AAA Northeast Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun place to work
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2018
It was a very intense job making sure to send the correct vehicle to help the members. We worked hard but it was a very upbeat place and I attribute that to the management. I would research and solve problems for my supervisor because he knew I would get the job done. The only reason I left was to retire. Now I realize I can't make ends meet on my retirement. I was allowed to work from home for many years due to my health issues. They were great about that.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Done know of any
productive and enjoyable to work
Roadside Technician II (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTMay 7, 2018
They provide everything you need to perform your task throughout the day. The benefits are very good and membership for employees is provided at no cost.
Pros
Alot of perks and discounts
Unprofessional work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NYMay 3, 2018
AAA Northeast has a toxic workplace culture. Excellent quality and hard work is not rewarded. Upper management and supervisors set a poor example by not following corporate policies themselves. Demeaning work environment for women.
Pros
Cons
Toxic culture, low pay, multiple inequities on too many levels
Fast and productive workplace
Call Counselor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 23, 2018
Sedentary, if you love sitting down answering call after call for 8 hours straight this is the job for you. Nice environment to work in and a cafeteria and vending machines on premises.
Pros
AAA membership for free
Cons
8 hours of sitting down
Fine company
Copywriter, Editor and Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 23, 2018
Very professional and positive company that cares about all their employees and about all their clients. Upstanding and very community-oriented place to work.
Great company!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 22, 2018
Great place to work. Company treats employees very well. Great people and culture, Getting a free AAA membership is a plus. A lot is expected of you on a day to day basis, but it is like that any place you work.
AAA was my favorite job
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 16, 2018
I had such a pleasant experience working for AAA. The management team was helpful. The office manager was excellent. Like any other customer service job, there were times where clients were upset due to the situation they were in at the moment. Of course, that is completely understandable in a roadside assistance role. However, working with such an amazing team behind me including teammates and supervisors that cared, made the job one that I wanted to return to each day I was scheduled. I, unfortunately, had to resign after losing what I thought was reliable childcare. If I could go back to AAA. I definitely would.
Pros
Multiple shifts available including full time and part time
Cons
Just wish that the healthcare was a little more affordable
Great place to work , but has the worst management and the employees are in cliques , too much favoritism not enough genuiness and team work
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTApril 13, 2018
Only enjoyable part of the job are the benefits the pay and the feeling you get when your able to help one in need . The supervisors are awful and rude no respect for others and show a lot of favoritism . There’s too much drama it’s like high school all over again .
Cons
Drama, Stressful
Easy and Rewarding Call Center Environment
Call Counselor Roadside Assistance and Membership (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 12, 2018
Management is friendly and assists you while you help members who are calling in for roadside service or membership benefit information. Scripts are provided to aid in collecting necessary details to dispatch correct services to the correct location.
Pros
Free Premier AAA Membership
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity
Micro Managed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 12, 2018
On the phones all day. Micro Managed. Every second of the day they monitored you. They knew when you went for a rest room break, lunch, meeting, cafeteria Anytime you walked away from your desk you had to punch a number into your phone.
They monitored every call that you were on and critiqued every word that you said. They monitored every key stoke that you put into one of their systems and critiqued that as well.
Pros
Free AAA Club Membershi[
Cons
To much monitoring
Fast paced work environment
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 10, 2018
Answering inbound calls from customers regarding account status,necessary changes to existing accounts; Assisting customer with any additional product requests. All phone calls are monitored to ensure quality of member satisfaction, reviewed by management and discussed monthly with call counselor to ensure customer satisfaction.
Management only carea about themselves
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  New York StateMarch 31, 2018
I work for this company for a long time. In the travel Department all they care about is Goals. They don't care about you, they have reports that they look at all day and to them you are just a number. Management only cares about covering their job not yours. Write-ups flow like water and if you are not liked you will know it. Management have their favorites and if you're not one of them favorites good luck going into a place that is tolerable.
Pros
The discounts on travel
Cons
Training coverage is generic, all about numbers abd favoritism
interesting and intense in certain situations
ROADSIDE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 23, 2018
a typical work day you get to fleet get in your truck and go out on the road to help out members. It can be difficult at times with cars driving by behind you on highways and roadways. They will teach you how to safely tow and secure a vehicle. Supervisors there are amazing not so much with the other managers. When your on the road other drivers will go out of there way to assist you if you need help.
Pros
free membership
Great place to work for.
Roadside tech tow (wrecker) (Current Employee) –  Woburn maMarch 9, 2018
Full timer wrecker driver. Great Benfits and relaxed environment they take care of there employees and make sure everyone is safe before anything else trucks could be better but not the worst by any means
Not the best company to work for
ROUTE DRIVER/BATTERY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAFebruary 28, 2018
On a typical day I would be called to disabled vehicles to adhere to their flat tire, no gas, lock out or battery not working. I enjoyed what I did but management was hard to work for and there was no room for advancement
Productive, safe and friendly environment
Roadside Service Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 26, 2018
Safe environment with friendly faces and people who were always willing to assist. Work flow was steady and everyone were focused. Would receive calls from those in need of roadside assistance and would send them help as quickly as possible.
Not recommended. Pay was not what was promised.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bow, NHFebruary 23, 2018
Very Non Safety Oriented. No Police coverage on Interstate working environment. Was brought up to management who could have cared less. I actually felt safer in IRAQ.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
All other things. How you get paid.
Aaa
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work. All the people were excellent and very kind. The training was well organized and I always felt comfortable. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Multi-faceted position.
Executive Assistant, Sr (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAFebruary 8, 2018
Interesting job with varied responsibilities. Interacted with all levels of employees. Friendly co-workers. Pleasant working conditions. Worked with Board of Directors, highest level of management as well as entry-level employees.
Pros
Excellent benefits and pleasant working environment.
Cons
None.
Great work environment.
HR Communications & Event Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 2, 2018
This internship was a great opportunity for me to experience an administrative work environment. I had a great team to work with and together we put on a lot of great events.