AAA Hoosier Motor Club Employee Reviews

Observe before accepting position
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 21, 2018
* Visit your Branch as a potential customer as to observe - get an idea of the personnel, work practices and attitudes; as much will not change once you join.

* Commissions are provided but you REALLY must keep your own records to match against what shows up in your paycheck then hope you're righted BEFORE the next pay cycle - unless you're in with management and can get live check BEFORE then.

* Commissions opportunities can be reduced when Membership provides ample free memberships; so beware of what old employees cited.

* Get a much training as possible and document when are told to perform otherwise or it will bite you.
Pros
Diverse customer service training experience
Cons
Management not consistent
Travel Agent's You Can Do Better
Travel Manager???? (Former Employee) –  Avon, INDecember 5, 2018
The typical day was listening to gossip and negativity, loved the clientele but couldn't handle the environment. If you want business as a travel agent you will be busy, but you better be prepared to get leads for the insurance side of the business, and answer phone calls which 90% of the time are for roadside services these things are expected from management and road service employees. If you don't answer the calls be prepared for inner office backlash, they do not understand the extensive research and time it takes to book a trip, so if you are on the phone they assume you aren't working and you have to listen to them complain. The office in Avon is a real drag, even being an optimist and happy person, they will suck it out of you.
Pros
Basic AAA Membership, Discounts
Cons
Gossip, Negativity, Poor Management
A very professional company with great management
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2018
I have both life, health and property and casualty licenses and in 2014 decided to use the P/C as it was a salaried position. I am grateful for the opportunity at AAA Hoosier Motor Company as it broadened my insurance education in understanding auto and home insurance coverage and I worked with great people in a very pleasant atmosphere however I missed meeting with clients face to face in the home similar to when I worked at Physicians Mutual selling in particular medicare supplements and life insurance(10-10/4-14) so I would like to return to something similar if possible.
Pros
free lunches at times
Cons
Didn't really enjoy being in a call center
the job eas cut and dry
FLEET DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 12, 2018
its a ok place to work but to many politics games in fleet ok you are a driver for a fleet out fit and if you get in a accident and it was not on you you bet you will be fire but play it cool quit be for thay fire you . if a supervisor tell you jump and go you will find your self with a write up will be coming to you its all games with this place if you dont fit in you are a out cast and you will be out the door fast its not a place to call a job
Pros
exter cash
Cons
mind games
loved the job pay was horrible
Technician III Tow Truck Driver/ Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 5, 2018
for everything you do for the company the pay was absolutely horrible. the guys that you worked with was enjoyable. never had any issues with the management if you saw them. some of the customers was always so happy to see me. when i was injured not from work they helped me out was able to keep working with them. one thing i loved about the job was that every call tested my mind to see how i was able to get the vehicle on towed safely
A very nice place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46208June 6, 2018
A very nice place to work. Everyone is friendly and out going. Always something new to learn. Management would help were ever they were needed. Everyone was treated with respect and made to feel comfortable.
non-caring
Battery Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 11, 2018
a company that cares less as long as they have a warm body in a truck. Poor management, very low moral of employees, poorly maintained vehicles and equipment.
Pros
good people to work with (non management)
Cons
too many to list
This is a great environment to learn and grow while helping people in need.
Manager of Dispatch Operations (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2018
We created a good workplace culture with plenty of support for everyone to complete their jobs.

When I walked through the door there were filing cabinets where the dispatch center now operates. We now help hundreds of people each day. There have been close to two dozen internal promotions within the department. The process has been refined and continues to grow as each day passes.
Pros
Each call handled is someone helped during a time of need.
Cons
95% satisfaction rating could be 99%
Small Group
Supervisor, Communication Center (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2018
Working in a small group helped build culture. We got to know each other and watched each other's children grow over the years. We just simply worked well together.
Horrible job if you want a life or family
Roadside Emergency Tech II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 2, 2018
They do not pay the drivers enough to risk lives on the side of the highway. Get laughed at by management when you say anything about a raise. They don't care you have a family at home and treat all drivers line bad. Make mandatory overtime and work holidays for all now not by seniority as they say and managers don't have to work those hours. Nice to help people, but the job isn't worth it. Raises are a joke!
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No time for family
Good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2017
it was a good place to work I learned a lot about customer service and being a driver working with different types of people it was a nice place to work
Nice place to work
Tow truck Driver -Drive (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2017
Nice place to work if you like working on cars and towing cars and meeting people as long as you make the best of your job there it is a good place and good people to work with.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2017
Good place to work. Excellent for gaining experience. Great people working there. No issues. Benefits are good too. Will miss the people if I leave.
Overall decent place to work but salary cap
Membership Supervisor (Former Employee) –  3750 Guion Rd Indianapolis, IN 46222August 16, 2017
I supervised 4 employees all with different personalitiies of course but in the past year some became very combative with each other. I loved my manager but I was responsible for the employees, after 22 years became too much.

I loved my job the data entry part and communicating with some of our members was the most enjoyable part of my day and the bonuses were great as well.
Pros
bonuses, vacation, flexibility
Cons
rude members, insubordinate employees, lazy manager, salary cap
Just some bs
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2017
It was cool to work at,at first,but then the unfairness,and favorites came into play,the bonuses were great at times and you can do your job the right way and get recognised for it,I always came in early and left late and still didn't get recognised
Pros
N/a
Cons
Down your back, changing rules all the time
Good working environment, Stable company.
Auto Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 29, 2017
* Membership Sales
* Assistance in domestic and international travels
* Daily Accounting
*Customer Service
* Recruited to help with Grand Openings.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Pay, No room for growth
fun for traveling
ERS Tech II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2017
pretty steady pace. not to hard just doing basic auto care. fairly simple stuff. a chance to get familiar with the city. only thing that sucks is mandatory over time in the winter months.
Pros
frequent breaks
Cons
sitting a lot
New Enviornment and lots of changes for the better
Employee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2017
Great life-work balance place to work. The company has seen a lot of change in the last 12 to 18 months all for the better. Lots of new upper management making changes for the better and to help the company be competitive. New, well maintained trucks and lots of focus on our members getting good service.
Pros
Free AAA membership and discounts, good benefits
Cons
Still some old ways of doing things
Great place to work for second income
Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  KokomoApril 4, 2017
While this company is a well known company it has areas of improvement such as pay and benefits. There seems to be little to no room for advancement. I would recommend this company to someone who is looking for a position to be a second source of income. They only allow Full Time work and they lack consistency across the offices.
Pros
flexiable schedule to acommadate family life
Cons
low pay no room for advancement
Easy work
Emergency Road Service Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2017
The work is easy great for someone right out of school or a collage student . You will learn customer service skills and navigation skills . You will also learn time management skills.
Pros
Being out side
Cons
Being out side

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Hoosier Motor Club. Our community is ready to answer.

AAA Hoosier Motor Club Reviews by Location