AAA Cooper Transportation Employee Reviews

Lots of improvements.
Line Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYJanuary 17, 2019
Over the past 4 years there have been some good and some not so good changes. Most recently have been some great changes that make me proud to work where I do. I love my job, all my coworkers. Even the fast paced dock work is great as it still provides for time to talk and still make some money while waiting on your loads. I’ve been blessed to have been linehaul this whole time and I would whole heartedly recommend this job to not just anyone. It’s not for everyone. But for those that want a great check, and willing to participate, you’ll find a long and happy career.
Pros
Weather is carefully monitored and they don’t like drivers on the road if it gets bad.
Cons
I didn’t sign up soone
They would lie to you all the time.
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 29, 2018
I worked at AAA Cooper for 20 years. I was a driver - dock worker for 16 years and was in management for 4 years. Upper management was abuse dock supervisors by having you work on Sundays for free. Also they would lie to you about promotions repeatedly. So I finally got tired of all the lies and left. And went to work for a good company. That's Old Dominion. Wouldn't recommend AAA Cooper to anyone !!! Unless you want to be lied too. When the owner retired , that's when it went down hill.I can say this because of the 20 years I worked there. Not trying to get back at anyone ! Just stating the facts.
Pros
Not any
Cons
Over work the drivers 13 to 14 hours a day
very poor care for employees
Truck Driver class A /Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 21, 2018
its all about management and their numbers in the computer system they do not care about their empolyees and as soon u are hurt or the feel you are not apart of their cluster or group they discard you like trash there was an beloved employee that passed away and there was no mention from management fellow employees found out through third party associates which was totally disgusting
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
there could have more care for the employees instead freight
Quick pace enviroment
P&D Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33178November 25, 2018
I enjoyed my dedicated route. The hardest part of my job was actually the commute home to work everyday with all the Miami traffic. Although it was a quick pace environment, I was very efficient therefore dispatch didn't have to worry about me because I completed my loads 99% of the time. The few and rare cases I didn't complete them was outside my control.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
only 1 week vacation only for the first 3 years
Fast pace, most days very stressful.
Truck Driver, CDL Class A, Local (Current Employee) –  La Vergne, TN 37086November 4, 2018
Very fast paced job.Long hours. Most days your given a workload that requires you to run flat-out all day long in order to get all your deliveries off and your pickups made. Then when you get back to the terminal you are likely to go back out and do a swap. Turnover is high, so they never have enough help. Poor benefits. Don't get 2 weeks vacation until you've completed 3 years.
Pros
Some very good co-workers
Cons
Long hours, never enough help
The truth will set you free
Site Supervisor Dedicated (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 24, 2018
Raw deal on that Mercedes contract - especially when I asked my supervisor, and her supervisor just the day before, if our contract and jobs were secured. They flat lied and said that all was well. After that discussion, we were called in to be given the news that February 16 would be the last day.
Pros
Company uniforms
Cons
Unethical supervisors
Low pay for OTR "Regional Dedicated"
Dedicated Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 19, 2018
I've been here for about a year as a Regional Dedicated driver. It's basically OTR with all the headaches it comes with, plus what a local driver has to do, but the pay of an average OTR company.

It's not really Regional because you run northeast too.

For being gone away from home all week long, helping unload trucks with a pallet jack or sometimes doing it by yourself on a forklift...the pay is pretty lacking for what they ask of you.

They compensate for those tasks but there is a lot of driving involved...I'm talking over 3k miles a week.

Even though they require you to haul hazmat, live on the road, unload the truck and drive northeast, don't expect to make what the linehaul guys are making, I say skip the Dedicated stuff unless you really need a job.
Pros
Hub mile pay, Low cost full benefits, Good manager
Cons
Low cpm, extra work, rarely home
Easy work...Good place to work.. one of the easier trucking jobs I’ve had.
Linehaul driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 11, 2018
I’ve only been at AAA for 2 months. I work the dock every night and then drive. Some nights I work the dock at a second terminal. Work is not hard, unless you make it hard. Everyone I come in contact with seems professional, everyone from management to other employees. AAA is one of the easier trucking jobs I’ve had comparing it to OTR driving and food delivery. You work hard but the pay is on par . I have the ability to earn more money if I’m willing to run a weekend.
Pros
Good pay, management is fair, One of the easier trucking jobs I’ve had, fun, challenging, everyone I deal with daily is or seems professional, Ability to make extra money if willing to work extra
Cons
Long hours, second terminal dock work, no life during the work week but that just means you’re not spending your money
Non fun place
Driver (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKDecember 10, 2018
Lies lies lies..and trucks are old and unsafe.no mechanics on site and always got low hours Qualcomm on trucks are outdated they say drivers don't work dock.but driver do work the dock management lies on interviews .they have to in order to get people hired
Pros
Cons
All trucks have problems
Job Clarification
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 23, 2018
Busy as far as production goes you have to unload a truck and take the freight to the correct doors within a hour. Sometimes you have to pace yourself cause of the amount of hours the company wants you to work. Its diverse in such as far as different ethnicity from different back grounds all their to get the job done.The hardest part of my job is the climate of hot and cold weather and the size of the forklift. Supervision is limited with my job but numbers give a production rate on the progress through out each day of work.
Pros
great benefits and healthcare
Cons
Climate of the waether
excellent place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSJanuary 20, 2019
I would still be there if I did not get laid off due to economy.
Company is great to work for employees are friendly management is excellent very relaxed atmosphere
Pros
Excellent company to work for
Cons
sometimes not a full 40 hour work week
great place to work
Network Dispatch and Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 16, 2018
enjoy working with drivers, and co workers, busy environment and will keep you on your toes, never the same type of day. You do need to know how the trucking industry works in order to comprehend the type of work that is required
unorganized. management sends you out on dock without knowledge of what or how they operate
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2018
not enough hour. work a few than they send you home. i was promised 10hr shifts . i barely get 6 hrs. once the work slowed more. i then was placed on call
Pros
i got the job
Cons
i barely worked
Great company,great management.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gray, TNJanuary 9, 2019
I hoped to retire with co.I made 1 mistake,and it cost me my job.If I had it to do over again,I would have been more vigilant of co.procedures,instead of being so complacent.
Pros
Great job, great equipment, treated with respect.
Cons
None.
Not good place to work for long
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Company is good but menagament is not nice
My recommendation is to stay away from aaa Cooper
Not good place for long term
And trucks are very old unless you drive line haul
Specially terminal in Bensenville is very bad
Terminal Menager is not nice
Pros
Holidays
Cons
So
AAA Cooper Transportation
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR II (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 10, 2018
AACT is a great company. I have been with them for years. There are many departments for employment. The managers and directors are wonderful to their employees. AACT offers great pay and benefits.
Early open hours make for a steady day for me
Dispatch Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 29, 2018
Steady work day. Start a clean day everday.
Good people to work with.
Computer system needs updated. Lots of paperwork. Love the early hours. Under paid clerks. Raises only 1 a year and not enough to keep up with other companies.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Favoritism
Good working with fellow employees
Pickup and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Good company to work for, has good benefits, good employees to work with. Need to improve on equipment, always breaking down and management needs improvement overall.
Pros
Good breakfast tacos
Cons
Communication
Bad place to work
Relay Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2018
Management was very hard to work for. They expect you to work 12-16 hours a day and will cuss you when you make mistake or falsely accuse you of things you had no part in.
Pros
Cons
No work life balance
Not for me
P&D Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 6, 2018
Moral in workplace was low and did not give any type of motivation to work. If you are the first driver in the yard, you will have to do extra work outside of what you were hired for.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Benefits lacking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Cooper Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.