AAA Employee Reviews for Insurance Agent

Found 173 reviews matching the search See all 2,206 reviews
AAA was great, went bad!
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMay 17, 2019
AAA NCNU Started out great. The upper management cared about the employees and regarded the jobs as careers. When I started at the MSC, management did not want employees to refer to it as a "call center". Now, however, it has turned into a run of the mill "call center". No one is happy with their shifts, the pay is not on par with the work, management sucks and upper management is absent. The worst part is when someone brings up the shortcomings of a department or Expresses frustration, the manager pulls out a bunch of numbers and stats that aren't favorable and shuts down the conversation. I never felt comfortable in any position, I always felt like I was about to be let go. When I did meet the goals, I would get 5 seconds of embarrassing recognition then the goals changed. AAA would give payed days off, but they black out all of the days based on call volume and their need. So essentially, "Here are payed days off, but you can't use them until we tell you that you can." The biggest frustration with working for this company is that they mess with your pay, ALL THE TIME. One month you will hit all your metrics and get a bonus allowing you to pay your Bill's and next month all the metrics have changed and you get nothing.
I don't want this to come off as me bashing the company because I am disgruntled. I left AAA on good terms and hold them no ill will, but at the end it was not a good company to work for.
Pros
Benefits and location
Cons
Management, compensation, communication and expectations of employees
Save yourself, don't do it!
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 16, 2019
Terrible place to work! Management is horrible! They will lie to your face to get you to do what they want and then punish you when you don't succeed with your hands tied behind your back. It is a culture of backstabbing and deceit.
Pros
It's very difficult to come up with any.
Cons
Terrible environment for anyone. Very toxic!
Stay Away
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 10, 2019
This company is not as advertised. The rules are always changing and makes it hard to sell the products to the customers. I left as soon as I could. I would not recommend candidates apply here.
misleading
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 23, 2019
they have their favorites if they do not like you you will not receive leads only a small number of employees make good money. a lot of cold calling to customers who are not interested in the products aaa is offering, a lot of paperwork done by agents
Pros
free parking
Cons
high turn over in every dept
Hired as an insurance agent
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 17, 2019
Went through a grueling property/casualty insurance licensing. However we are basically AAA Master card pushers. That is thier main focus at that company.
Pros
Great salary and commission
Cons
Credit card sales person. High turnover
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLApril 15, 2019
As a long-time employee, I can honestly say this is a great place to work. Fairly secure, plenty of opportunity for advancement, great benefits and nice atmosphere.
Stressful
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 31, 2019
They make it look like a high paying job, but beware it's minimum wage plus commission which can be very stressful to get. No paid time off and they will take your phone duty time if you fall behind for whatever reason. No work life balance. Training was good until you get on the floor, so think twice before joining. It's all glamorous from the outside, but beware.
Pros
Job
Cons
Micro managed- No PTO- Favoritism.
Don’t go there
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMarch 25, 2019
Used to be a great place to work 5 years ago.
Change in culture and compensation has caused many agents to leave the company.
Management only cares about bottom line.
Excellent
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Bethel Park, PAMarch 22, 2019
I really enjoyed it here. It was a great family atmosphere. Pay and benefits were excellent. I Recommend working here. It is a goo company for someone starting out.
A different picture is painted by the recruiter
Property/Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Somewhere, FLMarch 16, 2019
Hired to sell insurance, but all they care about is membership that you don’t make money on. Selling insurance pays bills at most places, not here. Giving away membership for free cuts in to that time. Renewals are only paid at 2%, they keep it all.
Pros
Ample time off, benefits
Cons
CEO doesn’t care about employees
Like working in an adult day care.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMarch 12, 2019
Start at 9 and look up around 6 all the while, answering the phone for multiple departments and dealing with incompetent coworkers. Even though hired to be in agent, you are required to sell memberships, credit cards and help with all other departments aside from your own, making it difficult to focus on your task at hand.
benefits
Cons
poor communication and upper management
Stressful
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLMarch 3, 2019
Not only are you required to sell insurance but also required to sell membership and credit cards. Real corporate driven and company doesn't care how much you sell if you aren't shoving membership and credit cards down customers throats. Often pushed to sell customer on most expensive products.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hard to hit commission
Horrible Management
Insurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 24, 2019
I was in shock when I attended the sales meeting on how a manager can treat their employees like trash. If you are applying to the Northen California AAA club save your self the time . You can make more money working at Freeway insurance . This place is awful !!!
Pros
None !
done
Insurance Agent , Car sales handy work (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIFebruary 18, 2019
delt with the public on a regular basis which i enjoyed also delt with th public when i sold cars for 7 years had my own handy buiness for 7years as well as my years on the fire dept
Great until compensation plan change
Insurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Answer phone calls and emails to meet member needs.

Significance of AAA products and learning what member may also need.

Management is present half of the time.

Workplace can be face paced or slow paced quarterly.

Hardest part of the job would be retention and reconciling cancellations. Also handling membership complains.

Most enjoyable part of the job is free of hard labor.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
compensation plan
Micromanages excessively
Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 10, 2019
I have worked in a lot of call centers, but this one takes the cake on micromanagement. You cannot talk to your co-workers sitting next to you in between calls and they do not want to see you on your cell phone at all. I can understand if it is very busy and you are with a client, but in between calls? I have never worked somewhere where you couldn't converse quietly with any of your coworkers. Also, there is no sick time. If you call out sick, you are not paid from your PTO. Workforce says your sick time must be "planned" How do you plan to be sick? They pay for your property and casualty licensing (school, tests, fingerprinting, etc) So that is a plus. There is room for advancement, you can go into sales, leadership, IT, or customer retention. The pay is $18.00 - $20.00 starting off, but they won't pay you the $20.00 starting off, no advancement for a year. You can park in one of the 3 parking lots or use their Orca card that is unlimited to commute. If you can get past their pettiness and constantly micromanaging your every move, then this would be a great place to work.
Pros
free AAA membership, Premera insurance, paid insurance school training, unlimited Orca card that can be used personally as well.
Cons
cannot talk to coworkers, cannot use the internet, cannot use cell. No separate sick time, so if you call out sick, you cannot use your PTO and get paid.
AAA is a great company to work
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 9, 2019
I was a life insurance sales agent at AAA. AAA was a great company to work for. I missing working at AAA. The management and the people were great.
AAA doesn't appreciate the value of the people who make their company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Poor communication made every day difficult. I learned a lot about insurance. I was not able to depend on my manager to follow through on requests. There was no respect just gossip and backstabbing. If someone was well liked by management they would goof off and distract others which hurt everyone. The best part about the job was making AAA members happy. The hardest part was overlooking the poor workplace morale and trying to do my best in spite of it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor leadership, too much drama not enough professionalism
Started great ended bad
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Starting as an agent for 2 year AAA seemed great and like i would be able to make a living for a few years. But then management changed and although our department was out-preforming previous years, they cut our pay by 45%.
Excellent Environment
Insurance Agent Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 1, 2019
AAA has a great brand and is an excellent employer. Each club is individually run and AAA Missouri was one of the top clubs in the country. They provided great opportunities to all employees.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Sauturation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight