AAA Employee Reviews

Found 1,929 reviews matching the search See all 2,040 reviews
Sales rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 21, 2019
renewing memberships was my every goal at AAA.
learned how to sell to a different demographic than my previous job.
management was money driven which i enjoyed
workplace culture and very professional
hardest part of the job was deciding on what department to stay in
making incentive was the most enjoyable part of the job. AAA was a excellent job that not only improved my sales skills but also my sales skills. great champion environment
Pros
incentive and salary
Cons
Not about customer care, it's about speed quotas.
Emergency Roadside Service Agent II (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 21, 2019
I worked in Missouri, and we had a wonderful work environment . Our management cared about our members. Then the Califoria division took over. It only became about how fast you could get the member off the phone, they lost sight of compassion and the true meaning of customer CARE.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
It was nice
Policy Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I liked working at AAA. Both of my managers Nick M. and Zenda R. were awesome! I would come back if I ever needed a job. Great atmosphere. I believe there should be more training.
This was ok to work for them
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Great company, but management needs more development training skills and how to work with employees. I would love to still work for them if they allow me to do so.
Fast paced enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethalto, ILJanuary 14, 2019
co-workers were great my shift changed that I really didn't like and its a very fast paced job They use a point system and can point out quickly no benefits of any kind the don't clean off side walks after a big snow and you have a pretty far walk to get back and forth to your car.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Fast Paced
Meeting new people daily basis
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2019
come in pretrip vehicles and transporting ambulatory and wheelchair clients to and from their appointments driving all over Chicago and Chicago-land area some of the story i use to hear about how Chicago was and how it changed from a wide age range of clients
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks traffic jams
everyday
low voltage installer (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJanuary 10, 2019
install new switches on classrooms on entire schools.
troubleshoot and do cut overs for the new equipment.
And also rack and also patch fiber on all the switches.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
it was only temporary
Micromanages excessively
Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 10, 2019
I have worked in a lot of call centers, but this one takes the cake on micromanagement. You cannot talk to your co-workers sitting next to you in between calls and they do not want to see you on your cell phone at all. I can understand if it is very busy and you are with a client, but in between calls? I have never worked somewhere where you couldn't converse quietly with any of your coworkers. Also, there is no sick time. If you call out sick, you are not paid from your PTO. Workforce says your sick time must be "planned" How do you plan to be sick? They pay for your property and casualty licensing (school, tests, fingerprinting, etc) So that is a plus. There is room for advancement, you can go into sales, leadership, IT, or customer retention. The pay is $18.00 - $20.00 starting off, but they won't pay you the $20.00 starting off, no advancement for a year. You can park in one of the 3 parking lots or use their Orca card that is unlimited to commute. If you can get past their pettiness and constantly micromanaging your every move, then this would be a great place to work.
Pros
free AAA membership, Premera insurance, paid insurance school training, unlimited Orca card that can be used personally as well.
Cons
cannot talk to coworkers, cannot use the internet, cannot use cell. No separate sick time, so if you call out sick, you cannot use your PTO and get paid.
Horrible Workplace
Roadside Assistance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 10, 2019
You will never have a life working at AAA. Management plays clear favoritism, no time off and clearly overworked with no real increase in pay.

The job is clearly a revolving door, with people leaving and new hires coming in every month. Not a stable work environment
Good place to work, just make sure you are at work when scheduled
ERS Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2019
It can be a very fun place to work, they have competitions between teams and helpful supervisors. Can have high call volume at times but just being there for the members is awesome and to hear them show their gratitude is the best
AAA is a great company to work
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 9, 2019
I was a life insurance sales agent at AAA. AAA was a great company to work for. I missing working at AAA. The management and the people were great.
Great stepping stone into Travel or Insurance
Member Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2019
Every day has a few things that remain the same but you have to constantly switch gears and come back to what you were doing prior. Every branch office has a different feel to it and can range from 6 to 12 office employees more if you are in a Car Care Branch.
Pros
There are a lot of things to learn for insurance. Also, help others plan their domestic vacations or help with their insurance policies.
Cons
Hard to Advance due to low turn over in the corporate offices
a workplace with a great way to learn more about cars
Emergency Roadside Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 8, 2019
One of the things i liked about this job was the knowledge i learned about cars. The hardest part of this job was the traffic and the weather. I really liked helping members.
Pros
Knowledge, experience
Cons
Pay
AAA doesn't appreciate the value of the people who make their company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Poor communication made every day difficult. I learned a lot about insurance. I was not able to depend on my manager to follow through on requests. There was no respect just gossip and backstabbing. If someone was well liked by management they would goof off and distract others which hurt everyone. The best part about the job was making AAA members happy. The hardest part was overlooking the poor workplace morale and trying to do my best in spite of it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor leadership, too much drama not enough professionalism
they had a room to relaxe in play games
Call Receiver (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJanuary 7, 2019
We had a few weeks of training and then a few weeks of on the job training. Once we got on the floor the training continued with floor training and then there was always someone to call if help was needed.
Pros
on going trainingi, knowing you always could call for help, health benifits
Cons
I needed different hours, not always being able to take time off as needed, stress
AAA is great employer
Customer Service agent (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MD 20852January 7, 2019
Great company; great benefits. sometimes work place culture was vicious. competition between associates a variety of work - unpacking merchandise; talking to customers; cashier. great customers

interesting that there is a very strong sales culture and expectations from management to sell ALL products car care; insurance; merchandise; credit cards.
Pros
great company/products
Cons
competition
Good company to get started in customer service
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Town and Country, MOJanuary 4, 2019
Customer service oriented company. Management played favorite with leads giving leads to the top agents instead of equally to all. Company does have great benefits.
dispatcher
Roadside Dispatcher - ACP Services (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73120January 3, 2019
Fun and exciting to help people in need. when someone car broke down my job to find a driver near by to help assist stranded motorist and review customers info.
Pros
lots of o.t.
Cons
short breaks
Started great ended bad
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Starting as an agent for 2 year AAA seemed great and like i would be able to make a living for a few years. But then management changed and although our department was out-preforming previous years, they cut our pay by 45%.
Good Job
Lead Driving Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 2, 2019
Always opportunity to move up and great people to work with on your team.
Pay is great. The company does not take you for granted and you are paid for all you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight