AAA Texas Employee Reviews

Awesome Work Environment
Branch Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 21, 2019
Awesome work environment. I would recommend this company to anyone who is interested in working for a excellent company. Please apply at our company website.
Pros
Wonderful place to work
run don't walk
former employee (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 13, 2019
Run, if you are not the "favorite" you have no chance. You will be lied to and made to feel that you are worthless. Don't waste your time , again run
Pros
Cons
stop lyng to employees and playng favorites
Very positive energy
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Awesome place to work, love the atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of my job at aaa was assisting the customers. I had the best supervisor that you could ever ask for.
Pros
Bonuses
Tense unprofessional work environment
Licensed Sales Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2018
although AAA may have the best commission structure, you are not given approved sick time or vacation time. If you have to go to the dr. during the week or your child is sick then you better be prepared to hear about it for weeks. unless ofcourse you are one of their star agents, which is maybe 1 out of every 10, they can come and go as they please. i heard about the managers and upper managment w/their favortism but you have to be there to believe it. its so unprofessional. you arent there to just sale insurance you have to sale over 15 products so on top of having to sell a crazy amount of policies you have to sale credit cards, memberships, identity theft, commercial and motorcycle policies as well as a required number of life insurance and travel referrals..all numbers you have to meet on a score card quarterly or you are constantly threatened with your job. AAA doesnt care about its employees well being, when they get grief about it they will have the manager give the speeach reminding you about the EA program and how they know you have a personal life, but then harrass you about coming in to take calls or work an event until you are forced into working weekends or 13days in a row. they never pat you on the back and say thank you. they only keep track of when your not making them enough money.
Pros
they treat you well when working large events
Cons
the disrespect, favoritism, lack of care for the employee
Busy busy busy
Emergency Roadside Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 24, 2018
Didnt like incoming calls or having to offer AAR's on the roadside. Very busy and stressful at times. As long as you get a good manager that really loks out for the whole team your good. My overall experience was good. Pays good could be more buy better than most.
Pros
Pay, people, bonus, benefits
Cons
Busy, stressful, management
good start position
Processor (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 28, 2018
Working at AAA-Texas is a good place to start but there is no advancement of unless you play the office politics. obvious favoritism in the office. advancement is only available if management likes you and not for your hard work and knowledge.
Changes are not for the better
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 5, 2018
Sink or swim environment. The job is high stress. A lot of changes in the compensation plan over the past year to make it harder to earn as much as in previous years. They have introduced a new position that pays less and leads are becoming more scarce for senior agents.
benefits
Cons
payroll in constantly wrong
Not Fair
Assistant Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 27, 2018
They will put you in training for 4 months for the position you apply for and randomly move you to a completely different department afterwards because the turn over rate is too bad there. No say in this movement. You just deal with it or leave.
Productive Place to Be
Emergency Roadside Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 25, 2018
They made sure the employees were always able to meet goals, and were rewarded for all progress. Very thankful for the job. Glad to be able to help people daily.
If you have options, choose another place to work
Insurance (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 22, 2018
Management shows favoritisms. The higher ups are friends w/ call center management. Unable to raise concerns regarding treatment without retaliation..
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Sales agents lie to customers. Only those that suck up move up.
Claims Adjuster
INSIDE CASUALTY ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 19, 2018
The work itself with AAA is not a hard job, if your good at time management and organization you should excel in this position. Can be high claim volume at times but overall enjoyable place to work if you can manage.
Very productive... Steady pace, non stressful, n a friendly working staff ,management available to help with policy questions or just basic company
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Very challenging and wonderful work environment ..Always getting updated information so we can insure members for life... Always in constant contact with our tow companies to ensure equipment is on hand to accomodate our members
Pros
Discounts
A Typical Day
Branch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXSeptember 4, 2018
You will be providing member service :advising members of the benefits. You help with travel via tour books and trip tik You work from 8:30am-5:30pm and every other Saturday, but if the branch is short staffed you could work every Saturday. Branches being short staffed is problematic, so your are asked to go to other offices,
Pros
Great AAA Products Insurance (auto and home) also You get a free Plus Membership
Cons
Inadequate Training its very Frustrating
Not bad for a call center
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Very punch clock. Show up clock in be on calls until break, spend your break sending out insurance policies (not a lot of time to fix paperwork while on clock) punch back more calls Lunch...same thing day in and day out. Very repetitive and not a lot of pay.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Roboting
Changes changes all the time
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2018
Underwriting and pay is not consistent they always change both so you will need to adapt to all the changes. Upper management only thinks about the bottom line.
Pros
Co-workers, members and benefits
Cons
Pay and upper management
AAA Texas - Life Insuranceq
Sales Agent - Whole Life, Term and Annuities (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 21, 2018
Start up program in Texas.
Unorganized
Did not have a lead program
Commission plan unrealistic - They compared to AAA Southern CA which has been selling life products for many years
AAA is more like a FFF
Assistant producer (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 6, 2018
If you asked me how I felt about the company when I stated I would have given it 5 stars. Since the beginning of this year thought it has gone down hill. I had an incident where my boss and HR did not have my back when they should have. People in my department are getting tired of how management is treating employees. There is no loyalty anymore and the place just isn't the fun environment it once was. Sales are down a lot this year and they are starting to have a high turnover of good veteran employees. Some people may thrive here, unfortunately I am not one of them.
Pros
great benefits and healthcare/ dental
Cons
managment, Hr, forced weekends and favortisim
Little Over a Year
Claims Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 30, 2018
I'm thankful for the skills I have gained, but I believe they'll be better utilized in a less stressful environment. Critical thinking and customer service are essential, but can only be efficient when you have the time.
Poor Management
LICENSED PROPERTY AND CASUALTY AGENT (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 18, 2018
The fast pace at AAA was not organized nor a stress free place to work. Management was not professional nor tried to portray a friendly place to be employed.
Pros
Ability to meet people all over the world
Cons
Unprofessional Management
overall
ASSISTANT PRODUCER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2018
overall the company is great! day to day the people I worked with are the reason I am looking elsewhere for a job. they switch mangers around very often so don't get used to having a certain one.
Pros
free breakfast sometimes and free membership
Cons
long hours, the people you have to deal with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Texas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight