AAA

United States198 reviews

Found 198 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,485 reviews
roadsidemembershiptowmemberagentroadinsuranceauto

Good company

AAA is laid back, pay is good, no limit on how much you make, strict guidelines, you are front line underwriter, lots of customer service, paid training

What is the best part of working at the company?Money was terrible. Not enough carriers. Too much of big brother over your shoulder.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Lack of carriers. Unable to make any money.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Good. Management was helpful. Very Corporate.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Easy going. Organized. A little too regimented.

AAA insights

Based on 1,363 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Great place to work. Fun and energetic.

I loved working at AAA. They really take care of their own. The training classes were fantastic and all inclusive. They make you feel good about yourself and the work you do. Downside is the management, very wishy washy. Very few managers are good. The good managers are good and the bad ones are really bad.

No work life balance

No work life balance. Company just started paying for vacation time AND, you’re still responsible for sales goals when taking time off wether it’s vacation or sick time, unacceptable. Management is just worried about their goals and not employee goals.

Good place to gain experience, then move on...

I signed up for a customer service position at the los angeles call center and ended up with a sales job where enough is never enough. The job itself was not hard. Provide customer service, update and maintain insurance policies as well as the roadside assistance memberships. The pay was decent and you receive monthly bonuses if you meet all of the monthly goals. There was also a lot of opportunity to learn new skills. The job culture is nice in the sense that they do a lot of different employee appreciation lunches for the employees meeting the multiple monthly service quality, call metrics, transaction accuracy... goals. The problem is that every aspect of you day is monitored from how long you take on a call, if you step away to possibly use the restroom to how long it takes you to answer your next call. The customers also rate your service and if they give you a bad rating for not reducing their insurance bill enough then it will take you forever to recover and there is nothing that can be done .....even if you did do everything possible to help the customer : ( Every time you get a new training it's like you start all over changing supervisors constantly and starting over with the closing shift. You can be doing great in general but if you are not meeting the monthly referral goals you will constantly be in meeting with your supervisor and written up. That was not my case I consistently met the preset monthly goals, but it was still never enough. The main emphasis is to up sell and then upsell more so if you do not enjoy sales and having every second of your day monitored -

Pros

lots of opportunity to be trained in new skills, decent pay

Cons

stressful micromanaged job where upselling is the main focus

AAA Takes care of their employees

I love working for AAA. Pay is really good. I trust the people I work with. Managers from our level up still is grounded and knows what it's like in the trenches.

Great Benefits and Supportive Management

First time in insurance and training was pretty streamline. Once I got into the office, the other agents and manager helped out processes and felt the team was truly supportive of my learning process. You will have to sell more than insurance but if you are good at sales you will definitely succeed, plenty warm/hot leads to go around and no problems meeting my goals.

Ok

Ok place to work if starting out in insurance or travel. Management is mediocre and not much room for growth. Very catty office and most unprofessional people I’ve ever worked with/for.

Good people/poor management

Management during my time there was non existent as they were never in office. Had very little support or direction. Upper management was no better as you do not have confidentiality with higher up management. Even if you call the ethics line you are outed and retaliated against.

stressful - no work life balance

pay and work culture has gone down hill. They take advantage of employees, and do not encourage time off Tier based compensation is hard in this economy because cancelations in the first year count against your pay

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AAA?

High turnover

High turnover and they keep changing the environment of the company for the worst. I am unsure of how it is now. I am hoping that the job culture and environment has gotten better.

Don’t work here

Don’t work here - calls are given only to the agents they want. Not equal opportunity. Promises of 100k a year and you’ll get two sales calls a day if your lucky. Also expect to do 25 different jobs for no extra $

Horrible Management and lack of success plan for Insurance Sales Agents

You shouldn’t work here if your looking for a sales position. If you are a customer service rep whose interested in learning how to sell insurance the insurance sales agent is perfect for you as your main focus as an agent is taking customer service calls while being 100% commission that you don’t get paid for, so don’t expect a lot of money but do expect the same amount of stress as a customer service rep with the pressure to also hit sales goal. Learn to love 6 day weeks and expect your management to not have your back. Hopefully a seasoned employee takes the time to show you how to do things.

Pros

Free lunch every now and then

Cons

Stress, anxiety, no support, no job security.

They will always rescue you

Awesome company. Awesome pay and benefits. Understanding management. Typical day calling on customers to try to give quotes, upgrade benefits, etc.

Terrible Compensation

They promoted people with no sales experience as sales managers. Passed me over for promotion. Weak compensation and salary. Terrible working conditions.

Pros

No weekends

Cons

Pretty much everything.

Rough environment. Lack of support. Technology from the 1980’s

The company advertised savings when the truth is that this is one of the most expensive insurance companies in the market. This is the quality of the leads you receive as an agent. IT is outdated so you deal with all kind of glitches on the daily basis. There’s no encouragement or support and on the opposite side they make it harder and harder for you when you are struggling to hit goal. They brag about how much they pay per policy but reality is you are doing the work of the agent, an underwriter and a collection representative. They cap your over time while asking you to take longer breaks to arrive early and leave late.

Benefits

Cons

Work life balance

Not compensated for work forced on you

Won't staff the policy management group, which is a hourly position, and force commission only sales agents to take those calls. Must field policy calls for 1 hour every day and if you don't hit your sales numbers for the month you must take policy calls all day each Monday. Basically you lose 1 week a month of sales opportunities so you probably won't hit your numbers in that month as well

Pros

Lots of sales contests

Cons

Poor health care, no paid time off, must work 2-3 weekends a month, When you work a weekend you don't get a weekday off so you work 6 days a week

Started in Call Center, moved to work from home during pandemic, ended my position with AAA working for a Branch.

I started out early 2019. The call center was like any call center. You start out with late shifts and weekends until you can prove your sales worth. (be prepared to work weekends for the first year or two). Hourly pay is around $15.00 an hour, so hitting your bonus is important if you want to pay all of your bills, not some. Working from home wasn't the worst, but the goals for the call center can be stressful. If you do not produce the Smart Home referrals, you will hear about it (daily) and be told for the millionth time it will eventually be a part of your bonus. If you are looking for a friendly and positive atmosphere, look elsewhere. If you sit down at your desk, grind, and require little interaction, this might be for you. You'll have a meaningless weekly meeting to tell you the same things over and over again. That's basically your interaction with managers. Your experience working from a Branch depends on the Manager. The office I held my position I would dread walking into most days. The negativity was overwhelming and the manager talked to you like their child. I never felt comfortable, respected, or appreciated in any way. I believe a positive work atmosphere is extremely important for success. When you have a loss of 4 employees in two months, success is hard to come by.

Pros

Monday through Friday schedule at the Branch. Benefits and 401k match at 6%.

Cons

Communicate with your employees. Stop the blatant favoritism. Be present and approachable.

Started off as a great place to work but that has really gone downhill over the years

Expect to be told to constantly meet more and more metrics and not have any time off to compensate for the burnout, overworked and highly unappreciated

Favoritism and discrimination

One of the worst management's I have ever worked for. Very shady and money hungry! Favoritism was wild. I saw people treated more unfairly than I ever have in any job ever! Still have a horrible taste in my mouth after many years since I worked there. One of the worst experiences of my life.

Pros

Liked some coworkers

Cons

Didn't like management

Probably the hardest job I’ve ever experienced

AAA is a great company but the job is so bad, short breaks, back to back calls, none of the calls are easy, it’s always a problem that you’ve not been trained in. The days feel endless and you cry daily in dread of the calls coming back to back to back and nearly no agents to help

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Short breaks, hard calls, long calls, long hours, hard systems, no time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AAA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare AAA with

Career recommendations for Insurance Agent

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • AAA