AAA Ohio Auto Club Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
EMERGENCY ROAD SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2018
I really enjoyed the management at AAA. What a great place to work. There were opportunities for advancement and flexible work schedules. Management was also great about job work/life balance.
First time issuing policies; prior experience service only
Insurance Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJune 6, 2018
AAA being an independent agency, I learned how to work with multiple providers. This was also the first opportunity in my career that i ever issued policies. Previous jobs were service based only.
good job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHMarch 12, 2018
I like the different options allowed for scheduling (4 10 hour days a week.

The people were nice

work was fast paced

best part no sales.. bye!!!!
Fast paced
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 9, 2018
Fast paced and stressful environment. Provides good pay for performance incentives. Not much room for advancement. 6 weeks of paid training at Columbus HQ
Excellent Place to work
Director IT Services (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHFebruary 7, 2018
AAA was a great place to work. There were challenges every day, but the work was rewarding. I was able to use all my skills from my management career.
Pros
Wide range of benefits and the ability to support multiple lines of business
What I learned
Roadside Assistance (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 28, 2018
I learned how to tow, flip, winch out and open doors. This job will put you to test to comfort people when they are stressed the most. The hardest part is when they have a problem even you can't solve.
Cons
Weather
Nice Relaxing place to work
TripTik Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHDecember 5, 2017
I only worked for the summer but it wasn't a bad place to work. Very relaxing people was nice. Training was decent, I was the youngest person there so had trouble relating but no drama lol.
Pros
Co workers, Environment
Cons
Sometimes was boring however
Nice place to build a career.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 1, 2017
I would still be working there if I did not move to another state.
Fair working hours and pay. Good benefits and match to 401K,
Unlimited learning opportunities.
Good place to work for entry level employees.
Insurance Agent/Producer (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHOctober 12, 2017
The work environment is pretty relaxed, and they have good benefits, with low pay for most positions. Also don't expect to move up in the company, people do not move from position. Its always just hang in there opportunities are coming in the future, but the future is yet to come.
Pros
Relaxed work place
Cons
Low pay
was stressful especially during the winter time
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 1, 2017
AAA was a good place to work for but in the winter very stressful worked a lot of hours but never got appreciated from upper management. we were the ones there all the time working but they got the bonuses not the employees.

Want to know more about AAA Ohio Auto Club?

Ask a question
Fast pace
assist members during emergency situations (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHAugust 20, 2017
It is a great place to work starting off in customer service. Do need to work on paying ers customer service agents more but management is amazing they work with you as much as possible
Pros
Great scheduale
Cons
Not paid enough
If you love travel this is for you!
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2017
My time spent with AAA Ohio Auto club was truly a great experience. I was a Travel Specialist, and loved every part of making a magical experience for a family, or newly wed couple.

I learned the in's and out's of travel within the USA, as well as travel practices and safety for international travel.

I was able to go on company paid educational trips, so that I would be able to come back to the office and "sell" the product better with first hand knowledge.
Pros
If you are a good specialist, and commited, the company will send you on paid trips to better experience what you will be selling.
Cons
wage and tuition assitance was a big con for me. They wanted me to have a degree before paying more, but would not help with tuition in order to obtain the degree.
Work
ERS Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHJuly 24, 2017
The company is great, i just need something more challenge, im a busy kind of person. The management is awesome, they will try to work with your schedule as much as they can.
extremely overwhelming
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHJuly 18, 2017
A typical day at work included working one-on-one with clients to book their vacation plans. You will also have to work the call-center, sell insurance, exchange currency, map-out trips and sell products. I learned a lot about travel while working here. The manager was fine. Her management style is a little more strict than others. The office was only occupied by myself, my manager and one other employee and they were both very quiet and uptight. Also the office was never very busy so it oftentimes felt very boring. The dress code is dress pants, black dress shoes and a AAA shirt. The hardest part of the job was balancing multiple clients at one time while following the protocol for the different types of trips/vacations. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the travel industry and helping people plan something fun.
Pros
good benefits and company
Cons
overwhelming
n/a
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  N Arlington, NJJuly 6, 2017
Very good company to work for. Great benefits, paid time off, decent hours, opportunities to travel. Six (plus) weeks paid training, travel reimbursement.
Amazing Oppurtunity
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHJune 27, 2017
Many people have complained about the salary. I think it's extremely fair this job doesn't require a college degree and starts out over $12 an hour (and gives consistent raises and bonuses based on performance). There's also the opportunity to make hundreds extra every month by selling the AAA brand it's not abnormal to make an extra $500-$1500 a month on top of your hourly rate these are called "incentives" . BUT you won't make that kind of money right away your first 3-5 months expect $100-$300 in "incentives" AND after 3-5 months don't expect to make extra without working for it. They will give you absolutely every kind of assistance needed to be successful and it's up to you how successful you are.

To sum it up this position is a marathon not a sprint the longer you work for the them the more you will make... if you work at it! If you're looking to make a quick buck this isn't the position for you. You also need to know how to use computers before working here and be willing to learn a lot in the first few months.

*The only thing I didn't like was that you start out with no sick or personal time so for the first 90 days you cannot take any time off.
Pros
hour lunch break, free life insurance, fair pay, tons of opportunity to make money, contests with good rewards
Cons
90 days before any time off
Aaa
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 27, 2017
AAA is a great place to work, entry level jobs are abundant and pay relatively well. The opportunities above management level are a bit scarce however.
Not a good work environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 10, 2016
My experience with AAA Ohio Auto Club has been positive and mostly negative. Some of my co-workers were the best I have ever worked with. The demands on my time, what I needed to complete every day and the lack of direction from my manager left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Very let down! If you are not a "yes" man, you will have a very short what you thought of a career path. No communication between upper and lower management. This company has gone downhill and only cares about the bottom line!
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, no advancement opportunities, management positions are hired outside, poor management. Please think twice before taking any job with this company!
Its a job nothing more
They would know me if i listed it (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2016
I was an employee and promoted into management and as a long-time employee who wasn't a Yes Man I was railroaded out of the company. Honestly employees are just a body they give good lip service saying they care about the people when they don't
. The pay scale could be better raises are a joke benefits actually are not bad. Upper management does not listen 2 middle or lower management and they do have unrealistic expectations and goals for everyone and all positions in the company. Human resources is atrocious. Not really a company to be at long-term that is why they used to ask people what their plans was for 3 to 5 years as 75 to 80% of the people left within three years. It's a job if you need one but do not expect to stay long-term.
Pros
Benifits free basic aaa membership
Cons
Out of touch management unattainable unrealistic goals and expectations. Pay
Productive workplace with great perks
Battery Technician/ Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2016
Being a mechanic at AAA, there is always something today, which makes for fast workdays. They offer decent benefits, and paid vacation and sick time.
Pros
Paid Vacation and sick time
Cons
have to work holidays and weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Ohio Auto Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight