AAA Ohio Auto Club Employee Reviews

Sad to say
Certified Travel Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 14, 2018
AAA is combing its management to three or four stores, which leaves stores without a manager or supervisor. They expect everyone to pick up the slack but with no compensation. Instead more workload, lack of staff, and no direction. And half of the stores are now moving into smaller spaces.
Pros
Can make your bucket list longer
Cons
No management
A very nice job, that pays decently but it can be dangerous.
Fleet Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 12, 2018
They are a very good workplace with good benefits and decent pay. Coworkers are very kind. Management has always been extremely fair and kind. They have always understood when things are out of your control and all of the management has worked the same job as you for a certain amount of time. They truly understand and try to make the work environment as enjoyable as possible.
Pros
Free AAA basic membership
Cons
No set breaks, long hours and can be very dangerous
Great learning experience not a long term job
Battery Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Great for a retired person
Not a long term job
Great learning experience
Hours are ok
There was no safety for drivers
No advanced in moving up
Great starter job
Not enough opportunity for growth
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHAugust 11, 2018
Micro-managed and didn't see a clear path for growth. Would have much preferred to be trusted and coached rather than dictated to and micro-managed. In the end, I learned a lot about who I am and what I wanted to become and assisted in honing my staff management skills.
EMERGENCY ROAD SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2018
I really enjoyed the management at AAA. What a great place to work. There were opportunities for advancement and flexible work schedules. Management was also great about job work/life balance.
First time issuing policies; prior experience service only
Insurance Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJune 6, 2018
AAA being an independent agency, I learned how to work with multiple providers. This was also the first opportunity in my career that i ever issued policies. Previous jobs were service based only.
good job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHMarch 12, 2018
I like the different options allowed for scheduling (4 10 hour days a week.

The people were nice

work was fast paced

best part no sales.. bye!!!!
Fast paced
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 9, 2018
Fast paced and stressful environment. Provides good pay for performance incentives. Not much room for advancement. 6 weeks of paid training at Columbus HQ
Excellent Place to work
Director IT Services (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHFebruary 7, 2018
AAA was a great place to work. There were challenges every day, but the work was rewarding. I was able to use all my skills from my management career.
Pros
Wide range of benefits and the ability to support multiple lines of business
What I learned
Roadside Assistance (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 28, 2018
I learned how to tow, flip, winch out and open doors. This job will put you to test to comfort people when they are stressed the most. The hardest part is when they have a problem even you can't solve.
Cons
Weather
Nice Relaxing place to work
TripTik Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHDecember 5, 2017
I only worked for the summer but it wasn't a bad place to work. Very relaxing people was nice. Training was decent, I was the youngest person there so had trouble relating but no drama lol.
Pros
Co workers, Environment
Cons
Sometimes was boring however
Nice place to build a career.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 1, 2017
I would still be working there if I did not move to another state.
Fair working hours and pay. Good benefits and match to 401K,
Unlimited learning opportunities.
Good place to work for entry level employees.
Insurance Agent/Producer (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHOctober 12, 2017
The work environment is pretty relaxed, and they have good benefits, with low pay for most positions. Also don't expect to move up in the company, people do not move from position. Its always just hang in there opportunities are coming in the future, but the future is yet to come.
Pros
Relaxed work place
Cons
Low pay
was stressful especially during the winter time
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 1, 2017
AAA was a good place to work for but in the winter very stressful worked a lot of hours but never got appreciated from upper management. we were the ones there all the time working but they got the bonuses not the employees.
Fast pace
assist members during emergency situations (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHAugust 20, 2017
It is a great place to work starting off in customer service. Do need to work on paying ers customer service agents more but management is amazing they work with you as much as possible
Pros
Great scheduale
Cons
Not paid enough
If you love travel this is for you!
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2017
My time spent with AAA Ohio Auto club was truly a great experience. I was a Travel Specialist, and loved every part of making a magical experience for a family, or newly wed couple.

I learned the in's and out's of travel within the USA, as well as travel practices and safety for international travel.

I was able to go on company paid educational trips, so that I would be able to come back to the office and "sell" the product better with first hand knowledge.
Pros
If you are a good specialist, and commited, the company will send you on paid trips to better experience what you will be selling.
Cons
wage and tuition assitance was a big con for me. They wanted me to have a degree before paying more, but would not help with tuition in order to obtain the degree.
Work
ERS Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHJuly 24, 2017
The company is great, i just need something more challenge, im a busy kind of person. The management is awesome, they will try to work with your schedule as much as they can.
extremely overwhelming
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHJuly 18, 2017
A typical day at work included working one-on-one with clients to book their vacation plans. You will also have to work the call-center, sell insurance, exchange currency, map-out trips and sell products. I learned a lot about travel while working here. The manager was fine. Her management style is a little more strict than others. The office was only occupied by myself, my manager and one other employee and they were both very quiet and uptight. Also the office was never very busy so it oftentimes felt very boring. The dress code is dress pants, black dress shoes and a AAA shirt. The hardest part of the job was balancing multiple clients at one time while following the protocol for the different types of trips/vacations. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the travel industry and helping people plan something fun.
Pros
good benefits and company
Cons
overwhelming
n/a
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  N Arlington, NJJuly 6, 2017
Very good company to work for. Great benefits, paid time off, decent hours, opportunities to travel. Six (plus) weeks paid training, travel reimbursement.
Amazing Oppurtunity
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHJune 27, 2017
Many people have complained about the salary. I think it's extremely fair this job doesn't require a college degree and starts out over $12 an hour (and gives consistent raises and bonuses based on performance). There's also the opportunity to make hundreds extra every month by selling the AAA brand it's not abnormal to make an extra $500-$1500 a month on top of your hourly rate these are called "incentives" . BUT you won't make that kind of money right away your first 3-5 months expect $100-$300 in "incentives" AND after 3-5 months don't expect to make extra without working for it. They will give you absolutely every kind of assistance needed to be successful and it's up to you how successful you are.

To sum it up this position is a marathon not a sprint the longer you work for the them the more you will make... if you work at it! If you're looking to make a quick buck this isn't the position for you. You also need to know how to use computers before working here and be willing to learn a lot in the first few months.

*The only thing I didn't like was that you start out with no sick or personal time so for the first 90 days you cannot take any time off.
Pros
hour lunch break, free life insurance, fair pay, tons of opportunity to make money, contests with good rewards
Cons
90 days before any time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Ohio Auto Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight