AAA Ohio Auto Club

AAA Ohio Auto Club Employee Reviews

United States60 reviews
Workplace was good. Great people
The hardest part of my job was listening to customers yelling about insurance prices. My boss was great. Great people I met. I felt liked. Good benefits.
Challenging, fun and rewarding
Working here has been a blessing. It is fun, challenging, rewarding and consistently evolving to meet the new demands and needs of active members. Helping people in their worst possible moments is a daily part of the job, having good people skills is a must. Management and staff are supportive of each other in a way that allows for life's unexpected problems to arise without incident, while keeping job security as a priority.
Nope
So many negative things to say but all I will say as of now, is that there is an overwhelming amount of criteria to meet to get a raise, and they have eliminated the possibility of meeting the criteria, because ALL goals have tripled. There is ZERO overtime allowed, so you will either take work home with you, or your clients will suffer. It used be a great place. Not anymore.
Bad job run the other way
Management lies, not paid fairly for the work you do and not valued as an employee. Stressful work environment and horrible accountability for management.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Everything else
Great environment. Dedicated to the Members and Associates
I've worked with several large companies in my career and have to say that AAA is the best company. They care about their Members and the Associates. I work hard and still find time to enjoy the interactions with the Members who walk in everyday.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
incompetant leadership
Worst Company ever! Focused on Columbus area only. Cares little about the outlying areas.border stores can't compete in other clubs areas low population rural areas
Company alright
The company itself has decent benefits and work environment, but is running the rural stores badly. More worried about what is going into the pockets of those at headquarters, then the consultants that are bringing in the commission. They neglect to tell you upon being hired you only receive a SMALL portion of the commission you bring in.
Low pay
Low pay unpleasant work environment . Forced work if weather conditions required. Minimal chance for advancement. Negative culture and stressed environment
Turn around and run in the other direction
This company allows friends to manage friends and does not care that it causes unfair treatment. If you get hired for the member contact center they will tell you that you absolutely cannot have overtime that it is not allowed. However, if you pay close attention one person in the office is always getting overtime. I mean every week! There is no work-life balance because they expect three weeks notice on needing time off. Completely unacceptable! Then they don’t have equal pay. People with less experience and education were making more than I was and one of them had not been there as long the other was only there a few months longer. The manager of the member contact center stands around the office trash talking employees with other employees when they are not around. One girl was out on medical leave and was referred to as immature and questioned on how she could afford apple products. I expect that kind of high school behavior out of regular employees but for the manager of the member contact center to be partaking is completely unprofessional and unethical!!!! They reward bad behavior and punish the people who actually show up and bust their tails to sale stuff to the members. Just because you haven’t been with the company very long nobody takes the time to listen to your concerns or hear you out in what is going on. While they are perfectly fine overlooking issues that truest affect employees and members alike, they are quick to threaten you with a write up if they don’t like the smell of your food!!! Yes that’s right them approving of you lunch is more important than them - more...
ERS Call Center
I don't know where to start. I was not there long. They are constantly understaffed and very frequently ask for overtime, burning out the ones who agree and shaming the ones who don't. The management staff are like a bunch of frat brothers and they play favorites a lot. Training is very lax and unstructured. They do not pay enough for their employees to make a comfortable living.
Pros
AAA discounts
Cons
Management, understaffed, pay
Horribly managed and miserable employees
I worked in the insurance area. There was a huge divide between the insurance and travel departments. The retail store insurance reps were treated like outsiders by the retail store managers. The pay is not great and the company made it hard for you to actually earn your commission. In the time I was there the pay structure in my contract was changed multiple times. If your i's were not dotted and your t's were not crossed you did not receive your commission. In the p&c world there is a lot of paperwork chasing for little payout. The manager would blame reps for things the manager did b/c the manager was not hitting the numbers needed to make quota. And not to mention, the manager did not know much about the carriers we dealt with at the time so we could not ask the manager directly for help with a carrier or underwriter. Side note: the company as a whole is horrible at wasting paper (printing excessively) and not recycling (think all the travel books, maps, etc.). Ugh.
Productive with great coworkers
Personally, I love it here. I have a great team behind me. It is a great environment and very positive. Some days are quicker paced than others but ultimately it is a great company to work for.
Benefits are ok, not competitive
Hardest part of the job is dealing with management. The Members calling in are cake. Members calling in frantic is understandable, you have to be able to deal with constant stress from deliverables.
Pros
Training
Cons
Culture, Management
Associates
My coworkers were great to work with. Coaching was disappointing. Learned a lot in the time that I was employed there. Travel to other locations was a plus.
Pros
Salary Coworkers
Cons
Not Family Friendly
Sad to say
AAA is combing its management to three or four stores, which leaves stores without a manager or supervisor. They expect everyone to pick up the slack but with no compensation. Instead more workload, lack of staff, and no direction. And half of the stores are now moving into smaller spaces.
Pros
Can make your bucket list longer
Cons
No management
A very nice job, that pays decently but it can be dangerous.
They are a very good workplace with good benefits and decent pay. Coworkers are very kind. Management has always been extremely fair and kind. They have always understood when things are out of your control and all of the management has worked the same job as you for a certain amount of time. They truly understand and try to make the work environment as enjoyable as possible.
Pros
Free AAA basic membership
Cons
No set breaks, long hours and can be very dangerous
Great learning experience not a long term job
Great for a retired person
Not a long term job

Great learning experience

Hours are ok

There was no safety for drivers

No advanced in moving up

Great starter job
Lucked out with my manager; stagnant company culture; out of date
"Duties as assigned" is the understatement of the century at AAA. In IT you're expected to do your job without your manager/director having any idea how to effectively commend you for it.
Not enough opportunity for growth
Micro-managed and didn't see a clear path for growth. Would have much preferred to be trusted and coached rather than dictated to and micro-managed. In the end, I learned a lot about who I am and what I wanted to become and assisted in honing my staff management skills.
I really enjoyed the management at AAA. What a great place to work. There were opportunities for advancement and flexible work schedules. Management was also great about job work/life balance.
First time issuing policies; prior experience service only
AAA being an independent agency, I learned how to work with multiple providers. This was also the first opportunity in my career that i ever issued policies. Previous jobs were service based only.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Ohio Auto Club. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight