AAA East Central Employee Reviews

Productive and great place to work
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJanuary 5, 2019
Some offices are cut throat when it comes to the business but AAA offers many benefits to being a loyal employee. There are incentives galore and much room for advancement.
Good place to work, fast paced and difficult at times
Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHNovember 15, 2018
Worked on call line for automotive problems, could be stressful at times. Fast-paced and busy with some overtime. Learned a great deal about the area and great management and coworkers.
Pros
great salary, benefits, discounts
Cons
often worked after shift - not good for daytime school
Insurance agent
INSURANCEAGENT (Former Employee) –  WVOctober 11, 2018
They promise the moon on commission. Don't believe anything they say, they will lie right to your face.
You make decent $ during training for 6 month but that will soon be cut short maybe not the full 6 months, then they pull the rug out from you- total commission
They have a product that is not competitive in the insurance industry. You are spending more time on selling memberships and and meeting silly quotas to meet your tier for your pay.
Sales quotas constantly changing ( 3 times in one year). Basically your are working for $15.00 Hour, then you will be wrote up for not making un reachable quotas each quarter 3 write up's --your gone.
Management had their favorites only ones that sold because they were spoon fed leads and phones calls
You are competing with your own company there are too many independent agents selling aaa insurance that don't have to have the quotas you will have to sell.
Pros
Benefits, Hours m-f 9-5
Cons
Too many managers micro-managing
loved working there!
Auto Travel, Title and License Clerk (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 23, 2018
loved working there! I never intended to leave this place. I would still be there if it wasn't because when they started to downsize, I was lower in the totem pole. Seniority rules there
Pros
benefits, incentives, bonuses
Cons
seniority
Aaa is a well known around us and other countries
Sales Representative/Customer ServiceSales rep (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 30, 2018
I worked in the same department for 25 years I adjusted Too many changes throughout my years, the company is always evolving growing building changing, they have great employee benefits and incentives but recent changes within our compensation plan has made me decide to leave the company which I love so much
Pros
Great company to work for AAA
Cons
High turn over in staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 12, 2018
Full-time gives you benefits, 401k, medical, dental. Company gives yearly bonus's. Most enjoyable part of the job is the employees, hardest part is the managers. Very high turn over rate.
Benefits
Cons
High Turn over Rate
Great Pay, Room for advancement
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 7, 2018
Insurance and membership sales agent was a very fast paced position that made the day go quickly. Rarely any downtime, but the pay and incentives were well worth it. I have found all levels of management to be very supportive and the training before you start in sales is the most I have received working with other insurance companies. They really want their agents to know the product to provide the best service for their customers. It is fast paced and highly competitive but you will be rewarded for hard work by great commission and paid trips to wonderful places!
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Hours
Relaxed atmosphere and great people to work with
Auto Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brookville, PAApril 16, 2018
I loved my job here. If the benefits had been more affordable for part time employees, I wouldn't have left. After my divorce, tho, I needed full time work with benefits. AAA pays competitive wages and the office I worked in had great people to work with.
National Conference of Insurance Legislators’ (NCOIL) “Model Act Regarding Use of Credit Information in Personal Insurance
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 18, 2019
Immature manager will promise the moon on commission. Don't believe anything they say, they will lie right to your face.
You make decent money during training for 6 month which is training via email communication so be ready to read an email while selling memberships for AAA but that will soon be cut short maybe not the full 6 months, then they pull the rug out from you- total commission
They have a product that is not competitive in the insurance industry. Prospects need hardly any negative history for their credit rating and driving history.
You are spending more time on selling memberships trying to meet silly quotas yes sell for Bank of America Experian Credit Report Sprint and list goes on to meet your tier for your pay it’s a requirement to offer four to five products in addition to doing your job that you actually obtained A Property and Casualty License in Insurance- key word insurance. Members even feel bombarded they stated with some sales guy pouncing on them like a furniture salesman.
Sales quotas constantly changing so you have to convince members to the payment agreement for their membership or otherwise it doesn’t meet the metrics to be in a top commission tier- all this after selling more than 115 plus memberships solely on my own in a month.Basically your are working for $15.00 Hour, then you will be wrote up for not making unreachable quotas each quarter 3 write up's --you’re gone. Enjoy the degrading criticism from the management that is implied to be constructive however not worth my energy to argue that hard fact to a manager that was the absolute most
  more... phony individual I have met in my life.
You are competing with your own company there are too many agents selling aaa insurance that don't have to have the quotas you need to sell. Unless you are into overlooking federal law
Beware that CIS is backed by federal law, permissions from prospects is not an option according to the laws and I absolutely just love the reports showing consumers once they had a report inquiry done. I just love the fact that the federal laws have made it clear that Consumers Information Score is private information and requires similar to credit reports -PERMISSION: members complained several times that they in fact did not ever agree to this and I had no idea why they were receiving random quotes using theirs CIS to permit Auto Quotes from a non compliant agent. When this matter was taken to management they swept it under the rug again they will do whatever they need to so that it’s still making them commission and it’s like a recent corporation listed in the news that over time processed information without consumers knowledge or permission and where is the bank Wells at now and look at that amount the government is forcing them to pay as a penalty. I will help all consumers gain better protection now that I am far away from the corrupt slimy salesman. Documents to help this be stopped and integrity to do the right things in this life motivates me.
Branch Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2018
Very flexible with schedule when you have doctor's appointments. Also provides extra training when needed. Able to talk to management about any problems or situations
Horrible management
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 15, 2018
Missed work due to my girlfriend having a medical emergency was told to call hr called no one answered left a message was never called back until I was asked to return the office key sorry my girlfriend was pregnant and lost the baby and I missed work horrible management and horrible people
Cons
This is a brainwashing scheme
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ohioDecember 21, 2018
You get taught how to tell the members half truths, the same way they tell you half truths, and we are to make members satisfied by doing this. You get corporate ppl that come in and give you constant changes to their new proven ways. Just to find out for yourself, their proven ways fail 9/10 times. They sell you on how everything is tested and proven, you know, the C+ proven company. I know independent contractors who can even get an A+ on the bbb but they're proven and tested. Perfect example of a company that becomes a has been company if you don't keep up on technology and trends. You will become the blame as their scape goat as their scripts and etc, are fool proof. Even if you do everything their way, they still make you the blame while imposing on your bathroom rights and trust me, you need them so you may throw up in the toilets from their non sense.
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
your fault, your fault, it's ALL you, even with THEIR wording. It's YOU, they say
Gossiping workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJanuary 16, 2019
It is a typical call center but once out of training you are told everything you were taught is wrong. There is no straight answer from all the supervisors. Your supervisors can talk about you behind your back inside and outside of work. When you find out and report them to HR as the handbook states they place you on a paid leave then fire you for some made up reason without proof. If you press for proof they then use you are still in your 6 month probationary period and feel you are not a good fit. Yet your scores and stats are among the best in that center. When you ask about your compliant they claim it will be looked into. How you did not look into it and address it while I was employed? So do not work for this shady company. Oh and the bonuses forget about them because the surveys they send out from a third party over the phone are sent weeks later and you are given bad scores for the overall experience. ALso if they answer any question then hang up the survey still counts and the other questions are recorded as zeros. Zero is not even a choice.
Great place to work!
Dspatcher (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 15, 2019
AAA is a wonderful company to work for! They are willing and eager to train employees to give them the information they need to succeed in the jobs/tasks given to employees.
Good family environment with longevity
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAAugust 1, 2018
Very friendly place to work with great brand recognition. Not may opportunities for advancement at the branch level. Must be willing to travel to advance.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Punch in and out every day
Cool co-workers, supervisors were cool but upper management played a lot of favoritism
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 1, 2018
I liked working there. All.of my supervisors were really down to earth. I fell on hard times a few times and they REALLY worked with me and i appreciated that A LOT! No other job would do what they did for me. As far as co-workers...there were some that were like family and then there were some trouble makers. That just comes with working in call centers tho. They actually listen to employee's complaints and do what they can too fix it. Overall its an awesome place to work!
Pros
Compassionate
Cons
Favoritism
Productive workplace
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 6, 2018
Management is fabulous and fair. A typical workday is busy and fast paced. There are always new changes and challenges daily, which I thrive on. The hardest part of the job is not being able to give out hugs to the members who really can use one when they are having an awful day.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Need more happy and colorful paint in the center
Fast paced
Call receiver and dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVAugust 7, 2018
Very fast paced. Can be a bit stressful at times. They do give small rewards at times for a job well done. If your stats are good , you may qualify for monthly incentives. They pay well if you work holidays, double time and a comp day. The immediate supervisors are pleasant and helpful they strive to motivate you to do your best.
Nice people-Little Pay
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2018
Nice place to work, but the pay was not adequate to what we were expected to do on a daily basis. They want us to do more and don't want to pay their workers more. You don't see anything with the commission until after 2 years. There is a lot to learn, it was a lot more difficult than I had expected. All the employees were wonderful, I just wish it paid their workers a livable wage.
Potential
Branch Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 18, 2018
They put more value into the call center that has a high turn over but expect the front line people to take on more tasks with less pay. All the while they deal with members face to face unlike the call center. More focus and incentive for the front line people would go a long way. They are they face of the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA East Central. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight