AAA National Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Established company struggling to change management culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLApril 22, 2018
Too many layers of governance to get anything completed in a timely fashion, yet clubs and management push for "speed to market". Every department is short staffed and most are doing the job of 2 or 3 people. Some of those in management are stellar at what they do, others you have to wonder how they got to the positions they have within the company. Most people have been working there for close to or over 20 years, some with attitudes of "waiting for retirement" and no sense of urgency with their work.

Benefits are okay, on par with other companies in the area. Used to have better benefits, but that changed in 2017.

Decor is as old as the building and not much is being done to upgrade the areas visitors don't see. Common areas have been refreshed, but working areas still have the same carpet and cube walls from the 80s.
Pros
Onsite cafe.
Cons
Way too much governance.
review
ERS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2018
relaxed atmosphere, low stress.regular call center expectations. high call volume strict on schedule adherence, hold time, handle time, etc. Room to grow but limited.
Favorite job ever
MEMBER RELATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2017
My department manager was the reason why working at AAA was so great. My team was amazing and everyone worked together. The managers and supervisors were always understanding and they always put family first so they understood and were flexible when it cam to family emergencies. I went through the hardest times of my life and without that job I would not have made it through and they were there for me every step of the way!
Productive and friendly work environment
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 14, 2017
I am currently working at AAA as a java developer. I have developed new Payment Gateway Implementations for the Connect Suite web application. Also I have developed new functionality for Connect Suite and other projects. I have fixed many bugs in the application as well.

 Developed two new payment gateways for the Connect Suite application.
 Have fixed various bugs in the application.
 Developed new functionality.

Friendly work environment
I have grown as a programmer.
Nice company to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 18, 2017
It was nice to work. Better than the average company. I worked there for a few years. The people were nice and we had discounts in the cafeteria. It is a federation of clubs, so corporate did not have a lot of say on that the clubs did.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
A little bit of office politics
Productive and fun
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 10, 2016
I think one of the main benefits to working here are the people. Everybody gets along. The work can be challenging however the deadlines are manageable. You are never ever asked to work overtime however if systems start going down, you will get called.
Pros
People
Cons
Politics, Context switching, typical big company
Good pay and great work team
Contractor/Painter (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GA 30071October 31, 2016
relocated in TX and Athens, Ga
prepare the work site
prep and paint all types of surfaces
learn different painting technique
worked in team of 2/3 workers
clean the job site
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of work
Excellent organization
Quality Assurance Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 22, 2016
Very responsive to contractor needs and provided all resources requested by the consultant groups. Excellent teams that listened and responded to consultant suggestions.
Great reputation
Editor, Traveling (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 25, 2015
PRO: An open-door, inclusive company with a renowned reputation
CON: Hesitant to adopt modern strategies; Slow to move forward with creative innovative ideas; They say they want your input and suggestions, but they don't implement them.
PRO: One manager can be very flexible
CON: The next will be a micro-manager
PRO: Travel opportunity permits GREAT flexibility and freedom to make your own schedule, which is very appealing, especially if you are not a "desk" person
CON: Travel requirements means that work-life balance is nearly impossible
PRO: If you are single, this is a great place for you
CON: If you have a spouse, pet, child, or other reason to enjoy a happy home life, that part of your life WILL end.
Learning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLApril 25, 2012
I loved everything about working at MetLife. The culture is great. The benefits are awesome and overall the company is supportive of it's employees.
Pros
salary, benefits, culture

Want to know more about AAA National?

Ask a question
Great Experience
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 9, 2012
- Excellent management.
- Supportive team members.
- Great Experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA National. Our community is ready to answer.