AAA East Central Culture reviews

National Conference of Insurance Legislators’ (NCOIL) “Model Act Regarding Use of Credit Information in Personal Insurance
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 18, 2019
Immature manager will promise the moon on commission. Don't believe anything they say, they will lie right to your face.
You make decent money during training for 6 month which is training via email communication so be ready to read an email while selling memberships for AAA but that will soon be cut short maybe not the full 6 months, then they pull the rug out from you- total commission
They have a product that is not competitive in the insurance industry. Prospects need hardly any negative history for their credit rating and driving history.
You are spending more time on selling memberships trying to meet silly quotas yes sell for Bank of America Experian Credit Report Sprint and list goes on to meet your tier for your pay it’s a requirement to offer four to five products in addition to doing your job that you actually obtained A Property and Casualty License in Insurance- key word insurance. Members even feel bombarded they stated with some sales guy pouncing on them like a furniture salesman.
Sales quotas constantly changing so you have to convince members to the payment agreement for their membership or otherwise it doesn’t meet the metrics to be in a top commission tier- all this after selling more than 115 plus memberships solely on my own in a month.Basically your are working for $15.00 Hour, then you will be wrote up for not making unreachable quotas each quarter 3 write up's --you’re gone. Enjoy the degrading criticism from the management that is implied to be constructive however not worth my energy to argue that hard fact to a manager that was the absolute most
  more... phony individual I have met in my life.
Management had their favorites only ones that sold because they were spoon fed leads and phones calls
You are competing with your own company there are too many agents selling aaa insurance that don't have to have the quotas you need to sell. Unless you are into overlooking federal law
Beware that CIS is backed by federal law, permissions from prospects is not an option according to the laws and I absolutely just love the reports showing consumers once they had a report inquiry done. I just love the fact that the federal laws have made it clear that Consumers Information Score is private information and requires similar to credit reports -PERMISSION: members complained several times that they in fact did not ever agree to this and I had no idea why they were receiving random quotes using theirs CIS to permit Auto Quotes from a non compliant agent. When this matter was taken to management they swept it under the rug again they will do whatever they need to so that it’s still making them commission and it’s like a recent corporation listed in the news that over time processed information without consumers knowledge or permission and where is the bank Wells at now and look at that amount the government is forcing them to pay as a penalty. I will help all consumers gain better protection now that I am far away from the corrupt slimy salesman. Documents to help this be stopped and integrity to do the right things in this life motivates me.
Insurance agent
INSURANCEAGENT (Former Employee) –  WVOctober 11, 2018
They promise the moon on commission. Don't believe anything they say, they will lie right to your face.
You make decent $ during training for 6 month but that will soon be cut short maybe not the full 6 months, then they pull the rug out from you- total commission
They have a product that is not competitive in the insurance industry. You are spending more time on selling memberships and and meeting silly quotas to meet your tier for your pay.
Sales quotas constantly changing ( 3 times in one year). Basically your are working for $15.00 Hour, then you will be wrote up for not making un reachable quotas each quarter 3 write up's --your gone.
You are competing with your own company there are too many independent agents selling aaa insurance that don't have to have the quotas you will have to sell.
Pros
Benefits, Hours m-f 9-5
Cons
Too many managers micro-managing
Great Pay, Room for advancement
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 7, 2018
Insurance and membership sales agent was a very fast paced position that made the day go quickly. Rarely any downtime, but the pay and incentives were well worth it. I have found all levels of management to be very supportive and the training before you start in sales is the most I have received working with other insurance companies. They really want their agents to know the product to provide the best service for their customers. It is fast paced and highly competitive but you will be rewarded for hard work by great commission and paid trips to wonderful places!
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Hours
Relaxed atmosphere and great people to work with
Auto Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brookville, PAApril 16, 2018
I loved my job here. If the benefits had been more affordable for part time employees, I wouldn't have left. After my divorce, tho, I needed full time work with benefits. AAA pays competitive wages and the office I worked in had great people to work with.
Too much stress
Branch Specialist (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHFebruary 19, 2017
AAA East Central used to be an enjoyable place to work. However, the culture there has changed since being bought by ACE of Southern California 2 1/2 years ago. There is pressure to meet all kinds of monthly goals and if they are not met, you can go on probation and possibly be terminated for not meeting those goals, and this goes for even long time employees. They will let you go in the blink of an eye no matter how well you perform in other areas. Monthly goals MUST be met and this involves getting/selling a certain number of: Credit cards, travel and insurance referrals and auto/home insurance policies. Clients are sent out customer service cards to review their experience with AAA and you must get the highest rating or you can again be put on probation for that reason. Atmosphere/job culture is also strained as employees are constantly afraid they will be terminated. They sometimes advance from within but not normally. So, my overall rating is too much stress involved in working there.
Pros
nice managers
Cons
too stressful
Helping Pepole That Need Help
Customer Service Representative/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 15, 2016
Great place to work to help people. Everyone breaks down and when you need help a AAA agent is there for you. Great felling going home knowing you helped people to safety.
Loved the clients and assisting with there travel needs
BRANCH SPECIALIST IV (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 30, 2016
The staff at my office was great! The upper management didn't really no what was going on in the branch offices on a day by day. They really dropped the ball on communication. Overall nice place to work.
Pros
loved the customers
Cons
pay
What could have been....
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 1, 2015
This job was very successful for me, I learned a lot in my 6 years here but it could have and should have been so much more but the company lacked an overall positive job culture and a solid upper management direction for everyone to follow.
The overall experience of working for AAA has been a rewarding and valuable learning experience.
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 25, 2013
Typical days are very full and provide a decent level of satisfaction. Co workers are very competent and professional.
Easy going
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 6, 2013
A typical day at work varies depending on the mail and the needs of managers. Management for the most part is easy going and understanding; as are the co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job it Derby week. We participate in the Bed Race and Pegasus Parade.
Pros
Yearly bonus
I love my job!!!
Emergency Road Svc Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 17, 2013
I assist members with their emergency roadside service needs!!!
Pros
great job, love my co-workers & mgmt.