AAA Employee Reviews in Dearborn, MI

Found 65 reviews matching the search See all 2,247 reviews
Productive, Professional work environment
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 2, 2019
Working at AAA has been a great experience. The company has experienced growth, treats employees with respect and provide career opportunities. They are in complete compliance with all regulations.
Good company
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 10, 2018
Good company. Fair with policyholders and great with employee training and support. Good culture to learn the in and out of the insurance business. Great job and place to work.
Pros
Great team
Cons
It's still a "who you know" company in order to get recognized, promoted or transferred. Also, who likes you.
Sr. Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 9, 2018
This was a great place to work up until 2015. Upper Management changes and it's become how well you are liked and not how qualified you are for a position. Interviews are brutal and are usually before a panel of people. You can be red flagged when putting in for too many jobs in different areas of the company to try and broaden your knowledge or learn other aspects of our products and services they sell. If beginning in the Call Centers, the conditions of the area are not that great.
Pros
Great benefits, good programs, cafeteria has many ammenties
Cons
Difficult to advance, transfer, broaden your knowledge unless you know someone and are very well liked
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 31, 2018
The culture in Claims I cant say is the best, but its manageable. Can be very busy, depending on weather related events. New management taking initiative to increase the moral but still a work in progress
AAA exploits talent/abilities of employees only long enough to make a profit
Customer Service Representative II/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 6, 2018
AAA, once known for its’ high level of service and volunteerism, now places the highest priority on selling products. Profit is NOT a bad word. The new philosophy is - The more products the customer purchases, the more entangled they become in AAA products. The intelligence level of effort required to successfully perform the Call Center job is not very high. Yet, the supervisors micromanage every word spoken by the call center agents, as the phones and screens are monitored. Like prison inmates, customer interactions are excessively monitored. Workplace rules are very rigid, bathroom breaks occur only on scheduled break and lunch times. The inflexible work schedules range anywhere from Monday-Friday 8a – 9p, which includes mandatory work every Saturday 8a – 4:30p. How bad is it? Witnessed agents being carried out on stretchers! The stress level is often so thick it can be cut with a knife as agents are continually made aware of where they stand relative to the set of performance expectations. Every call must be repetitive and robotic always following the script. Every call feels like the one before it - exhausting, unvaried, monotonous -- and annoyingly GRADED and critiqued based on what someone believes "could" have been said or done differently. Because the supervisors are pressed to adhere to a rigid, lockstep call model; the performance evaluation of the call center agent is based on the graded call score. It would probably be more advantageous and effective for AAA membership services to be relegated to an automated phone tree of self-serve options for all incoming  more... calls with no “live” interaction. Let the customer choose want they do, or do not, want. But for now, agents must SELL! SELL! SELL! to ad nauseam or until the customer disconnects the call from pure frustration. The employment of a call center agent is solely based on the NUMBER of products sold and on “keeping the member happy” at all costs – even if it means violating AAA set policy for the purpose of increasing sales. The data driven call matrices as well as an evaluation of how effectively call center agents handle complaints and demands from their “entitled” membership determines if you remain employed. The AAA Call Center has an extremely high turnover because agents simply burnout from jumping through the hoops continuous people pleasing. Understand your performance could be acknowledged as superior on the very SAME day you receive a written reprimand for failing to “sell” the mandated number of AAA Dollar MasterCards. For a measly $13.50 per hour, call center agents end their days with knots in their stomachs feeling fearful, psychologically and emotionally drained and depressed from the day-to-day oppressive, stressful, and exploitative workplace; believing themselves trapped, hopeless, “stuck in a rut”, caught up in the AAA vortex, virtually powerless with no choice. If knowing that at any moment employment could be terminated, co-workers are humiliatingly escorted off the premises right past you. One thing is TRUE, YOU ALWAYS HAVE CHOICES! Choose to work somewhere else! You wont regret passing on this job.  less
Pros
Importance of work-life balance, problem-solving abilities are valued and used by new employer
Cons
No longer focused on SERVICE to customer
Fun and Good Learning Place
Customer Service, Learning and Development (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MI 48126June 5, 2018
I loved working at AAA it's a good place to work but sadly I had to move that's why I couldn't continue working there. Its a place where you learn and you can extend your work.
Pros
15 min breaks
Cons
30 mins lunch
A bit of an antiquated enviornment
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 31, 2018
During this contract it was unclear who our appointed SME's were. Therefore, it was an arduous production process. However, the management was very kind.
Wonderful place to work
Traffic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 4, 2018
AAA is a excellent company to work. My co workers are always a joy to work with, you can feel the positivity when you walk into the bldg. I started at AAA as just a temp, with no car no home no real money of my own. I slowly progressed as a entry level employee. I went from part time, to full time to call management, now in my new position as traffic coordinator. I have a new home and a brand new car and I’ll be the first to say it’s because of AAA. The management is incredible and always willing to work with you and your needs. I have been able to do volunteer work for AAA with gleaners and boys and girls club and toys for tots. I also participated in bring your child to work day which offered the opportunity to see what I do at AAA for my son. He was ecstatic management had activities and Giveaways for the kid. On top of everything else the building I work in in beautiful
A changing place
Travel Product Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 20, 2018
I started with the company in field sales and the organization was very rigid around dress code and corporate policy. While it was more common at the time, most other companies and startups were starting to change work culture and actively recruit and attract employees...AAA was stagnant for years.

With a new CEO in place last year, changes have been rolling out on a constant stream. We now have a casual dress code in place all week for administrative roles and dress down Friday's for the field folks. Various task force groups are enabling more special projects and bottom to top communication. In addition, we are updating our corporate offices to become more contemporary and tech forward. We've even begun to pilot a flex work program that would allow some work from home days each month.

Love all the changes and the attention to digital/tech.
Pros
Opportunity for growth, benefits, stability
Cons
Poor management, we hire alot of sales people as managers
I wish I would have stayed.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 25, 2018
I worked in the claims department. I handled first notice of loss claims for several states, so the call volume for winter months would be high. It is a good place to move around and advance. I just felt like I was unable to advance. I left right when management changed. I wish I would have stayed, because my problem was with management. You really can't get to know your co-workers in a call center. I suggest getting to know everyone in the company. The right person will help you advance.
Great Company to work for
Sales Support Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 22, 2018
I have a good experience working for the company. There are many options to advance and the company is forever growing. If you are willing to put in the work good thing will happen.
Fast paced work enviorment
Emergency Roadside Assistance Advocate (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 18, 2018
Typical day would be handling over 75-100 calls with a 7 second grace period between calls.
I learned a lot about maps and pin-pointing locations.
There wasn't really anytime to make meaningful relationships in work place.
Hardest part about job was to make meaningful bonds with co workers and schedule time to meet with supervisor to confirm career goals.
Most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers in need.
Pros
Great health plan
Cons
Little group/ team activies for work life balance
Customer Service/Sale Dearborn
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 11, 2018
I worked in the MSC call center in Dearborn, taking customer calls who were mainly looking to make changes to their auto/home policy. The work is not hard once you learn both the systems. The pay is $15.95-$18.65 i started at $17.32. The calls can be range from high to low volume, but with all the hiring lately there is 5-25 mins between calls. There is a drug test, urine. Once you get the call you have the job they give you about two days to take it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Call Center Environment
Bonus Cuts, no promotions, but PLENTY of NEW Vp's and Directors
Migration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 30, 2018
The company is extremely top heavy. We were told that there were no promotions or raises, yet tons of new Directors and VP's are being hired. Company does not care.
Great company
Paralegal / Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 28, 2017
Company is a great place to work, the pay is fair, benefits are a little below standards but still competitive ... Company is a overall good place to work.
Pros
free membership, discounted insurance
Cons
healthcare is high, and pay could be a little bit better but pay is still competitive, not many off days
a good place to have a long term career
Travel Agent and Tour Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 20, 2017
Very fast-paced environment for most of the departments. There are many opportunities to advance if you have the skills and education. Most people work there for a short time.
Very unorganized.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 30, 2017
From 2001-2008 this was an amazing company to work for. As time has gone on things change an the management team is not on the same page they don't look out for their employees. To much favoritism.
Insurance Sales Rep
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 27, 2017
Good opportunity with them for me to learn the foundation of insurance. Call center experience but I worked hard to learn what I needed to be successful.
Always busy Great employees
Dispatcher/Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 18, 2017
Never a dull moment, great team work and had a great supervisor. When we worked overtime they provided us lunch and dinner. Very demanding and stressful job. Worked all saturday and Sunday and holidays. Time in a half on weekends and double time on holidays.
Pros
free lunch and dinners
Cons
had to through breaks and lunch.
had to move
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 14, 2017
moved to new city looking for insurance agent job . I worked as sales and service with home , auto insurance as well as some banking . looking for agent job where I get hourly plus commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight