AAA Northeast
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

AAA Northeast Employee Reviews

United States352 reviews

northeastroadsidetowmembershipmemberroadsupervisorcenter

It's a awesome career not a job

Featured review

AAA Northeast selected this as a representative review
Work-life balanceGreat place to work. Flexible with familyPay & benefitsGood benefitsJob security and advancementWill train you no judgmentManagementMngt will help you have good can do attitudes. Very helpful we all matter no blurred linesCultureWill provide all tools do preform duties off siteOverallI love what I do. I always try to let people around me know best job i have ever had hands down. Safety is paramount. Training is a must help is only a phone call away. State of the art facilities and equipment. Truly a wonderful place to work

Sell sell sell

Horrible management experience. Do not recommend. Commission is structured in a way that it is nearly impossible to earn. There are way better sales jobs with much better incentives.

AAA Northeast insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

great part-time job

A very flexible work schedule. You set your own hours within certain perimeters and days. You get to meet a lot of very enthusiastic students and get to produce safe confident drivers. Great job for a retiree or someone looking to supplement their income. Be ready for a lot of information and technical sharing with the kids. Make sure you can deliver when teaching in the car and on Zoom. Lots of fun and interactions.

Pros

part-time flexible

Cons

working with the RMV

tow truck dispatcher

Overworked only care about their performance numbers, not the employee. The graded you on four calls you took out of the 6-7 thousand phone calls you make or get at your desk every month.

Pros

Cons

everything

Literally high school all over again

The job was cool until you realize some co workers are “cooler” with the supervisor than you are. You will drive for hours and when you arrive to a location you’ll see another AAA truck who could have done the job in 10mins but instead they send the furthest truck to make the job difficult. God forbid you don’t sell a battery lol I thought it was roadside assistance and not retail .. I quit as soon as I found a better job!

Pros

Double pay on holidays

Cons

They force their medical insurance on you even if you have you own insurance

You’re just a number

Don’t recommend to people who need work life balance. Not as “family friendly” as promised. Disorganized management and lots of misinformation about procedures. High employee turnover. Not flexible scheduling.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Strict on adherence- good luck using the restroom.

Manager

The job was pretty cool. I like working with people and helping them out but the pay sucked and the management was unprofessional. Other then that no issues.

Pros

Tips

Absolutely Amazing Benefits. Although, pay could be better!!

The benefits are endless but There could be better communication between the levels of chain of command. Could offer Better pay for tenured employees.

Pros

Free Membership at the highest level, life insurance plans for you and your entire family.

Cons

Lack of Communication between higher ups and the entry level employees.

Great Place to work including Home & work balance

AAA Northeast treats all employees as valued members of the club. We serve our members and the club also serves its employees in a way that is rarely seen in any company.

Pros

Matching 401k, PTO health insurance WFH opportunities. Education Paid!

Cons

Positions and jobs have not kept up with inflation

Treat this job as a transitionary job.

Make this job a transitionary, in between job, and not your career. There is nothing good about working here except the jokes along the way. No one is above being talked about in a negative way and the pay isn't enough motivation either.There's a reason why 7 people left within 6 months of hire in this year alone at this location, most of the quietly, some not so much.

Pros

Jokes and that's it.

Cons

High stress, short breaks, mediocre pay, two-faced coworkers, phones are a source of high stress..

Good job

Good job pays okay. Face paced keeps you thinking. Can get pretty busy but just do one call at a time and you will be alright I would recommend this job to anyone.

Great

Great company to work for willing to work with your availability to give you the days off you need to make sure you get your things done you got to do

Choose a job you love!

AAANE provides an amazing workplace culture, sense of inclusion and the contagious energy of working together towards common goals. I have been with the club for over 17 years and continue to be impressed by our values driven mission and member/employee focus. Tons of opportunity for growth and career ladder movement and have been an example of that myself..... I am proud to work for AAANE!

Pros

Supportive environment, career growth, employee/member focused

Cons

No cons to list here!

Great company to work at

From top down, the people care about each other and our members with great collaboration from all areas. Benefits are excellent with great options including 401K match.

Good Company to Work For

All around good company to work for. It's a long-standing, very reputable organization with a record of more than 100 years of servicing members. It is employee centric and has good benefits.

Big no

Was once a great place to work. Everyone that has been there for years left, the job will burn you out. Constantly getting verbally abused by members on the phone because they have been waiting for hours and they think it’s your fault. Place has gone downhill. Glad I left.

A secure/friendly environment to be an ambassador for!

I have been employed with AAA a little over 10 years and honestly there is no company out there that does more for their employees. The benefits are absolutely amazing. Tuition reimbursement up to 6k annually, Up to 6% dollar for dollar 401k match.... Reasonably priced health insurance.... A free AAA membership, top tier membership..So many different business lines to work in and amongst.... Plan on retiring at AAA....Even our philanthropic efforts are 1st class....With our contracted band we were able to deliver over 800k meals to meals on wheels recipient's that were restricted to their homes during Covid19s height in 2020...... We serve as a way of life!

Pros

Growth opportunities, Stability, Never any lay offs which is key....AAA has 60 year employees no joke!

Cons

Resources, workload can be overwhelming

Work Life Balance Missing and Money Driven

After all the years working for the company the pay rate is below average. During Covid the reassignments to Road Service was a very degrading step down.We were left in the this position for over a year and most left the company due to the mentally draining job. Many expressed their mental anguish and felt their concerns were never addressed. Definitely the company has changed from a company who cares for its members to a company who is money driven. I chose to find another company we’re life work balance was the main focus as well as company cared to make a positive impact on the world.

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Pay compensation

This isn't a place I would recommend anymore

The hardest part of the job was dealing with a terrible Boss who did nothing but make every interaction uncomfortable with their "Toxic" management style. The most enjoyable part of the job end of the day: When I left to Going Home.

Great place if you wanna get your foot in the door

Company has a great mission statement of wanting to help members, and they try to find ways to keep employees engaged and proud of their work. Most of the time it’s pretty great, you see people in the company with many years of longevity.That said, insurance is a tough line of work, but that’s just in general. Don’t go into it thinking it’s a walk in the park. But if you like a little challenge and you want stability, you’ll find it here.

Pros

Good employee benefits, fair work/life balance, training opportunities

Cons

Pay could definitely be more competitive, not nearly enough opportunities for advancement so high turnover is not that unusual, It can definitely feel like a popularity contest

Awesome company

Company is wonderful room for advancements pay is a little shakey but if you can manage yourself you can handle it until a raise which i see in the near future and started here not too long ago really a family friendly company that goes out of their way for the employees couldn't ask for a better company

Pros

Family friendly / Time off

Cons

Pay would be slightly better but otherwise nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Northeast. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare AAA Northeast with

AAA Northeast reviews by popular job title

• AAA Northeast