AAA Employee Reviews in Township of Hamilton, NJ

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 2,225 reviews
Great Company but with areas that need improvment
DISPATCH SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Township of Hamilton, NJMarch 22, 2019
At AAA they pay well at least Dispatchers and the benefits are numerous . For instance not only do you get free life insurance up to a certain amount, a 401k and PTO but also things like if you want to take a cruise/vacation and book it out of your home AAA Club you can pay for it out of your check a little at a time and when you come back from your vacation you'll get the same commission check as the AAA travel agent that booked it. Also you'll get a free Premium AAA membership and 50% off for other family members in your household, they also have GEM rewards you can earn and redeem for gift cards to restaurants, stores, movies just about anything( they're great for Christmas gifts at the end of the year). AAA is REALLY big on customer service when you get hired and they have you in a training class Mon-Fri for a moth to learn there system and how to do the job (call takers and Dispatchers) However, sometimes its hard to get other departments to take the calls that should be handled by that department, or even some supervisors will not want to take the member's call. Also, its hard to move up in your department because there really aren't a lot of positions thus they don't open up every often unless someone quits or moves. Also, you cant transfer to another AAA if say you move out of that Clubs area. So if I move from New York to NC I'd actually have to reapply like anyone else, and if you have a member that belongs to a certain other AAA Club( I won't say which) its basically impossible to get through your left telling a member that you can't transfer them and that even thought  more... their stuck on the side of the road there's nothing you can do. My Club gave out 5 dollar Wawa gift cards every time I'd stay late or did any overtime. and if we were busy and had to work through lunch management would provide lunch so we could eat at our desk and you could still take a lunch. Like I said its actually a great company with a lot of perks but they do have a couple of areas that do need to be improved, and their are also a lot of other departments that I don't know much about like insurance, travel agents, Car Care centers and the different positions there, roadside assistance call takers and membership. Either way I do believe AAA it is a company a person could retire from.  less
okay, typical call center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJFebruary 5, 2019
- answering road side assistance calls.
- management isn't helpful
-partime not fulltime when you start
- pay isnt as good as you would think for the job you do
Pros
sitting at a desk all day
Cons
not a fulltime all day shift, management was not helpful .
Ok company to work for
Insurance Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 25, 2018
Company does offer some great things but I feel like there was a disconnect between workers and management. Some where not nice and helpful but rather cut throat. Also how they did the hours and days you worked was very unfair and made it hard to have a family life.
Pros
volunteer work
Cons
short breaks and work schedule
Huge Turnover
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMay 25, 2018
Management severely micromanages unimportant aspects, such as seating but consistently ignores problems with resources needed to perform your job despite daily communication to them of the problems. Holds dispatchers to high standards(which should be expected) but allows shop owners and drivers to treat you like trash and decline calls out of pettiness and laziness. 3 stars only for good benefits and decent pay.
"Comfortable"
Roadside Assistant Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMarch 19, 2018
- The job responsibilities are repetitive. This can be a good or bad thing, depending on the employee.
- Call volume tends to be frequent (keep you busy) during mornings and slows down at night (allows down time, if that's what you want).
- You work independently for the most part. Management checks-in very briefly from time-to-time.
- OT is always available.
- There's practically no opportunity for advancement.
- The company lacks transparency / may say one thing in your interview that doesn't turn out to be as is.
- There's a high turn-over rate.
- Low compensation (less than $15/hour) with very minimal opportunity for bonuses.
- Short breaks (ranging from 10-30 mins max)
Great workplace with great people
Seasonal Retail Agent I (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJFebruary 19, 2018
The managers and coworkers are all very nice people . Offering insight when it is needed, and being honest with your work when required. Could only stay for the summer, but I was offered a chance for a full-time position. They recognize hard work.
Call center environment
Insurance (Senior) Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at AAA. My coworkers were a delight to work with. I got along with all my superiors and was acknowledged when I excelled at my position. The benefits are wonderful. I could see myself going back to this company in the future.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of advancement
Good company
Customer Service Rep. Roadside Call Center (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 17, 2017
This is a good company to work for with many locations worldwide. They have good benefits. There are opportunities for advancement. There are also many discounts.
Pros
Good benefits
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 28, 2017
Call center environment, very comfortable but face paced. Very helpful management willing to assist in advancing. Very detailed training, as well as organized classes.
You work with one person at a time on the phone.
Member Services Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 24, 2017
I liked working with the customers over the phone. I enjoyed fulfilling their needs in membership. I also enjoyed helping people when they broke down on the side of the road and making sure to get help out to them as soon as possible.
My Take on AAA
Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 17, 2017
I enjoy my position with AAA, i love helping members and assisting with resolving their problems. I am able to take on any task that is given at work; high call volume, new benefits, new rules etc. I'm able to adapt to whatever changes are being made. I don't find any struggles working here. I enjoy my co workers i get great help and support from my supervisor team!
Prejudice against Minorities
Confidential Investigator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 6, 2017
The ratio of minorities in entry level positions to those in management/executive level positions is a travesty. If you are white, then you're alright. If you're black then you stay back.

Advice to Mgmt Clean house, especially in the HR department, and instill affirmative action standards.
Pros
Free food on holidays and excessively busy days plus unlimited overtime if that's your gig.
Cons
Deceitfulness at every level, extreme prejudice towards minorities
Awesome company that pushes diversity
Insurance Service Associate/Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 20, 2017
A company that is trying to keep catch up with technology and the millennial demographic. They are doing better with the people they hire and see the changes that will benefit them in the long run.
Great place to work where you can make an impact
Fleet Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 12, 2017
I have worked at AAA for about 10 years. I have be extremely successful at making an impact. I enjoy helping people everyday. I have been blessed with the best team. I have learned to excel in a not for profit organization.
Pros
excellent benefits
It was a fun place
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMay 31, 2016
overall it was pretty easy, sat on the phone and talked to customers all day besides some being kinda outrageous over all simple.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Fun place to work at.
Dispatch Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJNovember 13, 2015
Nice people to work with. Never a dull day at AAA. Supportive management. Advancement opportunities. Fun place to work at.
Pros
Good pay
Very Easy Going, Great Management
ROAD ASSISTANCE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 15, 2015
Company cares about the member and their opinions and views. Always looking to improve. Great place to work, can be extremely busy at times.
##
Roadside Assistance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJune 9, 2015
made sure customers were safe location.
sent out safe and quick road side assistance
answered inbound phone calls
located customers
Loved this work environment
Emergency Roadside Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMay 25, 2015
AAA was a great company to work for, and it broke my heart to have left. They offered benefits, incentives, promotions, flexible schedule, and a great bunch of employees. There was a solid system to go by and the management had their heads together.
Pros
Ac, stable environment, good co workers
Cool Work Enviroment/ Gym in building for small fee
Member Contact Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJApril 20, 2015
Being part-time, working 6 hour shift with a one 20 minute break. Calls are non stop. Very lucrative position if you have a gift of gab for sales.
Pros
Free lunch, Incentives
Cons
Short breaks, no room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight