AAA Northway Employee Reviews

MSA-Call Center
MSA - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 2, 2019
Base pay well below average, but incentives made for a livable wage if you were willing to work for it. Benefits were excellent, but growth and promotion within the company was virtually non existent. Management hired friends, family or anyone with a pulse if needed and than displayed blatant favortism despite it ruining morale. Most spervisors too busy looking out for themselves or were too immature to care about the employees.

Day to day work could be extremely stressful if you are overall sensitive or become easily frustrated. Most calls were emergency roadside assistance and you would spend time managing members stressful reactions or navigating policy and procedure.
Benefits
Cons
Management, culture, pay
A fun but structured work environment
Member Services Associate II (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 12, 2018
AAA Northway was a pleasure to work at. The position was fast-paced at times which was when I was able to work best. The employees at the other offices were extremely nice and pleasant when I interacted with them. Management was very fair to its employees.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, business casual dress code, great co-workers. Did not feel like work, more like a hobby.
Cons
Can't think of any
Loved My Clients
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYNovember 30, 2016
My overall experience with AAA was a positive one. I met amazing people, got to travel, and did what I absolutely love; making people's dream vacations come true. The hardest part of the job would be when someone's flight got canceled or needed to be changed or if someone had an unpleasant experience with one of the suppliers we recommended.

Unfortunately as a single mother I faced some challenges that ultimately lead to my dismissal from the company and I have since made the necessary changes to prevent that from happening again.
Pros
Travel, Educational Opportunities
Cons
Must work every Saturday, Not flexible when it comes to work/life balance
Busy place; excellent benefits
TRAVEL AGENT/MSA (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 30, 2014
A typical travel agent day was always varied; by that I mean I if it was a slow day I could spend much of it researching information on independent travel trips or finding the best fit for clients. I was a full service travel agent, which meant that I was first and foremost a frontline sales person. We sold everything from air, hotel, car rental, rail, cruise, vacation packages, side trips, insurance, and foreign currency. We were expected to upsell like any other retail store. We were lucky in that we had developed partnerships with many travel vendors to provide a benefit for clients/members to book with us that they could not get anywhere else.
As a Member Service Associate I created road trip routings called TripTiks, distributed tour books and maps, sold amusement park passes, movie passes, debit cards, travelers checks, E-Z Passes, International Driving Permits, and store items, and took passport photos.
The hardest part of the job was sometimes staying on top of a busy schedule. The most enjoyable part were the clients, especially those who were appreciative of a job well done, and doing research. I learned that you can never learn enough; there is always something you don't know or that things will change. We were always given training and expected to keep our certifications and training current, which I actually enjoyed. Of course, we were expected to behave in a very professional and courteous manner at all times.
Pros
Very good benefits; nice clients
Cons
Often very busy
Towing
Tow Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 8, 2012
Tow Truck Driver, Nice Job, Sometimes Very stressfull, only have 20 minutes to do a call and then drop off vehicle and not enough time to complete 2nd call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Northway. Our community is ready to answer.

AAA Northway Reviews by Location