate of the waether
Okay.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 26, 2018
AAA Cooper here in, Memphis Tennessee is okay but if you ever worked in the big leagues like FedEx Freight or OD over look this place because a lot of the guys can’t load outbound freight correctly.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No smoking company.
pay is decent, management not so much
Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 24, 2018
pay is decent, but they will work you as much as they can, even attempting to push you past DOT standards. was written up for being warned from DOT on going over hours despite having proof that I was told by my manager to do so.
Pros
pay, home daily
Cons
no overtime, lack of company concern for drivers
Great Employer
Quality Assurance Auditor - Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 24, 2018
Spent most of my adult career at this company and loved it. Changed employers to experience a different culture after 26 years. Would recommend employer to anyone!
Great Job
Forklift Operator Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
At this job I was a part time Dock Worker and Sit-down Forklift Operator, in which I loaded and
unloaded freight cargo, from trucks to the Dock to be transported to other destinations. I also did
light industrial janitorial work in which I swept floors, emptied trash and picked up debris to keep a
clean and safe workplace.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Pay raises
Nice
Freight Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 15, 2018
This was actually the best job. I was able to work independently but still as a team to make sure the job was done by the end of the night. The only issue with the company is I needed benefits and a full time position and they were not offering that, but if they did I would have stayed
Fast paced
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 10, 2018
Due to being a freight company, it is fast paced. There is always freight! The freight doesn't stop because if it wasn't for a truck driver you would not be able to buy things in the store.
Pros
Different shifts
Cons
Health insurance not as good as it once was.
Easy money
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHMay 10, 2018
I'm typically on the road from Sunday to Friday with an occasional weekday at home. I deliver two loads a week. One on Monday and one on Thursday. Some days I'm done unloading by 10am others I'm done by 4pm. Most of this job is just driving between the DC and the stores. The pay is excellent for a company driver and all of my health care providers have commented on how good the insurance is. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone I know.
Pros
Great pay, insurance, Hsa, 401k
Cons
I wish I had started here sooner
over night job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 20, 2018
all freight was moved by forklift to either inbound or out bound shipments. unloaded 8-10 trailer a shift. teamwork when other departments need help. each forklift is safety check before operating
Pros
work hour are available
Cons
no time and a half or double over time pay. flat pay rate regardless of hours worked
Stressful environment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 19, 2018
I was a linehaul driver who worked 2 docks. I was told right when I got hired by another driver, this company has a thousand rules and none are wrote down. This statement is 100% true. You get treated like a slave and never know when or if they will fire you and for what reason.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Good pay with long hours. Must be willing to work hard.
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNApril 4, 2018
Typical work day is minimum of 10 hours. Learned to work in a fast paced environment with heavy workload. Management is adequate as their hands are tied by those higher than them. Workers for the most part watch out for one another but can be cutthroat. Hardest part of the job is general fatigue due to workload/long hours. Best part of the job is satisfaction for having completed said work.
Pros
Good pay, hours if you want them or not, decent benefits.
Cons
Long hours if you want them or not. Extremely heavy workload. No overtime pay (time and a half, etc.)
Would rather not
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2018
sorry this not a good place to work there is a toxic system here that does not play well with someone who does not mind working there are procedures that are in place that plays favorites with some
Pros
Some people are good
Cons
Some are bad
This is what you're facing
DED Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 1, 2018
Generally a cut throat environment and management is horrible. The pay is good at first and then you get screwed after a while. they lie to get you in and continue to lie once you're in.
Pros
good pay at first
Cons
sorry managment
Great employees/fantastic opportunities
Purchasing Clerk/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 27, 2018
AAA Cooper is a great company to work for. It took me 3 years to get the opportunity to interview for a position at this company. When I was hired on the environment was welcoming and very helpful. Everyone at this organization cares about their job and company and it shows.
Pros
overtime
Excellent company
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAMarch 21, 2018
Excellent company to work for. The management and the supervisors are excellent teachers in the transportation business. The workplace culture is diverse.
Dedicated site not stable
Yard Manager / Dispathcer (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, IN 46052March 17, 2018
AAA COOPER is a good family oriented company. I was at a dedicated site that was not stable. Most coworkers were fun to work with. I would recommend this company to drivers.
Good company
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 10, 2018
Good Place to work But long hours no life outside AAA Cooper until the weekend. If you decided not to go to college and you want to make a great living this is the way to go.
Pros
you will be Financial set
Cons
No life working for any LTL company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Cooper Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.