AAA Employee Reviews

Divertido
Autoridad de Acueductos y Alcantarillados (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 22, 2018
Es un lugar en el que todos los días se aprende algo nuevo.
Good Place to Work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLSeptember 21, 2018
AAA is a very good place to work as the company have ample opportunities for advancement. They provide all the tools for success..even a cafeteria. The pay is competitive and the management style is excellent.
Pros
Long term job security
Cons
No cons
Feel like I’m in kindergarten
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJSeptember 21, 2018
AAA claims to be an EOE employer but you certainly wouldn’t know that judging by the people they hire. Everyday they hire more and more people, the majority of them being very young and without any experience. I have nothing against young people but these kids are here only for a paycheck, nothing more. I’m tired of having to do the work of three people simply because in their own words, “This isn’t my forever job. I’m just here to get some experience and move on.” I sure wish they’d start hiring more mature, experienced people who are long term career focused as opposed to those worrying about where to go for happy hour.
Pros
Most co-workers, benefits
Cons
Hiring practices
Triple AAA Customer Service/ Road America (Former Employee) –  Triple ASeptember 20, 2018
*Enjoyed working from home
*Enjoyed the freedom of being my own boss
*Worked with great management that trained well
*Great adobe courses given
*Great hours
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no healthcare
Do not work here if you need any type of schedule
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTSeptember 17, 2018
If you go to school, have medical issues, or anything else, do not work here, they refuse to work with anyone on schedules. Over half the building is on some type of accommodation because they won't work with people.
Pros
high pay, good pto if fulltime
Cons
Don't care about health, you're just another number to them.
Horrible place to work.You are micromanaged from the moment you clock in until the moment you thankfully clock out. 1/2 hour for lunch, hardly enough
INBOUND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Quite possibly the worst job I've ever had. Management is terrible, they micromanage you to death. No time to take a lunch break, mandatory overtime, limited paid time off, ridiculous disciplinary levels. Absolutely terrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
The worst place to work ever. Management is horrible. Site later is a joke. Mandatory overtime, very limited PTO, micromanaged to death.
The worse
Policy management specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 16, 2018
I left this company for health reasons, I became physically ill from the stress the company brings. Constant changes lack of communications lack of growth and poor knowledge from upper management.
Pros
The pay was great
Cons
Everything else but the pay.
Without a plan
Casualty claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 14, 2018
AAA compensates their employees well, but the absolute lack of leadership and support makes long term success difficult. The goals, expectations and requirements are constantly changing.
Good place to be employed
Home office Treasury Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 12, 2018
Overall it is a very good place to work for, friendly atmosphere and good benefit package. Have a kitchen on site and gym. Flex hours to choose from, nice salary. No promotions with in the company though.
Not a great place to work
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Unfortunately the work environment was not professional and the management team was poorly qualified to address it. Also it was difficult to deal with NYC customers and towing companies.
Pros
Cons
Many
I can't say how it is to work here it has new ownership
Sales & Engineering (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WISeptember 10, 2018
I can't say how it is to work here it has new ownership. The previous owner sold the company to someone else so it is impossible for me to say how it is now.
AAA Travel is wonderful
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 10, 2018
I work in the AAA travel department for my internship for college it was fun and very educational I wish I could have stayed and had a full time permanent placement it was a great experience I just wish it hadn't ended
Pros
you learn a lot and they with train you
Cons
I only work her for my intership
It's still a "who you know" company in order to get recognized, promoted or transferred. Also, who likes you.
Sr. Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 9, 2018
This was a great place to work up until 2015. Upper Management changes and it's become how well you are liked and not how qualified you are for a position. Interviews are brutal and are usually before a panel of people. You can be red flagged when putting in for too many jobs in different areas of the company to try and broaden your knowledge or learn other aspects of our products and services they sell. If beginning in the Call Centers, the conditions of the area are not that great.
Pros
Great benefits, good programs, cafeteria has many ammenties
Cons
Difficult to advance, transfer, broaden your knowledge unless you know someone and are very well liked
Great Place to Work
Owner and Operator (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MISeptember 8, 2018
Loved owning this company and setting my own hours,, yet it is still on a call by call basis. I need something more steady for my daughters future, as i am a single dad raising her by myself.
busy
Emergency Road Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 7, 2018
go to the phone directly after log in hardly no bathroom breaks due to the fact that it may mess with your time off the phones. I witness a manager dying there in front of all on phones it was a regular work day sad
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
The time keeping system sucks
Productive and fun
Tow Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Got calls from dispatch was given location and was asked ETA for call to be answered. Either towed changed tire battery or jumped started car. Checked vehicle before taking out on the road.
Pros
Hours were good
Cons
dispatchers could be stressful when you are in tow with a car
Stressful
Insurance Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 4, 2018
AAA was a good place to work until the management at the corporate level was changed due to the retirement of the CEO and the merger with Auto Club South. I feel that the work environment is far more toxic than when I first started there. It seems that the performance requirements put in place by the new management are designed to "set you up for failure". In addition, the new management is forcing employees to change their schedules through the "shift bid" process which is causing undue stress on family life. As a result, I don't feel the company is "employee friendly" or "family friendly". So I am preparing to go somewhere else.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Toxic Work Invironment, Upper Management, Shift Hours
AAA Review
Customer Service Rep/ Part-time (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VASeptember 4, 2018
LiveOps , a company that gives people the opportunity to work from home creating your own business. You have flexibility to work when the commits work
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
no taxes taken out
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CASeptember 1, 2018
Accounting for sales reps

Leader of DMV, registered out of state cars, registered cars personally bought, took payments for registration,ordered personnel plates or new replacements plates for people. Anything to do with DMV I would get done or get on the phone & work with the original DMV Representative to walk me through it so the customer didn’t have to go to DMV,

I work in cashiering window to sell travelers checks, take payments, finishing batching the salesman reps amount as day goes on, key the info into the system for the new customers.
Ordered supplies for office plus travelers checks of whichever ones we were low on. Order supplies for DMV. Keep enough of each department up to date, some offices didn’t and would call if the could borrow till they got some and then they would return.
Pros
Fun employees, Department enjoyable
Cons
Stressful, all staff stressed, management awful in that office, new manager every 2 to 3 months plus they didn’t know what to do
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 31, 2018
The culture in Claims I cant say is the best, but its manageable. Can be very busy, depending on weather related events. New management taking initiative to increase the moral but still a work in progress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight