AAA Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 270 reviews matching the search See all 2,206 reviews
Not a good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 13, 2019
Managers do nothing to help there employees better themselves. Environment is very toxic with competitiveness favoritisms an disrespect for there coworkers.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Nice job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 25, 2019
Like a high school environment but as long as your to yourself you’ll be fine. The manger doesn’t touch base a lot because of call volume but pay is decent and coworkers are welcoming
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Hours aren’t flexible
Not worth your time, high turnover, high stress, lots of empty seats, old management styles
ERS Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 7, 2019
It's a modern call center in modern times using management level skills from the 1980s and 1990s. There is no open door policy and any suggestions go to the suggestion box that is never responded to. No free coffee but plenty of water fountains. Going to the bathroom during regular hours is frowned upon. Managers vary in their experience and level of management skill. Mine was there to get a pay check and that was about it.

It's such fast paced work, you are taking 80-120 calls per 8 hour shift. This means constant back to back calls and they have a higher need of people that overtime is always available. Most of the call center seats are empty due to their high turnover rate. They lose 8 out of 10 people per training class that stays more than 3 months.

The only thing to look forward to were the times of the day it would slow down a little and the last hour of the shift.

I would only recommend this job do the strong-willed ones who can take large amounts of stress with little reward.
Aaa
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 31, 2019
I have refined my customer service skills. Worked on my speed as well as looking at creative ways to help the customer out. Set up tows , tire changes, lock out service, ect for stranded motorists.
Pros
Often free lunch
Cons
Stressful
Nice relax area.
Customer Service Reciever (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 27, 2019
Well what I dislike about the rules here is after your 6 months they do a review and it they decide your not consistent with achieving your goals you will be fired. The Job is not difficult and it’s repetitive but selling is not my style and that’s a goal you need to meet. I’m in roadside assistance you have to convince the members to take there vehicle to AAA auto approve shop, many people already know where they want their vehicle towed
Pros
Great environment, awesome supervisors, helpful.
Cons
Shared desk, unorganized, horrible schedules
Job with high turn over rate
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLMarch 21, 2019
Usually you have to get hired through a third party company by the name of Ultimate staffing. Because of that your advancement options are slim to none. And when they lose contracts your the first person out the door. Company is very unorganized and management is poor.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
No refrigerator for employees; management;literally everything else...
Face paced , customer service
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 20, 2019
Enjoyed helping members , servicing members throughout the USA , friendly environment & presise locations & guaranteed customer service skills & communication
a waste of life
We do sales and customer service (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 19, 2019
Way too much emphasis on how customers feel about AAA. Abusive workplace. You are always getting yelled at by customers who can't spell or have any ability to pay the $66. EVERYTHING is your fault.
Pros
the pay
Cons
everything else
Call Center Environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 18, 2019
This position is a very consistent position within a good work environment. Expect to be able to be a salesperson even if your role is not in sales. This is a factor that is mandatory for all positions. All in all it is a great place to work
n/a
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 5, 2019
a typical day usually includes me clocking in and getting straight to it, members are on the road stranded, and i want to do my best and providing the best and quickest service for the member
Fast Paced & Laid Back
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethalto, ILMarch 1, 2019
I love working here, it’s a fast paced environment. I love all my supervisors and management. It’s a laid back environment. The people I work with are amazing. You can always talk to management no matter what the situation and they listen and do their best. Their understanding to a point. I’ve been here for almost a year and I don’t plan on leaving.
Pros
Good Coworkers, Pto, Management
Cons
No benefits
Stressful and Poor Management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Referral expectations are excessive and absurd and if you don't meet them they single you out in front of others. Management is unreliable and unhelpful, as soon as you have a question no matter how small, they immediately tell you to call the Help Desk even if its in their power to help you. They claim to offer a cooperative and safe environment while constantly threatening to terminate you. Overall experience was unprofessional on their behalf.
Pros
health, vision, dental
Cons
unreliable, unprofessional, constant threats of termination
A good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 8, 2019
Management was very supportive of the rank and file. The CEO knew my first name. It was a large call center and as impressive as any place I have ever worked. They supported employee's that sought advancement. While the work was stressful at time, it was rewarding to help customers who were at in need of assistance.
Pros
Lots of celebrations and cookouts! Medical and Dental! A friendly place to work.
Cons
The compensation could have been higher..
Part-time or full time employment available
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 5, 2019
It's hard to get weekends off, it took me over a year. Scores and rapport are everything. There are work from home options as well. Currently they are only offering split shifts.
Okay
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 23, 2019
I really don't want to fill this out. It's okay. Great for everyone! Come join! You work Monday-Friday and some Saturday's. Great benefits! That is all I have to say. good Luck!
Fast paced enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethalto, ILJanuary 14, 2019
co-workers were great my shift changed that I really didn't like and its a very fast paced job They use a point system and can point out quickly no benefits of any kind the don't clean off side walks after a big snow and you have a pretty far walk to get back and forth to your car.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Fast Paced
AAA is great employer
Customer Service agent (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MD 20852January 7, 2019
Great company; great benefits. sometimes work place culture was vicious. competition between associates a variety of work - unpacking merchandise; talking to customers; cashier. great customers

interesting that there is a very strong sales culture and expectations from management to sell ALL products car care; insurance; merchandise; credit cards.
Pros
great company/products
Cons
competition
I really loved it there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 29, 2018
I really enjoyed working and communicating with the customers, my coworkers and my office team. I gave great quality service to my customers and did everything possible to help my team if needed.
great co workers
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 25, 2018
AAA work environment was at times very stressful you had to wear many hats. There was alot of overtime. Co workers were team players. Management was sometimes very tough on employees
Pros
co workers were great
Cons
stressful at times
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 12, 2018
They really value their employees at AAA! The manager was nice and there were two leads sitting at the front of the call center to answer all questions. Training was lengthy to ensure comfortable and effective phone process since many times the customer was in a stressful situation. If they paid more I would go right back!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight