AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Sales & Service Generalist (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJuly 12, 2018
AAA NCNU is a great place to work. They are under going a lot of change which can be stressful, but it is needed for the company to continue to be around another 110 years. I will say that upward movement is limited in potential. If you are looking for a steady long term position, then this is your company. I can't wait to see what happens over the next few years for them. It can only be positive.
Pros
Great Pay for what you do, Great benefits, PTO is great
Cons
Upward movement is really only there if you want to relocate out of state
Study Work
Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 10, 2018
Study Workload
was able to cross train and learn different areas of claims
Management was good
could be to over welling with amount of work expected
Pros
They made it fun with contests
Cons
not a lot of team work
Nowhere is perfect
Call Receiver Senior (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2018
AAA represents Corporate America while still trying to maintain its integrity of serving its members. AAA is ever growing and ever updating its policies to evolve with the changing times. No company can be perfect. But this company, I believe, works hard to accommodate its members and its employees with meeting the challenges of daily like and work balance. While the culture of AAA is to have fun, be creative and grow as an individual, it can be very difficult to get to know your fellow employees. Overall, I would say that AAA is really a great place to work.
Pros
Great pay without a college education
Cons
Unrealistic expectations of management
cut-throat managers
Claims Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 4, 2018
The managers don't value their employees at all. It's a very cut-throat environment. The management doesn't have any idea what is involved in the day-to-day operations of a claims adjuster. They make willy-nilly decisions based on what they THINK the job entails, not what it really does!
Aaa ncnu
Director Automotive Services (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 16, 2018
Company focus shifted from providing the highest quality emergency roadside service to finding new revenue streams. Merging with other AAA clubs, and the integration was not well planned. Many areas were overlooked, especially those impacting associates and service providers from the new clubs who merged with NCNU.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work life balance
stressful management structure
Senior Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 19, 2018
I worked there a few years and I am no longer there

I was not able to travel to the Arizona facility where most of my internal customers were located.
Pros
Good Peers in my department
Cons
poor management
Un-nerving and on edge
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  OKCMarch 11, 2018
Just dont! It is not a good place! At first they make it appear that you will be promoted based on merit, but thats not the case. There is an extremely HIGH turnover and these are just SOME of the reasons why!
Pros
Salary is ok
Cons
Management sucks and doesnt stand by your decisions as an adjuster
great people/culture
Life Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAFebruary 26, 2018
excellent balance of competitive sales environment with relaxed atmosphere focused on client/member service
only negative was change in compensation undermined motivation for continued production
Terrible Management
Community Impact Specialist (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAFebruary 11, 2018
Inexperienced, cut-throat management. Do not recommend at all. Top management not in touch with mid-line managers and don't know what's going on. A gossipy, back-stabbing, unhealthy environment.
Good company with great benefits
Marketing Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 26, 2018
AAA NCNU is a nice place to work and offers great employee benefits. The employees are dedicated to serving the insurance needs of AAA members and they do their jobs well. I can honestly say that I enjoyed my 16 years with AAA NCNU, and am grateful for the opportunities it provided me.
Pros
benefits, people, direct supervisor
Challenging workplace
Product Line Specialist (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Management always change. They do not look at each individual's contribution to the company, and always change their vision and priorities. It's not the same company I used to work 10 years ago where you feel important and valued.
Pros
people you work with
Cons
change management
It was very busy and stressful in the DMV dept/window
Sale & Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Fast Pace work place, DMV window was very stressful due to demands of the customers. Supervisor wasn't there enough to manage a good schedule with the rest of the employee. Work Sch was always changing.
separation between field and main office
BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Redding, CADecember 26, 2017
Upper management goals and values are excellent. Pressure on the filed staff to make the profits to finance upper management's goals and projects is high and too often presented in a negative way.
Pros
Values
Cons
Management style VP down
Great company
Dispatch Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTDecember 23, 2017
Recommend every time someone asks. Great company to work for! Unfortunately had to relocate due to personal issues but overall loved the company. Management was great
Productive workplace
Call Receiver (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTDecember 2, 2017
AAA is very oriented on helping their employees and also working with them. The workplace culture could stand to be updated a bit. The most enjoyable part is helping others.
Overall a nice place to work
Senior Consultant/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 15, 2017
Typical day was managing large projects. I did several for the firm. They were many years behind in terms of project management.

They had a group focused on process improvement which was fun to work with and had excellent people
Pros
caring management
Cons
did not really know what they were
Sql dba
SQL Server DBA/Systems Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2017
Work was fast paced and critical. Was my first time being responsible for all aspects of database administration beyond reporting. The company was very employee oriented.
Tbd
Marketing Analytics Director (Current Employee) –  Nevada, CANovember 6, 2017
fun people, intriguing mix of marketing channels, company going through transition in both products and also in organizational structure. Company is able to be nimble as a competitive advantage.
Drive for education and growth
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTNovember 2, 2017
I love working at AAA! My manager does a phenomenal job at making sure we have a balanced work and home life. She is very interested in developing us and helping us grow towards what ever path we choose.
AAA has great benefits and very competitive pay. I also love that AAA focuses on Diversity and inclusion and we are always looking for new innovating ways to support our members and our employees. this is a great place for a career for anyone driven and willing to work hard.
Upper management changes frequently, but they always seem to keep the culture positive and remain true to their values and vision.
Pros
Free AAA membership, great tuition Reimbursement program
Cons
A lot of upper management changes
close to home
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Nevada, CAOctober 6, 2017
I interact with people on a daily basis whether on the telephone or one on one. Assisting them with issues on their automobile, homeowner, umbrella or billing issues. Management keeps us up to date on any changes regarding the guidelines or computer issues. I work well with my co-workers. I'm always in at work early to make sure all the printers are working , checking my desk and prioritize my work for the day.. i work hard everyday. When I don't have a client on my desk , I help assist in taking payments for the Cashier, or check the storage room, making sure the supplies for the office is well stored .. I don't think there is such a thing as the hardest part of the job, it's how one handles the issue in making sure it was resolved in a proper way.. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you helped a client and at the end of the day they are satisfied and happy with the outcome in resolving their issues with their policy and you explained their coverage in the simplest way that they understand
Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah. Our community is ready to answer.