AAA Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Job Security
Technical Support Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 9, 2018
If you keep your head down and work you can work here for the rest of your career. If you are looking for advancement in new technology that is transferrable to other companies this is not the place. The company has great sales numbers but are lagging in technology. If you are in any other career field except technology, I would say this is a good place to work.
Once upon a time was a great company
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 8, 2018
AAA used to have great management , was a great company to work for I was there 10 years the first 7 were wonderful until the top dogs pushed out most of management , replaced management , then the company went downhill from there.
If you work for member services you are the backbone of the company but they treat you as if you are nothing , don't count, they abuse work/home life balance to the max, under old management all employees were treated with respect , was appreciated new management not so much esp if you are a Member Service Advocate .
As the AAA Life in the Omaha Nebraska area grew , took on more responsibilities from the Livonia home office the company became more profitable which is a great thing however the more profitable the company became the greedier the the top dogs became , started a culture which was is not the same culture as it was when I had started.
They have a very high turnover rate, they don't care because people are expendable and has one manager said and I do quote " Member Services , they are nothing but servants" .
Benefits are good, great starting place to gains skills, licenses and great work friends so good starting place but not a place for "most" to stay.
Pros
Good benefits, good place to learn new skills
Cons
New management not kind or approachable .
Great company culture
Member Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 8, 2018
AAA Life Insurance is a great place to work. A typical day is answering inbound calls from customers.

I have learned that working for a company, such as AAA, has been a great learning experience for me. It has been many years since I have worked at a call center and impressed with the technology.

Management is kind, thoughtful and always looks for reasons to be an incentive based organization.

The culture is very friendly and team-oriented.

The hardest part of the job is being on the phone constantly with little time to complete other expected tasks with such a large call volume. Due to the high turnover, I assume.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture, great co-worker relations and most of all; the connection with customers. Assisting the customers in one of the most important aspects and most rewarding aspects of the position.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
N/a
Nice place to work
New Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 16, 2018
A typical workday involved reviewing insurance applications and contacting the sales team, client, underwriting or vendors to complete the documents for life insurance.
Management was always helpful to get the job completed.
The work culture can be a little cliquey and that can be a little difficult if you don't fit into a certain clique.
Pros
Nice office and location
Cons
Cliques
Productive and fun place to work
Member service advocate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 18, 2018
Was A great Company to work for...continual training and busy most days.... Overall however, Is a great company to work for. The company had Mandatory Overtime but were also given the Opportunity to do Voluntary Overtime
Pros
treats employees very well
Cons
Mgmt I feel didn't communicate very well with us.
It all depends on your manager and which department you are in.
New Business Professional (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 15, 2018
A job in AAA Life is different depending on which department you work in and who your manager is. Some employee clumps are immature and unprofessional while other departments are the opposite. The benefits are excellent. Unless you have a job that requires an advanced degree, the pay is low.
The company is doing well and exceeding goals each year. Across-the-board bonuses are awarded regardless of individual achievement.
Free AAA membership every year.
Pros
Good benefits and discounts
Cons
Some departments have to clock in and out with timed breaks
Stress
Temp to Hire (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 28, 2018
poor call center manager with a mission to become Mutual of Omaha. Training was good, spent hours on phone trying to upsell and explain products to people receiving mailers
Fun and productive place to work
Sr. Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 5, 2017
Worked on the mailings of applications for Life Insurance. Had to make sure the applications had the correct language for the states they were mailing to.

It was a very fun and productive place to work. Everyone worked well together.
Ok
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 11, 2017
The company was good to work for and the leadership was pretty cool as well but I have not worked for this company is over 3 years so I cannot give an account of what is like to work for them now.
Overall a great place to work.
Operations and Licensing Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2017
Management is focused on career development for their employees.
The employees are kind and forward thinking. The culture is upbeat and they strive to provide superior customer services, while striving to keep employee morale high.
Pros
Free lunches, Great bennifits, and positive Morale
Cons
Working out of Omaha limits your opportunity for advancement.
Great benefits
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 25, 2017
Attendance policy is too harsh, need to revamp that. Otherwise it is a good place to work. Managers were not helpful with getting on the phones when call volume was high
Avoid at all cost
Agent Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 9, 2016
This place is very hostile, horrible managers, bullying is encouraged, Human Resources is a complete joke. From day one I was over worked, never ever told I was doing a good job, manager played favoritism, and was expected to work endless hours of overtime. Please take any other option you may have but this place. I promise you it's NOT worth it!!!!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
High turnover and horrid management
Member Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 28, 2016
The member services department is strictly concerned with calls per hour. There is no difference to the micromanaging supervisors wether it was a good or bad service call, as long at you take a lot of calls and don't give incorrect information. There is no work life balance and a lot of favoritism. Very high turnover for a reason.
Pros
Pay and schedule, benefits
Cons
Literally everything else.
Avoid at all cost
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2016
Member services has about a 95% turnover rate due to absolute refusal to cooperate with employees from managment and up. Pay and benefits are good. Nothing else. Enjoy asking for the chance to get a day off only if you ask 3 months early. Meetings with the CEO are great hearing him talk about never adapting new technology to help assist customers and even better employees. Zero intrest in employees as a whole.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Toxic eviorment, horid managment.
Hostile work environment with unprofessional management
new business professional III (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 28, 2015
The person who described the environment as "toxic" in their review described it best. Management and other employees set you up to fail. Managers openly favor their "friends" while mistreating others. The system that is used to track your work performance is outdated, inaccurate and flawed, negatively impacting reviews and bonuses. The managers, especially the night manager, are abusive, dishonest and incompetent. We are often openly and publicly compared to pizza delivery workers or fast food workers. I've stayed for the health insurance but the emotional distress inflicted by this place has caused me to put in my notice, nothing is worth this torture. This place is a complete nightmare. If you enjoy laughing, smiling, being polite and respectful towards others.......you will not fit in.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
Too many to list. Unorganized, highly poor management who specialize in favoritism
Toxic work environment with abusive manager!
New business professional II (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 25, 2015
THIS IS A HIGH VOLUME INBOUND CALL CENTER....However you will not be told this during your interview! Worst decision I have ever made in accepting this position. Zero opportunity to change shift from 12:30 to 9:00. Unrealistic production expectations. Back stabbing co workers which is not only condoned by management but actually encouraged! Management style is lead by fear. You will be told where the door is should you feel so inclined to express real concerns. Night manager openly compares to New business professionals to the skill set of a pizza delivery driver and burger King workers. Extremely high turn over rate as a result. Outdated production reporting system shows incorrect numbers and counted against you. You are expected to handle complex policies of the poorest input quality from other NBP's who are not held accountable for quality while being expected to answer up to 40 calls from aggressive and at times verbally abusive life insurance agents. Disgusting, abusive, controling, emotionally corrosive work culture! I have been here 4 years only because I need the medical insurance for medical condition that I couldn't afford a gap in coverage to take another job. But I am now interviewing at Walmart and will take any position to get out of here!
Pros
Great benefits bcbs, pto 11 hrs per month, 9 paid holidays
Cons
No time for breaks, short lunch, low pay, insecure managers, shift hours suck
Met with prospective clients at office.
Life and Annuity agent (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 3, 2014
Sat down with numerous clients daily and reviewed their insurance needs and wants. Hardest part of the job was to get some clients to sign on the dotted line. obviously the most enjoyable times were when other clients did sign for the programs I suggested to them.
Pros
Building relations with fellow agents
Cons
Frustrations with unwilling customers.
Flexible working
New Business Professional II (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 20, 2014
I think that this is a great company to work for. They have awesome managers and leads for guidance. However, It is not the best place for a bubbly creative, out-going person such as myself.
A typical day would be coming in, check my email and voicemail and wait for my lead to assign work to me while working on my other cases (about 100 to 250 per month) and updating my manager on any special request from agents or customers.
At AAA Life Insurance company I learned what a team is. I learned what HARD WORK is and I learned that no matter how tough things get, being in a environment with a person like myself, you WILL have to smile eventually.
The hard part is maintaining your case load. Key: Focus on the things that MUST be completed today, and save the rest for later. I enjoy being my teams morale. I encourage, I motivate, I share resources (business and personal) and I make work fun yet professional and within standard.
Pros
Flexibility, good management, nice people, good benefits.
Cons
lots of pressure, VERY high Standards and sometimes a little unforgiving.
Small company with family atmosphere
SENIOR FINANCIAL AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 18, 2012
Advancement prospects are limited, but co. is stable. Easy commute in a nice suburban area.