AAA Northeast Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
FLAT BED TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Avon, MANovember 14, 2018
Management doesn’t communicate and the pay is not acceptable for what you have to deal with on a daily basis. Your work schedule is very confilicging and they never have enough resources for everyone and the trucks are not 100% safe to drive
A rare gem of an employer
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 25, 2018
AAA Northeast is a rare opportunity to feel like you matter. For 3 years, I was able to work my way up in the company while attending school in my chosen field, and it has given me skills I will use often. My manager was my mentor and always had a kind word; she remembered small personal details and made everyone feel important, while keeping people on task and leading a very large team. The culture was so friendly and open, even though there are numerous sites and over 3400 employees with events like Employee Appreciation Day and quarterly snack surprises. The hardest part of this job was leaving.
Pros
culture, free membership
Cons
hours not flexible, no remote work option
Be focused
Road Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTSeptember 27, 2018
If you focus on speed, Proficiency in your craft, and being able to interact with all different types of people you'll get much further. You will also make far more from tips.
Pros
Tips, your own truck, freedom to use your own tools
Cons
You are a solo act, you have to request a job, and work for a tip
excellent work environment
INSURANCE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP II (Licensed) (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 6, 2018
a fast paced work environment come in prepared to solve any insurance issue that comes. it is not a pass it on to the next person environment. very family oriented , easy to get along with people .
AAA Northeast is a great place to work!
Member Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 31, 2018
My manager is amazing! The supervisory staff is also amazing. We enjoy our shift working together. It is like my second family here. Everyone is very caring and kind. We get along and laugh and make the best of our shift. I would recommend AAA to anyone looking for a job.
Pros
Everyone is very friendly and helpful
Cons
the pay
Many changes
LEAD MEMBER SERVICES COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 21, 2018
Learned a lot my years here. I did grow and I met some wonderful people. A lot has changed in the company. It is not the same as it was when I first started. The hardest part now is the pay. Overtime has been taken away. Benefits are not the same. Morale is low and atmosphere has changed.
Horrible Management
Member Branch Service Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
Manager makes the work place extremely uncomfortable to work in. Co-workers are great to work with but there is a lack of communication between some in the office. We deal with some very nasty customers that have no patients to wait in a line. Its usually real busy during the summer time.
Cons
Part-time evening call center job
Call Counselor/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 6, 2018
The job was great as a second job. Unfortunately, the call center was eliminated in my area. The position was moved to Providence Rhode Island, the pay and benefits are not worth relocating, and the job was not guaranteed. I would have had to apply and interview for the position in Providence.
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 17, 2018
I didn't enjoy working for them I personally didn't work there long but their pay is poor and they refuse to make people fulltime because it slows down when its nicer out
Fast-paced work environment with "2nd family feeling"!
Call Center Roadside Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 13, 2018
Never a dull moment is the best way to describe the way the culture and work environment within AAA Northeast. Changes to software or policies are almost on the monthly, so if you don't mind quick changes, AAA might be the place for you! Most of the management staff is willing to assist you. Great place to earn good and meet new friends if you are that much of an out-going person.
Pros
Room to grow / plenty of learning tools
Cons
Too much management!
Nice place to work
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 7, 2018
Worked for AAA for over 35 years and enjoyed my time there immensely. Highly recommend that anyone looking for a job consider AAA not only in New York but throughout the country.
I learned so many various job skills at AAA. Everything from answering phones to working for the registry of motor vehicles and currency transactions
Member Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMay 23, 2018
This was a great job. I loved working in customer service and providing the best possible satisfaction to each and every member. This job give you so many skills. They train you to be your best. It’s unfortunate that I got sick because I would never have left this job.
Very Good Place to workd
AAA Northeast Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 22, 2018
Enjoy each day at AAA, culture is wonderful. AAA is all about the people that work there. They recognize the success of each employee and celebrate your achievements. Always offering career advancements and career pathing. AAA is a place where you stay for a very long time.
fun place to work
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2018
It was a very intense job making sure to send the correct vehicle to help the members. We worked hard but it was a very upbeat place and I attribute that to the management. I would research and solve problems for my supervisor because he knew I would get the job done. The only reason I left was to retire. Now I realize I can't make ends meet on my retirement. I was allowed to work from home for many years due to my health issues. They were great about that.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Done know of any
productive and enjoyable to work
Roadside Technician II (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTMay 7, 2018
They provide everything you need to perform your task throughout the day. The benefits are very good and membership for employees is provided at no cost.
Pros
Alot of perks and discounts
Unprofessional work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NYMay 3, 2018
AAA Northeast has a toxic workplace culture. Excellent quality and hard work is not rewarded. Upper management and supervisors set a poor example by not following corporate policies themselves. Demeaning work environment for women.
Pros
Cons
Toxic culture, low pay, multiple inequities on too many levels
Great Company to work for
Lease Adminstrator/Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 24, 2018
Great company with very comfortable work environment, managers are thoughtful and easy to work with, excellent corporate culture with a very friendly atmosphere
Fast and productive workplace
Call Counselor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 23, 2018
Sedentary, if you love sitting down answering call after call for 8 hours straight this is the job for you. Nice environment to work in and a cafeteria and vending machines on premises.
Pros
AAA membership for free
Cons
8 hours of sitting down
Fine company
Copywriter, Editor and Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 23, 2018
Very professional and positive company that cares about all their employees and about all their clients. Upstanding and very community-oriented place to work.
Great company!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 22, 2018
Great place to work. Company treats employees very well. Great people and culture, Getting a free AAA membership is a plus. A lot is expected of you on a day to day basis, but it is like that any place you work.