AAA Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 2,229 reviews
Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2016
Dispatched emergency road service calls to drivers. Input all pertinent data into the computer to assist driver. Cooperate with local departments for members
Pros
Tons of Knowledge
Cons
Hours & Times
Great package to start, but fades quickly
Life Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, AustinApril 29, 2016
I worked for this company 10 years ago, and in looking at the current reviews, I can see that not much has changed. AAA has a tremendous compensation and benefit package to start, but eventually the compensation diminishes for sales people and the brow-beating of members to buy insurance wears thin. Management is stoic and believes their system to be beyond reproach. Cooperation between departments is poor, the computer system was archaic, and the micromanagement was overwhelming. Unrealistic credit requirements knocked many potential customers out of the market, and offended some of the existing customer base. This caused us to resort to cold calling, instead of the promised lead base of existing customers. The atmosphere was almost military. That is, if you brought in your quota of sales, but forgot to tie your tie just right, you would be called to the carpet. All in all, this should be a good company to work for, but it looks like the same old wine in a brand new bottle...
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Atmosphere, stoic management.
Long hours with potential for high compensation
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2016
It is possible to make great money, however, do not expect to work less that 50 hours a week and you might as well plan to work 60 hours weekly and yes, you will work Saturday and Sunday. Don't count on making good money (6 figures) your first two years, even as a top performer, your compensation has a strong tie to company longevity, and other factors that are out of your control (especially early on).
Pros
Potential for great compensation
Cons
work life balance
Great company to work for!
Domestic Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2015
they have thee best training that is out there! coworkers were Great! Loved what I did they have great motivational tools!
Pros
training is thee best!
Great Customers
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2015
I loved being able to help plan vacations for travelers. I hosted several groups and handled any problems along the way. Taught the auto counselors how to book cars, air tickets and hotels.
Pros
Customer appreciation
Cons
When I couldn't get what the customer needed
productive fun work place
Branch Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 18, 2015
fulfilling member request relating to planning road trips, books, maps and notary services. cross-selling assigned AAA products and services to achieve annual goals
Pros
early hours
Cons
have to work weekends
Worked there a short time
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2014
Worked there a short time. Didn't like the sales environment
Fun Work Place
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Leasing property has allowed me to meet new people on a daily basis; different cultures, different countries and has taught me alot about learning and listening as well as attending to their daily needs as residents
Pros
visit my family often
Cons
no lunch at times
Great job!! and awesome co-workers
CSR/Shipping and Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXApril 21, 2014
A typical day @ AAA got to work 10 mins to 7 am. that was punch in time. Owner of the company provided food for office co workers so we would take turns cooking. so every one had breakfast and coffee to start our crazy morning. It was fun, we could listen to music, laugh, interactive with customers on a day to day basic. it was just the best job any one could have. It was family owned. Only one problem there was no growth for any one their you always be what you were a CSR and that was about it. no insurance provided.
Pros
free food provided by owner all the time.
Cons
no insurance provided, and no growth within the company.
An ok place to work.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2013
I've learned how to operate end dump trucks. The other drivers that I work with are very friendly and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is having to shovel the dirt or sand that I have unloaded from my truck.
Busy
Policy Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2013
Review and make policy changes upon request. Very fast paced, you have to be very detail oriented.
Each job was a challenge but I was able to master each one
Dispatcher/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2012
A typical day at work was lots of paper work on the desk as to what I needed to do for that day. I learned how to do my job as well as others. Management was somewhat un organized at times but staff got thejob done. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I was considered as a floater and was able to experience different work in the City Manager's Office.