AAA Hudson Valley Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Busy and multi-tasking position
Auto Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  AlbanyJune 2, 2015
As an auto travel counselor, my main duty was to help members of the corporation with their memberships, and also help them map out directions and give them information on specific travel destinations. I also took payments, I used microsoft excel, microsoft word and microsoft outlook. I learned how to sell and buy back foreign currency, I took emergency road service calls, located the members, and used the switchboard every day.
Pros
commission on top of base pay, working in an office environment with other like minded individuals
1 of the best places to work
Tow Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 21, 2015
AAA was actuail a great place to work. Ide go back in a heartbeat. Managment spoke to you as equals and respectfully. Dispatchers were on the ball and helpful when you needed them.
Pros
fast paced and always busy
Cons
senior driver was a feal jerk and imposible to work or communicate with
They pretend that they're good to their employees
Auto Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 14, 2014
Worked here for a long time. Enjoyed my coworkers and the vacation discounts. There is no way to move up higher in this company. Management is decent but HR is terrible. I had a 401k and had no idea how to work it to benefit myself at no help from HR. The existing management has been there since the beginning it seems so anyone who's in a smaller position just stays there with little to no wage increase. They don't pay fairly either. It's rare that anyone moves from Auto Travel to Travel Agent because they would rather hire elsewhere.
Pros
Decent benefits, good coworkers, company events regularly
Cons
Bad management, no room for advancement, weird hours for office employees
Not a nice place to work
Auto travel (Former Employee) –  Albany, nyJuly 10, 2014
Unfortunately due to the poor management (not all but most) this particular division of AAA is not a pleasant place to work. The management staff puts blinders on and allows the long-term employees to act very immature and unprofessional which makes it very difficult to remain professional during the work day and deal with customers appropriately. There is absolutely NO teamwork as everyone is constantly stabbing each other in the back instead, it was the strangest work environment I have ever been involved in during my whole working career. New people coming in dont have a chance to survive, the veterans, lie, cheat and undermine all you do to make you look bad to push you out. Again, it's a very, very strange situation.
Pros
AAA is a great service, so selling the actual service and all that it has to offer was easy to do.
Cons
Poor working culture - no teamwork at all!
Not a nice place to work
Auto Travel Counselor/Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 3, 2013
A horrible place to work. The Management was absolutely horrible. Some members of management got off on seeing people eat dirt. I enjoyed the work and helping the customers. Management was disrespectful to some employees and the culture their is very negative towards their employees.
Pros
I enjoyed the work day and my co-workers.
Cons
Management treated people very unfairly
Provide support for a medium size business
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 27, 2013
Provide support for a medium size business and work to upgrade the infrastructure.
I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Road Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Delmar, NYJanuary 1, 2013
Part-time job -Emergency road service call taker.
People stranded on the road -car stalled ,lock keys in vehicle.
I would locate drivers - tow truck. Locksmith.Would talk with police
to get help to stranded motorists.Had to learn use of Radio Dispatch system , and computers.
Pros
helping people especially in winter.
Cons
no upward movement from parttime to full time.
Great Company to work for
Service Driver (Former Employee) –  Hudson Valley, NYOctober 3, 2012
I loved this job and all of the employees that I worked for. The job is different everyday. It is never boring. I got to see other towns, cities and states on long haul tows. The management staff are very understanding and very easy to get a long with. This is the best job I have ever had.
Pros
hours, pay, job itself!
Cons
nothing
Not the place to work if your looking for a career
Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 7, 2012
Each AAA branch is independantly operated, some are run better than others
Pros
aaa is a well known company
Cons
sub-par pay, changing schedules, only a few long term employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Hudson Valley. Our community is ready to answer.

AAA Hudson Valley Reviews by Location