AAA Northeast Employee Reviews

Part-time evening call center job
Call Counselor/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 6, 2018
The job was great as a second job. Unfortunately, the call center was eliminated in my area. The position was moved to Providence Rhode Island, the pay and benefits are not worth relocating, and the job was not guaranteed. I would have had to apply and interview for the position in Providence.
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 17, 2018
I didn't enjoy working for them I personally didn't work there long but their pay is poor and they refuse to make people fulltime because it slows down when its nicer out
Nice place to work
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 7, 2018
Worked for AAA for over 35 years and enjoyed my time there immensely. Highly recommend that anyone looking for a job consider AAA not only in New York but throughout the country.
I learned so many various job skills at AAA. Everything from answering phones to working for the registry of motor vehicles and currency transactions
Member Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMay 23, 2018
This was a great job. I loved working in customer service and providing the best possible satisfaction to each and every member. This job give you so many skills. They train you to be your best. It’s unfortunate that I got sick because I would never have left this job.
Very Good Place to workd
AAA Northeast Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 22, 2018
Enjoy each day at AAA, culture is wonderful. AAA is all about the people that work there. They recognize the success of each employee and celebrate your achievements. Always offering career advancements and career pathing. AAA is a place where you stay for a very long time.
fun place to work
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2018
It was a very intense job making sure to send the correct vehicle to help the members. We worked hard but it was a very upbeat place and I attribute that to the management. I would research and solve problems for my supervisor because he knew I would get the job done. The only reason I left was to retire. Now I realize I can't make ends meet on my retirement. I was allowed to work from home for many years due to my health issues. They were great about that.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Done know of any
productive and enjoyable to work
Roadside Technician II (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTMay 7, 2018
They provide everything you need to perform your task throughout the day. The benefits are very good and membership for employees is provided at no cost.
Pros
Alot of perks and discounts
Unprofessional work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NYMay 3, 2018
AAA Northeast has a toxic workplace culture. Excellent quality and hard work is not rewarded. Upper management and supervisors set a poor example by not following corporate policies themselves. Demeaning work environment for women.
Pros
Cons
Toxic culture, low pay, multiple inequities on too many levels
Member oriented with 5 Diamond Service
Team Leader/Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJApril 25, 2018
Member oriented with 5 diamond service
Surveys to members for employee reviews of service given to member at point of sale..
Employees not a priority.
Great Company to work for
Lease Adminstrator/Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 24, 2018
Great company with very comfortable work environment, managers are thoughtful and easy to work with, excellent corporate culture with a very friendly atmosphere
Fast and productive workplace
Call Counselor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 23, 2018
Sedentary, if you love sitting down answering call after call for 8 hours straight this is the job for you. Nice environment to work in and a cafeteria and vending machines on premises.
Pros
AAA membership for free
Cons
8 hours of sitting down
Fine company
Copywriter, Editor and Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 23, 2018
Very professional and positive company that cares about all their employees and about all their clients. Upstanding and very community-oriented place to work.
Great company!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 22, 2018
Great place to work. Company treats employees very well. Great people and culture, Getting a free AAA membership is a plus. A lot is expected of you on a day to day basis, but it is like that any place you work.
AAA was my favorite job
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 16, 2018
I had such a pleasant experience working for AAA. The management team was helpful. The office manager was excellent. Like any other customer service job, there were times where clients were upset due to the situation they were in at the moment. Of course, that is completely understandable in a roadside assistance role. However, working with such an amazing team behind me including teammates and supervisors that cared, made the job one that I wanted to return to each day I was scheduled. I, unfortunately, had to resign after losing what I thought was reliable childcare. If I could go back to AAA. I definitely would.
Pros
Multiple shifts available including full time and part time
Cons
Just wish that the healthcare was a little more affordable
Great place
ROADSIDE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Union, NJApril 14, 2018
Great place to work very easy to move up great raises every year I want time break management great employee development AAA and will be the last place I work
Great place to work , but has the worst management and the employees are in cliques , too much favoritism not enough genuiness and team work
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTApril 13, 2018
Only enjoyable part of the job are the benefits the pay and the feeling you get when your able to help one in need . The supervisors are awful and rude no respect for others and show a lot of favoritism . There’s too much drama it’s like high school all over again .
Cons
Drama, Stressful
Easy and Rewarding Call Center Environment
Call Counselor Roadside Assistance and Membership (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 12, 2018
Management is friendly and assists you while you help members who are calling in for roadside service or membership benefit information. Scripts are provided to aid in collecting necessary details to dispatch correct services to the correct location.
Pros
Free Premier AAA Membership
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity
Micro Managed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 12, 2018
On the phones all day. Micro Managed. Every second of the day they monitored you. They knew when you went for a rest room break, lunch, meeting, cafeteria Anytime you walked away from your desk you had to punch a number into your phone.
They monitored every call that you were on and critiqued every word that you said. They monitored every key stoke that you put into one of their systems and critiqued that as well.
Pros
Free AAA Club Membershi[
Cons
To much monitoring
Fast paced work environment
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 10, 2018
Answering inbound calls from customers regarding account status,necessary changes to existing accounts; Assisting customer with any additional product requests. All phone calls are monitored to ensure quality of member satisfaction, reviewed by management and discussed monthly with call counselor to ensure customer satisfaction.
Management only carea about themselves
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  New York StateMarch 31, 2018
I work for this company for a long time. In the travel Department all they care about is Goals. They don't care about you, they have reports that they look at all day and to them you are just a number. Management only cares about covering their job not yours. Write-ups flow like water and if you are not liked you will know it. Management have their favorites and if you're not one of them favorites good luck going into a place that is tolerable.
Pros
The discounts on travel
Cons
Training coverage is generic, all about numbers abd favoritism