AAA Employee Reviews in Coppell, TX

Found 53 reviews matching the search See all 2,252 reviews
Relaxed enviorment
underwriter dept (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 20, 2019
So far, its a good place to work and lots of opportunities for advancement. Alot of people here has been with the company for over five years . A great company to start a career.
Pros
pay & benefits
Cons
repetative busy work, however, the days fly by
Laidback environment with some side effects
Policy Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 4, 2019
You can land the job via roadside department and then you can move up or switch departments based on your likelihood to be involved with management.. if you stay to yourself then the upward path is truly based on your numbers and sheer determination to be there everyday. The fact that you have to choose whether or not to take a day off due to being penalized financially and/or through the failed point system is the biggest problem for me. You literally will work yourself to death to be able to accrue enough time to take a vacation and you have to map it out very strategically! There are a lot of pros but the cons definitely outweigh them at the end of the day.
Pros
Benefits.. work from home opportunities.. casual dress code.. etc
Cons
Work hours, metrics, upward mobility requirements, no option to take a personal unpaid day off without getting penalized or losing vacation time
Call Center Environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 18, 2019
This position is a very consistent position within a good work environment. Expect to be able to be a salesperson even if your role is not in sales. This is a factor that is mandatory for all positions. All in all it is a great place to work
This was ok to work for them
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Great company, but management needs more development training skills and how to work with employees. I would love to still work for them if they allow me to do so.
The building is huge there is no personal attention if you have a question you have to figure it out yourself
ERS REP(EMERGENCY ROADSIDE SERVICE) (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 7, 2018
The training program was wonderful but once i got on the floor that was whole nother thing employees was clicked up and would not help if you had a question.
Pros
45 min. Lunch, close to my home and the pay
Cons
Poor management and too many quotas to meet
n/a
Emergency Roadside Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 29, 2018
better management low morel better working conditions short breaks
less time off,
nothing else to say, company needs better leadership new management.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced Sales
Underwriting Specialist Insurance Business Mgr (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 11, 2018
Sales goals are aggressive. Multiple sales goals including P/C and membership referrals and attending company sponsored events is required yearly. Commission and salary positions.
great company
Member Service Rep IV (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 3, 2018
Great company to work for.good benefits, nice building with onsite restaurant., good hours, and locationfriendly,opportuniies to promote with company.
The worse
Policy management specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 16, 2018
I left this company for health reasons, I became physically ill from the stress the company brings. Constant changes lack of communications lack of growth and poor knowledge from upper management.
Pros
The pay was great
Cons
Everything else but the pay.
Typical
PMG Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 8, 2018
My review is typical for the industry. I appreciated it for the opportunity that it was. I have nothing bad to say about the company or any of its employees.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Commute
Aaa
Property Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at the automobile club and would highly recommend the club for a place of employment. the club offered great benefits and a ton of discounts
Great pay
Policy Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 27, 2018
AAA offers great pay but is very disorganized, there is plenty of room to improve. The training schedule is not set and can change with a day notice, or less. When coming out of the training classes on to the floor it is chaos and you will more than likely be moved several times. The management team can be motivating but majority would rather sit at their desk and not floor walk. The class is too short for all the information that has to be retained.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Disorganized
Wish I didnt have to leave
Licensed Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 19, 2018
My mother suffers from Dementia and was alone in Dallas so I had to move her back to family about 3hrs away from AAA. Was unable to manage a 6hr round trip commute.
Pros
Best job I EVER had
Cons
no branch offices in East Texas
best job i've ever had
Agent Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 29, 2018
I was at AAA for over 3 years the pay was NEVER a problem. I clocked in the maximum OT the company allowed because the needed the help and I am a workaholic. I love money. They offer health insurance, dental/vision 401 k and a pension plan. How could I forget the monthly bonuses. They have their own computer system where you can log in and request the very next day off and it's automatically approved as long as the slots are available which is what I absolutely loved. With other jobs you have to put the request in a week or so in advanced but hey things happen and pop up that we can't control so that's a WONDERFUL option for employees at AAA. You have the opportunity to grow and move up in the company which has everything to do with you and your commitment. If the company is doing great with the stats they offer surprise incentives. Gift cards, pot lucks, pay raise. (Let's not forget to mention this is a non profit organization.) It seemed like every 6 months the whole department would get an email and say hey everyone will get a $1.00 raise. man I loved those emails. I seem to be trolling a bit but this is a wonderful company to work for. If I could go back I definitely would.
Very misleading
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 15, 2018
I was never told they determine you schedule and it takes months to actually see your pay increase on your check. They tell you to ask for help but when you do they act like your bothering them.
Pros
Great lunch room and benefits
Cons
Leadership/management
Awesome job
EMEGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE REP (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 26, 2018
You work in a fast paced call center surrounded by awesome agents that are there for any assistance that you may need. You get coaching from your supervisors on a weekly basis. They help you become better.
Waste of your time
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 24, 2018
The hiring team is not honest upfront as to what the job is about, The job is a sales job but is presented as just insurance. Management is cold and only care about their bonus.
Pros
free roadside membership
Cons
horrible training and management
good for high rollers only
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 7, 2018
unless you are a high roller in sales management treats you with no respect. they do not support the above average sales person. Management bad mouths people if they are not high rollers.
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I actually enjoyed my position at AAA Texas. However, I was unable to advance further in my career. Also the management and supervising team was poor. Most of them have been fired since I left.
Selling false dreams in sales environment
Assistant Producer/Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 12, 2018
No one should have to choose between their family and their job, I will never neglect my family in order to provide for them ever. That is a lack of professionalism among management. No one understands work life balance in corporate america these days.
Pros
Assistant Producer Role
Cons
Management is unprofessional and disorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight