AAA Northeast

AAA Northeast insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

It's a awesome career not a job

Featured review

AAA Northeast selected this as a representative review
Work-life balanceGreat place to work. Flexible with familyPay & benefitsGood benefitsJob security and advancementWill train you no judgmentManagementMngt will help you have good can do attitudes. Very helpful we all matter no blurred linesCultureWill provide all tools do preform duties off siteOverallI love what I do. I always try to let people around me know best job i have ever had hands down. Safety is paramount. Training is a must help is only a phone call away. State of the art facilities and equipment. Truly a wonderful place to work

Decent place to work. Flimsy HR.

AAA Northeast is an okay place to work. My experience with management was overall positive, with a few characters that exist in every work environment. The workplace culture for our department is good and there is general support from those you work with. The HR department is questionable and missed the company culture training.

Pros

Supportive management and teamwork.

Cons

A lackluster HR department that does not care about the rest of the employees.

The company has a good environmental workplace. But, to there is some not friendly employees as well

AAA Northeast is a good company to work for. But, I have to look for another job because I'm moved ng to Texas. I'm a proactive person with a team player actitute.

Very happy

I honestly feel very fortunate to work for this company. I feel like I am a respected member of the team and all the upper management including the CEO are very approachable.

Pros

Salary, benefits, bonus structure all well above average

Cons

Perhaps a little behind on technological advances

Always something to do, if you get down time you can stay in your truck watch a movie or listen to music

Awesome Staff, reliable work, room to grow, and earn more pay. Lots of overtime if you like.Respond to Clients who joined AAA, serve their vehicles by Spare tire repair, Battery Jump, or to Tow with flatbed. Winter time you do extrications of vehicles only when it is safe.

Pros

Learn new things, Room to grow, and earn more pay

Cons

Nothing bad to say.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Job posting and duties were totally different

I worked at AAA for about 6 months . I honestly can say that the people I worked with were fantastic . My trainers were really good and prepared me for the job . It was a clown show on the floor . Endless call offs of other people leaving the staff continually understaffed and taking back to back calls of roadside that are difficult under best of circumstances. Management was aloof , very fake.

Pros

Good training and time off policy

Cons

Management very standoffish

Good Company and good culture

My experience with Triple AAA has been nothing but positive and my coworkers are some of the best I've ever worked with at a company.From the Hiring process to Training I've been supported and empowered to succeed.I enjoy my job and the customers are alright and the programs are easy to operate.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits and good culture.

Cons

No ready time between calls and the hourly rate could be higher.

Watch your back

They used me for what they needed me for, then cut my hours and my benefits to part time. You are micro managed from Rhode Island, the managers are too busy trying to look good to care about you. Especially S.R. he's out for advancement

Pros

Cons

Management doesn't care

Treat this job as a transitionary job.

Make this job a transitionary, in between job, and not your career. There is nothing good about working here except the jokes along the way. No one is above being talked about in a negative way and the pay isn't enough motivation either.There's a reason why 7 people left within 6 months of hire in this year alone at this location, most of the quietly, some not so much.

Pros

Jokes and that's it.

Cons

High stress, short breaks, mediocre pay, two-faced coworkers, phones are a source of high stress..

Very Stingy

Too much of the nonprofit mindset, which translates to smaller raises than at other companies. No wonder there is a good amount of employee turnover.

Pros

There are much worse places to work

Cons

Very little room for career growth

nice coworkers

Very stressful at times.Lousy work schedule.Too much micro managing. Long hours and having to work Sundays. AAA main objective is to increase membership. They do not know how to run a automotive service center.

Pros

Most coworkers are great. Free food in the lunch room at times.

Cons

Under staffed most days.

Once enjoyable, now I dread going to work.

Policies change week by week . New managers with the lack of knowledge about our abilities and job tasks in the real world. Unrealistic goals are set so that bonuses are unable to be obtained.

Pros

Weekly pay, benefits, 401k

Cons

Moral is low, constant policy changes, no justification of implemented change to supervisors actions .

Official response from AAA Northeast

October 12, 2021
While we’re disappointed to hear about your experience, we appreciate your constructive feedback. In the meantime, if you’d like to share more with us please email humanresources@aaanortheast.com. Thank you again!

Run

Training didn't teach half of what was expected at the job. Be prepared to have customers call in angry, screaming, cursing all hours of the day. It never gets better. The managers are no where to be found. If you have an issue locating someone you can't get any help.

Very nice people

The people that I worked with were very nice. I worked in other stores and they also were very nice. The company itself is a great place to work. The incentives and the benefits are just spectacular. You feel very welcomed.

Pros

Feel very welcomed

Cons

Covid I lost my job

Great company

Amazing company to work for. The membership department is the best. Everyone is so supportive and they are all so helpful and understanding. Absolutely love working for AAA!!!!!!

Pros

Great management

Cons

None!

Good place to work and pay

Good job as a tow driver with good pay. Training is good. They won't let you out on the road until your ready. Once your trained you work by yourself in your truck. If you should need help coworkers are always their for you. Great teamwork.

Pros

Good pay and managers

Good Salary

Salary is ehh, job is ehh, but its easy. Company is super positive and inclusive. But dealing with the crazies that come in is on another level. Definitely need to get other incentives to get good pay. Negotiate a good salary. They’ll give it to you.

Pros

Great monetary incentives

Cons

Only 30 min break on an 8 hr shift. Lots of pto but very little work/life balance

Real run down from someone has been here long

You're not going to find anywhere where you can basically start off at almost 20 bucks an hour with no experience whatsoever, people have been here already a year and a half or two years are easily over 20 bucks an hour, great compensation, 3 days off in a row, if you're pretty much upfront with the big guys and you've been doing everything on point they'll work with your schedule, myself and many others employees have been doing different shifts ever since we've been here and I'm coming up on 5 years. All you have to do is show up and work and that's it you'll be good.

Pros

Pay, three days off in a row, secure job

Cons

Very high pace in all weather conditions

Company Culture

Good place to work. Supervisors and managers are knowledgeable and supportive. Family like feel despite being a large company. Yearly bonuses tied to Club goals.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Micromanaged

Great family culture

AAA is a great place to work. Our mission of helping and serving holds true in everything we do. Great culture, great people. Competitive pay and benefits.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

No support and poor management

Job is simple enough, QA and management seem to have very shallow idea of needs of customers and employees. Insane call volume that doesn't get better over the year. During busy days management will be on top of you if you decide to take a short bathroom break. If you get a "bad call" management speaks to you in a condescending way with threats against your employment. They do offer tons of classes in which you can learn to use helpful tools such as MS office. Pay is above average, good amount of PTO although during busy seasons it become impossible to ask off.

Pros

Above average pay, Pto

Cons

Poor management

Official response from AAA Northeast

October 12, 2021
We’d like to learn more about your experience and the comments you shared. Please email us at humanresources@aaanortheast.com so we can learn more. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Northeast. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight