AAA Washington Employee Reviews

If you want to be stuck with no advancement or raise it is ok.
MTC (Former Employee) –  Eastern Washington ClubJuly 3, 2018
They are not transparent about the way the company really works and no real benefit for being a MTC. Even if you are smart and catch on quick they won't let you advance so they don't have to give you a raise. They don't do anything about your concerns even if you voice them.
Pros
Mon thru Friday shift.
Cons
Under paid and over worked unless your Management.
Better than most
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 25, 2018
It's a CSR job with all the issues that come with the territory. AAA really tries to alleviate the issues, however. They do things like Customer Service week and frequent drawings for prizes. Very cool.
Member Services Stressful & Looking Backward
Call Center Operations Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 29, 2018
The management in the Member Services department has no forward thinking. They are unwilling to consider new ways to try things. They are extremely unwilling to even consider the possibility that people can be successful if they are working from home. I was terribly underpaid for the amount and quality of the work I provided. Despite the constant promise of promotion from within, most management positions were filled with external candidates rather than internals. It was a stressful and tiring place to work.
I loved working at Aaa Washington
Member Service CSR/ Roadside Service (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 15, 2018
I worked here for about 4 years and I loved it. These people became my family and we were always there for each other. it was very comforting to know that if I ever had an issue I wouldn’t be judged but helped. They are very supportive and with being a single mother it’s very appreciated. The call center manager is amazing he’s funny yet serious when needed. If you ask me he’s the backbone to this entire company. Kinda like the dad of the company lol. I’d love to see him grow into a higher role! I believe he’d take this company to #1.
Leaving this company was very hard! but his boss pretty much helped in my choice of leaving. I do not believe for one second that she cared About her employees she puts customers first and the employees are always wrong. she’d constantly changes the way we did things sometimes without even discussing it with the employees of the call center so we could make corrections... then almost half of the call center employees would get horrible scores because of that. In her words “ there’s no such thing as a perfect call find something wrong” There no balance with her. I don’t think the higher ups understand that there should always be a balance. When employees are happy they’ll give you the extra mile you want. I’ve watched good members of management leave because of her. And that’s sad. I guess maybe when the call center is empty they’ll finally see she’s the common denominator. Also the call center supervisors can be clicky and if they don’t like you it will be rough for you. I’ve witnessed this myself. Ooh and the ceo is amazing I do think he
  more... needs to open his eyes a bit more but other then that he’s awesome!

But If you truly feel like you can ignore office politics then this is the job for you!
Pros
Lunch is provided occasionally and sometimes we get leftovers from board meetings!! Yes!!! (Sarcasm)
Cons
Short lunches, You can’t use the bathroom or get water between breaks and lunches
I like working for AAA.
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 12, 2018
I like working for AAA. My job is interesting and I work for and with people that seem to care. I also like how they really try and take care of their members. The president of the company appears to be caring, wants what is best and has integrity.
Pros
Good working conditions, nice and friendly people.
Cons
It is a 24/7 operation, so the business never closes.
Well organized call-center position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 23, 2018
Fun, fast paced call center position with caring, constructive management. Shift bids approx twice a year, so for the most part you know your schedule. The down side to the shift bid was a couple years ago they changed from a seniority based bid, and started factoring some performance data into the order you got to pick your shift. Some people with blazing fast stats don't put the same care and maturity into their customer service skills that I prefer to utilize...
Great place to work. Hours can be rough.
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2017
AAA Washington has been a great employer with great benefits. The hours can be rough as it is always available. Well maintained trucks and equipment.
Pros
Work by yourself, great vacation, lots of shifts available.
Cons
Seattle traffic, weather, working in the dark.
Great for short term
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 25, 2017
All you do is answer phones all day. Nothing to learn. Management is great. A lot of diversity. this is a great job to get when you need quick money, if you are looking to advance and grow your skills and knowledge this is not the job for you. They do not work with your schedule nor do they care about what you have going in your personal life.
Pros
office parties
Cons
they do not work with your time nor do they care about your personal life
Terrible place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 2, 2017
I worked here for several years and watched a steady decline. Benefits decreased and they kept moving the goalposts to make it difficult for too many people to earn a decent raise.. Training
at all levels was inadequate. Often large software changes would be implemented with training on it months down the road. Then they started hiring management from outside the company and that's just been a catastrophe. No one takes the concerns of employees seriously at all. You're just a replaceable cog. People are quitting in droves.
Pros
New building
Cons
Pretty much everything
Company really takes good care of workers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 20, 2017
Assisting customers with roadside needs by phone. I learned a lot about how this company works and about customer service and good management. Everyone is friendly and helpful and all work together for the customer. Management is great! They care about your success! These people really know how to manage! I loved helping others out when they are stuck on the side of the road. Company feeds you when everyone is working overtime during high-volume days.
Pros
Company really cares about it's workers, good benefits, greast people to work for.
IT Department
Operation team (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA corporate officeFebruary 10, 2017
Love AAA Washington as company, the IT department is not your typical IT department. The operations team has no leadership, they have a dictator who doesn't value employees. The CIO spends more time talking and not listening to the team. The team as a whole is wonderful but AAA Washington should consider new leadership in that area. The insurance side, travel and customer service has exception employees
Pros
AAA Washington has wonderful vacation and the business is great.
Cons
Certain managers/executives need to listen to their employees instead of putting them down
Best Resource for Domestic Travel
Auto Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 8, 2016
As a floating associate, I had the pleasure to assist several Western Washington locations as a travel counselor to members. I attribute my excellent knowledge of U.S. geography to the role I held here.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 22, 2016
This position consists of answering phones, operating a computer system with mapping and dispatching calls. In the position member services handles membership calls, emergency road services calls, and assisting with dispatching as necessary. In this position working with members directly and helping with getting service trucks to their vehicle when they're stranded. Working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Started off amazing then went downhill....
Member Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAApril 5, 2016
When I first began working at AAA I looked forward to going to work each and everyday! I loved the diversity of the job and my team there was amazing! The company received accolades for several years in a row about being the "Best Place to Work" by its employees! My manager in the beginning once said : " You will never have a manger as good as I am" and it was true! Management had a genuine interest in your success and though the compensation was a bit on the low side one was afforded other opportunities that made up for it.
Then everything changed! A new management regime came in, my manager went out along with a few other upper managers and things went downhill from there.
The "new direction" that was often spoke of did little in the way of fostering employee moral. The compensation program leaves a lot to be desired (though giving credit where credit is due the benefit package was GREAT!) A scorecard that only a few achieved left many disgruntled over what was considered to be important. Exemplary customer service was not even a measurement but rather the selling of 12 or more AAA VISA's. In the short time that I was there the turnover was high. Local management provided little to the team concept that had been in place prior and was narcissistic and deceitful in style and character.
If I sound bitter that is not my intent but rather to enlighten! I sincerely hope that AAA will get back on track with it's being considered "Best Place to Work"...( Ironically the employees are no longer afforded the survey to vote on their company) Currently, it leaves a lot to be desired!
Pros
Benefit package, diversity
Cons
management, outdated software/computers
Cusotmer Service
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 30, 2016
Help members while in stress or need. Sign members up with proper membership. Updating and renewing memberships. Location members whereabouts, and sending out dispatch.
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Schedule change every six months
I really enjoyed dispatch.
Dispatcher, call taker (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 9, 2016
Customer service is difficult when you are speaking to someone who is stranded and may be upset. But I enjoyed helping them and using my map skills to do so. Dispatch was fun because I could see where all my drivers were and we got along great.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Stressful at times
Great environment and company to work for
CSR (Current Employee) –  Member ServicesFebruary 15, 2016
Great stable job, good pay and benefits. Answering incoming calls from our members concerning membership or roadside assistance. Also assist them with online questions, maps, etc. Working relationships with coworkers and management is professional and enjoyable. Hardest part of job would be during harsh weather conditions and the phone lines are full with members needing roadside assistance. Escalation issues can be challenging but enjoy helping people get through their issues and getting them the help they need.
Pros
Overall great company to work for
Cons
Long commute
PTI became CenturyTel and then CenturyLink
Test Board and Repair (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAJanuary 1, 2016
PTI was a small telecommunications company that was bought out and became a large company with lots of lay offs. Loved the job until the job moved to Gig Harbor, WA.
Pros
excellent management that knew telecommunications
Cons
company was bought out
Even Long Time Members denied service
Dispatch (Former Employee) –  BellevueAugust 3, 2015
AAA Washington lets their long time members sit and wait for service, for up to 2-3 hours during peak times. The real reason is because they do not pay$$ enough to attract the big towing outfits. We were always glad that the small one or two person towing companies would sign on to help, but they would only last 3-6 months and would quit or be fired from their contract.

Even within Seattle and between Seattle and Tacoma, "providers" would refuse to do calls in their own designated area. Even though we had several other companies to call, usually only 1 out of 4-6 companies would even take the call. Meanwhile, after calling 4-5 companies and being told no over and over again, the calls continue to get older and older ie, the member is sitting on the side of the road longer and longer. Management did little to nothing to rectify this situation.

AAA thought they could make everything better by telling the members they can "pay out of pocket for service today, and apply for reimbursement". I always thought this makes having AAA almost worthless, because it is a huge inconvenience for most people.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
lackluster pay
Nice place to work.
Washington Licensed Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 4, 2015
Nice place to work, just too far from my home. They provide excellent employee benefits. They have a lot of employee perks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA Washington. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight