AAA Cooper Transportation Employee Reviews

Stressful environment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 19, 2018
I was a linehaul driver who worked 2 docks. I was told right when I got hired by another driver, this company has a thousand rules and none are wrote down. This statement is 100% true. You get treated like a slave and never know when or if they will fire you and for what reason.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Good pay with long hours. Must be willing to work hard.
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNApril 4, 2018
Typical work day is minimum of 10 hours. Learned to work in a fast paced environment with heavy workload. Management is adequate as their hands are tied by those higher than them. Workers for the most part watch out for one another but can be cutthroat. Hardest part of the job is general fatigue due to workload/long hours. Best part of the job is satisfaction for having completed said work.
Pros
Good pay, hours if you want them or not, decent benefits.
Cons
Long hours if you want them or not. Extremely heavy workload. No overtime pay (time and a half, etc.)
Would rather not
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2018
sorry this not a good place to work there is a toxic system here that does not play well with someone who does not mind working there are procedures that are in place that plays favorites with some
Pros
Some people are good
Cons
Some are bad
This is what you're facing
DED Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 1, 2018
Generally a cut throat environment and management is horrible. The pay is good at first and then you get screwed after a while. they lie to get you in and continue to lie once you're in.
Pros
good pay at first
Cons
sorry managment
Great employees/fantastic opportunities
Purchasing Clerk/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 27, 2018
AAA Cooper is a great company to work for. It took me 3 years to get the opportunity to interview for a position at this company. When I was hired on the environment was welcoming and very helpful. Everyone at this organization cares about their job and company and it shows.
Pros
overtime
Excellent company
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAMarch 21, 2018
Excellent company to work for. The management and the supervisors are excellent teachers in the transportation business. The workplace culture is diverse.
Dedicated site not stable
Yard Manager / Dispathcer (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, IN 46052March 17, 2018
AAA COOPER is a good family oriented company. I was at a dedicated site that was not stable. Most coworkers were fun to work with. I would recommend this company to drivers.
Good company
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 10, 2018
Good Place to work But long hours no life outside AAA Cooper until the weekend. If you decided not to go to college and you want to make a great living this is the way to go.
Pros
you will be Financial set
Cons
No life working for any LTL company
All work that's all
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 10, 2018
Ok to work for. Good hours if you don't mined the work . Equipment is ok. AAA Cooper is updating there equipment. Work days are long . Work is very demanding . Management is ok.
productive enviroment
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 20, 2018
I loved working there, some co workers were not productive enough and required micro managed everyday and caused stress on others. I come to work to work.
Pros
good people good company
Cons
no advancement
great place
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 20, 2018
Go for it. If trucking is your true desire in life this is the place for you. I have nothing negative to say about the place because my department is amazing!
good work place
TRUCK DRIVER DEDICATED AND LTL (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FL 33069February 19, 2018
ok place to work i guess but management really sucks i dont know who hires managers that have never driven a truck in there life thats the only bad thing
Good company
Dock Worker / P& D Driver (Former Employee) –  5735 Little YorkFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day it involved me preparing my equipment to depart for my assigned route and departing. Then I would drive to assigned meet point and exchange trailer with another driver and return to terminal. The work environment was great. Management allowed you to come in and do your job without a lot of supervision. There really nothing hard about the job. I enjoyed the freedom of being on your own and taking care of business. Just doing what you need to do to get the job done.
Pros
Being on your own
Cons
I believe that the pay could be better
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 27, 2018
Income and benefits good. Paid holidays. Very fast paced work environment, which made for a great challenge. Most difficult part of the job was night shift.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Night Shift
Nothing Special
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mounds View, MNJanuary 19, 2018
It was a typical dock setting, with mostly just everyone just trying to work to get the job done, so that they could go home. It was only enjoyable when you could work with the right people.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Couldn't move up or increase salary.
Good job good money
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 18, 2018
I operated a tractor trailer at ACT for 25 years. I am currently enjoying retirement. My wife and I Raised 3 children owned a home always had good vehicles, including a motorcycle and a boat. We also enjoyed going on vacations.
The bills were paid and my children lacked for nothing. I worked Monday to Friday with
All the major holidays off ( this has a lot to do with the terminal one works at. Large terminals tend to operate almost 24/6 or 7
Days where smaller ones 18/5.) Sometimes the job was aggravating and other times very
Rewarding. The pay was always above average. Job is above average. We are talking truck driving. I can’t speak for office or
Mechanic personel. Also keep in mind we live
In an imperfect world.
Pros
Monday to Friday. Home every day/ or night
Cons
10-12 hour days. High med deductible
Growing Company
Professional Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJanuary 3, 2018
Quick paced, good equipment to drive. Family owned. Opportunity to grow within the company if you are interested. When you first start at minimum pay, you get a pay increase each month until you top out
Pros
Clean equipment, Reliable equipment
Cons
Too much freight loaded for daily delivery. Slip seat
amazing work group
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCJanuary 2, 2018
Great place to work, I will continue working here! I can come in and know there will not be any problems from mangers or co-workers. Everybody is very friendly and never scared to speak on a daily basis.
Hours are good pay could be better
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 20, 2017
Not a bad place to work if you don't mind making sh×t money. Hours are not bad. Sit around and wait a lot. Equipment is fairly decent. But the pay and benefits could be better the pay sucks.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Excellent Place to work for
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 18, 2017
This is the best company to work for. Management is awesome. They really and truly care about their employees and the well-being of the company. The workplace culture is very friendly and helpful. There was not a hard part of the job at all. The training was well developed and planned. The trainer was very informative and very helpful and skillful. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendliness and the helpfulness from management all the way down to the co-workers. I am so very glad to have been a part of this company and looking forward to the opportunity again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Cooper Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.