AAA Southern New England

AAA Southern New England Employee Reviews with Jobs

United States58 reviews

AAA Southern New England insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction

AAA Southern New England WAS a great company.

Company culture altered after AAA NY merger. Got worse after name change to AAA Northeast and new CEO brought in a new management team of people from his old company.

Pros

Old CEO great management team.

Cons

New CEO terrible management team.

Great benefits, ok pay, lacks management, and holding people accountable

Management let's the slackers slack and let's the workers work. As long as the work gets done. You don't hear from anyone unless you damage a members car or a fleet truck. Unobtainable bonus structure.

If you are very independent, can manage your position with an overall rating of "Exceeds-Expectations", don't consider AAA. Management is insecure.

Everything changes... For an organization that employs thousands of employees, overall AAA is very unprofessional, but I guess that just "trickles-down" from the upper management... Like the saying goes "it all starts from the top".... But, if your work ethic is mediocre, then you can bypass the inferiority of management.

Pros

Some decent people to work with.

Cons

Mostly, not decent people to work with... Alot of office politics, and jealousy.... Sorry to say, but mostly, white-trash...

High energy busy enviroment

High call volume that did lead to stressful days. Customers could be very aggressive and angry. Company offered options for advancement. Had very good training with more hands on training before taking live phone calls.

Poor Management

The company hired unqualified individuals for management-level positions, who were mere corporatists versus educated, accredited professionals. This created a multitude of issues over the years. Company is overwhelmed with uneducated opportunists seeking to chase titles while contributing nothing of substance. Window dressing.

Very fast paced job but fun and comfortable.

When I worked at AAA Southern New England it was in the dead of winter. Phones were ALWAYS busy! My supervisor Julius, was always on top of everything to make sure his employees had what they needed to do the job accurately and with speed. I really liked working there and would love to go back!

Pros

Comfortable break rooms to be able to de-stress as phones were always busy.

Cons

Can’t think of any cons. It is a great place to work!

Satisfying Company to work for

Overall was the most satisfying to date. Helping others and having them be grateful for it. Great management team and coworkers. Easygoing atmosphere and minimal supervision.

Happy,hard,fun

I loved my job, I loved to talk and travel, lead and learn, beautiful work place, stress free environment, a lot of multi tasking, most enjoyable was taking senior's citizens on trips and watching them have the time's of their lives!

Pros

Travel

Cons

9/11 put a stop to group travel/ job was disolved

Opportunities for advancement Team environment Satisfaction of helping members Challenging work load Leading my team to exceed their objectives Recognition of a job well done

Pros

team environment

Cons

not applicable

N/a

Placed sucked it’s a call center full of catty women who only care to gossip. Would never work there again. Place is a joke will remind anyone of high school

eh

It depends on where you get placed. it was stressful, but the coworkers get it, so they make the day better, tha\ts when you can say hi, time management is crazy

Productive and fun place to work helping member with issues

I enjoy working with the techs. I learned how to do payroll for the techs which is sometimes a challenge. They forget to swipe at times and this is an issues with a payroll time frame. I think the hardest thing is now is the days are the same day after day and is getting repetitive. I think the management team in Avon is fantastic. He treats the techs very fairly.

Pros

Discounts on towing for myself and family members.

Cons

Woulk like more to do

Enjoyed all the duties and it was a very comfortable place to work

Assisting members with purchasing tickets etc. also preparing maps for members and also cash office duties. We were also involved in Registry of motor vehiches(renewals,address changes and licenses)

Micro managed to the fullest

Even if you sell you will be written up to HR, for procedures that were correctly done. This is a trend. The lie of advancement is there. There is alot of favoritism amoung managment and certain reps. Alot of crooked politics. As well as crooked practices with red lining in the insurance dept directly from the dept head. Not ethical.

Cons

You will be very stressed out.

Not a good place to work if you are not in the clique.

Initially I liked the job. Then things went downhill. Here is the thing: if you are not favored by the Leads of Management, do not say a word if you are genuinely (not whining that you are treated terrible; even if you are a hard worker. It will come back to haunt you. It’s no wonder there is a high turnover. Microma

Pros

Benefite are O.K.

Cons

Bad work culture. Micromanagement.

Didn't have a great experience working with AAA

I started as a tow truck operator, also trained other drivers on wrecker as well as self loader. Then I took a position as a battery driver and that's what i ended my employment at. I did not quit my position, i was not fired from my position neither.

Relaxed work environment

The call center is fast paced. Management is supportive and understanding. I learned to prioritize tasks. Most people are always smiling, and the office is comfortable.

Pros

Pizza parties

Cons

At the time, home agents were not an option

Inbound Call Center Representative, AAA Southern New England

• Received road service calls from members and prospective members; gathered required information in order to provide timely service, while providing members with Five Diamond Customer Service at all times. • Appropriately managed callers’ emotional states while simultaneously gathering required to dispatch service. • Provided information to members on road service’s policies and procedures. • Explained benefits of AAA membership to prospective members, sold primary and associate memberships. • Educated customers of costs associated with all services provided such as mobile battery replacement, windshield repair.

Fun place to work with opportunity

❖ Responsible for writing performance appraisals for each team member ❖ Uses multiple databases to be able to track and chart employee's performance on Manned Phone Time, AUX time and, Login and Logout times ❖ Holds monthly team meetings and individual meeting to guarantee consistency in communication, coaching, and training ❖ Handles all call escalations

Pros

scheduling

Cons

bad weather

Dispatcher

The work can be stressful, but coworkers and supervisors are amazing for the most part with maybe 1 or 2 that aren't so great. HR is pretty inefficient.

Pros

bonuses

Cons

health insurance

Flexible, micro management

Plan on being treated like a child even after knowing the job. Lots of extra hours available to make extra cash when needed. Lots of favoritism, other than that... Great place to work ;)

Pros

flexible

Cons

micromanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Southern New England. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about AAA Southern New England in popular locations