AAA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,565 reviews matching the search See all 1,672 reviews
Productive and fun place to work
Call Receiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 22, 2018
Training was 6 weeks long, paid. It was fun and educational. Training provided necessary beginning instruction. Coaches assisted as best they could. Overall and great experience.

Production was stressful. Had 3 skills to master in order to bonus. But, when reached was compensated fairly. Averaged about $150 per month extra.

Within 5 months went from $13.25 to $17.00 per hours.

I loved the company!!
Pros
Free catered lunches and dinners, especially holidays when working
Cons
Breaks can be shortened if stuck on all call when it is your break time
Great Brand
Agent Development Trainer/Sales & Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2018
Great brand, but some of the policies and people are outdated. One such policy being that an insurance agent has to refer his/her insurance clients to a 'Life Specialist' to quote/write a life insurance policy rather than completing themselves.
Big company, narrow sales focus
Member Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 15, 2018
My job expectations upon beginning work were very different from those mentioned while interviewing.

The company wants to do well for it's members, but there is so much variance between individual offices that it is difficult to enforce effectively.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Service job now a sales job
Fast paced environment
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 15, 2018
A typical day at AAA was fast paced. Back to back incoming calls. I learned that you have to have patience when speaking to customers. They come first. Always listen to what they have to say. The management, I felt, showed some favoritism. They knew who they wanted to promote. The workplace itself, was fast paced. The hardest part of the job was taking calls from members who have lost a loved one and that person had to be removed from the membership. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening to the older members and the stories they had to tell.
Pros
Fun Day--food was provided
Cons
Not enough pay
Very misleading
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 15, 2018
I was never told they determine you schedule and it takes months to actually see your pay increase on your check. They tell you to ask for help but when you do they act like your bothering them.
Pros
Great lunch room and benefits
Cons
Leadership/management
Work culture focus on Customer Service.
P&C Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMay 9, 2018
Working with AAA was a wonderful experience to me. Unfortunately they don't offer part time to agents retired.
When you enjoy help the peoples, it is the right place to work. The old slogan "customer always have the reason" still in force here!
Pros
Excellent teamwork.
Cons
Don't offer part time to agents retired.
Stressful job for okay pay.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2018
Very stressful job. Will reduce training if they don't have enough coverage. Care more about making sales and upgrades than they do about actually helping.
Pros
Some free lunches.
Cons
Very bad management, no training
Hotel Inspector
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 7, 2018
review the list of AAA approved listing from the previous year. Over 1400 approve listing per year. Decide what city and listing to inspect. Drive to locations and meet with hotel staff. Inspect locations to see if the property still meets AAA standards. both for cleanliness and design. Meet with management to go over results. Then submit the results to AAA management to be published.
Pros
Travel is paid for.
Cons
Long hours/days away from home
Selected for clinical decision on record reviews
Consultant/Expert Witness (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 6, 2018
Records forwarded to my attention to review and offer probability of insurance company going to trial to press possibility of minimal fault in litigation of clinical law suits
Pros
Interesting cases
Cons
Inconsistent work
Wonderful place to work
Traffic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 4, 2018
AAA is a excellent company to work. My co workers are always a joy to work with, you can feel the positivity when you walk into the bldg. I started at AAA as just a temp, with no car no home no real money of my own. I slowly progressed as a entry level employee. I went from part time, to full time to call management, now in my new position as traffic coordinator. I have a new home and a brand new car and I’ll be the first to say it’s because of AAA. The management is incredible and always willing to work with you and your needs. I have been able to do volunteer work for AAA with gleaners and boys and girls club and toys for tots. I also participated in bring your child to work day which offered the opportunity to see what I do at AAA for my son. He was ecstatic management had activities and Giveaways for the kid. On top of everything else the building I work in in beautiful
want to to be respected where i work an have some fun as well
Southern New England Membership Processor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 1, 2018
mostly data entry and answering phones. it was a temp job so not much too it. would have liked to get in permanent , I was not able to do that so I moved on.
Pros
close to home, no highway
Cons
just a temp job
Awesome place to work.
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 30, 2018
Working as a sales agent for AAA has enhanced my sales skills. As a sales agent I have been fortunate to rank in the top 20 in the State of Alabama. Management and co-workers are all great to work with.
Pros
Opportunity to make a great income.
Cons
Long hours and lots of work.
Lots of Activities
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 29, 2018
AAA always has Company and Family events to attend. There is never a dull moment here. I enjoyed my time here. The people were okay. Sometimes I felt you did not know who you could really trust.
Fun work place
USA Hockey WSHL Junior (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 29, 2018
Hard working and fast pace. Always smiling and having a good attitude all the time. Love working with people and work really well with people. Always willing to work.
Awesome job
EMEGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE REP (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 26, 2018
You work in a fast paced call center surrounded by awesome agents that are there for any assistance that you may need. You get coaching from your supervisors on a weekly basis. They help you become better.
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 24, 2018
Not enough hands on training. Unrealistic goals and statistics. They requested a lot of work with several different agencies and systems. With outdated systems that were sort of difficult to navigate in the timeframe of the calls.
Pros
Off Days
Cons
Everything About the Job
Wonderful Clean Office
Roadside Assistance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 23, 2018
I did roadside assistance for Hertz, and the calls were all inbound and easy to handle. If you have any issues work or family related the will always work with you.
Reputable Company
Call Center Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed working for AAA. This is a very reputable company with room to grow. If your interested in a career in Insurance this is a great place to start.
Pros
training
Cons
high turn over
Great for go-getter attitude with no social life
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2018
A typical day would consist of day to day operations including but not limited to office management and daily marketing and networking. I learned more effective ways for office productivity. The management was very involved with employee relations. The hardest part of the job would be the long hours. The most enjoyable part would be the great team collaborative effort.
Pros
Monthly bonuses
Cons
Must seek out individual clientele
Roadwork assistance
Roadside Assistance Worker, sub-contractor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 18, 2018
you are responsibile for all of your actions concerning customer service, professionalism, safety, punctual, reliable,and point of contact service. log in at 6am wait on call, my area was West Allis and South Milwauee.
Pros
knowing your craft and bing sharp
Cons
dangerous areas and people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight