AAA Northeast Employee Reviews

Stressful job
Flatbed Tow Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 2, 2019
I wouldn’t refer anybody to work here. The benefits are great, pay is ok but the management and communication sucks big time. Managers and dispatch will put every thing on the driver as there fault and don’t take any responsibility. Dispatch will throw you under the bus. They will lie on you about things you never done. When you do you actual job they get mad and they target you. Not a secure job they will let you go in a heartbeat. If you a stress free person then stay away from this job.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Job is stressful
Hot mess
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 28, 2019
I didn’t even have a manager because mine just quit. It took months for them to even choose a new person, let alone train her. The person I had to “report to” couldn’t even bother to remember my name after about 8 conversations. My training was awful. We had no support when we first went on the phones because they pulled our helpers to go take calls. We were absolutely just thrown to the wolves. We were told to just transfer people if they didn’t need our department... It didn’t matter where, “just get them off the phone”. I didn’t get a coaching or have a “team meeting” for months. I absolutely did not matter. Then, people were coming in and being sent home without pay because they hired too many people and there were not enough desks.
Pros
Free AAA
Cons
Everything else
A rare gem of an employer
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 25, 2018
AAA Northeast is a rare opportunity to feel like you matter. For 3 years, I was able to work my way up in the company while attending school in my chosen field, and it has given me skills I will use often. My manager was my mentor and always had a kind word; she remembered small personal details and made everyone feel important, while keeping people on task and leading a very large team. The culture was so friendly and open, even though there are numerous sites and over 3400 employees with events like Employee Appreciation Day and quarterly snack surprises. The hardest part of this job was leaving.
Pros
culture, free membership
Cons
hours not flexible, no remote work option
very difficult job
Member Relations Counselor (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 27, 2019
Company does not have a good culture or environment. Stuck in the stone ages. No room for advancement and CEO wants every employees time accounted for. Every department is different, some department are favored more than others. There are no enjoyable moments and the raises are cents.
Customer Service
Member Service Counselor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 21, 2018
AAA is a great company. The company allows you to be yourself while allowing you to grow and take on new challenges. They take care of their employees in more ways then one and look to hire from with in the company before going outside of the company. There are many opportunities for lateral movement which makes the company appealing to many.
Not a good place to work
FLAT BED TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Avon, MANovember 14, 2018
Management doesn’t communicate and the pay is not acceptable for what you have to deal with on a daily basis. Your work schedule is very confilicging and they never have enough resources for everyone and the trucks are not 100% safe to drive
Be focused
Road Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTSeptember 27, 2018
If you focus on speed, Proficiency in your craft, and being able to interact with all different types of people you'll get much further. You will also make far more from tips.
Pros
Tips, your own truck, freedom to use your own tools
Cons
You are a solo act, you have to request a job, and work for a tip
Not for me
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  ProvidenceNovember 19, 2018
Was not the place for me not a very happy place very stressful not enough help and not enough pay for the work and what is expected very hard place to work
Pros
Take care of enp on holiday
Cons
Not a happy place
AAA Northeast is a great place to work!
Member Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 31, 2018
My manager is amazing! The supervisory staff is also amazing. We enjoy our shift working together. It is like my second family here. Everyone is very caring and kind. We get along and laugh and make the best of our shift. I would recommend AAA to anyone looking for a job.
Pros
Everyone is very friendly and helpful
Cons
the pay
It is a very good job and I love what i do
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJanuary 18, 2019
I have learned a lot about people and how to keep a smile on my face 90% of the time. I do not lose my patience at work and that is very hard for me. I love working with the stations.
Horrible Management
Member Branch Service Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
Manager makes the work place extremely uncomfortable to work in. Co-workers are great to work with but there is a lack of communication between some in the office. We deal with some very nasty customers that have no patients to wait in a line. Its usually real busy during the summer time.
Cons
Part-time evening call center job
Call Counselor/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 6, 2018
The job was great as a second job. Unfortunately, the call center was eliminated in my area. The position was moved to Providence Rhode Island, the pay and benefits are not worth relocating, and the job was not guaranteed. I would have had to apply and interview for the position in Providence.
Fast-paced work environment with "2nd family feeling"!
Call Center Roadside Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 13, 2018
Never a dull moment is the best way to describe the way the culture and work environment within AAA Northeast. Changes to software or policies are almost on the monthly, so if you don't mind quick changes, AAA might be the place for you! Most of the management staff is willing to assist you. Great place to earn good and meet new friends if you are that much of an out-going person.
Pros
Room to grow / plenty of learning tools
Cons
Too much management!
Many changes
LEAD MEMBER SERVICES COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 21, 2018
Learned a lot my years here. I did grow and I met some wonderful people. A lot has changed in the company. It is not the same as it was when I first started. The hardest part now is the pay. Overtime has been taken away. Benefits are not the same. Morale is low and atmosphere has changed.
I learned so many various job skills at AAA. Everything from answering phones to working for the registry of motor vehicles and currency transactions
Member Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMay 23, 2018
This was a great job. I loved working in customer service and providing the best possible satisfaction to each and every member. This job give you so many skills. They train you to be your best. It’s unfortunate that I got sick because I would never have left this job.
excellent work environment
INSURANCE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP II (Licensed) (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 6, 2018
a fast paced work environment come in prepared to solve any insurance issue that comes. it is not a pass it on to the next person environment. very family oriented , easy to get along with people .
fun place to work
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2018
It was a very intense job making sure to send the correct vehicle to help the members. We worked hard but it was a very upbeat place and I attribute that to the management. I would research and solve problems for my supervisor because he knew I would get the job done. The only reason I left was to retire. Now I realize I can't make ends meet on my retirement. I was allowed to work from home for many years due to my health issues. They were great about that.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Done know of any
Unprofessional work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NYMay 3, 2018
AAA Northeast has a toxic workplace culture. Excellent quality and hard work is not rewarded. Upper management and supervisors set a poor example by not following corporate policies themselves. Demeaning work environment for women.
Pros
Cons
Toxic culture, low pay, multiple inequities on too many levels
Micro Managed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 12, 2018
On the phones all day. Micro Managed. Every second of the day they monitored you. They knew when you went for a rest room break, lunch, meeting, cafeteria Anytime you walked away from your desk you had to punch a number into your phone.
They monitored every call that you were on and critiqued every word that you said. They monitored every key stoke that you put into one of their systems and critiqued that as well.
Pros
Free AAA Club Membershi[
Cons
To much monitoring
AAA was my favorite job
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 16, 2018
I had such a pleasant experience working for AAA. The management team was helpful. The office manager was excellent. Like any other customer service job, there were times where clients were upset due to the situation they were in at the moment. Of course, that is completely understandable in a roadside assistance role. However, working with such an amazing team behind me including teammates and supervisors that cared, made the job one that I wanted to return to each day I was scheduled. I, unfortunately, had to resign after losing what I thought was reliable childcare. If I could go back to AAA. I definitely would.
Pros
Multiple shifts available including full time and part time
Cons
Just wish that the healthcare was a little more affordable